• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
On 30/12/2020 at 14:28, steven_rietveld said:

Hi,

I don't know if this is reported. But in season 2025, the Euro-21 accepts only player older than 31 dec 2001. (23 years). Should that not be 31 dec 2004?

Qualificers seem ok

Euro -19 & Qualifiers seem oke too

Looked at other leagues in the world, seems oké too..

Only big here? 

This is intended, as the definition of Under-21 (for the purposes of the U21 Euros) allows for players up to 23 years old at the point of the finals tournament.

• SI Staff
On 31/12/2020 at 20:23, Joemurray98 said:

Both teams entered into 2nd round and playable against team drawn against so unsure why we both skipped 1st round. 

Hi, this is intended as from next season onwards the group winners of the Euro Cup and Euro Cup II will get byes into the Second Knockout Round of their respective competition.

Champions League

Preliminary rounds are still played at Victoria Stadium even teams from Gibraltar are not taking part to these rounds.

This year these rounds were played at Nyon, Switzerland. In 2019 preliminary round were played at Fadil Vokrri Stadium in Pristina even Lincoln Red Imps was one of four teams.

Edited by Bashar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I originally posted this in General And Swiss League Bugs but let's try here:

(Copied from my original thread)

'Why does Vaduz always start in 1st round even when Liechtenstein goes up the uefa rankings?'

'It's weird cause even if you get Liechtenstein up to 29th you'll start in 1st instead 2nd, 16nd or so should be 3rd qual round and 15th should be 3rd in Europa League 12th Play-off while 7th or so should be UEL Group stage

But no matter how high you get them you always start in 1st round and it shouldn't be like this!'

Also 55th team in the ranking gets only 1 team in Europa Conference League when it should be 2   

'51-55th have 3 teams .   1 UCL and 2 UECL'

1 hour ago, southside said:

Champions league scheduling is all over the place, theres usually early games but these games are meant to be russian clubs etc at home, numerous times ive seen western european teams playing early while russian teams kick off at 8

That used to be the case, nowadays every gameday 2 games kick off early and 6 late - not decided by geography.

1 hour ago, BuffaloPhil said:

That used to be the case, nowadays every gameday 2 games kick off early and 6 late - not decided by geography.

I knew there was a change but i thought they still tried to make it russian/ukranian games as 1 of the 2 if these teams are playing that day. 

• SI Staff
On 06/02/2021 at 14:20, southside said:

I knew there was a change but i thought they still tried to make it russian/ukranian games as 1 of the 2 if these teams are playing that day. 

Actually this is something I happened to ponder recently but couldn't find anything in official uefa documentation stating that this is the case. I'm pretty sure you're right and they skew towards Ukrainian/Russian/Kazakh/etc. clubs getting the earlier kickoff but have been unable to find a source on it.

im still getting the issue with only allowed 7 subs for an english team in the champions league, i started a new game a week ago thinking it may have been updated, does anyone know of a fix or if SI are doing anything about it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe I’m stupid but it seems that in my save Europa league knock out games are no longer a home and away game? It’s just one match. This issue seems to have appeared in my 2023 save that was started on the previous patch. I have added a picture. I checked the previous Europe league season and there this wasn’t the case. The champions league is still fine btw ! 

image.jpg

9 hours ago, DoubleR said:

Maybe I’m stupid but it seems that in my save Europa league knock out games are no longer a home and away game? It’s just one match. This issue seems to have appeared in my 2023 save that was started on the previous patch. I have added a picture. I checked the previous Europe league season and there this wasn’t the case. The champions league is still fine btw ! 

image.jpg

It's due to the world cup being in (I think) Qatar. So next season will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, probably someone has already reported, but 55th nation (now San Marino) ingame have 1 spot for new Conference League (Euro Cup II), while in real life they have still 2 like the nations above.

see uefa access list: https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0263-10c848fb43cc-49ac1262ab7c-1000/access_list_2021-22_final.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • SI Staff
On 04/06/2021 at 16:57, UNCHAINED13 said:

Europa Conference league prize money is far less than the announced one by UEFA...Can i change it via the editor or can u update it?

