[Belgium] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Belgium competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Belgium should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• SI Staff
27 minutes ago, negatedspace said:

Not a huge issue to report.

However, under the Belgian Pro League A rules "Under-21 players are automatically eligible to play all matches." is listed twice

No worries, a bug is a bug! I have logged this internally now, thanks.

Although we don't know what season 2021-2022 will bring, I think the most realistic approach would be to have the team "Club Brugge NXT" cease to exist at the end of the 2020-21 season. Now they stay in the game but this way an extra team is given to "Club Brugge" for better youth development and an competitive advantage vs all other 1A clubs with no similar team. Also the "Pro League rules" stipulate that for 2021-2022 1B should consist out of 8 professional teams again (basically an extra promotion spot from 1e nationale to 1B). Also 1e nationale should be extended back to the normal 16 teams from 2021-22 season onwards. I made the same post on Data Specific thread as this might be an issue tackling both Data & Leagues.

I agree with what DJ Sir Matthew said.

Also, in season 2021-2022 the Pro League A will still operate as season 2020-2021 concerning play off systems, but there will be 3 teams that drop from Pro League A to Pro League B.

Starting from season 2022-2023 there will be 16 teams in Pro League A and the play-offs will go back to the systems that used to exist (2019-2020), with the top 6 teams competing for the title.

I'm not sure if this is correctly implemented into the rules?

I have played the Belgian first league now for 1 season. I've finished 1st in Belgian Pro League A European Places Playoff (playoff 2). Altough the league setup has changed since last year, i'm pretty sure that i should play the 4th place of the Champions Group (playoff 1). This fixture never happend and i did not get the European Ticket but Cercle who finished 3rd in playoff 2 got it? Can someone explain if this is a bug or is this meant to happen?
Note: Charleroi (who finished 4th in the Championship group) won the cup, this might change the way the European Ticket is given but i still don't get why Cercle got it. 

Thanks for answering.
Greetings

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel.PNG

13 hours ago, ConFM said:

I have played the Belgian first league now for 1 season. I've finished 1st in Belgian Pro League A European Places Playoff (playoff 2). Altough the league setup has changed since last year, i'm pretty sure that i should play the 4th place of the Champions Group (playoff 1). This fixture never happend and i did not get the European Ticket but Cercle who finished 3rd in playoff 2 got it? Can someone explain if this is a bug or is this meant to happen?
Note: Charleroi (who finished 4th in the Championship group) won the cup, this might change the way the European Ticket is given but i still don't get why Cercle got it. 

Thanks for answering.
Greetings

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel.PNG

Any chance the winner of the cup took your place? If not, could you upload a save game so we can take a look at this?

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.

->  Belgische pro League B -> Club NXT rules for players that are eligible to play for CLUB NXT is not fully correct.

- Players born after 31 december 1997 (under the age of 23) can play for Club NXT (Would mean that players like Diatta, De Ketelaere and Badji would be able to play for Club NXT).

- A player younger then 23 (born after 31 1997) that has played 5 games as a starter for Club Brugge in the first division is not eligible for selection for Club NXT.

- and/or if a player younger then 23 (born after 31 december 1997) plays 15 games for Club Brugge in the first division  with a minimum of 45 minutes played he is also not longer eligible for selection for Club Nxt.

- Players under 23 that have played for the first team are not available for the next (1game) match of Club NXT if they started the game or if they have played more then 45 minutes for the first team.

+ CLUB BRUGGE KV UNDER 21 schedules friendly games but because all players are in club NXT my u18 team needs to play these games. 

There should be no U21 team -> this team plays in second Belgian division this season (CLUB NXT). As stated above it's not clear what the future holds for that team, so I would follow the suggestion posted earlier. (Other possibility would be that more u21 teams of clubs in the highest division get to play in the second or third league in Belgium). 

- State how you think it should be working.

In short

- Add rules for eligibility of players for Club Nxt (U23 of age, no more then 5 starts in first division or 15 games of 45 in first division. Not able to be selected for next game of Club NXT if they have started for the first team or have played at least 45 minutes in the first team.

