[Europe] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff
On 13/11/2020 at 18:01, russ0 said:

Hi. I play 2nd and 3rd game with Leicester, and 4th game with Zorya. I think that the Zorya game has to be played before my game with Leicester away. and the last two in reverse..

St. Gallen - Away

Zorya - Home

Leicester - Away

Leicester - Home

Zorya - Away

St. Gallen - Home

I think that thgis should be the correct order

On 13/11/2020 at 22:54, samrussell92 said:

Three Europa League games back to back

On 14/11/2020 at 00:23, Asterionas13 said:

Hello. 

I saw a mistake at europa league matchdays.

A match day has splitted by 2. On 30 October  played teams from group A to F and teams from group G to L on 29th of November.

That's all.

11 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

This isnt a Scottish league issue, but the scheduling of one of my Europa League games is off. The Napoli game is on a  Sunday. 

Hi all, this is a known issue we have under review whereby one matchround of the Euro Cup is mistakenly putting half it's matches a month later. Thanks all for raising.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, Chris2509 said:

I'm in season 3, and the first two knockout stages of the Europa League are just a single game now.

In the first two seasons it was two matches, home and away.

This is intended to ease fixture congestion in the 2022/23 season due to the winter World Cup in 2022.

• SI Staff
On 14/11/2020 at 00:41, Oliver Roland said:

Two teams from the same country are facing each other nn Europa League preliminary round as described above (also from Czech republic). Would you like to upload the game from me?

Hi there, yes please if possible could you upload this save game to our cloud service. This will most likely be a knock-on of an issue we already have under review but I would like to double check internally. Thanks

• SI Staff
On 15/11/2020 at 02:02, DylaanAG said:

Europa League games aren't played at the right time. In the game it's played at 17h55 & 20h00, it must be played at 18h55 & 21h00 (UTC +1).
Same for the UCL

Hi there, this is intentional due to design limitation. Because we don't have timezones replicated in games all competitions effectively share the same timezone. As such, for continental competitions like in Europe only one timezone's listed match times are used - which for FM is England's due to historically having been implemented this way.

Uefa coefficient is counted incorrectly in the 1st season, due to there being 1 leg teams should get 1.5 per win and 1 per draw or in this case a penalty win. For europa league should be that throughout all the qualifying rounds while for ucl, 1Q til the 3rd qualifying round, playoff uses the normal 1 per win and 0.5 per draw as it's 2 legs this should only apply for the 1st season as that's when the matches are 1 leg.

The Euro 2020 Play offs have the right paths but wrong Semi Final matches

image.thumb.png.99d70dfddbe4afa84acdfd1183c9ca1e.png

Northern Ireland played Bosnia in the semi final, while Ireland played Slovakia. Not a huge issue but one I thought would be worth raising

I have seen quite a lot of mixup in quafliciations for euro competitions(champions league,europa league,euro cup 2) where clubs from same countrys go against each other here is one proof.In my third season im playing against Hajduk in third qualifying round,and i have seen this also in 1st or 2nd season with some teams from same country but didnt rembember it

HNK Rijeka_ Competitions.png

16 hours ago, Danijel1987 said:

I have seen quite a lot of mixup in quafliciations for euro competitions(champions league,europa league,euro cup 2) where clubs from same countrys go against each other here is one proof.In my third season im playing against Hajduk in third qualifying round,and i have seen this also in 1st or 2nd season with some teams from same country but didnt rembember it

HNK Rijeka_ Competitions.png

We're aware of this issue and working on it. Thanks for the report.

On 18/11/2020 at 20:33, Twitch.tv/doop said:

In the First knockout round of the European Champions Cup first season. It's states in the competition rules that we are allow to use 5 subs from 12 picked. However it only let me use 3 subs and pick 7.