When this was implemented in game, there was little information available about it so we had to make our best estimations. Do you have a link to the new prize money being listed? 

It can be changed in the Pre Game Editor but it would require you to start a new save file.

8 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

When this was implemented in game, there was little information available about it so we had to make our best estimations. Do you have a link to the new prize money being listed? 

It can be changed in the Pre Game Editor but it would require you to start a new save file.

Only source I was able to find with a quick search, it says the money for UCL and UEL is also increased, but it doesn't say the qualifying round money or knockout money (except for final, which seems wrong)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The draws in game aren't correct, hope it can be fixed for next FM, you can find everything on the Uefa site

The Europa League playoff draw looks like this now: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/draws/2022/2001490/

Teams are split into 4 priorities (1-2-3-4), 1 are the cup winners entering in the playoff, 2 are the losers of UCL champions path 3rd qual round, 3 are winners of UEL 3rd qual champions path, 4th winners of UEL 3rd qual league path.

Oddly enough teams from the same country can play against each other (3rd qual they can't though).

This is how the 3rd rounds are drawn: 

• No teams were seeded for the third qualifying round of the champions path. An open draw was held to determine pairings, with the first team drawn playing the first leg at home.

• The clubs that qualified directly for the third qualifying round of the main path were seeded above the clubs eliminated from the second qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League league path.

• First team drawn is the home team

Clubs from the same association could not be drawn against each other. As decided by the UEFA Executive Committee, teams from Azerbaijan and Armenia could not be drawn against each other.

Now the rest of the comps seeing how they are not correct in-game (Note, these are just the draw rules!)

UCL 1st champions path:

• The teams were divided equally between seeded and unseeded clubs in accordance with the club coefficient rankings.
  • The UEFA administration formed four groups of eight teams with an equal number of seeded and unseeded teams (four each in every group) for the draw in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee. Clubs from the same association could not be drawn against each other.
  • For each group, two pots were prepared: one for the seeded teams and the other for the unseeded teams.
  • For each group, the balls containing the names of the seeded sides were placed in one bowl and the balls containing the unseeded teams were put into another bowl. One ball was taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where they were shuffled.
  • The same procedure was carried out with the remaining balls to complete all the pairings of the first group and then repeated to determine the pairings for the remaining groups. The first side drawn in each tie will be the home team of the first leg.

2nd Champions path:

• The teams in each draw were be divided equally between seeded and unseeded clubs in accordance with the club coefficient rankings. For the first qualifying round ties, the coefficient of the club with the higher coefficient of the two clubs involved in an undecided tie was used for the purposes of the draw.
  • The UEFA administration formed three groups for the champions path draw in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee: two groups that produce three ties each (Groups 1 and 2) and one with four ties (Group 3).
  • The balls containing the names of the seeded teams/pairings was placed in one bowl and the balls containing the unseeded teams/pairings were put into another bowl. One ball was taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where they were shuffled. The first team/pairing drawn will play the first leg at home.

2nd league path:

• The six teams in the draw, all entering in this round, were divided equally between seeded and unseeded clubs in accordance with the club coefficient rankings.
  • The balls containing the names of the seeded teams/pairings was in one bowl and the balls containing the unseeded teams/pairings were put into another bowl. One ball was taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where they were shuffled. The first team/pairing drawn will play the first leg at home.

Conference League:

First qual Main Path

In all, 66 teams feature in the first qualifying round. The UEFA administration formed groups and seeded clubs according to the UEFA club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season.

The clubs were divided into seven groups of eight teams (Groups 1 to 7), and one group of ten teams (Group 8), according to the above-mentioned UEFA club coefficient rankings.

