[Scotland] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, DivS1867 said:

In the second season of an online save in the top flight of scotland and all the other clubs seem to have not registered there players properly for the new season.

This is about 4 games in to the new season. Not sure if this is a Scotland only issue. 

image.thumb.png.e17a94a4eff610b50fda4670ad2431da.png

We have made some changes to registration dates in Scotland for the full release, but I will look into this particular issue to check nothing is still awry.  Thanks.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawrence Shankland refuses to celebrate vs former club Rangers even though he's never played for them.

Marc McNulty does same with Hibs which fair enough he at least played for them but his profile has him down as a Hibs supporter when he grew up a Celtic fan. 

• SI Staff
19 minutes ago, tosberg said:

Lawrence Shankland refuses to celebrate vs former club Rangers even though he's never played for them.

Marc McNulty does same with Hibs which fair enough he at least played for them but his profile has him down as a Hibs supporter when he grew up a Celtic fan. 

Don't fully understand what you're raising here, but it isn't an issue for this area of the forums.  Probably something to bring up on the Scotland data issues thread in the database & research forum.

29 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Don't fully understand what you're raising here, but it isn't an issue for this area of the forums.  Probably something to bring up on the Scotland data issues thread in the database & research forum.

Ok, I'll ask in there. 

Does this belong in here? £0 for gate receipts in Scottish cup 1/4 final with 8,341 in attendance. Gates are split 50/50 after costs irl.

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 16.52.25.png

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, tosberg said:

Ok, I'll ask in there. 

Does this belong in here? £0 for gate receipts in Scottish cup 1/4 final with 8,341 in attendance. Gates are split 50/50 after costs irl.

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 16.52.25.png

This one sounds like a finances issue for the gameplay team.

I don't know is this an issue and is this right forum but anyway.

Scottish youth leagues consist only 25 teams. I think each Scottish clubs of Premiership, Championship, League One and League Two should be able to join one of 3 youth leagues but anything happened when I tested that by simulating about 15 years. 17 of 42 clubs didn't participate to any youth competitions and that applied also to clubs that promoted to League Two. Even teams in current youth leagues didn't move into another league but maybe the point of this is youth facilities etc?

Also, surely there are some kind of youth cups in real life.

1 hour ago, Henrip said:

I don't know is this an issue and is this right forum but anyway.

Scottish youth leagues consist only 25 teams. I think each Scottish clubs of Premiership, Championship, League One and League Two should be able to join one of 3 youth leagues but anything happened when I tested that by simulating about 15 years. 17 of 42 clubs didn't participate to any youth competitions and that applied also to clubs that promoted to League Two. Even teams in current youth leagues didn't move into another league but maybe the point of this is youth facilities etc?

Also, surely there are some kind of youth cups in real life.

I’ve been asking for the Scottish fa youth cup to be added for the last 3 seasons. Every other Uk nation has their fa youth cup in the game so is a bit disappointing we’re still left out. I’ve been adding it myself in the editor previously as it’s not that tricky to do but we shouldn’t have to do that. As for the leagues I’ve already brought up that there seems to be no way to alter the structure that the game starts with e.g. if you take a Ayr, Clyde or Brechin from the bottom to the top then you still end up playing the same youth teams you start with. Where as in reality the SFA would acknowledge you are needing moved into the elite league to be judged against better teams. Also theirs been a problem for years with teams coming up through the pyramid or are already in league 1 or 2 that are being asked to join the u18 league at the start of the season but don’t get included even if the accept. As far as I can work out looking in the editor it is because all the youth leagues in Scotland have a maximum number of teams limit so it wont include x amount of teams if it’s outside the limit so I think that needs changed so any team that wishes to add a u18 side in the following season the can do so. Would be good if these can be fixed in time for the full version coming out as it’s quite an important part of the Scottish game developing players to bring through or sell on. 

4 hours ago, Chris Hamilton said:

As far as I can work out looking in the editor it is because all the youth leagues in Scotland have a maximum number of teams limit so it wont include x amount of teams if it’s outside the limit so I think that needs changed so any team that wishes to add a u18 side in the following season the can do so.

Same problem with maximum number of teams in reserve leagues? First season there are 10 and 9 teams in reserve leagues and then always 18 and 20 without any changes.

