[Germany] Data Issues

21 minutes ago, Janvirus said:

I know that some informations always find a way to the outside, but thats at VfB Stuttgart not a regular thing...since thomas hitz is here a lot of things have changed and also transfers from mislintat  are really under disguse so a lot informations are quiet missing here. 

Look at FM21 Salary of Nicolas Gonzalez 997000k/ year  i mean this is just not right and still nobody knows exact salary but i think its like 4.000.000€/year

Also mangala salaray 234000/per year

so here is a big lack of infos and nobody knows exact value here...only mislintat players and hitz 

Nobody really knows the exact salary payments and they are usually only estimates. Contracts are published only in the rarest cases and then you just have to estimate or work with the rumors.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Bigpole said:

I believe there will be an appropriate topic on launch day when you will have all the info.

Remember that being and researcher is about watching your team/teams week in and week out. Having the knowledge about players/staff, about the finances of the club, the structure, the history. Being able to judge players according objectively and fairly in relation to the real squad strength. 

Nice! I would prefer You don't just hire everyone who wants to because of the lack of researchers. Most of the interested people are a big fan of ONE club. That's why they often tend to rate players better than they are. Finally we could have a comparison problem between the teams like we have it between leagues now (Bundesliga vs. Premier League). Good luck!

I wish SI implements a platform where everyone or selected large group of people can contribute, comment or make suggestions for all database in an organized way before you start working on database or even during the game, without any commitment. This would be quite helpful especially where the number of researchers are very limited like Germany as it is impossible to know every detail of each player, especially in lower leagues. As being assistant researcher sounds like serious commitment, a system working similar to this topic but in a organized and simpler way would make the research process much easier. Life is today so much simple with crowdsourcing.

Edited by elazulreal

Let's not debate and fantasize about what things are, and what things are not.

Some of it is not rocket science. And we have a database where hundreds (thousands) of people contribute to - so I do believe that is said platform :D
As Head Researcher it is also our task to weed out incorrect information. We can, for example, have an assistant giving 18-20 in attributes, it is our task to indicate it's too much but also understand that this may well be a strength to the player.

The job of the AR is not as complicated that they have to spend hours per day on the research - although that would of course be fine - but yes, we do expect good capabilities of judging the players, and update staff etc. 

Wages are a problem, of course - I'm also the Dutch researcher - and let me tell you it's kind of "not done" to talk about wages - you don't really just turn around, hey - I've got this job and this is what I earn. Although I suppose that's not just limited to Dutch people. But what I'm saying is, it's definitely very unclear what football players earn in Holland - and it's a process of many many years to find out more and more pieces of this information - we did get to the point where it's clear what averages are though - and don't expect the Premiership wages to be in the newspapers every week. 

I have alreaady noticed that some German clubs are very withholding on information - don't even tell you how long a player has signed for - and then others have lovely information about backroom staff available making life a little easier.

I just would like to know why so many german players and players playing in bundesliga have set on their career plans "does not want to play in Italy". I don't think this is fair and correct, especially without any evidence or proof. First of all that's a big limitation to the transfer market, second Serie A is no way lower reputated than Bundesliga and third i think it's wrong such a mass edit of this setting.  It could be set for one player, maybe a couple, but not entire teams, that's totally unrealistic

13 minutes ago, Diggy96 said:

I just would like to know why so many german players and players playing in bundesliga have set on their career plans "does not want to play in Italy". I don't think this is fair and correct, especially without any evidence or proof. First of all that's a big limitation to the transfer market, second Serie A is no way lower reputated than Bundesliga and third i think it's wrong such a mass edit of this setting.  It could be set for one player, maybe a couple, but not entire teams, that's totally unrealistic

Absolutely no idea. Perhaps this is something that stems from the past but we should look into this.

Could you list me maybe around 8-10 players where you noticed this? (via DM is also fine) - I see no particular valid reason for this to be honest.

15 minuti fa, Reddiablo ha scritto:

Absolutely no idea. Perhaps this is something that stems from the past but we should look into this.

