Jump to content

[England EFL League One] Data Issues


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

With FFP and salary caps, clearly there isn't scope for Charlton to go spending money like confetti. Remember, you have brought in plenty of players this summer (yes, Bonne left last minute). 

Sandgaard's ambitions are set for Prem in five years, and he's got plenty of resources set in his profile. of course, when the club loses loads of money in your savegame, the game has to consider that alongside FFP and the debt, which is why we need to know what debt the club actually should be listed as having.

I’m not saying we should have unlimited funds or way more money than anyone else. But in game the finances are at the moment put at insecure when that isn’t the case now. 
 

Here is an article where Steve Gallen mentions a substantial bid made for Ronnie Schwartz https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-dof-steve-gallen-on-failed-move-for-ronnie-schwartz-attempts-to-land-clarke-harris-and-arsenal-youngster/ this shows we had money to spend in league 1, not millions but definitely in the hundreds of thousands. I’m not complaining about the budget situation in league 1 as we bought lots of players, but after promotion to the championship there really should be a lot more backing than there is currently in game. There’s no salary cap in the championship and so spending within FFP is definitely what I’d expect to happen with Sandgaard but as I have said before I got no money and only a slight increase in wage budget which doesn’t seem realistic at all to what Sandgaard has been saying and done so far. 

As for the debt, I will try and find an article for it but as I understand it the only debt to Roland left is the deal to buy the stadium. Sandgaard negotiated this as a 15 year lease, I’m not sure on the figures as I doubt they are available but going off what Roland and Sandgaard have said I’d imagine the lease is for a 300-400k a year maybe with a deal to buy the stadium for 40-50m at a later date or around that ballpark. 

Link to post
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sandgaard is not investing money in game and is selling the club within the first few years in game, then something needs to change as that’s directly the opposite of his actions and stated intentions and ambitions so far 

Link to post

I made this forum but got told it should be in here

Portsmouth would never have anything red in goal nets or anywhere else except the home kit socks due to the rivalry between us and Southampton who's main colours are Red and White.  Normally the club would stick to Blue and White only as these the the main colours on the home kit.  Blue Shirts White Shorts Red Socks 

Link to post
57 minutes ago, Taurusmale67 said:

I made this forum but got told it should be in here

Portsmouth would never have anything red in goal nets or anywhere else except the home kit socks due to the rivalry between us and Southampton who's main colours are Red and White.  Normally the club would stick to Blue and White only as these the the main colours on the home kit.  Blue Shirts White Shorts Red Socks 

 

Last season's home shirt had red on it!

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/pompey-launch-201920-home-kit/

 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

Thats right, it did, I have one myself. However we are in season 2020/2021.

Your link is to the 2019/20 shirt. This is the 2020/21 shirt looks like this:

https://pompey.clubstore.co.uk/home-replica

The issue you reported is that the nets and Red and White, the SI Tester said the primary club colours and blue and red, this is correct. Its not a data issue. I will respnd on your original post

Link to post
6 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Thats right, it did, I have one myself. However we are in season 2020/2021.

Your link is to the 2019/20 shirt. This is the 2020/21 shirt looks like this:

https://pompey.clubstore.co.uk/home-replica

The issue you reported is that the nets and Red and White, the SI Tester said the primary club colours and blue and red, this is correct. Its not a data issue. I will respnd on your original post

just a light hearted poke at the 'never have red' statement :)

Link to post

Having watched Luke Jephcott in the last two Wales u21s games I think his Strength and Jumping could go up a little and his Pace come down. Did quite well against Germany's centre halves in the air for a relatively short player but couldn't get near them otherwise. Bullish, old school physical number 9 trying to back in and cause trouble, but lacks the technical quality to look like he'll push on up through the leagues in the future. PA range looks about right.

Link to post
18 minutes ago, swansongs said:

Having watched Luke Jephcott in the last two Wales u21s games I think his Strength and Jumping could go up a little and his Pace come down. Did quite well against Germany's centre halves in the air for a relatively short player but couldn't get near them otherwise. Bullish, old school physical number 9 trying to back in and cause trouble, but lacks the technical quality to look like he'll push on up through the leagues in the future. PA range looks about right.

I'm not sure on his jumping going higher personally. Feel like it'll develop into a 10/11 at his peak in game which I think would be about right for him. He's got a good spring unopposed but still don't think he's great in duels. Strength is something I've been monitoring and agree it probably could be 1 or 2 higher he's been getting a lot better at using his body and has bulked up a fair bit too.

Pace not sure, he's very good over long distances Luke just never really shows it often as a lot of his work is in small areas nowadays. 