- Remove the u21 team (has been replaced by Club NXT in the second belgian division. (And add them back in after the first season).

- Club NXT can't promote to first division (2nd place will promote) Club NXT can't be demoted to third division (second last team will be relegated to third division).

- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Added pictures to my post. 

Knipsel.PNG

RulesForCLubNxt.PNG

U21SCHEDULE.PNG

UNDER18playedForU21.PNG

Edited by Djaanzie
Layout/readability

(not sure if this should go in league specific or elsewhere)

Ahead of my cup final, my message from the board mentioned that the season had ended. I'm not sure if this it the game getting confused about the regular season having ended, but not the play-offs or if this is just a standard message ahead of a cup final, with the game assuming the cup final takes place at the end of the season. Later on the message does mention our league position in a way that indicates that the season hasn't finished (which is true).

20201114163033_1.jpg

Edited by Nolopola

The games are not played with the right TV schedule.

Games must be organised like this:

Friday : 20h45

Saturday : 16h45, 18h30, 20h45

Sunday : 13h30, 16h, 18h15 , 20h45

Monday : 20h45

Eleven Sports did this so that there are not two matches being played at the same time.

(But when a game can't be played on friday for some reason, the game is postponed on saturday 18h30)

Edited by DylaanAG

Hi there.

I just finished my first season in the Belgian Jupiler Pro league, which I won, but I noted that there was no prize money for the championship.

I did get like 13K for finishing in the cup league , but there was no prize money whatsoever for the competition.

Assume this is a bug.. :) 

Bonjour,

Petit Problème concernant le championnat Belge,
Premiers année les Play off  1 sont à 4 (équipe) ce qui est normal, mais en deuxième année il reste à 4 hors que il devrais repassé à 6 comme dans les années précédente 
Merci à vous 

Je suis un grand fan du Championnat Belge, et quand on doit atteindre le top 4 en deuxième année avec Eupen c'est un peu fort compliqué du coup, hors que sa devrait être à 6 donc 2 place qui se libère  

VIVE FM21

The Manager of the Year award gets voted on at the end of the season (together with stuff like Manager of the Season) when it should be voted on at the end of the year (together with stuff like Golden Booth). It gets awarded correctly at the end of the year, but the voting is wrong. I reported this last year as well and was told it would be looked at, but it seems to still be broken.

Squad selection, for selecting the 18 players for match day it´s needed in the game to select 6 players that has a home grown status Belgium, but this not longer needed, you only need to select 8 players in squad registration of 25 in the beginning of the season. In the picture you can see an extract of the current belgian book of rules regarding squad selection and registration 

20201122_183939.jpg

Le 21/11/2020 à 21:07, DivineOne a dit :

Second season should have 3 relegations and 1 promotion, And then the third season should be back to normal with 16 teams.

https://sporza.be/nl/matches/voetbal/2020-07/mf-algemene-vergadering-pro-league-31-juli/

Exactly! In 2022/2023, it should be back with the old format.

2020/21: 18 clubs - the 18th is relegated - the 17th plays against the 2 in D1B

2021/22: 18 clubs - the 16th, 17th and 18th are relegated and only one club is promoted

2022/23: we go back to the format with 16 clubs. But in D1B there is no longer the final, the first of the general is promoted

Hi guys,

About: Newgens with second nationalities

How it should be better: There should be more newgens with a second nationality cause I barely saw in 5 different saves at the most clubs in Belgium, while mostly 30-40% in real life has a second nationality and it would also represent the population in Belgium.

Proof: As one proof you can see the difference between the current youth squads (not newgens) and their second nationality. 

I remember this was a problem last year but it was fixed than, but now it's again as in FM20 first, I hope this can be fixed again cause it make it a bit unrealistic in time.

Thanks for the great work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

In this french thread the user explain that players are on holidays at the end of the season until the 1st of july.

IRL he explain that they are on holidays until 15th june.