It seems to be very stupid system. Better to play in other countries...

14 minutes ago, Henrip said:

Same problem with maximum number of teams in reserve leagues? First season there are 10 and 9 teams in reserve leagues and then always 18 and 20 without any changes.

It seems to be very stupid system. Better to play in other countries...

I know it puts me off doing a lower league save but hopefully it is fixed for the full version as it seems like a simple error! 

On 20/11/2020 at 12:03, Dan Ormsby said:

We have made some changes to registration dates in Scotland for the full release, but I will look into this particular issue to check nothing is still awry.  Thanks.

On this is there actually expected to be a mid season change of rules to bring squad registration in like this in real life? The Whole Brexit matter and how its effecting the Scottish leagues does not seem right. 

Work permits are handled by SFA - but post brexit we fall to the FA rules? I know this was discussed in real life but we also know the SFA supported by welsh and northern irish counter parts and the premier league strongly opposed. 

A squad registration that isnt there suddenly pops up, this again doesnt seem right and of the several SPFL votes this year, only 1 has passed even that in controversial circumstances. Are the clubs with the larger squads likely to agree to this - needs 11/12 SPFL top flight clubs to agree for example, which actually means both old firm clubs who have large squads have to agree. And to come in mid season seems very odd. 

Im glad you guys have found a fix for current issues, but as someone whos passionate about FM and the Scottish Game this just doesn't seem right. 

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, wardog said:

On this is there actually expected to be a mid season change of rules to bring squad registration in like this in real life? The Whole Brexit matter and how its effecting the Scottish leagues does not seem right. 

Work permits are handled by SFA - but post brexit we fall to the FA rules? I know this was discussed in real life but we also know the SFA supported by welsh and northern irish counter parts and the premier league strongly opposed. 

A squad registration that isnt there suddenly pops up, this again doesnt seem right and of the several SPFL votes this year, only 1 has passed even that in controversial circumstances. Are the clubs with the larger squads likely to agree to this - needs 11/12 SPFL top flight clubs to agree for example, which actually means both old firm clubs who have large squads have to agree. And to come in mid season seems very odd. 

Im glad you guys have found a fix for current issues, but as someone whos passionate about FM and the Scottish Game this just doesn't seem right. 

The information I have been given is that the new registration itself is by design and we have now made changes that there are not discrepancies between the registration being introduced and the registration window opening in Scotland.  I'm not actually responsible for the testing of how in a wider sense Brexit is handled in game, so I would suggest perhaps posting about this in the "Other league specific issues" forum so Freddie picks this up and can respond to any queries.  Thanks a lot.

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

A further to Brexit: 1st Jan 2021 whole squad becomes unregistered, registration window doesn't open until 3rd Jan, have to play game on 2nd Jan with generated players. Hopeless.

As I said in literally the post above this, we have made changes for the full release of the game that should fix this.  Thanks.

Scottish Championship, League 1 and League 2 have a shortened 27-game 2020/21 season IRL due to COVID, starting on 17th October, however as far as I'm aware, 2021/22 should be unaffected, however the rules for the leagues how that the 2nd season will also start on 17th October:

image.png.851d30b92fee70d1fa5bdfce38b216bb.png

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, DasMagicMullet said:

Scottish Championship, League 1 and League 2 have a shortened 27-game 2020/21 season IRL due to COVID, starting on 17th October, however as far as I'm aware, 2021/22 should be unaffected, however the rules for the leagues how that the 2nd season will also start on 17th October:

image.png.851d30b92fee70d1fa5bdfce38b216bb.png

It would appear this is a visual error as the league does revert back to a usual schedule the following season. This has been logged and is under review with out team

Just got sacked by Hearts in the first season for not winning a domestic cup. I got to the SF of the league cup and went out to Rangers in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup.

Was top of the league by 14 points at the time.

The Hearts board wanting to win a cup in the first season seems a little unrealistic.

• SI Staff
On 28/11/2020 at 10:03, Gizzy said:

Just got sacked by Hearts in the first season for not winning a domestic cup. I got to the SF of the league cup and went out to Rangers in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup.

Was top of the league by 14 points at the time.

The Hearts board wanting to win a cup in the first season seems a little unrealistic.