He's a bit different in a 2 man strike force too compared to how he played for Wales (at least on Friday which I watched).

Link to post

We were very much 4-4-2 tonight, sitting in against constant Germany pressure. Jephcott partnered by Mark Harris rather than with Spence at AM. Couldn't get out from under their high press with no pace to get in behind, especially with our wingers tied to their fullbacks in our own penalty area.

Edited by swansongs
Link to post
1 hour ago, Tommieledger said:

£12m currently sat in the clubs accounts according to Thomas Sandgaard himself in a interview with talksport

according to this his ownership of the club appears in doubt:

https://talksport.com/football/efl/791240/charlton-athletic-thomas-sandgaard-dismisses-paul-elliott-claims/

Its all a bit tricky and not sure we'll have a final answer before the database gets locked. Perhaps one for the future Winter update if things become clear?

Link to post
55 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

according to this his ownership of the club appears in doubt:

https://talksport.com/football/efl/791240/charlton-athletic-thomas-sandgaard-dismisses-paul-elliott-claims/

Its all a bit tricky and not sure we'll have a final answer before the database gets locked. Perhaps one for the future Winter update if things become clear?

Ownership of the club is not in doubt - Paul Elliott ('PE') claims to now own "East Street Investments" ('ESI'), the company off which Thomas Sandgaard ('TS') bought Charlton in September. PE claims that his ownership of ESI is retroactively assigned to him as far back as May, as that's when he initially approached to buy the company (allegedly he wanted to asset strip Charlton, but that hasn't been confirmed). However, as the former directors of ESI have already sold Charlton to TS, PE has no legal basis for claiming ownership of the club. Legally he can seek damages as the income from that sale would be due to him and not to the previous directors , but that has nothing to do with TS or Charlton anymore. He cannot legally reverse the sale and ownership of the asset (The football club) will not transfer to him.

A really good article on the situation (and some notes on finance) was just posted on sky news - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11684/12135776/new-charlton-owner-thomas-sandgaard-in-range-rover-giveaway (i actually joined the forum to post this!)

I think TS is making the right noises and it seems as if he has the financial clout to push the club forwards, and this isn't really represented in the current database we have in the beta version. As you say things will probably be clearer in a couple of months and it may have to wait for the winter update, but as a Charlton fan I hope some tweaks to the financial situation more realistic (or at least, in line with how we understand the situation to be at the moment, can never tell with these bloody owners...)

Link to post
56 minutes ago, Huntyhuntt said:

Ownership of the club is not in doubt - Paul Elliott ('PE') claims to now own "East Street Investments" ('ESI'), the company off which Thomas Sandgaard ('TS') bought Charlton in September. PE claims that his ownership of ESI is retroactively assigned to him as far back as May, as that's when he initially approached to buy the company (allegedly he wanted to asset strip Charlton, but that hasn't been confirmed). However, as the former directors of ESI have already sold Charlton to TS, PE has no legal basis for claiming ownership of the club. Legally he can seek damages as the income from that sale would be due to him and not to the previous directors , but that has nothing to do with TS or Charlton anymore. He cannot legally reverse the sale and ownership of the asset (The football club) will not transfer to him.

A really good article on the situation (and some notes on finance) was just posted on sky news - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11684/12135776/new-charlton-owner-thomas-sandgaard-in-range-rover-giveaway (i actually joined the forum to post this!)

I think TS is making the right noises and it seems as if he has the financial clout to push the club forwards, and this isn't really represented in the current database we have in the beta version. As you say things will probably be clearer in a couple of months and it may have to wait for the winter update, but as a Charlton fan I hope some tweaks to the financial situation more realistic (or at least, in line with how we understand the situation to be at the moment, can never tell with these bloody owners...)

If you are quick, suggest something sensible supported by some evidence and maybe something toward a middle position of probability. I think in L1 at the moment the bigger clubs are now restricted by salary caps rather than buying power. For the last few seasons I've kept Pompey's starting transfer funds at 100k. Pompey are financially secure and I know they will spend if the right player is available but I tend to look at this retrospectively rather than having a larger number in the pot. I mention this to help give some balance to your thouhts.

Link to post
22 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

If you are quick, suggest something sensible supported by some evidence and maybe something toward a middle position of probability. I think in L1 at the moment the bigger clubs are now restricted by salary caps rather than buying power. For the last few seasons I've kept Pompey's starting transfer funds at 100k. Pompey are financially secure and I know they will spend if the right player is available but I tend to look at this retrospectively rather than having a larger number in the pot. I mention this to help give some balance to your thouhts.