Could you list me maybe around 8-10 players where you noticed this? (via DM is also fine) - I see no particular valid reason for this to be honest.

Players like Lewandowski, Alaba, Muller, Neuer, Hummels, Reus, Brandt, L Bender, S Bender, Schmelzer. Shultz, Goretzka etc. These are some examples, but there are plenty more which in my opinion you should check, especially in top teams like Bayern, Dortmund and so on

It often seemed to me that this was used by researchers to signify that a player wants to stay in his home league. Then adding to a player that he doesn't want to play in the other top leagues. 

Regarding research as a fresh AR (and far from an expert) I used the transfermarkt forum extensively to retrieve financial information of BVB and Hertha. They have very committed communities that engage deeply into all of the financial details. 

Regarding the workload I think it depends on the Club. For rerates I made myself a list of the squad players and wrote down general descriptions of their play style, a more detailed version of the roles in the game itself. Somewhat like the player descriptions for the wc/ec specials of spielverlagerung. Then I'd look at each player and also think of how to now edit the player so that his play style really comes through in the game and differentiates him from other players who play similar roles. And then I'd compare their CA to that of other players to make sure that they are not overrated or underrated. Here I made a few mistakes in hindsight but nothing too grave.

For example I lowered Nico Schulz to a 130ca. A very useful analytics tool introduced later made me see that this put him far too low in comparison to other left backs in the league. Seeing the players through the database gave me a feeling of both that CA does not matter but also that CA is very good as a ranking tool of players. 

This is of course the fun part. Finances then is a lot of reading and googling. Gladly there is one site who's name I've forgotten that had all the details of sponsorship. And transfermarkt plus general googling gives decent insight on the general financial situation. 

What was really bothersome is doing the staff. Many do not exist in the dB and have to be newly created. And also it is very difficult if not impossible to rate them accurately. Also not every role is reflected in the game. For example Nello di Martino or Sebastian Kehl for Dortmund. 

There was much more to be done but I had to move to a new place and helped a friend with moving, so that my more detailed look at contracts etc fell flat. Also playing the game now also helps in so many ways to judge your work on the DB that I definitely feel like I can improve quite a few things with the next periods of AR editing. 

It didn't feel like a full time job at all, but rather like a time-consuming hobby (so pretty much like FM itself.) I spend like 3-4 hours for a week or two on it, but that was also a lot of exploring and getting a grip on how the online database works. 

It is very satisfying though to see the results. Getting a player just right (of course many may always disagree and there's always room for improvement ) made me feel quite proud :lol: (Lukebakio, Cunha for example make me smile as they perform in game quite similar to how they do in reality for me) 

And also seeing all the little details seep into your your favorite clubs is very satisfying as well. 

Maybe this helps motivating people to apply for a role, as the German database could use a lot more researchers to get things just right. 

(and I hope I didn't break any ndas) 

Edited by Nikopol
11 minutes ago, jfkk said:

will maxence lacroix's profile be imroved or is it too early yet?

He has had a slight improvement which was not yet in the beta, but will be in the full game. So without understanding why he would need to be improved for you - the answer is - yes.

12 dakika önce, Reddiablo said:

He has had a slight improvement which was not yet in the beta, but will be in the full game. So without understanding why he would need to be improved for you - the answer is - yes.

He is first team player now and i think his basic defensive stats are low in the game..I can explain this in detail but unfortunately my english is not enough :) thank you

Edited by jfkk
35 minutes ago, jfkk said:

He is first team player now and i think his basic defensive stats are low in the game..I can explain this in detail but unfortunately my english is not enough :) thank you

This is an English speaking forum, but a little bit of Dutch, French or German is not a disaster. (Or other languages, but I don't speak those)

But having said that, the data is final and we can't adjust anything anymore. We will obviously consistently review players as they progress.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Monkey Man:

Hansa Rostock has a wrong Sport direktor

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.        

Fine. But this message didn´t say anything.
Who is it, who is wrong ?

