Jump to content

[U.S.A.] (Official) League Specific Issues


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Board expectations in the MLS are borked.

 

Context: Journeyman save, I'm NYCFC and France dual coach.

I joined NYCFC about 2/3rds through the 2037 season and the contract was initially "not judging" in all competitions. After an international break I'm suddenly being judged by my predecessor's initial supporter's shield performance goal and nothing else. Notably, not the MLS performance. I didn't get an e-mail and I didn't think to check until I was approached by the press for job pressures.

Other context:

1. I have a database that enables the tiers below the MLS.

2. I have a higher rep than NYCFC if it matters.

3. This isn't the first time it happened to me this season, I was initially with Chicago and they changed their expectations from mid table to top 4 randomly.

4. There was no e-mail indicating expectations changed.

borked.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
11 hours ago, Bdougs said:

Board expectations in the MLS are borked.

 

Context: Journeyman save, I'm NYCFC and France dual coach.

I joined NYCFC about 2/3rds through the 2037 season and the contract was initially "not judging" in all competitions. After an international break I'm suddenly being judged by my predecessor's initial supporter's shield performance goal and nothing else. Notably, not the MLS performance. I didn't get an e-mail and I didn't think to check until I was approached by the press for job pressures.

Other context:

1. I have a database that enables the tiers below the MLS.

2. I have a higher rep than NYCFC if it matters.

3. This isn't the first time it happened to me this season, I was initially with Chicago and they changed their expectations from mid table to top 4 randomly.

4. There was no e-mail indicating expectations changed.

borked.png

Could you please post this in the forum below as this is not something related to the league structure or league rules, thanks!

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/828-all-other-gameplay/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

For some reason the game won’t let me buy down the salary cap on most of my players on the roster. I have plenty of GAM available and the option to “Buy Down Salary Cap” is available, but for some reason the sliding bar is locked to the left as if I already used it or something. It even says the amount I can buy it down to which is half of their regular salary, but it won’t let me buy it down. Is this a bug??

Also, the season hasn’t started either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/05/2021 at 10:06, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thanks for bringing this up, if you upload your save file using the instructions below, we'll take a look into this. Thanks.

 

 

Will do. Thanks 👍

Edit: Made a thread in the Bugs forum under the "Transfers, Contracts etc" section. I uploaded the save game linked in the template you provided. The link to the thread as well.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/552811-cannot-buy-down-salary-cap/

 

Summary:  In MLS I am unable to buy down the salary cap of some of my players on my roster, but for others I can. I have plenty of GAM available and the season hasn't started either (haven't hit the registration deadline).

Description of Issue: I can only buy down the salary cap of some of my players but cannot do the same for others. The option to "Buy Down Salary Cap" appears on certain players, and once I click that and navigate to the sliding bar where you adjust how much you want to buy down, the bar is locked to the left and won't slide at all. The salary amount is shown below the bar (the max you can buy down) but it won't let me actually buy it down. The season hasn't started either and I have plenty of GAM to do so, so I'm wondering if it's a bug because I never encountered this before in this FM or previous ones.

Steps to Reproduce: Head to the Squad page, then registration and make sure Major League Soccer is selected, then sort the list by salary (with highest being at the top). Afterwards just work your way down the list of which you can buy down and which you cannot. I had to do a bit of Editor work to adjust the salaries of some of my backup players to get within the salary cap but there's others that I don't want to do that to. If it really is a bug then I rather bring it up and hope it gets fixed as opposed to using the editor because I feel like it takes away from any accomplishments in the game.

I uploaded the save to ownCloud.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
15 hours ago, Lurking Manager said:

Will do. Thanks 👍

Edit: Made a thread in the Bugs forum under the "Transfers, Contracts etc" section. I uploaded the save game linked in the template you provided. The link to the thread as well.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/552811-cannot-buy-down-salary-cap/

 

Summary:  In MLS I am unable to buy down the salary cap of some of my players on my roster, but for others I can. I have plenty of GAM available and the season hasn't started either (haven't hit the registration deadline).