This is a gameplay issue, we only deal with rules and issues specific to competitions on this forum.  Please post here https://community.sigames.com/forum/828-all-other-gameplay/

Not sure whats going on here im in July 21 and im trying to buy players but its telling me that players cannot be registered until 1/1/22 but when you look at the registration page that the last day to register players for the league is 31/8/21. 

Am I completely missing something here?

Im still playing a my save from the beta is that makes any difference. So if this is an issue it may be fixed for the full release. 

Edited by jimbo22

Hi

I finished 2nd in Scottish League Two with Queens Park (season 2020 / 2021).
Throughout the season, I could name 9 subs and use up to 5 of them in 3 intervals.

However, when i was competing in the Scottish League One / Scottish League Two play offs I could name the 9 subs in the first leg of the playoff, but in the 2nd leg, i could only name 7 subs and use 3 of them.

This also happened in the final, first leg (9 subs / 5 used) second leg (7 subs / 3 used).

Hello there, in my 2nd season with Rangers and when making bids for players i am getting that they are not allowed to be registered until Jan 1st 2022. Do you know why this is the case as i have looked at the rules and i dont see anything that would stop him being registered?

image.thumb.png.eb0da4b44aab63e24a303080727c621d.png

On 30/11/2020 at 18:34, jimbo22 said:

Not sure whats going on here im in July 21 and im trying to buy players but its telling me that players cannot be registered until 1/1/22 but when you look at the registration page that the last day to register players for the league is 31/8/21. 

Am I completely missing something here?

Im still playing a my save from the beta is that makes any difference. So if this is an issue it may be fixed for the full release. 

i have just posted the exact same issue. I am a bit puzzled as some transfers are ok and some arent.

1 hour ago, MRAFTCT said:

i have just posted the exact same issue. I am a bit puzzled as some transfers are ok and some arent.

Whats stranger is that I bought one of the players that it said couldnt be registered until January and I could actually register him. Seems like a bug. 

Oh that's interesting, I'll need to try that as well. My game wasn't started in the BETA so it isn't the same issue. I'll sign him and see what happens...if he uses all my budget and then I cant register him it's your fault 😂

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Whats stranger is that I bought one of the players that it said couldnt be registered until January and I could actually register him. Seems like a bug. 

If you are able to register the player OK, it sounds like a bug for the transfers & contracts section of the gameplay team.  Looks like the contract panel is showing incorrect information for some reason, which may not be connected to the actual rules set, which sound correct if you are able to register the player.  Please post here https://community.sigames.com/forum/825-transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

• SI Staff
On 01/12/2020 at 15:35, Paolo said:

Hi

I finished 2nd in Scottish League Two with Queens Park (season 2020 / 2021).
Throughout the season, I could name 9 subs and use up to 5 of them in 3 intervals.

However, when i was competing in the Scottish League One / Scottish League Two play offs I could name the 9 subs in the first leg of the playoff, but in the 2nd leg, i could only name 7 subs and use 3 of them.

This also happened in the final, first leg (9 subs / 5 used) second leg (7 subs / 3 used).

Thanks, this sounds like it is a bug.  We will look into this.  

20 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

If you are able to register the player OK, it sounds like a bug for the transfers & contracts section of the gameplay team.  Looks like the contract panel is showing incorrect information for some reason, which may not be connected to the actual rules set, which sound correct if you are able to register the player.  Please post here https://community.sigames.com/forum/825-transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

I closed the game down then the hotfix updated and then when I played again the error wasn't there anymore. Maybe this has been fixed?

• SI Staff
29 minutes ago, MRAFTCT said:

I closed the game down then the hotfix updated and then when I played again the error wasn't there anymore. Maybe this has been fixed?

In that case, it may have been something the gameplay team has identified and fixed already.  Post about it over in the transfers & contracts forum if anyone else spots it again from a new game.  Cheers.