A few notes on Players and their ratings. I haven't read the whole thread, so if its been pointed out already i apologize:

Max Kruse

He recentely broke the altime record for converted penalties. He has in fact never missed a penalty in 8 years. https://www.transfermarkt.com/max-kruse/elfmetertore/spieler/36182/plus/0?saison_id=ges&wettbewerb_id=L1

His composure in the game is 16 which i think is fitting, but his penalty rating is only 15. While that's quite good, I think it should be higher, given a conversion rate of 100 % in 8 years.

Ismail Jakobs

His CA seems quiet low. The attribute profile (he is very athletic but has work to do in technicals) seems right in general, but he's been very important to cologne, walked back right into the starting 11 after an injuriy layoff https://www.transfermarkt.com/ismail-jakobs/leistungsdaten/spieler/375137 has played for the u21 of germany and the game should reflect that. I think off the ball 10 and crossing 10 could be bumped (12?). Also his tackling and positioning at 9 seems quiet low as well.

Jan Thielmanm seems to have a higher CA despite being way less prominent in the first team and also being 3 years younger. https://www.transfermarkt.com/jan-thielmann/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/472249

Nothing against Thielmann, but Jakobs should be stronger when in comes to current ability.

Jorge Mere

Is quiet strong in the game, despite not really playing a role at cologne. (Slight nerfs on his technique (12), passing (12) and dribbling (11) , as well as his positioning (15) maybe? He played 600 minutes last season, and 0 this season despite having no injuries. Players like Toni Leistner (now at HSV) and Rafa Czichos are being picked instead of him, both seem to have a lower CA.

Jeffrey Bruma

He is way, way, way too strong. He starts as a regular Starter for Wolfsburg. But he hasn't been a regular in their first team since 2017. He has played 0 competitive minutes this season. He played sporadically at Mainz/Schalke when he was loaned out the last 2 seasons and is generally seen as someone who needs to leave the club. Generally his technicals seem high (Passing 13, Technique 12, Dribbling 11) and his pace as well (15 pace? Faster than Ridle Baku who has a pace of 13? I doubt it)

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jeffrey-bruma/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/88721

Ridle Baku

I think his CA could be a bit higher (he is faster than pace 13, decisions 9 seems harsh), he recentely debuted for Germany and I think in the game his CA is too low to get a call-up. But first and foremost his ability to play right back and right wing back should be at least 15-16.  He played most of his games in this position last season. And this season he is only playing wing back and also played their for germany.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ridle-baku/leistungsdaten/spieler/327251/plus/0?saison=2019

Nabil Bentaleb

He is insanely strong compared to his real life counterpart. He hasn't really featured for Newcastle last season and his seen as a disrupting presence at Schalke. I think his CA could be nerved, his mentals are too strong, his physicals as well. https://www.transfermarkt.com/nabil-bentaleb/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/245537.

The Schalke Squad is a bit too strong compared to their performances in the last 12 months in general.

Malik Thiaw

His CA is too low. He is featuring in the (admitettly very poor) First team and got his first senior goal. https://www.transfermarkt.com/malick-thiaw/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/521964 

He is putting up decent numbers too as well. His tackling for example is about as sucsesfull as that of Lars Bender or Elvedi, (https://www.ligainsider.de/bundesliga/ranking-top-10/zweikampfquote/)

In the game he is barely to able to play third divison. In reality Liverpool are sniffing around https://www.transfermarkt.com/schalke-youngster-thiaw-on-liverpool-rsquo-s-radar-set-to-follow-sane-amp-co-to-the-premier-league-/view/news/358297

So i think his tackling should be bumped to 14. Composure and Concentration to 9. Balance to 10. Teamwork and Work Rate to 11. Marking to 12.

Wataru Endo

Also seems a bit weak. He is being noted as one of the premier defensive Midfielders this season (https://www.ligainsider.de/bundesliga/index/zm/)

He didn't miss a single minute in this season. He is being noted for his many succsesful dribbles from the deep (https://www.ligainsider.de/bundesliga/ranking-top-10/erfolgreiche-dribblings/).

also for his ability to steal balls. https://www.ligainsider.de/bundesliga/ranking-top-10/balleroberungen/

He is also very good in the air, despite being quiet small. https://www.ligainsider.de/bundesliga/ranking-top-10/luftkampfquote/

(he is between bas dost and mike van der horn in won aerial duels)

https://www.kicker.de/bundesliga/topspieler.

