[Germany] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

Am 12.11.2020 um 18:15 schrieb Dan Ormsby:

Sorry, but I've just been informed by our resident licensing expert that we will not be able to include this for FM21 for licensing reasons.  If we can include it for a future version we will. 

Am 15.11.2020 um 22:54 schrieb Dan Ormsby:

This has already been brought up and I have explained that the licensors in Germany gave us a specific set of rules and this was not among these rules, in fact they requested otherwise.  

I must say I find these answers completely unsatisfactory. FM prides itself on being a realistic simulation, without this rule change implemented the Bundesliga ingame simply isn't a realistic representation. I strongly ask you that you try to renegotiate with the DFL and try to find a solution for this problem. I'm sure the DFL is also interested in having an accurate representation in the game. If you do talk to the DFL and they say no, that would still be disappointing, not even trying to get the issue fixed though ist even more disappointing. 

• SI Staff
On 24/11/2020 at 21:28, gerritwerder said:

I must say I find these answers completely unsatisfactory. FM prides itself on being a realistic simulation, without this rule change implemented the Bundesliga ingame simply isn't a realistic representation. I strongly ask you that you try to renegotiate with the DFL and try to find a solution for this problem. I'm sure the DFL is also interested in having an accurate representation in the game. If you do talk to the DFL and they say no, that would still be disappointing, not even trying to get the issue fixed though ist even more disappointing. 

As indicated earlier in the thread, we will be contacting the licensors to see if we are allowed to change this and include it in a future update.

• SI Staff
13 hours ago, maniakus87 said:

Hi,

I don't think this schedule is okay. (2nd season).

bundesliga_2_schedule_issue.jpg

What is the issue exactly?  We don't include official fixtures for the second season in the game.  It looks like there is a winter break there which would be normal, unless you are not happy about the exact dates?  Or is the issue the gap in December?  Is there an international break in game then?  

Only two encounters each in November and December are simply too few. It is usually played every weekend. Unless there are international matches scheduled, but in December this is very unusual. So much for that.

But on the other hand I wonder if I should report anything here at all, because my reports were not processed. Is there no interest from your side in the German youth leagues?

And the message concerning the editor that the files cannot be updated in the Steam Workshop is also completely ignored. Yes, I know. The last one is not part of this, but then I'll avoid these messages in the future, if nobody is interested.

• SI Staff
39 minutes ago, Dani190283 said:

Only two encounters each in November and December are simply too few. It is usually played every weekend. Unless there are international matches scheduled, but in December this is very unusual. So much for that.

But on the other hand I wonder if I should report anything here at all, because my reports were not processed. Is there no interest from your side in the German youth leagues?

And the message concerning the editor that the files cannot be updated in the Steam Workshop is also completely ignored. Yes, I know. The last one is not part of this, but then I'll avoid these messages in the future, if nobody is interested.

Hello, can you please repost or link me to the post about the German youth leagues issue you did not get a reply on?  We have multiple different staff covering this forum at different times and it sounds like it was missed at the time.  Sorry about this.  It isn't because we aren't interested.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Dan Ormsby:

Hello, can you please repost or link me to the post about the German youth leagues issue you did not get a reply on?  We have multiple different staff covering this forum at different times and it sounds like it was missed at the time.  Sorry about this.  It isn't because we aren't interested.

Thanks for the feedback. Specifically, these were the points at issue. The first problem related to the Bundesliga. This error is still unsolved. In the youth leagues, I don't know if the schedule is still mixed up, but there are definitely two rounds played instead of just one. The rule is only valid for 2020/21. And the last of these concerns the DFB-Junioren Vereinspokal. For some seasons now, 32 teams have taken part in this competition.

Am 12.11.2020 um 15:47 schrieb Dani190283:

20201112152818_1.thumb.jpg.c1002e50298bd23568ccdd40ab30cad5.jpg

Eintracht Frankfurt will play Werder Bremen on matchday 6. Logically, they would have to wait until the 23rd matchday to play against them again. But here the match takes place after the game against Hertha BSC. This is not correct. It concerns by the way also other teams.

20201112152906_1.thumb.jpg.e37aa99acf9b27666eadc9e963db922e.jpg

The schedule seems to be wildly mixed up here. This is not correct either. In addition, this season only a simple round is played without a second round.

20201112153017_1.thumb.jpg.6dfc3f3126a6f4bc1eee9645ac2e49b3.jpg

Last year I had already noticed that the DFB-Junioren Vereinspokal takes place with 32 teams. Unfortunately, this time again there are only 21, and I would like to ask for a correction in this respect.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Dani190283 said:

Thanks for the feedback. Specifically, these were the points at issue. The first problem related to the Bundesliga. This error is still unsolved. In the youth leagues, I don't know if the schedule is still mixed up, but there are definitely two rounds played instead of just one. The rule is only valid for 2020/21. And the last of these concerns the DFB-Junioren Vereinspokal. For some seasons now, 32 teams have taken part in this competition.