So in game he only has 3 preparation week.

Are you aware about this issue ? Do you need more information ?

• 3 weeks later...

I am pretty sure there was a decimal-point mistake? Otherwise I am going to work as a player-agent in Belgium, seems lucrative^^ This would explain why Belgium teams are spending so much money on transfers and salarys in the future:lol:

image.thumb.png.95152e0f64cc377d46d2475804bd2779.png

Looks like this in the editor: 

image.thumb.png.3ffdb0a00c7f8fdb9453dc50b2b46e06.png

Cheers

Daveincid

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed that lower league teams don't get added to the preliminary/1st round of the croky cup and instead it starts from the third round, with only a random handful of lower league teams being entered. 

For instance all provincial teams (Tier 6 divisions) should be entered into the 1st round of the cup.

2020–21 Belgian Cup - Wikipedia

Edited by iGoldenBen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Le 19/12/2020 à 17:56, Akasha a dit :

Hi, 

In this french thread the user explain that players are on holidays at the end of the season until the 1st of july.

IRL he explain that they are on holidays until 15th june.

So in game he only has 3 preparation week.

Are you aware about this issue ? Do you need more information ?

Hi, 

Do you have news about this issue ? The same french user says he always have the issue ?

It seems like the records for the Belgian Pro League A aren't working. I've got a player on 43 goals for the season (1st screenshot) and a player with 18 assists for the season (also 1st screenshot), both breaking the record. I broke the record for the assists multiple times with different players, but it never registered and I kept getting weird inbox items. There was a season were it registered, but after that non of the goal/assist records registered. I know there is still 1 game to go in the season, but it happened multiple times already and other records like my win streak already registered. Look at the 2nd screenshot to see that the records didn't register.

Schermopname (187).png

Schermopname (186).png

Schermopname (188).png

Edited by Verminator0112
Just got another weird inbox item about the records

• 1 month later...

Hi

I started a save with Thes Sport (1st Amateur Division).

When I got promoted to the 2nd division, my U18 & U21 team had no leagues anymore.

Currently in season 23-24 my U18 team is back in the U18 elite 2 league, but my U21 team still has no fixtures planned except for friendlies.

I'm also still entering the cup in the 5th round, where other Pro League 1 teams are only added from round 6.

Is there a way to fix this? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 11/04/2021 at 17:37, domingues23 said:

Hi

I started a save with Thes Sport (1st Amateur Division).

When I got promoted to the 2nd division, my U18 & U21 team had no leagues anymore.

Currently in season 23-24 my U18 team is back in the U18 elite 2 league, but my U21 team still has no fixtures planned except for friendlies.

I'm also still entering the cup in the 5th round, where other Pro League 1 teams are only added from round 6.

Is there a way to fix this? 

12 hours ago, wietje said:

I have the same issue, promoted to 2nd division.

My reserves and u18 team have no league games anymore.

Do you have a save file just before the team gets promoted to the 2nd division? If so, please upload it to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions below. We can then take a look into this. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an issue concerning the U19 and U21 national teams.

One of the things I like most about FM is the fact that you can train youngsters to become the stars of tomorrow. I managed to get Standard de Liége unto the level of Ajax regarding their youth, but then an issue arose...

At one point I was playing the best game I ever played, reaching the UEFA cup finals with eleven 19, 21 and 21 year old club grown players. All Belgian, all from my own youth academy.  I knocked the likes of Chelsea, Tottenham and Spartak Moscou out of the tournament and was ready to face Arsenal in the finals.

And then it happened.. at match day almost my ENTIRE team was called up for the Belgian U21, where most of them didn't even play!! I ended up having to play the finals of the EURO cup with players from my B-team and lost 4 to 0. Biggest disappointement ever. I worked so hard to get there and then, having it taking away like this is pretty sour.

Can something be done about this? In real life those players wouldn't have ever been called up to play useless friendlies with the U21 where they didn't even make an appearance. They would have been allowed to play the European cup finales.

Thank you :-)

• 4 months later...