I don't think any of us are expecting a large budget, particularly in league 1. But on promotion to the championship there is no doubt imo that Sandgaard will at least spend a few million so that we consolidate our position at that level. In game at the moment we start with not much in the bank and on promotion are handed a slight increase in wage budget and zero transfer budget with finances at insecure. Also Sandgaard appears to sell/look to sell the club early in game just showing how far from the truth they currently have the ownership situation. In real life he has promised (and so far delivered) investment and a long term plan so it would be nice to see this reflected in game that's all we are asking for is realism

 

Link to post

I'll make a couple of suggestions below, but I want to caveat it that I don't fully understand how everything intertwines in the back end and I don't want to create an unbalanced scenario - it should be tough to get out of League 1 and while Charlton should be financially stable, they're aren't in a position where they walk the league. And a transfer budget of £300,000 (which i believe it currently is) seems reasonable, the team has been bloated with 12 new players over summer, good players, so the user shouldn't have capacity to bring in loads more, but at the same time there is evidence that a 6 figure bid was put in for Boreham Wood Winger Sorba Thomas (https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-target-sorba-thomas-placed-on-transfer-list-by-boreham-wood/ - second line of the article) towards the window, confirming there was at least some money in the bank. And in fact, they were prepared to pay an even larger fee a couple of weeks earlier for FC Midtjylland’s Ronnie Schwarz (https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-dof-steve-gallen-on-failed-move-for-ronnie-schwartz-attempts-to-land-clarke-harris-and-arsenal-youngster/ - fourth paragraph)

I think the finances on the wage budget may be a bit off - Director of Football Steve Gallen ('SG') is on record suggesting we're approx £100,000 per year (~£4,000 per week) under the salary cap at the moment (https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-charlton-athletic-transfer-chief-outlines-budget-and-signing-plans-for-january-window/, 11th paragraph down.), however when I load up the game we're approx £15,000 per week under the salary cap. But on the flipside, the total wage budget is approx £90,000, which nets out at 4,680,000 per year. However in this article (https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/in-depth-with-steve-gallen-charltons-director-of-football-on-the-last-transfer-window-and-one-of-the-toughest-periods-he-has-had-in-the-game/ - paragraph 15) - SG suggests our yearly wage cost is approx £3,000,000 (obviously that is above salary cap levels, and would be a problem in season 2 in League 1, but at the moment any players who came down with us would have their salary cap contribution capped). I think that's causing some of the financial crippling that I've observed in game and i think a lot of it is to do with the wages for players not being scaled back appropriately between FM20 and FM21 to reflect the relegation.  I also think the wages we're paying on the loans could be a bit high (compared to real life), as SG suggests in those articles that we're paying less for Shinnie and Smyth than we were for Lapslie and Oztumer), and while it's not material Dylan Levitt's wage contribution can be max £1,300 as he was signed whilst we were under a total embargo (in game it's £1,500). Why wages are therefore a problem; in game I am unable to extend the contracts of any of my players, or sign up players on "pre-contract" signings, as we approach the end of the first season as I am crippled (approx 2 Million in the Red on the balance sheet), and only a couple of thousand left in the wage budget).

The balance sheet for the club should be improved also - TS is on record at the following link (https://talksport.com/football/efl/791240/charlton-athletic-thomas-sandgaard-dismisses-paul-elliott-claims/ - Paragraph 18) as stating he has already put £12 Million into the clubs bank account to cover running costs for the next 12 months, on top of which we will have received transfer / sell on's for Karlan Grant, Macauley Bonne and Dillon Phillips. I'd suggest that the starting balance should be a lot more in the green than it currently is (however, for the sake of balance, can you set it that the board won't approve a significant increase of transfer balance, as that could be unrealistic!). I also believe (and this is more of an opinion than can be backed up with solid quotes, but to support the opinion I'd recommend listening to TS's interview on the Club Youtube channel) that TS is in a financial position that he will cover any losses incurred to the club in the short term to ensure it doesn't dip into the Red (at least for a couple of years in League 1 - with Fans in stadiums I think we break even in the Championship). I don't know how TS is currently set up in game (as one other Charlton fan suggested a few posts ago, he's already sold the club in their save, and in my save there are constant news articles threatening a takeover), but as a fan it would be good to see the above reflected.

On the debt, I understand that the payments to Roland Duchatalet should be quarterly, and they are not "interest" on the debt, but "rent" on the training ground and Stadium. And the "debt" is ownership of the training ground and Stadium. Unsure if this can be reflected in game, but would be good if so.( https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-interview-with-new-charlton-owner-thomas-sandgaard-addicks-were-days-away-from-administration/ - Paragraph 9 onwards). Although, I fully understand most of this isn't in the public domain so not many quotes we can rely on.

