[China] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for China competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for China should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

2 hours ago, tydf3 said:

CSL teams will sign randomly foreign players, there is a restriction on numbers of foreign players in registration yet teams will ignore it and sign lots of foreign players. 

Can you upload a save game that shows this issue? And give precise examples of what's happening? Thanks.

I started a save game in England and did not go into the season too long. In my knowledge teams like china fortune, guangzhou, R&F have more foreign players than the restriction. The Brazlian player signed by Shenzhen, pedezoli, had directly go into the reserve team which wont really happen in real life. I will see if anything more happen as I pay more.

搜狗截图20201112194824.png

I started a save game in England and did not go into the season too long. In my knowledge teams like china fortune, guangzhou, R&F have more foreign players than the restriction. The Brazlian player signed by Shenzhen, pedezoli, had directly go into the reserve team which wont really happen in real life. I will see if anything more happen as I pay more.

搜狗截图20201112194824.png

22 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Could you please upload your save file to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions attached below? Thank you very much.

Summary: When in the squad registration screen will not let me confirm the squad because it is apparently invalid although no league rules are breached

Description: During the final squad registration I tried to register a player in the U19 squad because he met the rule of "Maximum of 1 Chinese naturalised players in the squad will not count as foreign" but as soon as I click accept it comes up with a message saying "Squad List Invalid" even though every league registration rule is met. Take that one player out, however, and you can submit the squad with no problem so I don't know if its an issue with that particular rule in the squad registration window. I have also tried saving on the squad screen, going out of the save then loading back in. In the inbox there is the squad registration message with all the rules met and the particular player already selected according to the previously mentioned rule and from that screen I could just confirm the squad without having to go in and select any players. 

Steps to reproduce: Go into "Squad Registration" from the message in the inbox, take out the goalkeeper "Li Haitao" and register the striker "Guo Kai" from the U19 squad then click "Confirm Selection"

File uploaded: Jiangsu - Squad Invalid 1

4 hours ago, tydf3 said:

搜狗截图20201112194824.png

That sounds a bit odd alright. Could you upload a save game as described here so we can investigate? 

22 hours ago, tydf3 said:

搜狗截图20201112194824.png

Actually I've had a chance to look into this myself and it looks like it's one for the Transfers forum. The actual league rules are being adhered to (ie the correct number of players are being registered) so this needs to be looked at by our transfers guys. Report it here please: https://community.sigames.com/forum/804-transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

• Administrators
On 12/11/2020 at 16:23, Flashman\'s School Days said:

Summary: When in the squad registration screen will not let me confirm the squad because it is apparently invalid although no league rules are breached

Description: During the final squad registration I tried to register a player in the U19 squad because he met the rule of "Maximum of 1 Chinese naturalised players in the squad will not count as foreign" but as soon as I click accept it comes up with a message saying "Squad List Invalid" even though every league registration rule is met. Take that one player out, however, and you can submit the squad with no problem so I don't know if its an issue with that particular rule in the squad registration window. I have also tried saving on the squad screen, going out of the save then loading back in. In the inbox there is the squad registration message with all the rules met and the particular player already selected according to the previously mentioned rule and from that screen I could just confirm the squad without having to go in and select any players. 

Steps to reproduce: Go into "Squad Registration" from the message in the inbox, take out the goalkeeper "Li Haitao" and register the striker "Guo Kai" from the U19 squad then click "Confirm Selection"

File uploaded: Jiangsu - Squad Invalid 1

Thanks for your save. We are investigating this issue now.

In my holiday savegame, currently in 2041. I have seen that Chinese clubs are incredibly rich compared to everyone else. Between 600 millions upt to 1.1 billion bank account. My concern is less the amount of money, which could be discussionable aswell, but they don't use their power.

- No Transfers that would be possible with that money

- no higher club reputation. (compared with another bug where RB Salzburg seems to benefit extremely from their financial power)

- No youth facilities or training facilities getting upgraded close to state of the art.

- No high salaries like Hulk, Oscar, Tevez in the past. I know there are new tax-regulations, but with 1 billion on their accounts.... 

It just seems a bit imbalanced compared to the rest of the game world.

