Jump to content

[England Southern League – Levels 7 & 8] Data Issues


Recommended Posts

Please post any data issues related to England's Southern League (Levels 7 & 8) here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for England's Southern League (Levels 7 & 8) should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

Link to post
  • Ed Hewison changed the title to [England Southern League – Levels 7 & 8] Data Issues

Basingstoke in game start at The Camrose this is very wrong that ground has gone ready for housing.  They played last season and the start of this season at Winchester City's ground before moving to a new ground in Basingstoke which seems to be listed correctly.  It also lists the Basingstoke Under 18's as playing at The Camrose but they have been playing at Winklebury for a while.  

 

Michael Kightly isnt list at Rushall Olympic he should be there as he joined in the summer

Link to post

Massiah McDonald (Barwell) has 10 caps 0 goals for Montserrat: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/58778/Massiah_Mcdonald.html

Vidal Hendrickson (Coleshill) has 8 caps 0 goals for Saint Kitts and Nevis, debut 21/02/16 against Bermuda: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/62714/Vidal_Hendrickson.html

Edited by Timma
Link to post
5 hours ago, Timma said:

Massiah McDonald (Barwell) has 10 caps 0 goals for Montserrat: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/58778/Massiah_Mcdonald.html

Vidal Hendrickson (Coleshill) has 8 caps 0 goals for Saint Kitts and Nevis, debut 21/02/16 against Bermuda: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/62714/Vidal_Hendrickson.html

@Timma Thanks for these I will get them updated now

Link to post
On 17/11/2020 at 20:03, frooper said:

Jason Cowley - Striker for Bromsgrove Sporting is down as being 6ft1 in the game, he's some way off this at 5ft9 in real life.

Thanks for that he didn't have a height set so it was random thats now changed.

Link to post
21 hours ago, Brentford Alan said:

Zachary Birse (29150488) is now with Brightlingsea Regent

https://www.brightlingsearegentfc.com/news/zach-birsein-from-down-under-2571810.html

 

Michael Onovwigun (29114744) 'retired' on Twitter but has since deleted his tweets. He no longer plays for Lewes at any rate.

These should be put in the Isthmain League thread

Link to post

Have a look at Shaquille Leachman-Whittingham at Rushall Olympic

Not sure if it's my eyes, but he seems to have an extra space between the hyphen and 'Whittington' which looks odd to me. Match screenshot shows what I mean

 

image.png.83b4475272336c50bb1f17adeafe635d.png

Edited by displaced_seagull
Link to post
9 hours ago, displaced_seagull said:

Have a look at Shaquille Leachman-Whittingham at Rushall Olympic

Not sure if it's my eyes, but he seems to have an extra space between the hyphen and 'Whittington' which looks odd to me. Match screenshot shows what I mean

 

image.png.83b4475272336c50bb1f17adeafe635d.png

Brilliant spot thank you

Link to post

Tom Tonks now plays for Tamworth, listed in-game as playing for Stourbridge instead. Right-back Chris Cox missing from the Tamworth side, was Stratford Town's player of the year 2018/19 and went on trial in league 2  so should probably be included. Shaquille McDonald is also missing from the Tamworth side, my game currently has him at Redditch. He is also probably more natural on both wings than he is in-game too.

Evidence of squad here: https://www.tamworthfc.co.uk/1st-team-squad .
Bilal Yafai listed as an AMR/AML, should also have AMC as that's the position he's played the last two years. I would also remove MC as a position from Dan Creaney, as he doesn't play there and is listed in the team as a forward. Rowe-Turner's positions are probably listed the wrong-way round too, he's a natural DC first and a back-up DL.  

I'd add 'plays with back to goal' as a trait for Creaney, and add 'argues with officials' as a trait for Aaron Forde - evidence being several bookings for this offence last year, and a straight red this year after the final whistle for abusing a referee.

The ground is also sponsored and is the 'CR MOT Community Stadium at the Lamb' - http://www.thelambs.co.uk/content/ground-plan-49.htm 

Gary Smith has 10 caps, 2 goals for St Kitts and Nevis which isn't included in-game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Smith_(footballer,_born_1966)

Link to post
3 hours ago, Leveller said:

Tom Tonks now plays for Tamworth, listed in-game as playing for Stourbridge instead. Right-back Chris Cox missing from the Tamworth side, was Stratford Town's player of the year 2018/19 and went on trial in league 2  so should probably be included. Shaquille McDonald is also missing from the Tamworth side, my game currently has him at Redditch. He is also probably more natural on both wings than he is in-game too.

Evidence of squad here: https://www.tamworthfc.co.uk/1st-team-squad .
Bilal Yafai listed as an AMR/AML, should also have AMC as that's the position he's played the last two years. I would also remove MC as a position from Dan Creaney, as he doesn't play there and is listed in the team as a forward. Rowe-Turner's positions are probably listed the wrong-way round too, he's a natural DC first and a back-up DL.  

I'd add 'plays with back to goal' as a trait for Creaney, and add 'argues with officials' as a trait for Aaron Forde - evidence being several bookings for this offence last year, and a straight red this year after the final whistle for abusing a referee.

The ground is also sponsored and is the 'CR MOT Community Stadium at the Lamb' - http://www.thelambs.co.uk/content/ground-plan-49.htm 

Gary Smith has 10 caps, 2 goals for St Kitts and Nevis which isn't included in-game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Smith_(footballer,_born_1966)

Thank you @Leveller for the detailed information.  I have made the changes in the database now unfortunately they wont appear in the full release though.

My former Tamworth researcher went AWOL late into the research process hence the issues you have raised.  Are you a Tamworth fan? Would it be something you might be interested in undertaking?

Link to post

No worries - does that mean that (pending transfers etc.) the changes will appear in the March release with the Jan transfer updates? 

Yeah I'd love to be involved - TFC fan for some 20-odd years, get to most home games and the odd away game. Broke my heart when we dropped out the Conf North and so were no longer in FM; god bless modders for making the leagues accessible! Feel free to pm/email me with what the role involves :)

Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...