Edited by Huntyhuntt
Link to post

On the salary cap issues, I haven't had a chance to play through a season yet, but I think the big clubs in League 1 are going to have a massive struggle come the end of this season so think trying to renew contrracts is going to be incredibly difficult due to how the new rulings work.

At Ipswich we have 15 or so senior players out at the end of this season, but realistically we are currently right up against the cap, and the majority of these players will be currently showing against the cap at a lower figure than they are actually earning with it being so restrictive. So I think any of the bigger clubs in this league - Pompey, Sunderland, Charlton, Hull, Ipswich and a couple of others are simply not going to be able to renew contracts of anyone over 21, and for those who don't go up they will have to have a massive overhaul in the summer, or their existing players will have to take big paycuts down to the £2-3k a week level.

Like I said though, not got there in game as yet, but how you describe what is happening is how I think things will go this season for Charlton (and the others mentioned)

Link to post

Running an unemployed Soak at july 2022 Ipswich are in L1 with just 5 players on weekly wages between £2.4k and £1k

I dont know if this is due to salary cap but their finances are secure. Im not sure how SI is catering for this in FM after a few seasons but Im sure we would be expecting the salary cap to rise / get removed on the basis fans will be allowed back into grounds from season 2021/22 and back to normal for 2022/2023. 

Perhaps someone from SI could confirm how this salary is modelled in future FM seasons but I suspect the so called bigger L1 clubs will really struggle to progress as much as you would have suspected pre salary cap / Covid

 

Link to post

I think the salary cap is either here to stay at the low level, or will be deemed as uncompetitive and kicked out - it may have come in on the back of Covid but isn't just a short term fix, it is long term pain for any bigger club at this level who doesn't go up this year, this season is massive for so many clubs, failure this season will see clubs need to rip it up and start again

Link to post
5 minutes ago, fairsy said:

I think the salary cap is either here to stay at the low level, or will be deemed as uncompetitive and kicked out - it may have come in on the back of Covid but isn't just a short term fix, it is long term pain for any bigger club at this level who doesn't go up this year, this season is massive for so many clubs, failure this season will see clubs need to rip it up and start again

Its 100% uncompetitive but given there are more "smaller" clubs than "big" clubs each time this goes to a L1 Chairman vote you can see whats going happen

I agree, promotion out of L1 this season is going to be critical

Link to post
7 hours ago, Huntyhuntt said:

I'll make a couple of suggestions below, but I want to caveat it that I don't fully understand how everything intertwines in the back end and I don't want to create an unbalanced scenario - it should be tough to get out of League 1 and while Charlton should be financially stable, they're aren't in a position where they walk the league. And a transfer budget of £300,000 (which i believe it currently is) seems reasonable, the team has been bloated with 12 new players over summer, good players, so the user shouldn't have capacity to bring in loads more, but at the same time there is evidence that a 6 figure bid was put in for Boreham Wood Winger Sorba Thomas (https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-target-sorba-thomas-placed-on-transfer-list-by-boreham-wood/ - second line of the article) towards the window, confirming there was at least some money in the bank. And in fact, they were prepared to pay an even larger fee a couple of weeks earlier for FC Midtjylland’s Ronnie Schwarz (https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-dof-steve-gallen-on-failed-move-for-ronnie-schwartz-attempts-to-land-clarke-harris-and-arsenal-youngster/ - fourth paragraph)

I think the finances on the wage budget may be a bit off - Director of Football Steve Gallen ('SG') is on record suggesting we're approx £100,000 per year (~£4,000 per week) under the salary cap at the moment (https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-charlton-athletic-transfer-chief-outlines-budget-and-signing-plans-for-january-window/, 11th paragraph down.), however when I load up the game we're approx £15,000 per week under the salary cap. But on the flipside, the total wage budget is approx £90,000, which nets out at 4,680,000 per year. However in this article (https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/in-depth-with-steve-gallen-charltons-director-of-football-on-the-last-transfer-window-and-one-of-the-toughest-periods-he-has-had-in-the-game/ - paragraph 15) - SG suggests our yearly wage cost is approx £3,000,000 (obviously that is above salary cap levels, and would be a problem in season 2 in League 1, but at the moment any players who came down with us would have their salary cap contribution capped). I think that's causing some of the financial crippling that I've observed in game and i think a lot of it is to do with the wages for players not being scaled back appropriately between FM20 and FM21 to reflect the relegation.  I also think the wages we're paying on the loans could be a bit high (compared to real life), as SG suggests in those articles that we're paying less for Shinnie and Smyth than we were for Lapslie and Oztumer), and while it's not material Dylan Levitt's wage contribution can be max £1,300 as he was signed whilst we were under a total embargo (in game it's £1,500). Why wages are therefore a problem; in game I am unable to extend the contracts of any of my players, or sign up players on "pre-contract" signings, as we approach the end of the first season as I am crippled (approx 2 Million in the Red on the balance sheet), and only a couple of thousand left in the wage budget).