Cheers

Daveincid

Le 12/11/2020 à 07:39, Flashman\'s School Days a dit :

I'm having an issue with registration where it's showing me that I meet all criteria but when I try and submit the squad it says "Squad List Invalid" but doesn't tell me why

I have the same problem. The issue comes from the player from Chinese Taipei. All criteria are met, but if I register the guy from Taipei,Tim Show at the bottom end, "Squad List Invalid" too ; if I do not register him, everything is fine.

1873510264_ShandongLunengTaishan_Enregistrement.jpg.9ca745c3851f69109ccc1f44cbda3d79.jpg

with tim.jpg

Shandong Luneng Taishan_ Enregistrement-2.jpg

no tim.jpg

Same problem also with transfers : too many foreign players in several teams.

Moreover, the Chinese naturalized player is considered as a foreign player during the match.

Thanks.

EDIT : I have succeeded in confirming the registration. I came back to the inbox and confirm in the message and it worked. BUT the Chinese naturalized player and the Taipei player are both considered as foreigners on the match sheet. This is a big issue in China where there are so few foreign players allowed.

Edited by Aubibeen69

13 hours ago, Daveincid said:

In my holiday savegame, currently in 2041. I have seen that Chinese clubs are incredibly rich compared to everyone else. Between 600 millions upt to 1.1 billion bank account. My concern is less the amount of money, which could be discussionable aswell, but they don't use their power.

- no higher club reputation. (compared with another bug where RB Salzburg seems to benefit extremely from their financial power)

- No youth facilities or training facilities getting upgraded close to state of the art.

- No high salaries like Hulk, Oscar, Tevez in the past. I know there are new tax-regulations, but with 1 billion on their accounts.... 

Cheers

Daveincid

This is actually a fantastic feedback from you regarding realism, because it sounds quite real for predictable near future

Being rich: unless privately funded without getting government indirect injection support for footballing project, Chinese clubs can be rich on account as it's already rich state owned/affliated coops representing government to financially aid clubs, and they are either Sport & Cultural developer, electricity, estate developer.etc

Club reputation: Indeed Chinese clubs are mostly not reputable in terms of their branding, apart from a few with nationwide strategy, most of them are only known to their city/region and peers in same division, not to mention international. Only those regularly featured in ACL could be well recognised outside China.

Facility and academy: Exactly what club owner(ship)s does not regard because youth development doesn't benefit (at least any more now after same recent transfer fee/investment restriction). Plus there are a lot of rentable training bases around the country being built to accommodate long winter-spring pre-season camp(by average 2 months), it's been more economical to just rent these bases for a well prepared pre-season/competition camp and then just make the home facility at based city affordable, sustainable for needs during the season.

Also some clubs are based at quite North, where there is no much sense to invest on facility they can't use during winter or even longer period, unless they go for luxurious indoor. BUT, the landlease is also managed dominantly by government, it's not as if when a club owner is rich then they can easily lease the land to build/expand facility.

No high salary star player: it's exactly what a footballing developing country/league will have sooner or later(check Japan in 90s), financial capping from FA and indirectly government level already came and more to follow. Also it's a national economic/financial issue, even a football club can be super rich with injection cash up to billions you don't splash out foreign currency out of national foreign currency balance anymore, if just for footballing result.

So your summary that "a bit imbalanced compared to the rest of the game world", is a great one you may considering removing the world "game"

vor 4 Stunden schrieb FM-China:

This is actually a fantastic feedback from you regarding realism, because it sounds quite real for predictable near future

Being rich: unless privately funded without getting government indirect injection support for footballing project, Chinese clubs can be rich on account as it's already rich state owned/affliated coops representing government to financially aid clubs, and they are either Sport & Cultural developer, electricity, estate developer.etc

Club reputation: Indeed Chinese clubs are mostly not reputable in terms of their branding, apart from a few with nationwide strategy, most of them are only known to their city/region and peers in same division, not to mention international. Only those regularly featured in ACL could be well recognised outside China.

Facility and academy: Exactly what club owner(ship)s does not regard because youth development doesn't benefit (at least any more now after same recent transfer fee/investment restriction). Plus there are a lot of rentable training bases around the country being built to accommodate long winter-spring pre-season camp(by average 2 months), it's been more economical to just rent these bases for a well prepared pre-season/competition camp and then just make the home facility at based city affordable, sustainable for needs during the season.