@Fire_03 can you respond to the issue with the youth leagues raised here please?  If this is something we need to change in game, please log an issue with full details.  Thanks :) 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Dani190283 said:

As regards the scheduling issue, we made some changes to general scheduling ahead of the full release of the game, which, if I understand correctly, should have helped the issue you raise.  So you would need to start a new game to see this take effect.  Thanks.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Dan Ormsby:

As regards the scheduling issue, we made some changes to general scheduling ahead of the full release of the game, which, if I understand correctly, should have helped the issue you raise.  So you would need to start a new game to see this take effect.  Thanks.

I just tested it and the problem was not solved. There is still a matchday inserted on February 1, which should not be like that. So as already shown in the screenshot.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Sebastian Szlenkier:

Thanks for raising this. These were licensed fixtures provided by us by the Bundesliga and our schedule in game matches what we were provided.

https://fcbayern.com/de/club/fcb-ag

actual board of FC Bayern.

CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

board: Oliver Kahn (will be new CEO starting 01/2022)

Jan Christian Dreesen (Finance)

Hasan Salihamidzic (director of football, member of board was implemented correct)

Andreas Jung (Marketing)

Jörg Wacker (International Strategy)

supervisory board:

Herbert Hainer (head of Supervisory board, head of FC Bayern e.V.

Uli Hoeness (former CEO and player)

others will be too  much to implement

Leiter FC Bayern Campus: Jochen Sauer (should be head of youth department)

honory presidents historic to be rememberd:

Uli Hoeness

Franz Beckenbauer

Franz John (founder) in year 1900

Kurt Landauer (jewish German), president of first champion title 1932, was in prison by Nazi Regime in Dachau, could move to Switzerland and returned after WW2 1947 to rebuild the club)

Could be mentioned under legends like Kahn, Ged Müller, Franz Roth, Beckenbauer etc

Am 1.12.2020 um 15:03 schrieb Dan Ormsby:

@Fire_03 can you respond to the issue with the youth leagues raised here please?  If this is something we need to change in game, please log an issue with full details.  Thanks :) 

Tbh, youth leagues are no licensed leagues in the game.

As i kn, we are not responsible for Youth leagues , but i will take a look into this and make decisions.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with my b-team in leauge 3. I somehow got my b-team promoted and that is all nice and good, but I can't let players over 23 play for this team, even if there is a rule that let me play 3 player over 23 in leauge games. But neiter those in the squad or even those from the first team can't be selected for the b-team. I think this is a bug.

It even says they are not eligible to play, but because of the rules they should be able to.

I hope this can be fixed and I don't need to start a new game for this

test.thumb.jpg.7f45453151d1dfc73dfc5ffa30324d5b.jpg

Hi, I have uploaded the file with the name "B team registration problem.fm"

@Dan Ormsby

Edited by Thunder071987

• SI Staff
On 08/12/2020 at 18:03, bernds said:

https://fcbayern.com/de/club/fcb-ag

actual board of FC Bayern.

CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

board: Oliver Kahn (will be new CEO starting 01/2022)

Jan Christian Dreesen (Finance)

Hasan Salihamidzic (director of football, member of board was implemented correct)

Andreas Jung (Marketing)

Jörg Wacker (International Strategy)

supervisory board:

Herbert Hainer (head of Supervisory board, head of FC Bayern e.V.

Uli Hoeness (former CEO and player)

others will be too  much to implement

Leiter FC Bayern Campus: Jochen Sauer (should be head of youth department)

honory presidents historic to be rememberd:

Uli Hoeness

Franz Beckenbauer

Franz John (founder) in year 1900

Kurt Landauer (jewish German), president of first champion title 1932, was in prison by Nazi Regime in Dachau, could move to Switzerland and returned after WW2 1947 to rebuild the club)

Could be mentioned under legends like Kahn, Ged Müller, Franz Roth, Beckenbauer etc

Hi, this is something for the database & research forum, if I have understood correctly.  This is not the correct place to post this.  Thanks.

• SI Staff
On 25/12/2020 at 11:03, Thunder071987 said:

I have a problem with my b-team in leauge 3. I somehow got my b-team promoted and that is all nice and good, but I can't let players over 23 play for this team, even if there is a rule that let me play 3 player over 23 in leauge games. But neiter those in the squad or even those from the first team can't be selected for the b-team. I think this is a bug.

