[World] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for World competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Club and International)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for World should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, GladiaCranK said:

1) Africa nations cup 2023 (Ivory coast host country): missing Olympic Epimbé Stadium of Ivory Coast and other host stadiums

2) the host country is not in the group A like in real life for Asian Nations Cup, European Championship, and Africa Nations Cup

3) Missing African Nations championship 2020 (annulated in the game, directly, who go directly to the 2022 edition), in the real life the 2020 edition will be played in 2021

4) DR Congo already played a word cup in 1974 but in the game when we qualified for the world cup they said it's the first time the country qualified for the world cup

Will move this to the Africa thread, however regarding point 4 I believe that is because Zaire have a separate database entry to DR Congo - if they should be counted as the same team historically I think that would be a Research issue.

Here you can find several empty lines. This was different in the past and looks kind of unattractive. But it concerns even more international tournaments like the European Championship. And it occurs at several awards and not only at this one.

Sorry if this has been reported before. I think I have seen it somewhere, but I can't find it again. So I wanted to be sure.

20201120091314_1.thumb.jpg.a1b2bbd3b37ed9eee8481774f07512bd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 11/12/2020 at 00:09, OliverLUFC2000 said:

Qualified for the euro championship playoffs with Northern Island when I shouldn't have done.

To clarify on this situation, this is because the League D playoff path operates differently in European Championship qualification cycles in future in game.

As League D only has two groups, instead we bump the best overall team from League D into the final playoff path along with the best remaining overall teams in the Nations League who did not qualify for the finals tournament/playoffs already.

• 1 month later...

In the World Cup European Qualifying, the 10 Group Runner Ups and the best two Nations League group winners should qualify for the playoffs, however the two best overall ranked Nations League teams are qualify.

So in my save two teams that finished 4th in their NL League A Groups qualified for the playoffs rather than the two best ranked NL League C Group Winners (All the NL League A & B Winners had already either qualified for the World Cup outright or the playoffs already).

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(UEFA)#Second_round

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/regulatory-articles-for-eq-20-22-play-offs.pdf?cloudid=teq6xtba5j54gogrcemo

Edited by Smiteras