The game seems to think he's about as good as atakan karazor who is more of a fringe player in reality (https://www.transfermarkt.com/atakan-karazor/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/232320)

Boost dribbling for endo to 12, Boost his jumping reach to 14 and heading to 13. Also his stamina to 15 and maybe add likes to run the ball through the center as ppm.

Edited by Robsontist

Is it safe to say that Youssoufa Moukoko will be included for Dortmund in the full release of FM21?

Became the youngest Bundesliga debutant ever last night replacing Erling Haaland. He should surely be included with a fairly decent current and potential ability if he is already in the first-team.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/moukoko-latest-member-of-dortmund-s-boy-band-haaland-sancho-reyna-bellingham-13632

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55002923

30 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Is it safe to say that Youssoufa Moukoko will be included for Dortmund in the full release of FM21?

Became the youngest Bundesliga debutant ever last night replacing Erling Haaland. He should surely be included with a fairly decent current and potential ability if he is already in the first-team.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/moukoko-latest-member-of-dortmund-s-boy-band-haaland-sancho-reyna-bellingham-13632

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55002923

Moukoko will not be in the full game. He is still 15 before September 1st 2020 and that means he cannot be included, and this means the full game release as well. This is due to UK legal reasons.

We don't like it either, but he will not be there.

2 minutes ago, Reddiablo said:

Moukoko will not be in the full game. He is still 15 before September 1st 2020 and that means he cannot be included, and this means the full game release as well. This is due to UK legal reasons.

We don't like it either, but he will not be there.

Really? That's disappointing. Why is September 1st significant?

Jamie Bynoe-Gittens is 15yo at the start of the game, but does turn 16yo in August. There's only a few months difference between him and Moukoko.

Just now, McClane29 said:

Really? That's disappointing. Why is September 1st significant?

Jamie Bynoe-Gittens is 15yo at the start of the game, but does turn 16yo in August. There's only a few months difference between him and Moukoko.

Because he is from August and not September or later. 31 August goes in. 1 September does not. I don't know the exact technical legal specifications. It's just the way it is unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, Nikopol said:

I think an editor file with Moukoko will be one of the first things to show up in the workshop on day one.

Of course, but I'm not fond of him being included via an editor file where SI have had no input. Would be missing from most people's saves and could easily be overpowered.

Ah well, FM22 it is then.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb McClane29:

Of course, but I'm not fond of him being included via an editor file where SI have had no input. Would be missing from most people's saves and could easily be overpowered.

Ah well, FM22 it is then.

Being Dortmunds AR i'll gladly upload a file of my own. ;)

Though it won't have the HR's input i'll do my best to make him reasonably good. Though i have to say i struggle to see how he's not one of those Mbappe-like talents that deserves a -10 PA. Haaland himself, after scoring 4 goals yesterday, called him the biggest talent in world football right now. And in a recent interview with one of germanys former youth coaches who trained him for a few years, he also stated that Moukoko may be the biggest german talent in a long, long while.

Edited by Nikopol
On 22/11/2020 at 12:41, Robsontist said:

Nabil Bentaleb

He is insanely strong compared to his real life counterpart. He hasn't really featured for Newcastle last season and his seen as a disrupting presence at Schalke. I think his CA could be nerved, his mentals are too strong, his physicals as well. https://www.transfermarkt.com/nabil-bentaleb/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/245537.

The Schalke Squad is a bit too strong compared to their performances in the last 12 months in general.