It even says they are not eligible to play, but because of the rules they should be able to.

I hope this can be fixed and I don't need to start a new game for this

test.thumb.jpg.7f45453151d1dfc73dfc5ffa30324d5b.jpg

Can you provide us a save so we can look into this please?  Thanks - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support#text

• 3 weeks later...

I've been managing 1860 Munich and I've worked my way up through the leagues but I haven't received any TV revenue in any season. I'm into my 6th season and I've been in Bundesliga 1 for two years now and I'm still receiving 0 for broadcast revenue each year. 

fm finances.png

fm no revenue.png

I am not sure if this is the right forum. I play with 2 teams. One in the premier league and one in the swiss league. I am now in the 2nd season and have found that all of Germany does not play in the 2021/22 season. The last Games are still the respective relegation games. Do you know this problem?

should everything be back to normal next season or do I need to adjust something?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-19 um 17.36.48.png

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, Mani100 said:

I've been managing 1860 Munich and I've worked my way up through the leagues but I haven't received any TV revenue in any season. I'm into my 6th season and I've been in Bundesliga 1 for two years now and I'm still receiving 0 for broadcast revenue each year. 

fm finances.png

fm no revenue.png

Might be worth posting about this in the Germany thread on the Database & Research forum as I think TV revenue is set database side.  At very least the Head Researcher is more likely to see your post there and will be able to take action if this seems wrong to him.  Thanks!

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, jopps86 said:

I am not sure if this is the right forum. I play with 2 teams. One in the premier league and one in the swiss league. I am now in the 2nd season and have found that all of Germany does not play in the 2021/22 season. The last Games are still the respective relegation games. Do you know this problem?

should everything be back to normal next season or do I need to adjust something?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-19 um 17.36.48.png

Are you using any third party add ons or using a custom database?  If you could answer this and also provide us a save game then we can potentially look into this.  Thanks!  https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support

On 19/01/2021 at 18:51, Dan Ormsby said:

Are you using any third party add ons or using a custom database?  If you could answer this and also provide us a save game then we can potentially look into this.  Thanks!  https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support

I uploaded my savegame Leeds_Luzern.fm and the third party add ons with germany involved.

Thanks for your help

In my save season 22/23 have totally broken schedule.

Bundesliga usualy play 20. Aug - 20. Dec (Winter break) 20. Jan - 20. May.

But in my save from 7. Aug - 31. Okt (Winter???/Autumn break) 31. December - 13. May.

Autumn schedule is broken. We palay Week In&Out. So I will have 17(league)+6(CL)+Cup = 23+games in 80 days? Plus how many 2/3 international breaks? My players will be destroyed.

Is this know bug? Do you need save?

Ok. Now I see.

But common sense.

Do we think that they will fit the whole first half of the season into 2,75 months? And then another half in 5,5 months.

I think matches should be distributed differently. 12 liga games + others i.e. in first half of the season.

Edited by pikijakob

14 hours ago, jgreen16 said:

In my 1860 Munich save I have not been entered into the German cup two seasons running. Is there any reason why this would happen?

Only 4 Liga3 teams qualify, wondered that myself in my 1860 save but apparently that's the case in real life. Seems a bit daft right enough. 

I am playing with Dresden  - in season 1, we get promoted to Bundesliga 2 and are offered the opportunity to create a Dresden II team to play in the regional division. I agree and then hire coaches and fill the roster with youth prospects but as of August 1 2021, no games are scheduled. The German regional divisions are not playable 3.Liga is the lowest level. But the regional divisions exist in the game - Dresden II should be in the northeast division. But, it is not:image.png.5ad5b89755c8e6398952f42271b336d7.png Will my players get match experience? Or, is this a bug?image.png.1928ba7fb4d3047121470cbd15413d7e.png

• 4 weeks later...

Some very weird things in my save with Hoffenheim I just started. In the DFB Pokal, there are Bundesliga ties in round 1. Round 1 is happening in august, during pre-season. Hertha BSC is playing at home to Jena, they play in 4th tier. And the likes of Bayern II are playing in the cup, that is already scrapped some years ago.

Schermopname (102).png

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2021 at 11:34, elliotdanks said:

You can’t play Moukoko until January for Dortmund in game where as in real life he made his debut the day after his 16th birthday as you don’t have to register players under the age of 21. The game makes you have to register him which you shouldn’t have to! 