Also some clubs are based at quite North, where there is no much sense to invest on facility they can't use during winter or even longer period, unless they go for luxurious indoor. BUT, the landlease is also managed dominantly by government, it's not as if when a club owner is rich then they can easily lease the land to build/expand facility.

No high salary star player: it's exactly what a footballing developing country/league will have sooner or later(check Japan in 90s), financial capping from FA and indirectly government level already came and more to follow. Also it's a national economic/financial issue, even a football club can be super rich with injection cash up to billions you don't splash out foreign currency out of national foreign currency balance anymore, if just for footballing result.

So your summary that "a bit imbalanced compared to the rest of the game world", is a great one you may considering removing the world "game"

Wow! Thank you very much for this inside-view of Chinese-Football. It makes much more sense with theese background-informations and it is really interesting too!

The only thing I'm still struggling a bit are the facilities. I heard once that the clubs spend a lot of money in foreign knowledge, so they hire a lot of coaches from abroad to develop the next gen of chinese footballers on a more professional level.

IMO that's why there are theese strictly foreign playes limitation in the league, withouth playing-time, they won't develop that much.

So they realized, that it's necessary to invest in the recruitment to have better chinese players in the future, this is partly represented with youth recruitment and junior coaching in fm. If there is really such a focus IRL, shouldn't be theese values higher, or more likely to improve in the future? 

• SI Staff
On 21/11/2020 at 10:23, Daveincid said:

Cheers

Daveincid

These would all be issues for the gameplay team and not anything to do with the rulegroups area, except I can tell you that there is a maximum wage limit now for any new contracts, so you won't see the like of big salaries in FM21 beyond the contracts which were signed before this rule was introduced.  This is detailed on the Chinese Super League rules page.  Thanks.

• SI Staff
On 13/11/2020 at 22:04, Flashman\'s School Days said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have come across the Chinese U19 team being full of 15/16 year old newgens without clubs bar one player despite there being plenty of Chinese players available to play in this team

Hard to tell if this is definitely an issue without a save or a screenshot, but either way this is an issue with international team selection for the gameplay team, so not for this area of the forum.  Thanks.

• SI Staff
On 21/11/2020 at 16:58, Aubibeen69 said:

I have the same problem. The issue comes from the player from Chinese Taipei. All criteria are met, but if I register the guy from Taipei,Tim Show at the bottom end, "Squad List Invalid" too ; if I do not register him, everything is fine.

1873510264_ShandongLunengTaishan_Enregistrement.jpg.9ca745c3851f69109ccc1f44cbda3d79.jpg

with tim.jpg

Shandong Luneng Taishan_ Enregistrement-2.jpg

no tim.jpg

Same problem also with transfers : too many foreign players in several teams.

Moreover, the Chinese naturalized player is considered as a foreign player during the match.

Thanks.

EDIT : I have succeeded in confirming the registration. I came back to the inbox and confirm in the message and it worked. BUT the Chinese naturalized player and the Taipei player are both considered as foreigners on the match sheet. This is a big issue in China where there are so few foreign players allowed.

We have done some further work on the naturalisation issue which will be included in the full release of FM21, so this should hopefully cover this.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Dan Ormsby:

These would all be issues for the gameplay team and not anything to do with the rulegroups area, except I can tell you that there is a maximum wage limit now for any new contracts, so you won't see the like of big salaries in FM21 beyond the contracts which were signed before this rule was introduced.  This is detailed on the Chinese Super League rules page.  Thanks.

thanks for the answer. Should I raise it there or will it be moved there? 

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

thanks for the answer. Should I raise it there or will it be moved there? 

You'll need to raise anything yourself in the appropriate gameplay forum, but please only raise any issue you still think is valid after reading the previous reply from FM-China.  Thanks!

On 22/11/2020 at 12:58, Daveincid said:

The only thing I'm still struggling a bit are the facilities. I heard once that the clubs spend a lot of money in foreign knowledge, so they hire a lot of coaches from abroad to develop the next gen of chinese footballers on a more professional level.