Ran into the same issue as Doop, except for some reason I was able to use 4 subs (and I wasn't in extra time or anything):

Spoiler

fm_2020-11-21_16-26-52.thumb.png.5854a65f0005f51d2e94c02e929ad4f6.pngfm_2020-11-21_16-17-18.thumb.png.f9058788762d79e91cb23763e1610ae4.pngfm_2020-11-21_16-16-51.png.1a7c5419455386082ed65edb392bac1f.png

I've uploaded the save from just before this match to the cloud too: "Champions Cup 12 sub rule not applied.fm"

On 19/11/2020 at 19:36, Stobart13 said:

The Euro 2020 Play offs have the right paths but wrong Semi Final matches

image.thumb.png.99d70dfddbe4afa84acdfd1183c9ca1e.png

Northern Ireland played Bosnia in the semi final, while Ireland played Slovakia. Not a huge issue but one I thought would be worth raising

Confirmed, we also have reports about this in our national forum (Hungary played Bulgaria away and Iceland played Romania at home).

Also reported here by a player: 

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, dvfrick1786 said:

hi guys, im using milan...
i confuse when to register player for europa league tem selection....why  i cannot register 5 key player? hauge,zlatan,rebic.diaz,leao,
if one of them already "IN"
i cannot register the others

Could you please provide your save file by uploading it to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions attached below? Please also provide clear instructions on how to reproduce the issue you are facing. Thank you very much

Wasn't sure where to put this as there's no international thread, but this seems the most relevant.

But under the "Agreements" section, shouldn't there be "Common Travel Area" (CTA) of the national teams for:

England
Scotland
Northern Ireland
Republic of Ireland
Wales
Gibraltar

Freedom of movement and freedom to work in the countries between the UK and Ireland long predates the EU (goes back to 1922) and will remain even if the UK has the hardest of Brexits, I know this is implemented in the game that Ireland counts as non-foreign after Brexit and players should be able to play in the different UK and Irish leagues with any UK and Irish nationality without any permit or visa. But shouldn't it appear on the Agreements page of these nations now that Brexit means the EU and EEC membership no longer grants exactly the same thing?

See gov.uk website below
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/common-travel-area-guidance
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/common-travel-area-guidance/common-travel-area-guidance
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-ireland

19 minutes ago, Sutharam[FM_CHAMP] said:

In 2022 there is a world cup starting 20. nov, Why does the european countries play nations league in aug, sep and Okt. There is already trouble enough finding dates for club games. 

The 2022-23 Nations League is supposed to be played from June 2nd to September 27th (group stage) 2022, to facilitate for the WC, the playoffs will be played in June 2023.

On 01/12/2020 at 21:24, southside said:

In the game 1st/2nd and 3rd champions league qualifiers changed the home/away team according to seedings, this didnt happen in real life it was whoever was drawn first

Same happens in Europa league qualifiers, whoever comes out the hat first should be at home, the game is flipping it when the second team of the tie is drawn they are moved to be the home team

9 hours ago, Sutharam[FM_CHAMP] said:

Well i miss 2 players in my championship team cause of nations league in october. So its clearly a bug.

Haven't got this far in any save yet, are you sure it's NL, not just friendlies? And it's not necessarily a bug, if it's a regular international date those months. With the WC in december, the national teams need preparation for that tournament as well..

6 hours ago, Maaka said:

Haven't got this far in any save yet, are you sure it's NL, not just friendlies? And it's not necessarily a bug, if it's a regular international date those months. With the WC in december, the national teams need preparation for that tournament as well..

Yea it is Nations league. I have also 2 games after WC starts, but all other games moved.

FM 19 was also really bugged about the 2022 WC. I remember fm 20 was better. But in every save in fm 19 and FM 20 the 2022/23 season is a season u just have to overcome. Corona and the 22 WC is fcking the game up.

And if u play in PL and are in Euro league semi finals, u have to play one PL match just after 48 hours from an EL semi ( FM 19 and 20)

Edited by Sutharam[FM_CHAMP]

• 2 weeks later...

hello to all. I face quite an odd problem . i am in my second season in my everton save . i play in the europa league and despite the fact that i have been qualified for the knock out stage the drawn has taken place without my team. Furthemore in my team fixtures there is a date in which i will play in the knockout stage however my opponent is unknown and in addition this date has passed without having any game in that day. Does anyone have faced the same problem?

Having trouble with the amount of substitutes when playing champions league. In the away matches i can have 12 subs but in the home games i can only have 7. Think the problem might be because my team is English, and that they dont have the same rules as the rest of the europe, but that should'nt affect the europa cups.