I’ve also come across a glitch where if you signed a free player after November 20th, it seems to open a registration window where you can register any unregistered player, not just the one signed. This probably shouldn’t be allowed, but you should be able to register Moukoko before January 1st without this glitch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm playing with an add-on for the German lower leagues. I'm managing Türkiyemspor Berlin and just got promoted to the 3.Liga (after starting in the Berlin-Liga, the 6th tier and the lowest available league in this add-on). Bizarrely, my Second XI have been promoted to the Berlin-Liga – that's my Second XI, not Türkiyemspor B team or Türkiyemspor II. It's not acting as a separate club at all. Every close season I had been offered the opportunity to found a II team, but every season I had turned it down. This season I wasn't offered that choice.

Here are some screenshots that show this issue. First one shows Türkiyemspor Berlin Second XI in the Berlin-Liga (note how there's a II team right above them) and the other two show the Season Previews, but in the Squad Analysis on the right it lists the same players for both teams (the 1st team and the 2nd team for every other club list different players because they are separate entities). This is true also for the Salary Per Annum and Transfers. I haven't played any games in the season yet so I don't know what's going to happen when the matches start.

Am I right in thinking something odd is going on here? Can provide a save if needed, but you'll have to tell me from what point in the season would be most useful.

1930491219_Screenshot2021-05-16at10_53_05.thumb.png.e2cef8cda8d5ef79a9b3df00408078f8.png

894086888_Screenshot2021-05-16at11_09_13.thumb.png.585d30398b87bf6889dbbe4fe0b43b71.png

858123160_Screenshot2021-05-16at11_08_37.thumb.png.2ce019d1c16b01865a8ee02d7fb5ecd4.png

• 3 weeks later...

I won the Bundesliga 2. with Trier, but I did not get promoted? I didn't see any news message about why I'm not promoted. 

My Parent club Entracht Frankfurt is playing Bundesliga 1. Maybe that's the reason I didn't get promoted (still a bug though).

• SI Staff
On 31/05/2021 at 17:10, Pino2012 said:

I won the Bundesliga 2. with Trier, but I did not get promoted? I didn't see any news message about why I'm not promoted. 

My Parent club Entracht Frankfurt is playing Bundesliga 1. Maybe that's the reason I didn't get promoted (still a bug though).

Under normal circumstances what would happen here is the affiliation is cancelled and you are promoted, but we will need you to provide us a save to work out why that hasn't happened in this scenario.  Thanks!

Am 16.5.2021 um 12:30 schrieb sglennon:

I'm playing with an add-on for the German lower leagues. ...

It would be good to know which file and version you use for this save. It's a known and fixed bug in one German lower league file due to no teams in one of the lower leagues.

On 05/06/2021 at 08:05, YasoKuul said:

It would be good to know which file and version you use for this save. It's a known and fixed bug in one German lower league file due to no teams in one of the lower leagues.

This is the one I'm using: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2317830932. Just noticed that there are a few other people reporting this issue in the comments. Doesn't look like there's a fix, unfortunately.

Save created on 1499632, running 1540115 on M1 MacBook Air.

It's 2027 in my game, so it's strange that it's only happening now.

Edited by sglennon
more detail

Am 6.6.2021 um 12:06 schrieb sglennon:

This is the one I'm using: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2317830932. Just noticed that there are a few other people reporting this issue in the comments. Doesn't look like there's a fix, unfortunately.

Save created on 1499632, running 1540115 on M1 MacBook Air.

It's 2027 in my game, so it's strange that it's only happening now.

This is the best file for Germany and above mentioned bug has been fixed with a version published on March 28th, unfortunately a new save game is necessary.

• 4 weeks later...

Can the moderator @Dan Ormsbyplease explain why every manager in Bundesliga switches his favorite formation to 4-2-3-1??? Even managers who have other formations like Jesse Marsch, Conte, Nagelsmann, Rose, Hütter start playing boring 4-2-3-1 in 2030 you play 4-2-3-1 in 30+ games in the league, it's very very boring, why is this not fixed, it was in FM20 as well.

• SI Staff
On 04/07/2021 at 07:04, Gdansk said:

Can the moderator @Dan Ormsbyplease explain why every manager in Bundesliga switches his favorite formation to 4-2-3-1??? Even managers who have other formations like Jesse Marsch, Conte, Nagelsmann, Rose, Hütter start playing boring 4-2-3-1 in 2030 you play 4-2-3-1 in 30+ games in the league, it's very very boring, why is this not fixed, it was in FM20 as well.

Hello, this is not an issue for this area of the forum, we deal with competition rules and structures here.  It sounds like this may be something to raise on the match forum.

• 2 months later...

Hello I manage 3. Liga side Türkgücü München and I was promoted to Bundesliga 2 in my 3rd year. My issue is our U19 team wasn't in any youth leagues and I thought maybe if I was promoted my team would be added to one of the U19 leagues but we still are not in any of them. Will my U19 team be without a league forever?