[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

Managing Arsenal, I've just realised that I've played Manchester United at Old Trafford both times in the league, i.e. I haven't had a home fixture against them. It appears to have happened to a few other fixtures too, and at the end of the season there are four teams who have played either an extra home or away fixture (two have played 20 at home and 18 away, and two - including me - have played 18 at home and 20 away).

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Christmas matches in the Championship in the 2031/32 season seems a bit off.

image.png.fdc839e043799ce7b0d4b8e60a089443.png

I have 3 matches in 4 days. I have not gone anywhere in the EFL Cup, and no postponements that I can think of, so I can't see any reason for it. If it should be moved somewhere I assume some time between Jan 3rd and Jan 10th would be more suitable.

I should add this game was created on the 1487510 version, so it could have been fixed later on.

Hi, 

I’m halfway through a season, and I’ve noticed that a lot of fixtures are not reversing. For example, I’m having to play some teams away twice, and some teams at home twice. Is there a way that this can be fixed? 

thanks!

*note Arsenal, Birmingham & Blackburn*image.thumb.jpg.70d527035f6ce1859ebf69438352cd6d.jpg

Hi guys,
i don't know where to post my problem. I play with Newcastle, i won Carabao on my first season, i got 5th place, and i didnt got a place on europa league! When the season ended on the table i was among the EC places, but later on i was not, and i didn't got any message or something about that..fm21-newcastle5th-noec.thumb.jpg.c2f598d4a1e919ef08c3f808b3a84eb3.jpgfm21-newcastle5th-noec-nomatchesec.thumb.jpg.d72728dfac7eed3f1f8ae6b905667d75.jpgfm21-newcastle5th-ec.thumb.jpg.b192b7458e4181df77f36fe9d862dc8d.jpg

Hello, 

I am having the same issue as enterprise1 and violentquiche1. I am playing some teams twice at home and some teams twice away. In addition to this, some teams in the league are playing more 19 home/away games. This is the year of the 2022 world cup so the change in usual fixtures might have something to do with this?

image.thumb.png.75d72b3372b99eeae907d5f0f8061870.png

image.png.af28964ff3ea2b134e5a06fcb057c4f2.png

image.png.a3db916d8806c24a10fed798686ea9d3.png

Ive started my first EPL game in fm21 and noticed that apart from games moved due to europa league games there is no sunday or monday games? Am i missing something here?

the tv scheduling was all over the place for the spfl but i didnt know it reached to other leagues aswell

infact its only the 1st 3 weeks for some reason

Edited by southside
Mistake

First post on this forum so apologies in wrong place. 

a player has come up on my scouting meeting as playing for an Eastern Counties D1S team called Holland (national team) Obviously I know it’s not a playable league but I believe it’s meant to be FC Clacton by a little Google search at who plays at that ground. 

I only play full game so I’ve not loaded any leagues or face packs or anything like that so it’s not an external problem. 

hope this helps 

image.jpg

image.jpg

From what I understood of the Covid-related measures introduced, the first season would involve leagues starting in September and finishing later in May, before the schedules adapted back to what a standard schedule would look like from the second season onwards.

However, as the manager of Concord Rangers in the Vanarama South, I've been told my players are coming back on the 21st June 2021 for pre-season, which will last for 15 weeks before the season starts at the beginning of October.

1109331498_ScreenShot2020-12-26at19_54_12.thumb.png.7bf38b5f96b07f1980112fe60894726e.png

Presumably something isn't right here?

Thanks.

I've also got the Home/Away fixture bug occurring in my third season. Save was started in the Beta, it's especially bad as there are only 6 teams I'm actually playing Home and Away. Really hoping this can be fixed retrospectively as it has been a great save until now! File uploaded as 'Daniel Bird Arsenal 28.12.20'

On 26/12/2020 at 16:32, owaiin96 said:

First post on this forum so apologies in wrong place. 

a player has come up on my scouting meeting as playing for an Eastern Counties D1S team called Holland (national team) Obviously I know it’s not a playable league but I believe it’s meant to be FC Clacton by a little Google search at who plays at that ground. 

I only play full game so I’ve not loaded any leagues or face packs or anything like that so it’s not an external problem. 

hope this helps 

Holland FC is a team that does exist, and this is correct. They come from a town called Holland-on-Sea in Essex.

image.thumb.png.ff02738efe045bdbcc27b2a52bd2312b.png

Not sure if this is related to Carabao Cup, Nations League or Premier League scheduling, but in my first season with Spurs, 4th round of Carabao Cup clashes with Nations League fixtures and basically becomes unplayable with so many players leaving for international duty.

Hi

Last season I finished 20th in the Vanarama North.

ad3f3892f307eef955f4200953dac40d.png?width=1203&height=670

It says here that only the bottom 2 go down.

a57c15f6f036ad7572aa61f1110e908c.png

Yet for some reason now I'm in the division below???

18f0f8fc8f4d83d31120c531ef661394.png

Surely not a database problem as it's related to the Vanarama North/South.

Anyone have any ideas? Not admin as nothing notified me.

• SI Staff
On 05/01/2021 at 01:40, Marazola said:

Hi

Last season I finished 20th in the Vanarama North.

It says here that only the bottom 2 go down.

Yet for some reason now I'm in the division below???

Surely not a database problem as it's related to the Vanarama North/South.

Anyone have any ideas? Not admin as nothing notified me.