It was actually explained once(see below), so what's the detail that you are still struggling with?

On 22/11/2020 at 08:41, FM-China said:

Facility and academy: Exactly what club owner(ship)s does not regard because youth development doesn't benefit (at least any more now after same recent transfer fee/investment restriction).

Plus there are a lot of rentable training bases around the country being built to accommodate long winter-spring pre-season camp(by average 2 months), it's been more economical to just rent these bases for a well prepared pre-season/competition camp and then just make the home facility at based city affordable, sustainable for needs during the season.

Therefore bringing in foreign coaches, even for cost higher than they worth in their home country, is more economical to spend on facility that you may not use much during the year, and even not owned by the club(government/council dominantly owns the property or landlease)

vor 1 Minute schrieb FM-China:

It was actually explained once(see below), so what's the detail that you are still struggling with?

Therefore bringing in foreign coaches, even for cost higher than they worth in their home country, is more economical to spend on facility that you may not use much during the year, and even not owned by the club(government/council dominantly owns the property or landlease)

Maybe I missed the point that it's not only affecting the facillities, even more the junior coaching and youth recruitment. If allowed I would link to a extern news article, there are a lot of similar ones. I don't wanna say that it is wrongly set by the research. I just wonder, if Chinas aim is still the same, to be a global football power, why shouldn't they invest into the best recruitment they can? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36015657

vor 8 Minuten schrieb FM-China:

I agree about the coaches, but isn't this IRL more connected than it is represented in the game? To have good foreign coaches to improve the recruitment of players is their philosophy, that would end in high youth-recruitment and junior coaching?

I am only referring to the informations I found online. 

On 22/11/2020 at 12:58, Daveincid said:

So they realized, that it's necessary to invest in the recruitment to have better chinese players in the future, this is partly represented with youth recruitment and junior coaching in fm. If there is really such a focus IRL, shouldn't be theese values higher, or more likely to improve in the future? 

Clubs may increase awareness and investment on future recruitment but the problem in China is that education system doesn't collaborate well with sport, especially football, at around age of 12 moving from elementary school to junior/middle school level, players and parents have to make pre-mature choice between pro almost FT academy contract or FT academic education with limited amatuer school football. Choosing former means almost a definite loss of chance of getting into decent unis and therefore possibly middle class, choosing latter means little chance getting back to pro academy/league in future due to the difference in terms of level on everything footballwise in school. There are individuals who succeeded to make seemingly impossible switch but they are rare.

So in another word clubs have insufficient influence/resource to really enhance talent pool to have their youth recruitment value seriously improved, unless a club in reality has invest significantly to make themselves favourable and attractive for those minority group of boys and families opting to football career, no matter how limited the number of them is.

Youth coaching is another issue but it's also not just the club can improve talent pool for youth coaches, if only pro academy rejectees, sport subject area student(who was unlikely trained at high enough level due to reason listed above), and outdated pro coaches who no longer gets salary they fancy at senior/pro level, have little better career choice other than youth coach in terms of income, social status and working environment. Plus there is "glass wall" for people from else background other than these 3 categories, set by those already in the profession field, that "if you are pro-trained for football how are you qualified to coach football". It's similar to player development that if you only have limited and not the best talent pool, you don't produce good enough graduates even you may hire top tutor/coach. 

So for a club to have their youth coaching increased they need to present that they hire/develop youth coach who are educated/skilled/suitable/of potential for this career rather than being of just football relevant background, Chinese or foreign.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb FM-China:

Clubs may increase awareness and investment on future recruitment but the problem in China is that education system doesn't collaborate well with sport, especially football, at around age of 12 moving from elementary school to junior/middle school level, players and parents have to make pre-mature choice between pro almost FT academy contract or FT academic education with limited amatuer school football. Choosing former means almost a definite loss of chance of getting into decent unis and therefore possibly middle class, choosing latter means little chance getting back to pro academy/league in future due to the difference in terms of level on everything footballwise in school. There are individuals who succeeded to make seemingly impossible switch but they are rare.