Description of Issue: I can only buy down the salary cap of some of my players but cannot do the same for others. The option to "Buy Down Salary Cap" appears on certain players, and once I click that and navigate to the sliding bar where you adjust how much you want to buy down, the bar is locked to the left and won't slide at all. The salary amount is shown below the bar (the max you can buy down) but it won't let me actually buy it down. The season hasn't started either and I have plenty of GAM to do so, so I'm wondering if it's a bug because I never encountered this before in this FM or previous ones.

Steps to Reproduce: Head to the Squad page, then registration and make sure Major League Soccer is selected, then sort the list by salary (with highest being at the top). Afterwards just work your way down the list of which you can buy down and which you cannot. I had to do a bit of Editor work to adjust the salaries of some of my backup players to get within the salary cap but there's others that I don't want to do that to. If it really is a bug then I rather bring it up and hope it gets fixed as opposed to using the editor because I feel like it takes away from any accomplishments in the game.

I uploaded the save to ownCloud.

Thanks, I've closed down that thread and copied the information into here as it will be dealt with here. In addition to uploading the save file, could you please let us know what the save file is named so that we can locate it in our SI Cloud Server? Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thanks, I've closed down that thread and copied the information into here as it will be dealt with here. In addition to uploading the save file, could you please let us know what the save file is named so that we can locate it in our SI Cloud Server? Thanks! 

It’s just called “LAFC”. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff

Thanks, this is now with our team and under review. These sliders work correctly after the international transfer window is open in the middle of February, but we will look into why it is not possible to adjust this earlier. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thanks, this is now with our team and under review. These sliders work correctly after the international transfer window is open in the middle of February, but we will look into why it is not possible to adjust this earlier. 

This is an interesting point. Is the slider only available during the transfer window? Or at least, there appears to be some sort of conditional logic trigger that 'unlocks' them with the start of the transfer window in Feb. 

This appeared to be an issue that was also present in FM20 as well. My experience is that once you hit like year 10 in MLS, the sliders seem to stop unlocking. I haven't made it that far yet in FM21, so I can't report on how persistent this issue is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still seeing the same nonsense AI squad building and ridiculous waivering that every player who plays the MLS has been complaining about for years. I had huge hopes that the announced fixes would've fixed it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 of the 5 players Houston signed on a free in the transfer window leading up to the start of the MLS have been waived in my save. Columbus sign a winger for 1m and then waive him a week later. The league is literally unplayable still, why do you lot bother obtaining the licenses for a league that you care so little about?

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thanks, this is now with our team and under review. These sliders work correctly after the international transfer window is open in the middle of February, but we will look into why it is not possible to adjust this earlier. 

Sounds good man. I appreciate the feedback and help 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

So on my save Nashville have just signed a lad from the Championship in England for a transfer fee, and then waived him on the same day. 

 

- Improved transfer logic for MLS teams at game start
- Improved MLS teams salary cap management 

 

These sentences are copied and pasted from the Official 21.3 changelist. It is shambolic that this is still happening after many, many FM's.

 

image.thumb.png.129266047ebc0d7a232aa04e31e50855.png

image.thumb.png.e81b9b9301ee6bcbfdfd18bcd0a38af0.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
On 17/05/2021 at 22:12, KeegBCFC said:

3 of the 5 players Houston signed on a free in the transfer window leading up to the start of the MLS have been waived in my save. Columbus sign a winger for 1m and then waive him a week later. The league is literally unplayable still, why do you lot bother obtaining the licenses for a league that you care so little about?

We have attempted to reproduce this but have not managed to replicate this type of situation, could you please upload your save files just before the players are signed and just before they are waived using the instructions attached in the link below? Thank you very much.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mats Hummels has absolutely no connection to the MLS whatsoever. He is still at Dortmund in this save and has no future arrangement to join the MLS. Honestly what you guys have done with this league is disgraceful, the entire league is unplayable. 