Malik Thiaw

His CA is too low. He is featuring in the (admitettly very poor) First team and got his first senior goal. https://www.transfermarkt.com/malick-thiaw/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/521964 

He is putting up decent numbers too as well. His tackling for example is about as sucsesfull as that of Lars Bender or Elvedi, (https://www.ligainsider.de/bundesliga/ranking-top-10/zweikampfquote/)

In the game he is barely to able to play third divison. In reality Liverpool are sniffing around https://www.transfermarkt.com/schalke-youngster-thiaw-on-liverpool-rsquo-s-radar-set-to-follow-sane-amp-co-to-the-premier-league-/view/news/358297

So i think his tackling should be bumped to 14. Composure and Concentration to 9. Balance to 10. Teamwork and Work Rate to 11. Marking to 12.

Fully agree. I started a save with Schalke and those where 2 (well 1.5)  of the 3 issues i had with the ratings.

Bentaleb's CA is quite high, but he still did quite bad in my save which led me dropping him on the bench mostly - pretty realistic. He also is a good player in real life if he hits it right, i think it's his mentality and psychology which is the problem. At least in my save this was the case as well.

Malik Thiaw: Fully agree, he didn't even get into the starting 11 of my second team. Needs a huge buff.

Third one i would add is Schöpf. Once again (has also been the case in recent FMs) he is the "best" Schalke player in FM21 and i don't understand why. He has never been a consistent starter, let alone a star player of the team (1427 league minutes last season, 1003 the year before). His stats are negligible (1 goal, 2 assists in the last two league seasons combined). His other stats are also not special. And yet he is judged to be Schalkes best player, has the best stats and performances and draws interest by much better teams like Everton and alike. Don't know which values are the problem, i just feel his stats are overall much too high. 

Schalke squad is definitely too strong overall, if you start a season the management board expects you to reach international places which is quite delusional compared to real life. 

On 22/11/2020 at 12:41, Robsontist said:

A few notes on Players and their ratings. I haven't read the whole thread, so if its been pointed out already i apologize:

Max Kruse

He recentely broke the altime record for converted penalties. He has in fact never missed a penalty in 8 years. https://www.transfermarkt.com/max-kruse/elfmetertore/spieler/36182/plus/0?saison_id=ges&wettbewerb_id=L1

His composure in the game is 16 which i think is fitting, but his penalty rating is only 15. While that's quite good, I think it should be higher, given a conversion rate of 100 % in 8 years.

Ismail Jakobs

His CA seems quiet low. The attribute profile (he is very athletic but has work to do in technicals) seems right in general, but he's been very important to cologne, walked back right into the starting 11 after an injuriy layoff https://www.transfermarkt.com/ismail-jakobs/leistungsdaten/spieler/375137 has played for the u21 of germany and the game should reflect that. I think off the ball 10 and crossing 10 could be bumped (12?). Also his tackling and positioning at 9 seems quiet low as well.

Jan Thielmanm seems to have a higher CA despite being way less prominent in the first team and also being 3 years younger. https://www.transfermarkt.com/jan-thielmann/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/472249

Nothing against Thielmann, but Jakobs should be stronger when in comes to current ability.

Jorge Mere

Is quiet strong in the game, despite not really playing a role at cologne. (Slight nerfs on his technique (12), passing (12) and dribbling (11) , as well as his positioning (15) maybe? He played 600 minutes last season, and 0 this season despite having no injuries. Players like Toni Leistner (now at HSV) and Rafa Czichos are being picked instead of him, both seem to have a lower CA.

Jeffrey Bruma

He is way, way, way too strong. He starts as a regular Starter for Wolfsburg. But he hasn't been a regular in their first team since 2017. He has played 0 competitive minutes this season. He played sporadically at Mainz/Schalke when he was loaned out the last 2 seasons and is generally seen as someone who needs to leave the club. Generally his technicals seem high (Passing 13, Technique 12, Dribbling 11) and his pace as well (15 pace? Faster than Ridle Baku who has a pace of 13? I doubt it)

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jeffrey-bruma/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/88721