Hi, I suspect this is an issue with the xml file selection for distributing teams between the Vanarama North/South going awry. Could you upload your save game and the edit file(s) used to start that save game to our cloud service please? It might be a knock-on of the edit file but I would like to double check. Thanks

• SI Staff
On 01/01/2021 at 19:31, Noscho said:

Not sure if this is related to Carabao Cup, Nations League or Premier League scheduling, but in my first season with Spurs, 4th round of Carabao Cup clashes with Nations League fixtures and basically becomes unplayable with so many players leaving for international duty.

Hi, this is a known issue with the fixture congestion at the start of the first season. This is under review internally, though in your save it should be working correctly in future seasons.

• SI Staff
On 03/01/2021 at 13:16, violentquiche1 said:

Has there been any fixes in relation to playing teams twice at home or twice away? It only happened twice last season for me, but as the new fixture list released it’s happened a lot more. Quite annoying considering I’m in 2027/28. 

None yet for saves started before the original fix came in, but it is being investigated experimentally to see if a retroactive fix can be worked in (normally this wouldn't be possible for issues with competitions in existing saves).

10 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, I suspect this is an issue with the xml file selection for distributing teams between the Vanarama North/South going awry. Could you upload your save game and the edit file(s) used to start that save game to our cloud service please? It might be a knock-on of the edit file but I would like to double check. Thanks

Sure.

File name is Brian Bertie - Nantwich Town

On 25/12/2020 at 23:29, Lars2012 said:

Is it possible to make the draw group stage in the EFL Trophy random for game to game as it is in the League Cup ?

As it is now, the groups are the same every new game.

Freddie Sands - any response on this ?

Thx in advance :thup:

1 hour ago, Lars2012 said:

Freddie Sands - any response on this ?

Thx in advance :thup:

If the competition is licensed (can't remember off the top of my head) then it will use the real fixtures for the group stage by default. The groups being drawn currently match the real life ones. Maybe unticking the "use real fixtures" on game start could lead to them being randomised? Of course this would then randomise the other licensed fixture lists. 

Championship playoffs semi final first leg i was able to have 9 subs and use 5, as was the case with the rest of the reason but for the second leg, I'm only able to have 7 on the bench and use 3. I was able to have 5 from 9 for the final. Was the same in the other semi final. The league rules say it should be 5 from 9 for the playoffs. 

Edited by Edfoulds

On 08/01/2021 at 10:54, metal_guitarist said:

If the competition is licensed (can't remember off the top of my head) then it will use the real fixtures for the group stage by default. The groups being drawn currently match the real life ones. Maybe unticking the "use real fixtures" on game start could lead to them being randomised? Of course this would then randomise the other licensed fixture lists. 

Thank you for the response :thup:

But I have unticked "use real" fixtures from the start. So that's no the problem. It must be perhaps an error in the set-up for the comp. EFL-Trophy. Last year (FM2020) the draw for the group-stage was random form game to game.

Im having the same issue with Man Utd in my save. When I was Sunderland manager I played them at home twice. Now ive moved to Wolves and noticed im playing them twice at Old Trafford. Still havent beat them at home or away so its not game breaking :lol:

• SI Staff
On 07/01/2021 at 00:34, Marazola said:

Sure.

File name is Brian Bertie - Nantwich Town

Ta, afraid the problem is with the edit file - there are 6 teams being promoted from tier 7 with only 3 relegation spots from tier 6. Which means the problem is within the Pre-Game Editor for verifying this edit file in the first place. Would you be alright to upload the edit file too please?

• SI Staff
On 08/01/2021 at 17:41, Dronx said:

Is the fix to the duplicate home away fixtures beta save compatible?

The one in the most recent minor update will be, though it will require getting to the end of the existing season before taking effect for the next one.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, tremor said:

crazy fixture lists have come up in my save, 3 games in 4 days, 2025-26 season

Thanks for raising this, this is a known issue under review - the Championship specifically has this occur every few years in game when Boxing Day is on a Friday.

• SI Staff
On 16/01/2021 at 20:13, breum said:

http://prntscr.com/wwnj6y

http://prntscr.com/wwnns4

Lost in 3rd round of FA Trophy, board is happy I got past the 3rd qualifying round, which was the expectation for the FA Cup Proper, not the FA Trophy.  Screenshots linked.

Hi there, if you're still within that season would you be alright to upload that save game to our cloud service please? Thanks

what is going on with the 2021 u21 european championships? englands pre squad has 12 players for example. spain have named a full squad of which there are 0 right backs, 0 centre mids. loads of strikers, loads of dlc, loads of amrlc's. Germany has 17 players and squad the same as spain. Same re france, italy etc. No1 seems to answer this when its raised

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 07:36, Freddie Sands said:

Known Issues in England currently:

• Randomised fixture lists in the English Premier Division
  • Some National League teams start in wrong qualifying round of FA Cup
  • Cup tied players able to play in FA Cup
  • EFL Trophy suspension carries over into league matches

Liverpool player and staff didn't add up personnel milestone of Uefa super cup and club world championship which they won on 2019

Media Prediction of English Premier league still remain unchanged after 3 or 4 season (Example i managed Newcastle United have won the league 2 years in a row but media prediction still remain 12th place) 

Liverpool player and staff didn't add up personnel milestone of Uefa super cup and club world championship which they won on 2019

Media Prediction of English Premier league still remain unchanged after 3 or 4 season (Example i managed Newcastle United have won the league 2 years in a row but media prediction still remain 12th place)