[Finland] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Finland here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Finland should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll need to research Ilves reserve team issue further as there is only Ilves/2 listed in the db and no reserve team set.

Hi all, 

I dont know if this is the right thread, but I have noticed that facilities in Finland seem to be underrated. HJK is a leading producer of footballers in Scandinavia, and within top 30 in Europe when measured through number of players in top tier, fact that can be confirmed here: https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2020/wp312/en/.

The same would go for SJK, a team that has invested bags of cash recently in developing their academy , but still has the same "basic facilities" and poor academy coaching. In real life, Finland has invested heavily in facilities, and both these teams in youth production. Their facilities remain  equivalent to FF Jaro and the likes in the obscurity of Finlands lower divisions.

It would be good to get these updated. 

Some info about AC Oulu

- Rafinha best position should be centre-back. He played there the whole season being one of the best players in the division. I think he played CB also last season in HJK.

- Alexander Jibrin have also played mostly CB last few seasons so that should be his best position. He has also played right-back occasionally, not so much CM.

- The game transfer lists Aapo Heikkilä and he doesn't get playing time. He was one of the best right wingers in the division this season scoring 9 goals. Maybe his attributes need a bit of a boost or other players in that position downgraded.

- Miika Koskela appears in U20 team. He played 17 games out 22 and should be first choice CB so maybe his attributes need to reflect that. His height is 195cm. https://www.transfermarkt.com/miika-koskela/profil/spieler/609402

- Samuli Leppälä played the whole season and the end of last season at CM. That's probably his best position nowadays.

- Teemu Tavikainen is assistant manager, not Lauri Siren. Siren's role is somewhat unknown as he hangs around the team but is not really a coach either. https://acoulu.fi/joukkue/2020/

- Future stadium plan. https://acoulu.fi/uutiset/otc-stadion-oy-hakee-suunnitteluvarausta-jalkapallostadionille-heinapaahan/

- OLS plays in the future under the name AC Oulu OLS and should be classified in the same manner as HJK/Klubi04, Ilves/Ilves2, SJK/SJK-Akatemia. https://acoulu.fi/uutiset/ac-oulu-ja-ols-solmivat-merkittavan-yhteistyosopimuksen/

Something Bizarre i just found.

Fc Haka player Medo is put on 14,75k wages per week. I cannot say that i know this for sure but that more on single player per week than most of the teams play for whole squad per week and haka is just promoted to finnish premier league or veikkausliiga as we call it. 

On 14/11/2020 at 21:13, Bashar said:

In my save KuPS used Kouvolan keskusurheilukenttä as their home stadium in Europa League group stage. In current state Kouvolan keskusurheilukenttä would never meet any UEFA criteria.

Hi @Bashar, do you have a save game available about this. Checked the data related to KuPS and Kouvolan keskusurheilukenttä, and it should not happen in any circumstances.

Aristote Mboma contract deleted and player set as NFE in the db.

Youth facilities boosted.

AC Oulu has been tweaked according the feedback. "AC Oulu OLS" has to wait as the name change won't happen until the next season. Any idea if it's still going to happen now that OLS got relegated from 2nd division? --> AC Oulu OLS added to the db.

Medo's salary has been reviewed and fixed.

Onni Valakari declared nation request added to the database as well as Ilves' stadion changes. Both will be amended in the next possible data update.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Edited by Vesse
Comments for the feedback below.
14 hours ago, Vesse said:

AC Oulu has been tweaked according the feedback. "AC Oulu OLS" has to wait as the name change won't happen until the next season. Any idea if it's still going to happen now that OLS got relegated from 2nd division?

It's still going to happen despite OLS getting relegated. A deal is in place until the end of 2023 season after which it'll be evaluated. AC Oulu takes control of OLS first team and U17 team (which obviously is not in the game) for the next three seasons and those teams play under the name AC Oulu/OLS. OLS as a club will now concentrate more in youth development for younger age groups.

Hey,

Also Ilves stadion situation is wrong. In game it says they are gonna move to Ratinan stadion in 1.6.2023. But in real life they start season 2021 in there. They have already played last game in Tammela and stadion will be teared apart. In game it says they are building expansion but in real life its completely new stadion in the same location. It should be ready in 2023.

http://www.veikkausliiga.com/uutiset/2019/07/25/tammelan-stadionhanke-etenee-myotatuulessa-uusi-stadion-valmis-vuonna-2023