So in another word clubs have insufficient influence/resource to really enhance talent pool to have their youth recruitment value seriously improved, unless a club in reality has invest significantly to make themselves favourable and attractive for those minority group of boys and families opting to football career, no matter how limited the number of them is.

Youth coaching is another issue but it's also not just the club can improve talent pool for youth coaches, if only pro academy rejectees, sport subject area student(who was unlikely trained at high enough level due to reason listed above), and outdated pro coaches who no longer gets salary they fancy at senior/pro level, have little better career choice other than youth coach in terms of income, social status and working environment. Plus there is "glass wall" for people from else background other than these 3 categories, set by those already in the profession field, that "if you are pro-trained for football how are you qualified to coach football". It's similar to player development that if you only have limited and not the best talent pool, you don't produce good enough graduates even you may hire top tutor/coach. 

So for a club to have their youth coaching increased they need to present that they hire/develop youth coach who are educated/skilled/suitable/of potential for this career rather than being of just football relevant background, Chinese or foreign.

All issues are gone, incredible eye for in-depth! Thanks!

1 minute ago, Daveincid said:

Maybe I missed the point that it's not only affecting the facillities, even more the junior coaching and youth recruitment. If allowed I would link to a extern news article, there are a lot of similar ones. I don't wanna say that it is wrongly set by the research. I just wonder, if Chinas aim is still the same, to be a global football power, why shouldn't they invest into the best recruitment they can? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36015657

I agree about the coaches, but isn't this IRL more connected than it is represented in the game? To have good foreign coaches to improve the recruitment of players is their philosophy, that would end in high youth-recruitment and junior coaching?

I am only referring to the informations I found online. 

Aha please check the latest reply seconds ago, this is now a social topic now, quite complicated. The bbc article, and a lot of foreign view, not their fault, analyse and predict the future of Chinese football based on the history/pattern in their own country, not yet acknowledging massive social difference. 

In an other word, "if China has so much resource on what we don't have, then surely they gonna surpass us soon."

But China also has unique and not so good base, comparing to most footballing developed country.

It's like if A+2=15, then what's a+12? Surely we may think oh a+12 is likely be much bigger than A+2, because there is big difference of 10 in terms of addition, and A is similar to a by appearance.

But what if a=just 1, and actually is very different from A, rather a difference between like A and C?

And we put China into the place of a in these equations?

5 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

All issues are gone, incredible eye for in-depth! Thanks!

You are welcome, successfully simulating Chinese football will also be something incredible that we've already fallen into. Worth introducing <Chinese Football Manager>series if in future there is global gamer interest on playing one of the most dramatic football world in reality.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb FM-China:

You are welcome, successfully simulating Chinese football will also be something incredible that we've already fallen into. Worth introducing <Chinese Football Manager>series if in future there is global gamer interest on playing one of the most dramatic football world in reality.

Definetly! Thank you for taking the time!

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, janrzm said:

I'm not sure I'm in the right place for this but here goes.

Last season I reported a bug around the transfer activity of Chinese clubs, they were too active and managing to sign players that didn't really fit with real life, i.e Younger rising stars from Europe and South America. Ultimately this was addressed by SI and corrected for realism.

I'm only half way through my first season on the beta but I've just seen two Chinese clubs bid on 21 year old Belgian, Zinho Vanheusden. It just set my alarm bells ringing, have there been any reports of "Overactive and unrealistic" transfers to the Chinese League?

Cheers.

This would be an issue to raise in the transfers & contracts forum and would be a gameplay issue.  Unless clubs are breaking transfer rules directly, this is not for this area of the forum.  Thanks.

Le 22/11/2020 à 18:42, Dan Ormsby a dit :

We have done some further work on the naturalisation issue which will be included in the full release of FM21, so this should hopefully cover this.

Thanks !

I have just tried with the full release and it works.

BUT

I play with Shandong. For the matchs of Superleague of China, my Chinese naturalized players (Pedro Delgado) is still considered as foreigner and my player from Taipei, Tin Chow, too.

Edited by Aubibeen69

il y a 5 minutes, Aubibeen69 a dit :

Thanks !

BUT

I play with Shandong. For the matchs of Superleague of China, my Chinese naturalized players (Pedro Delgado) is still considered as a foreigner and my player from Taipei, Tim Chow, too.