In summer window after 1st season any player i buy cannot play in league until 1st january when they have not played for more than 1 club in past year 

I have holidayed to start of league games and unable to play or register any players bought in the summer Screenshot_66.thumb.png.def3ba6943abc50d0f7d6342b389419f.pngScreenshot_67.thumb.png.3acd4cd5c7c0f02cd907b40f155ed35f.pngScreenshot_69.thumb.png.e6bc161c69b6bd615b014a65d7de2ddb.pngScreenshot_71.thumb.png.105d3343cd5068f28e9899252e02478f.pngScreenshot_72.thumb.png.fafbaa5ada4b2def4f89faa7876c521b.png

Edited by phoenix81
added ss

• SI Staff
20 minutes ago, phoenix81 said:

In summer window after 1st season any player i buy cannot play in league until 1st january when they have not played for more than 1 club in past year 

I have holidayed to start of league games and unable to play or register any players bought in the summer Screenshot_66.thumb.png.def3ba6943abc50d0f7d6342b389419f.pngScreenshot_67.thumb.png.3acd4cd5c7c0f02cd907b40f155ed35f.pngScreenshot_69.thumb.png.e6bc161c69b6bd615b014a65d7de2ddb.pngScreenshot_71.thumb.png.105d3343cd5068f28e9899252e02478f.pngScreenshot_72.thumb.png.fafbaa5ada4b2def4f89faa7876c521b.png

When was this save created?  The posts directly above this one report a similar (perhaps the same) issue which seems to have been occurring in the beta version, but is not happening in the full release builds of the game.  Thanks.

Just now, Dan Ormsby said:

When was this save created?  The posts directly above this one report a similar (perhaps the same) issue which seems to have been occurring in the beta version, but is not happening in the full release builds of the game.  Thanks.

It was created in Beta but never really started to play the game until full release but this was last night and evening before I had this issue loaded up game there the now and not getting the warnings that they unable to play for me until 1/122 like before so dont know if a patch was rolled out and I missed it or restarting my computer did somethingf? I also verified files etc last night before shutting down maybe thats done something but seems fine now will update when I know for sure

The teams required for Scottish cup is still on the old set up as it’s requiring teams from the west junior leagues which no longer exist. Pre COVID I’m sure all junior teams from across Scotland that gained a SFA membership and joined leagues like the west of Scotland premiership were to be involved in the early rounds of Scottish cup with the exception of this years cup as its to be watered down due to COVID however when you start your second season in the game these teams aren’t involved so you end up with the same teams in the preliminary and first rounds every year.

• SI Staff
On 05/12/2020 at 17:29, Chris Hamilton said:

The teams required for Scottish cup is still on the old set up as it’s requiring teams from the west junior leagues which no longer exist. Pre COVID I’m sure all junior teams from across Scotland that gained a SFA membership and joined leagues like the west of Scotland premiership were to be involved in the early rounds of Scottish cup with the exception of this years cup as its to be watered down due to COVID however when you start your second season in the game these teams aren’t involved so you end up with the same teams in the preliminary and first rounds every year.

Which teams should be entering the early rounds in future years in that case?

On 05/12/2020 at 21:23, Liam Murty said:

Yes, I made 7 (as pictured) in a league match

This is not something we have been able to reproduce internally. Is this something you've been able to consistently reproduce on the latest version of the game?

18 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Which teams should be entering the early rounds in future years in that case?

It looks like all the teams in the new west of Scotland prem are still working towards gaining their SFA  license which would put them into the early rounds in the future. I thought they had already gained them so that would be hard to say which ones to include next year at this stage. But the west of Scotland junior leagues no longer exist so there will be no team the game can pull out that league i’d imagine it should be uodated to the west of Scotland prem as the winner of that will qualify for the Scottish cup. 

Probably not a bug but something thats annoyed me for years, im playing as motherwell and my next games away to kilmarnock, we travel on the friday which might happen at a push with a team motherwells size to stay in a hotel the night before a game, but then it says travel on the sunday aswell! There is no chance they would be staying in kilmarnock on the sunday, its about 20mile away from motherwell

• SI Staff
13 hours ago, southside said:

Probably not a bug but something thats annoyed me for years, im playing as motherwell and my next games away to kilmarnock, we travel on the friday which might happen at a push with a team motherwells size to stay in a hotel the night before a game, but then it says travel on the sunday aswell! There is no chance they would be staying in kilmarnock on the sunday, its about 20mile away from motherwell

Sounds potentially like a minor issue, but it's not for this forum.  Please post in the All Other Gameplay forum.

