[Northern Ireland] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Northern Ireland competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Northern Ireland should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

For season 2020/21 the Irish Cup (ID: 310026) Only 32 teams will compete for this season's 2020-21 Irish Cup because of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the Irish FA has announced.

The competition will get underway on 9 January 2021 and involve the 24 clubs from the Premiership and Championship.

The 2019-20 Intermediate Cup semi-finalists and the next four teams in the league pyramid will also compete.

Those final four places will be awarded to the teams ranked highest in last season's league pyramid based on points per game.

It also said it hoped to return to the traditional cup format in the 2021-22 season.

The traditional format sees intermediate sides compete in four rounds before being joined by the 24 senior clubs in the last 32 (fifth round).

The list of this season's participants is as follows: via The Belfast Telegraph Irish Cup limited to 32 teams for 20/21 season due to impact of Covid-19 pandemic

Linfield, Coleraine, Crusaders, Cliftonville, Glentoran, Larne, Glenavon, Carrick Rangers, Dungannon Swifts, Ballymena United, Warrenpoint Town, Portadown, Institute, Ballinamallard United, Loughgall, Ards, Newry City, Dundela, Ballyclare Comrades, H&W Welders, Queen's University, Dergview, Knockbreda, Annagh United, Dollingstown, Newington, St James' Swifts, Belfast Celtic, PSNI, Portstewart, Bangor, Banbridge Town.

23 minutes ago, Bannside of Killowen said:

For season 2020/21 the Irish Cup (ID: 310026) Only 32 teams will compete for this season's 2020-21 Irish Cup because of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the Irish FA has announced.

The competition will get underway on 9 January 2021 and involve the 24 clubs from the Premiership and Championship.

The 2019-20 Intermediate Cup semi-finalists and the next four teams in the league pyramid will also compete.

Those final four places will be awarded to the teams ranked highest in last season's league pyramid based on points per game.

It also said it hoped to return to the traditional cup format in the 2021-22 season.

The traditional format sees intermediate sides compete in four rounds before being joined by the 24 senior clubs in the last 32 (fifth round).

The list of this season's participants is as follows: via The Belfast Telegraph Irish Cup limited to 32 teams for 20/21 season due to impact of Covid-19 pandemic

Linfield, Coleraine, Crusaders, Cliftonville, Glentoran, Larne, Glenavon, Carrick Rangers, Dungannon Swifts, Ballymena United, Warrenpoint Town, Portadown, Institute, Ballinamallard United, Loughgall, Ards, Newry City, Dundela, Ballyclare Comrades, H&W Welders, Queen's University, Dergview, Knockbreda, Annagh United, Dollingstown, Newington, St James' Swifts, Belfast Celtic, PSNI, Portstewart, Bangor, Banbridge Town.

I'm not sure if we are coding one off competition changes but will get some clarification on this. 

On 10/11/2020 at 23:58, Bannside of Killowen said:

Summary:  Set up new game with Coleraine with the earliest possible start date.

Description of Issue: Unable to play in European Comp due to start date 

Steps to Reproduce: Load Coleraine FC, Glentoran & Linfield 

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud:  Rebecca Carson - Coleraine - Euro - Beta

Is there any update?

21 minutes ago, Bannside of Killowen said:

Is there any update?

I'm afraid this is unavoidable due to the start date of the league and the Covid-19 situation.  We can't offer such a unique start date, so inevitably if you choose a team in the early stages of European competition the matches will be simulated when starting the game.  This is the same for some other nations too.  As the next poster points out, you can get around this by including another nation and selecting their early start date, if you so wish.  Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Bannside of Killowen said:

26th of December is Derby Day in the Danske Bank Premiership 

Same Fixture or Day every year except Sunday and if there's a Relegation.

Ballymena Utd v Coleraine 

Crusaders v Cliftonville 

Glenavon v Portadown 

Glentoran v Linfield

Larne v Carrick Rangers 

16051792563943175320882506039629.jpg

While this would be a nice feature to have, the league is not licensed so we do not feature the real fixtures.

59 minutes ago, paulmctevez said:

Hi @David Siddall, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks
Paul

Hi, I previously hid this because it is a database issue not relevant to this thread.  David SIddall is part of the database team.  Please post this on the database & research forum.  Thanks

On 12/11/2020 at 11:29, Dan Ormsby said:

While this would be a nice feature to have, the league is not licensed so we do not feature the real fixtures.

This is an extremely poor decision.  Massive fixture in the league everyone looks forward to  ''Boxing Day''  its Derby day you play your local rivals.  It saves people travelling so far on Christmas and is by far the biggest attendance of the season.  Please reconsider this one and only decision the rest of the league can be random but this fixture NEEDS to be Derby day across the whole league!

15 hours ago, Komodo said:

This is an extremely poor decision.  Massive fixture in the league everyone looks forward to  ''Boxing Day''  its Derby day you play your local rivals.  It saves people travelling so far on Christmas and is by far the biggest attendance of the season.  Please reconsider this one and only decision the rest of the league can be random but this fixture NEEDS to be Derby day across the whole league!

I've been to many boxing Day Derby and saw ones on TV some of the fixtures get the same turn out as a lower end of the English Championship while the rest of the season its like National League North/South 

On 16/11/2020 at 18:53, Komodo said:

I don't think its an extremely poor decision. It would be nice to have, but definitely not something that is massively needed

On 18/11/2020 at 16:55, Stobart13 said:

I don't think its an extremely poor decision. It would be nice to have, but definitely not something that is massively needed

you clearly don't follow the NIFL.  ask any fan what the biggest fixture is.

37 minutes ago, Komodo said:

you clearly don't follow the NIFL.  ask any fan what the biggest fixture is.

I do follow the league and I understand its the biggest fixture, but its not a huge issue in regards to the game, thats what I meant

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2020 at 17:46, paulmctevez said:

Just checking if a fix was ever found for Glenavon kit issue? shorts should be white not blue

Hi there, this isn't an issue for here, you'd need to ask in the Northern Ireland thread in the database & research forum.

On 02/01/2021 at 15:36, birkelse said:

This looks a little wild, I think. That may be true, but it's a lot of money, compared to the other teams -

sponsor.JPG

Hello, this isn't something for us in this area of the forum.  If this is first year, then this will be for the database & research guys.  If this happens during regular gameplay in a future season then it would be for the gameplay guys in the All Other Gameplay forum.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 08/02/2021 at 16:13, ryzo_11 said:

Playing my 2nd season in the NI 3rd tier and I’ve yet to have a league game and it’s December. Is there any way to fix this?

@Dan Ormsby

Can you provide us a save game with this issue present and (ideally) a save game from before the issue occurred?  Cheers.

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support#text

• 3 weeks later...

I  just find out that i won SPFL trust  4 times in a row.  When is the game playes ?  I dont played these games, and is not on scheduel list  .  Here is  2 screens .

Fixtures.JPG

SPFL winners.JPG

On 04/03/2021 at 09:59, birkelse said:

I  just find out that i won SPFL trust  4 times in a row.  When is the game playes ?  I dont played these games, and is not on scheduel list  .  Here is  2 screens .

Fixtures.JPG

SPFL winners.JPG

Can you check your reserve team fixtures and see if they are being entered into this competition?  Also could you provide us with a save game?  Thanks.  https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support