15 minutes ago, Aubibeen69 said:

Thanks !

BUT

I play with Shandong. For the matchs of Superleague of China, my Chinese naturalized players (Pedro Delgado) is still considered as foreigner and my player from Taipei, Tin Chow, too.

In reality Delgado is treated as foreigner until around 2024 season.

Like in Canada maybe : naturalized after three years but eligible for Team Canada after five years.

And what about the player from Taipei ? He shouldn't be considered as a foreign player in the Superleague if I understand correctly.

49 minutes ago, Aubibeen69 said:

Like in Canada maybe : naturalized after three years but eligible for Team Canada after five years.

And what about the player from Taipei ? He shouldn't be considered as a foreign player in the Superleague if I understand correctly.

FIFA rules require a player to be resident in a country for 5 years after their 18th birthday, regardless of that country's own naturalisation rules. Delgado hasn't been in China long enough to qualify, I believe.

This rule could result, for example, in a player naturalising as a Canadian from three years of residence on the day after his 18th birthday, but still needing to live there for five more years to qualify to represent Canada under FIFA's rules.

On 24/11/2020 at 21:14, Aubibeen69 said:

I don't know about Canada but we don't really have accumulative naturalisation law open, these players are all special cases, Delgado has only become possible to represent China after FIFA changed rules in Sep. 

Minor fix for HK/MAC/TPE players as domestic players have always been underway, but in reality there is an extra condition that the player must first register at HK/MAC/TPE as pro player(therefore ruling out naturalised player from non-local background) 

On 24/11/2020 at 22:06, Stephen Glennon said:

FIFA rules require a player to be resident in a country for 5 years after their 18th birthday, regardless of that country's own naturalisation rules. Delgado hasn't been in China long enough to qualify, I believe.

This rule could result, for example, in a player naturalising as a Canadian from three years of residence on the day after his 18th birthday, but still needing to live there for five more years to qualify to represent Canada under FIFA's rules.

Delgado is accumulating his 5 years but before FIFA changed rules in Sep he was forever ineligible for China because he played for Portugal at official competition at youth level

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing in China as Wuhan Three Towns, having holidayed the first season and taking them over after they got promoted.  Having completed two seasons my U19 team hasn't played a single league fixture, only appearing in the U19 FA Cup.  Having looked at the U19 leagues, it seems to be closed off to only those teams that begin the game with a team there.  I'm just wondering if this is correct because I'm doing a youth only challenge and I don't enjoy having a basically pointless U19 squad

Why there are no Xinjiang youth players???

I'm playing as Xinjiang Tianshan Leopard which is a team located in the heart of Xinjiang province that is the home of millions Uighurs, Kyrgyz and Kazakhs. But in my youth intakes, they are all Han Chinese players which is extremely unrealistic since the my first team is filled with local players. I get youth player name such as "Zhang Yuan" that only speaks Chinese instead of what it should be such as "Erpanjan" that also speaks Turkish (in game there is no Uighur so it just shown as Turkish). 

SI please, could you please look into this. This ruins the immersion of the game. Thanks.

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, TheQueenMalkova said:

Why there are no Xinjiang youth players???

I'm playing as Xinjiang Tianshan Leopard which is a team located in the heart of Xinjiang province that is the home of millions Uighurs, Kyrgyz and Kazakhs. But in my youth intakes, they are all Han Chinese players which is extremely unrealistic since the my first team is filled with local players. I get youth player name such as "Zhang Yuan" that only speaks Chinese instead of what it should be such as "Erpanjan" that also speaks Turkish (in game there is no Uighur so it just shown as Turkish). 

SI please, could you please look into this. This ruins the immersion of the game. Thanks.

Hi there, this is the wrong forum for this issue I'm afraid, we deal specifically with issues directly related to competitions and rules for the competitions.  You will need to raise the issue with newgens on the gameplay forum.  I have enquired and we have a feature request in our system for improvements to language distribution in China, so we have this in hand.  Please post about the newgen issue here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/828-all-other-gameplay/ 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hi there, this is the wrong forum for this issue I'm afraid, we deal specifically with issues directly related to competitions and rules for the competitions.  You will need to raise the issue with newgens on the gameplay forum.  I have enquired and we have a feature request in our system for improvements to language distribution in China, so we have this in hand.  Please post about the newgen issue here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/828-all-other-gameplay/ 

Thanks!