Ridle Baku

I think his CA could be a bit higher (he is faster than pace 13, decisions 9 seems harsh), he recentely debuted for Germany and I think in the game his CA is too low to get a call-up. But first and foremost his ability to play right back and right wing back should be at least 15-16.  He played most of his games in this position last season. And this season he is only playing wing back and also played their for germany.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ridle-baku/leistungsdaten/spieler/327251/plus/0?saison=2019

Nabil Bentaleb

Malik Thiaw

Wataru Endo

Also seems a bit weak. He is being noted as one of the premier defensive Midfielders this season (https://www.ligainsider.de/bundesliga/index/zm/)

He didn't miss a single minute in this season. He is being noted for his many succsesful dribbles from the deep (https://www.ligainsider.de/bundesliga/ranking-top-10/erfolgreiche-dribblings/).

also for his ability to steal balls. https://www.ligainsider.de/bundesliga/ranking-top-10/balleroberungen/

He is also very good in the air, despite being quiet small. https://www.ligainsider.de/bundesliga/ranking-top-10/luftkampfquote/

(he is between bas dost and mike van der horn in won aerial duels)

https://www.kicker.de/bundesliga/topspieler.

The game seems to think he's about as good as atakan karazor who is more of a fringe player in reality (https://www.transfermarkt.com/atakan-karazor/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/232320)

Boost dribbling for endo to 12, Boost his jumping reach to 14 and heading to 13. Also his stamina to 15 and maybe add likes to run the ball through the center as ppm.

Thanks, we have already looked at these
Kruse - Penalties will be at 19
Jakobs - Has had a small increase
Mere - Had a slight drop pre beta, but we haven't dropped him further
Bruma - Has had a small decrease
Baku - Has had a good increase across the board for the game release. The rest is not so spectacular, but his increase is quite considable.
Bentaleb - Has a small drop, not spectacular but has been decreased a little
Thiaw - I guess you won't be happy with him, but he has received an increase as well but he's not too great just yet.
Endo - Has also had an increase already. Nothing spectacular, but definitely some changes

16 minutes ago, Celestiale said:

Fully agree. I started a save with Schalke and those where 2 (well 1.5)  of the 3 issues i had with the ratings.

Bentaleb's CA is quite high, but he still did quite bad in my save which led me dropping him on the bench mostly - pretty realistic. He also is a good player in real life if he hits it right, i think it's his mentality and psychology which is the problem. At least in my save this was the case as well.

Malik Thiaw: Fully agree, he didn't even get into the starting 11 of my second team. Needs a huge buff.

Third one i would add is Schöpf. Once again (has also been the case in recent FMs) he is the "best" Schalke player in FM21 and i don't understand why. He has never been a consistent starter, let alone a star player of the team (1427 league minutes last season, 1003 the year before). His stats are negligible (1 goal, 2 assists in the last two league seasons combined). His other stats are also not special. And yet he is judged to be Schalkes best player, has the best stats and performances and draws interest by much better teams like Everton and alike. Don't know which values are the problem, i just feel his stats are overall much too high. 

Schalke squad is definitely too strong overall, if you start a season the management board expects you to reach international places which is quite delusional compared to real life. 

Thiaw - I guess you won't be happy with him, but he has received an increase as well but he's not too great just yet.

Schöpf  - has also been dropped a bit. He is by no means the best Schalke player. I don't think he was... but he definitely isn't now. (He is tied 10/11th best player looking at the CA)

Schalke have been toned down a little bit, as have the expectations. It's incredibly difficult to set them as a relegation candidate - but they are definitely toned down

3 minutes ago, Reddiablo said:

Schöpf  - has also been dropped a bit. He is by no means the best Schalke player. I don't think he was... but he definitely isn't now. (He is tied 10/11th best player looking at the CA)

Schalke have been toned down a little bit, as have the expectations. It's incredibly difficult to set them as a relegation candidate - but they are definitely toned down

Thank you, that sounds reasonable. I think they shouldn't be a relegation candidate in FM21, because they definitely have not one of the worst 3 or 4 squads in the Bundesliga. Their current real life form has more/other reasons then just player ability. Toning them down to a midfield / lower midfield side in terms of player ability definitely sounds about right.