Within each of the eight groups, the clubs were split into an equal number of seeded and unseeded sides (33 seeded teams and 33 unseeded teams in total).

Groups 1 to 7

• All the clubs in each of the first seven groups were randomly assigned a number: 1 to 4 for the seeded teams and 5 to 8 for the unseeded teams.
  • Two bowls were prepared, one for the seeded teams (four balls containing slips numbered 1 to 4) and the other for the unseeded teams (four balls containing slips numbered 5 to 8).
  • A ball was taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl, where they were shuffled. One of the two balls was drawn at random, then opened to display the number it contains. The second ball was drawn and opened to complete the pairing. The result applied to all seven groups.

Group 8

• All the clubs in the group were randomly assigned a number: 1 to 5 for the seeded teams and 6 to 10 for the unseeded teams.
  • Two bowls were prepared, one for the seeded teams (five balls containing slips of paper numbered 1 to 5) and the other for the unseeded teams (five balls containing slips of paper numbered 6 to 10).
  • A ball was taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl, where they were shuffled. One of the two balls was drawn at random, then opened to display the number it contains. The second ball was drawn and opened to complete the pairing. The first ball drawn designates the home team for the first leg.
  • The same procedure was carried out with the remaining balls to complete the pairings.

Second qual main path

• The clubs were split into two categories, seeded and unseeded, in accordance with the club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season. If any club in a first qualifying round match had a coefficient that would entitle it to be seeded for the second qualifying round draw, the winner of that match was automatically seeded for the draw.
  • The UEFA administration formed nine groups for the main path, each with an equal number of seeded and unseeded sides (five of each in every group).
  • All the clubs in each of the nine groups were randomly assigned a number: 1 to 5 for the seeded teams and 6 to 10 for the unseeded.
  • Two bowls were prepared, one for the seeded teams (five balls containing slips numbered 1 to 5) and the other for the unseeded (five balls containing slips numbered 6 to 10).
  • A ball was taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl, where they were shuffled. One of the two balls was drawn at random, then opened to display the number it contained. The second ball was drawn and opened to complete the pairing. The result applied to all nine groups.
  • For example, if the first ball drawn contained the number 2 and the second the number 8, the clubs that were assigned the numbers 2 and 8 in each of the nine groups would play one another. The first ball drawn, here containing the number 2, designated the home team for the first leg in all nine ties.
  • The same procedure was carried out with the remaining balls to complete the pairings.

Champions path 2nd

• The 15 clubs eliminated in the first qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League were seeded for the purposes of this draw. The other three were unseeded and divided equally between the three groups. 
  • The UEFA administration formed three groups for the champions path.
  • Two pots were prepared for the six sides in Group 1, one for the five seeded teams and the other for the unseeded team.
  • The balls containing the seeded teams were placed in a bowl marked 'Seeded' and the ball containing the unseeded one put in a bowl marked 'Unseeded'.
  • One ball was taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl, where they were shuffled. The first team drawn will play their first match at home against the second team drawn.
  • As there were no more unseeded sides, the four remaining Group 1 balls were thenF drawn one after another to complete the pairings (open draw). The first team drawn play the first match at home, against the second team drawn. Likewise, the third team drawn play their first match at home to the fourth team drawn.
  • The above procedure was then repeated to determine the pairings for Groups 2 and 3.

Main 3rd

• The nine teams entering at this stage were joined by the 45 second qualifying round winners.

• The clubs were divided into six groups of eight teams (Groups 1 to 6) and one group of six teams (Group 7). Within each group, the teams were split into an equal number of seeded and unseeded sides, in accordance with the club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season.

• As the second qualifying round matches are not played until 22 and 29 July, the coefficient of the club with the higher coefficient of the two clubs involved in an undecided tie was used for the purposes of the draw.

• For Groups 1 to 6, each of the teams was randomly assigned a number: 1 to 4 for the seeded teams and 5 to 8 for the unseeded teams. Two bowls were prepared, one for the seeded teams and the other for unseeded.