OK thanks Dan. I've just posted this on the forum you linked, hopefully it wouldn't get ignored. Please just have a look. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Appears to be an issue with the foreign player exemption rule - cannot select any players for the exemption despite having a Chinese Taipei player who should be eligible

607093235_ChineseTaipei.thumb.PNG.74d345d35280af5adf65155844e54681.PNG1243466848_2ChineseTaipei.thumb.PNG.b2e592d53413347415b1bb2f2971e475.PNG

At later time when testing managed to get the  player to appear using auto-select, but then it doesn't consider him as meeting the criteria of being from Chinese Taipei (probable it being August and the rule require it to be submitted on 9th Feb 2021 would block it anyway but doesn't explain why he fails that condition)

He should both be available to select for the exemption and then be counted as meeting all the conditions, right?

1753228431_ChineseTaipeiAug.thumb.PNG.a76b1036714aefd04c0323961cdeaede.PNG

Edited by tj344
Made 3rd/Final picture higher resolution so actually visible

• SI Staff
On 26/12/2020 at 21:59, tj344 said:

Appears to be an issue with the foreign player exemption rule - cannot select any players for the exemption despite having a Chinese Taipei player who should be eligible

607093235_ChineseTaipei.thumb.PNG.74d345d35280af5adf65155844e54681.PNG1243466848_2ChineseTaipei.thumb.PNG.b2e592d53413347415b1bb2f2971e475.PNG

At later time when testing managed to get the  player to appear using auto-select, but then it doesn't consider him as meeting the criteria of being from Chinese Taipei (probable it being August and the rule require it to be submitted on 9th Feb 2021 would block it anyway but doesn't explain why he fails that condition)

He should both be available to select for the exemption and then be counted as meeting all the conditions, right?

Hi there, we are aware of some issues regarding the functionality of registration in China, which we are looking into as a priority.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2020 at 20:13, Flashman\'s School Days said:

I'm playing in China as Wuhan Three Towns, having holidayed the first season and taking them over after they got promoted.  Having completed two seasons my U19 team hasn't played a single league fixture, only appearing in the U19 FA Cup.  Having looked at the U19 leagues, it seems to be closed off to only those teams that begin the game with a team there.  I'm just wondering if this is correct because I'm doing a youth only challenge and I don't enjoy having a basically pointless U19 squad

Has anyone got any information on this as it is still the case despite being into my sixth season on my save

I'd also like to know if this is a bug, of the three seasons that I have competed in Chinese League One, myself and BJ BSU have been the only two teams from our league to be put into the Second Round of the Cup.  Is there a reason that I'm not seeing why I get put into this round instead of the Third Round with the rest of the league

696189966_Screenshot(167).thumb.png.c20e5b90c753aaff1e3b285c860d6417.png

• SI Staff
On 07/01/2021 at 22:15, Flashman\'s School Days said:

I'd also like to know if this is a bug, of the three seasons that I have competed in Chinese League One, myself and BJ BSU have been the only two teams from our league to be put into the Second Round of the Cup.  Is there a reason that I'm not seeing why I get put into this round instead of the Third Round with the rest of the league

696189966_Screenshot(167).thumb.png.c20e5b90c753aaff1e3b285c860d6417.png

@FM-China would it be possible for you to respond to this point and the one above it?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2021 at 19:29, Dan Ormsby said:

@FM-China would it be possible for you to respond to this point and the one above it?  Thanks.

It seems like the AI didn't bring enough 2nd division and amateur clubs into this round with 16 games, probably as result of not having enough clubs for 1st round(32 games between 64 clubs).

I can double check the number of amateur clubs supposedly active for FA cup entry, but what's the criteria for current program to decide whether or not an amateur club can join FA cup 1st round?

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/12/2020 at 21:59, tj344 said:

Hi there, 

I am still having the same issue as this user. Similar issues with Pedro Delgado and Tyias Browning being counted as foreign. 

Thanks!