• SI Staff
On 29/11/2020 at 17:47, llama3 said:

Europa League fixtures - I have played away twice in a row in the group stage (20/21) to open my fixtures. Teams away in matchday 1 are always reversed for matchday 2 and vice versa.

Thanks for spotting this, this appears to be the case for all European club competitions in game at the moment actually so I've logged the issue for all three internally.

• SI Staff
On 03/12/2020 at 00:22, southside said:

Same happens in Europa league qualifiers, whoever comes out the hat first should be at home, the game is flipping it when the second team of the tie is drawn they are moved to be the home team

Thanks for spotting this, this is now logged internally for review.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, preben_volle said:

Having trouble with the amount of substitutes when playing champions league. In the away matches i can have 12 subs but in the home games i can only have 7. Think the problem might be because my team is English, and that they dont have the same rules as the rest of the europe, but that should'nt affect the europa cups.

Hi, that sounds unusual and I wasn't able to reproduce this with an English team - could you upload a save just before a match where only 7 subs will be available to our cloud service please? Thanks

6 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, that sounds unusual and I wasn't able to reproduce this with an English team - could you upload a save just before a match where only 7 subs will be available to our cloud service please? Thanks

Hi! Tried to upload the save now, give a heads-up if it doesn't work or if you spot a problem. File name: Preben Volle - Liverpool.fm , thanks!

1 hour ago, jarradccfc said:

Champions league rules through the group stages your allowed 12 subs and in knock out stages in the first leg your allowed 12 subs but in the second leg your only allowed 7 subs. Is this a bug!

Might be because you have an english team? I have the same problem, but for me it's in all home-games with an english team. Think it's a bug they are trying to figure out.

• SI Staff
On 15/12/2020 at 13:58, preben_volle said:

Might be because you have an english team? I have the same problem, but for me it's in all home-games with an english team. Think it's a bug they are trying to figure out.

On 15/12/2020 at 14:37, jarradccfc said:

Yea i was Manchester city played atletico first round knockout and in the first leg we both had 12 subs but in the second leg we both had 7 subs and thats right through the tournament except the group stages. First leg its always 12 subs then second leg its 7 subs

Thanks both, I've got the issue reproducing internally now and have logged this for review.

I'm not sure if there's anything that U can do about this because I've already finished season 1 in my save and the rules for the competitions have changed. But I noticed for some rounds of th Champions League and Europa League I was only allowed to make 3 subs but in other rounds I could make 5. I'm not sure if this affects post-beta saves but I thought I dhould bring it up.

not sure if the right place to post but i have a serious fitness problem due to Europa league matches. every time after a european match my league game (Seria A) is scheduled on a Saturday. in real life teams that played on thuesday always play on Sunday or even Monday .... is this a bug? or an oversight? just me?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

unsure if already been solved or spoken about

in 2023/24 and won group stage in Europa league playing as Blackburn, arsenal also qualified as top of their group

Neither of us were entered into the first round knockouts, it’s as if we arent even in the competition, any ideas why? 

On 12/12/2020 at 23:16, papadakis said:

hello to all. I face quite an odd problem . i am in my second season in my everton save . i play in the europa league and despite the fact that i have been qualified for the knock out stage the drawn has taken place without my team. Furthemore in my team fixtures there is a date in which i will play in the knockout stage however my opponent is unknown and in addition this date has passed without having any game in that day. Does anyone have faced the same problem?

I also have this problem - unsure how to fix, or even if you xan

23 hours ago, Joemurray98 said:

Hi 

unsure if already been solved or spoken about

in 2023/24 and won group stage in Europa league playing as Blackburn, arsenal also qualified as top of their group

Neither of us were entered into the first round knockouts, it’s as if we arent even in the competition, any ideas why? 

Both teams entered into 2nd round and playable against team drawn against so unsure why we both skipped 1st round. 

Hi 1st season with FC Arsenal in 18/2/2021 on first leg vs Real Sociedad i was allowed to make 5 substitutions 12 players on bench during the match on the second leg in 25/02/2021 i only was allowed to make 3 and only 7 players on the bench.