Originally posted over in all other gameplay, as I wasn't sure if it was Scotland specific, but it's been ignored over there.

Anyone else able to shed some light on this? It might be Scotland specific, or at least have impact on Scotland/ other UK leagues. I've not tested it elsewhere.

On 24/11/2020 at 01:00, Dan Ormsby said:

As I said in literally the post above this, we have made changes for the full release of the game that should fix this.  Thanks.

@Dan Ormsby Playing with the full game, I have just got to 1/1 and all players were unregistered.  Playing a game on 3/1 all but 4 players appear to be registered but when I selected them, they were registered when submitting the team- so not working correctly yet.  I will attach my save from 1/1 before the game  FrazT- Gers2 v02 uploaded

518765185_FrazT-Gers2(v02).fm

• 2 weeks later...

Im mostly enjoying the game but there is a lot of smaller annoying things that ruin it a bit. Specific to scotland the tv scheduling is terrible, most weeks in real life celtic and rangers away games are usually live on the sunday or early saturday lunchtime. This isnt happening as much in the game, even worse is after the split in my first season there were no scheduled tv games at all, this is unthinkable and annoying to see as its such a simple thing to check. Same with the ridiculous teams travelling to nearby teams the night before the game then staying after the game and travelllng back the day after, how hard is this to notice as being wrong?

21 hours ago, southside said:

Im mostly enjoying the game but there is a lot of smaller annoying things that ruin it a bit. Specific to scotland the tv scheduling is terrible, most weeks in real life celtic and rangers away games are usually live on the sunday or early saturday lunchtime. This isnt happening as much in the game, even worse is after the split in my first season there were no scheduled tv games at all, this is unthinkable and annoying to see as its such a simple thing to check. Same with the ridiculous teams travelling to nearby teams the night before the game then staying after the game and travelllng back the day after, how hard is this to notice as being wrong?

I'm Hearts and played Livingston in the Betfred Cup in the first season and the day before and after the game was taken up with travelling. Its about 15 miles between the 2 grounds and even less from Hearts training ground 😂

1 hour ago, danielclouston1 said:

I'm Hearts and played Livingston in the Betfred Cup in the first season and the day before and after the game was taken up with travelling. Its about 15 miles between the 2 grounds and even less from Hearts training ground 😂

Its crazy and surely such an easy thing to avoid in the grand scheme of things

• SI Staff
On 25/12/2020 at 20:31, southside said:

Its crazy and surely such an easy thing to avoid in the grand scheme of things

The grand scheme of things is exactly why bugs such as this are sometimes missed.  As you can hopefully appreciate the FM world is massive.  This forum exists so issues like this can be raised.  Thanks for raising this issue.

• SI Staff
On 09/12/2020 at 13:25, Mallidon said:

Originally posted over in all other gameplay, as I wasn't sure if it was Scotland specific, but it's been ignored over there.

Anyone else able to shed some light on this? It might be Scotland specific, or at least have impact on Scotland/ other UK leagues. I've not tested it elsewhere.

From my understanding of the issue when this has come up in the past, the issue of nation eligibility in Britain for foreign players is a difficult one and I can only imagine with Brexit this will have become even more clouded.  I'll enquire what the intended outcome is in such a scenario.

• SI Staff
On 10/12/2020 at 01:55, FrazT said:

@Dan Ormsby Playing with the full game, I have just got to 1/1 and all players were unregistered.  Playing a game on 3/1 all but 4 players appear to be registered but when I selected them, they were registered when submitting the team- so not working correctly yet.  I will attach my save from 1/1 before the game  FrazT- Gers2 v02 uploaded

518765185_FrazT-Gers2(v02).fm 111.63 MB · 0 downloads

Is this still happening for you from a new game following the latest update?  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 14/01/2021 at 18:04, Jamboolia said:

As previously mentioned, there still seems to be a registration bug in the second season. Any player I try and sign has this warning. This was from a new save started yesterday.

unknown.pngunknown.png

The correct registration windows are showing on the rules page so I'd say this is likely to be a display issue with wherever that initial string is showing (is it the transfer offer screen?).  If you can actually sign the player and register him OK, then this is a bug for the Transfers & Contracts forum.