• One ball was taken from each bowl and placed into an empty bowl, where the two were shuffled. One was drawn first at random, and the second was picked out to complete the tie. The result applied to all six groups, and the same procedure was carried out with the remaining balls to complete the pairings.

• The procedure was then repeated for Group 7, where the clubs were randomly given a number from 1 to 3 for the seeded teams and 4 to 6 for the unseeded. In all seven groups, the first ball drawn designated the home team for the first leg.

• Teams from the same association could not be drawn against each other.

Champions 3rd

• As decided by the UEFA Executive Committee, clubs from Bosnia & Herzegovina and Kosovo could not be drawn against each other.

playoff main

The third qualifying round main path winners will be joined by teams eliminated in the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round main path (all games played on 5 and 12 August).

The clubs will be split into two pots, seeded and unseeded, in accordance with the club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season. As the third qualifying round ties are not played before the draw, the coefficient of the club with the higher coefficient of the two clubs involved in an undecided tie will be used for the purposes of the draw.

The 34 teams (four that enter the competition at this stage, twenty-seven that enter through the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa Conference League main path and three that enter through the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round main path) are divided into three groups of eight teams (group 1 to 3) and one group of ten teams (group 4) with each group divided into an equal number of seeded and unseeded teams. Teams from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

All the clubs in groups 1 to 3 are randomly assigned a number: 1-4 for the seeded teams and 5-8 for the unseeded teams. The balls containing the numbers of the seeded teams will be placed in one bowl and the balls containing the unseeded sides will be put into another bowl. A ball is taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl, where they are shuffled. The two balls are opened with the first number drawn designated as the home team for the first leg. The result applies to all three groups. The same procedure is carried out with the remaining balls to complete the pairings.

All the clubs in group 4 are randomly assigned a number: 1-5 for the seeded teams and 6-10 for the unseeded teams. The balls containing the numbers of the seeded teams will be placed in one bowl and the balls containing the unseeded sides will be put into another bowl. A ball is taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl, where they are shuffled. The first number drawn designates the home team for the first leg. The same procedure is carried out with the remaining balls to complete the pairings.

Champions playoff

Teams progressing from the third qualifying round champions path will join teams eliminated in the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round champions path (all games played on 5 and 12 August). The clubs eliminated in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League are seeded.

The balls containing the names of the seeded teams will be placed in one bowl and the balls containing the unseeded sides will be put into another bowl. One ball will be taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where they will be shuffled. The first team drawn will play at home in the first leg. The same procedure is carried out with the remaining balls to complete the pairings.

• 2 weeks later...

FFP issue in League 1

I understand the league 1 (England) FFP rules mean that a team can only spend 60% of turnover on player wages. My limit for spending is set at £46k per week, which is £2,392,000. My projected revenue for the season in the finance tab is £8.92M and last seasons turnover was £5,919,535. If we were using last years turnover I should be able to spend £68k a week.

I am in July (so the season hasn't started) will the FFP sort itself out or is this a bug? Surely it would use last years turnover or the anticipated turnover as the basis for calculation? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's once again a bug in the UCL qualification prize money, and I've seen this in previous years also. When a team is eliminated in the playoff round they should get a 5M€ "consolation prize", but again I'm getting just the 2.92M for getting into UEL group stage. That 2M difference is huge for a small club and quite a disappointment.

fm_ucl-money.thumb.png.a1f9875d83122fd361f84fca2ec993da.png

• 1 month later...

FM 21 - Fix the problem about Ukraine and Russia can draw in the same group of Uefa Euro 2020 and in the same group of Uefa Qualifying of World Cup Qatar 2022. The Uefa and Fifa regulations prohibits placing Ukraine and Russia in the same group. Please fix this problem for FM 22 too. Best Regards. 

4~2.jpg

Edited by IvanM801