 

image.thumb.png.7c05374264df647f4f56a10bb52cc0a8.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

On top of this, I have an MLS all star game on the same day as my team have a game, and whoever selects the squad has selected no full backs. Oh and now Nico Barella is also going to play in the game, the man who plays for Inter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just signed Cade Cowell in a trade, gone to register him and now all of my players are unregistered with no option to register them. It is just issue after issue with this league. Do you guys not test it in the slightest? And you had the cheek to say the problems had been addressed in the 21.3 update.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Can somebody help me, I click Draft to draft a player in the draft and literally nothing happens so I cannot continue the draft without pressing Pass/Finish, not drafting anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So what has happened is that I have traded with Minnesota for their 2nd overall pick, and the game has just decided to not register that trade even though on the draft screen it says I have the 2nd overall pick, not I cannot draft any players at all and have to completely pass up on my picks in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
20 hours ago, cedsered said:

The bug regarding players not getting their winners medals for winning MLS Cup still persists. Any news of a fix for this?

Thanks for raising this, do you have a new example of this? This currently is with our team and under review. Could you please upload it to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions below please? Additional examples are always useful. Thanks! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff

@KeegBCFC For each of the issues you have raised, could we please request a save file uploaded to the SI Cloud Server with steps to reproduce so that we can reproduce it internally? This would be greatly helpful in looking into these issues. Thank you very much.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thanks for raising this, do you have a new example of this? This currently is with our team and under review. Could you please upload it to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions below please? Additional examples are always useful. Thanks! 

 

Summary: Players don't get winner's medals MLS

Description of Issue: MLS players don't get any winners medals from winning the MLS Cup or the Supporters Shield. Has happened in every playthrough.

Steps to Reproduce: Sim or Play through a whole year. Check player milestones of players from team that wins MLS Cup and/or Supporter's shield.

You can check my this save as I have MLS Active during my whole playthrough even if I'm not managing in the league. Uploaded on ownCloud, game version is 12.4 but happens for all versions regardless. File name is Ced Seredrica - Brentford.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Live example a few seasons into the game that a player can be signed and waived on the same day. See image below that Rafael Ramos's contract starts on 03/16/23, game date is the same, and he has been placed on the waiver list.

I will say this specific bug is noticeably less common in FM21 than previously. Another thing that has changed drastically too is that teams appear to trade far less now. Very few MLS teams have made offers or express interest in my players - in FM20 and earlier, at least half my squad would be coveted every season by another team.

2079476061_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.67adc01b860c49ace22a2c65b7e0061e.png845191783_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.1fe7b96b4433b9c362b4ee13294a5865.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I made a team in pre-editor and it loads in just fine. I basically copied the setting from another team for the competition, etc. I can do the pre-season friendlies just fine, and when I check the MLS screen I’m listed as 17th. However, I’m not registered for any matches. At all. Season started and now I’ve got nothing at all, although I can still arrange friendlies. 
 

help??

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/07/2021 at 19:29, Raeri995 said:

I made a team in pre-editor and it loads in just fine. I basically copied the setting from another team for the competition, etc. I can do the pre-season friendlies just fine, and when I check the MLS screen I’m listed as 17th. However, I’m not registered for any matches. At all. Season started and now I’ve got nothing at all, although I can still arrange friendlies. 
 

help??

This is still an issue, and I’ve tried several different games and ways to set up, including just editing an existing game. I would really appreciate help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
On 14/07/2021 at 23:15, Raeri995 said:

This is still an issue, and I’ve tried several different games and ways to set up, including just editing an existing game. I would really appreciate help. 

This is something which should be posted in the Editor forum attached below as this seems to be an issue with the Editor rather than the league itself. 

 

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/830-pre-game-and-in-game-editor/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Summary: MLS Fixture List Bug, Western Conference teams playing Eastern Conference teams.

Description of Issue: In my save Western Conference teams are scheduled to play Eastern Conference teams, despite being in different league tables.  Nashville SC are also in the Western Conference which has 14 teams instead of 13.

image.thumb.png.0c96457e4213f75710424152ac254cfa.png

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloudAustin_FC_MLS_fixturelistissue.fm

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
10 hours ago, iain86 said:

Summary: MLS Fixture List Bug, Western Conference teams playing Eastern Conference teams.

Description of Issue: In my save Western Conference teams are scheduled to play Eastern Conference teams, despite being in different league tables.  Nashville SC are also in the Western Conference which has 14 teams instead of 13.

image.thumb.png.0c96457e4213f75710424152ac254cfa.png

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloudAustin_FC_MLS_fixturelistissue.fm

Thanks, this is the intended functionality of the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/04/2021 at 11:54, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thanks for bringing this up. Do you have a source that these contract clauses are often used with youth players? Cheers!

Just noticing this reply. But I haven’t seen any concrete rule statement about the contracts given but there are a pattern of Super draft and academy players spending at least 3 seasons with their original team before entering the waiver or re-entry draft. 
 

As of now, these players rarely are given any optional contract extensions in the game. Only a few players in the super draft receive these and I don’t think I’ve ever seen the AI give one to an academy player. Majority of players are given 1 year contracts which results in AI losing young players and the waiver draft being unrealistically bloated with talent. In real life, the waiver draft isn’t that active.

 

the waiver draft and are-entry draft states that players who had their option decline (and meet the age & service requirements) suggest that these young players more than likely have an option in there first MLS contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently playing through a MLS save right now and one thing that I noticed going on a lot during the season is that teams with a II|B team will tend to unregister and waiver list players who aren’t good enough for the first team (usually young players on the main roster) instead of moving them over to the B|II teams. 
 

This fix would also help squad building for AI. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
On 19/09/2021 at 01:27, Mars_Blackmon said:

Currently playing through a MLS save right now and one thing that I noticed going on a lot during the season is that teams with a II|B team will tend to unregister and waiver list players who aren’t good enough for the first team (usually young players on the main roster) instead of moving them over to the B|II teams. 
 

This fix would also help squad building for AI. 

Do you have a save just before an example of this occurring? If so, could you please provide it using the link below. Thanks!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Do you have a save just before an example of this occurring? If so, could you please provide it using the link below. Thanks!

 

 

Not at the moment but it’s happening in my save frequently so i can definitely upload a save when it happens again.

 

I also recently seen the AI waive a player that they just drafted with the 3rd overall pick. I’m currently in the month of May. So he was a player that the AI felt wasn’t good enough to register. Granted the team in question didn’t have a reserve team or any affiliations but overall I think that the AI should be more aggressive with loaning out their youth players. This could be a side effect of not having lower leagues loaded but since the game doesn’t come with them, this problem should probably be addressed regardless of having USL loaded or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 20/09/2021 at 05:18, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Do you have a save just before an example of this occurring? If so, could you please provide it using the link below. Thanks!

 

 

Save uploaded as Stephen Appiah.fm

 

Stephen Appiah is the latest example. Was signed by Real Salt Lake in December from their academy, then waived at registration. He should have been moved to Real Monarchs.

 

Edit- 

Another save uploaded as Jhory Celaya.fm

Celaya was just signed to the Philadelphia Union then was waived during the season a month later instead of being moved to the II team.

On 18/09/2021 at 20:27, Mars_Blackmon said:

Currently playing through a MLS save right now and one thing that I noticed going on a lot during the season is that teams with a II|B team will tend to unregister and waiver list players who aren’t good enough for the first team (usually young players on the main roster) instead of moving them over to the B|II teams. 
 

This fix would also help squad building for AI. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...