The balance sheet for the club should be improved also - TS is on record at the following link (https://talksport.com/football/efl/791240/charlton-athletic-thomas-sandgaard-dismisses-paul-elliott-claims/ - Paragraph 18) as stating he has already put £12 Million into the clubs bank account to cover running costs for the next 12 months, on top of which we will have received transfer / sell on's for Karlan Grant, Macauley Bonne and Dillon Phillips. I'd suggest that the starting balance should be a lot more in the green than it currently is (however, for the sake of balance, can you set it that the board won't approve a significant increase of transfer balance, as that could be unrealistic!). I also believe (and this is more of an opinion than can be backed up with solid quotes, but to support the opinion I'd recommend listening to TS's interview on the Club Youtube channel) that TS is in a financial position that he will cover any losses incurred to the club in the short term to ensure it doesn't dip into the Red (at least for a couple of years in League 1 - with Fans in stadiums I think we break even in the Championship). I don't know how TS is currently set up in game (as one other Charlton fan suggested a few posts ago, he's already sold the club in their save, and in my save there are constant news articles threatening a takeover), but as a fan it would be good to see the above reflected.

On the debt, I understand that the payments to Roland Duchatalet should be quarterly, and they are not "interest" on the debt, but "rent" on the training ground and Stadium. And the "debt" is ownership of the training ground and Stadium. Unsure if this can be reflected in game, but would be good if so.( https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-interview-with-new-charlton-owner-thomas-sandgaard-addicks-were-days-away-from-administration/ - Paragraph 9 onwards). Although, I fully understand most of this isn't in the public domain so not many quotes we can rely on.

If he's put £12m to cover running costs, that is just that, to cover running costs, not to allow people playing Fm to have a £12m transfer budget.

This is a football management game, not a convoluted high finance capitalism sim. 

So, the figures we need to deal with are still missing, amongst a lot of words that don't really do anything to uncloud the issue.

What debts are there? Someone, somewhere is owed money by the entity that is Charlton Athletic. Not that's either Duchatelet, previous owners, Elliott or Sandgaard himself. Who is owed money, and how much?

Link to post

My Suggestion on this is for Charlton FM21 start, and I really dont want to tread on the Charlton AR's toes here. is:

 - 100k Transfer Funds  -  

 - Finances amended to Secure based on current view that £12m has been invested as running costs

The finances wont untangle / become clear until end of financial year. We'll get an indication of potential funds available when the window opens but we know the restrictors for all teams will be i) salary cap ii) potential future transfers and salary demanded iii) contract renewals iv) existing squad size 

This should also allow money available if FM Charlton get promoted

 

Link to post

Financial status in game (okay/secure/insecure) is based on money in vs money out rather than bank balance. A club that needs cash injections by an owner to break even would be merely "okay" by the game's interpretation, as I understand it. Secure would imply the club is sustainable.

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

If he's put £12m to cover running costs, that is just that, to cover running costs, not to allow people playing Fm to have a £12m transfer budget.

This is a football management game, not a convoluted high finance capitalism sim. 

So, the figures we need to deal with are still missing, amongst a lot of words that don't really do anything to uncloud the issue.

What debts are there? Someone, somewhere is owed money by the entity that is Charlton Athletic. Not that's either Duchatelet, previous owners, Elliott or Sandgaard himself. Who is owed money, and how much?

No one is asking for a £12m transfer budget, but surely that should be the amount of money in the club at the start of the game so that the running costs for the next couple of years are covered rather than crippling future transfer and wage budgets. 

There is still debt to ex-directors payable on promotion to the prem as although Sandgaard has hinted he will pay that off he hasn't announced that yet. Roland debt is cleared but he owns the stadium and training ground so will receive his money through that. We are renting it off him for probably £300-500k a year as the old agreement was £200k a year but sandgaard says he has increased the rent to get rid off the previously agreed £44m deal for the stadium and training ground. Might be simple to put the debt to roland as this £44m figure still even though I believe Sandgaard is hoping to negotiate that down especially with the current covid financial climate £44m for a league 1 clubs stadium is a bit ridiculous. 

I would recommend £12m should be in the club accounts as stated by sandgaard, transfer budget should be at least 100k probably a few hundred thousand to reflect the bids of that level we have made this summer. And upon promotion to the championship this spending should increase in line with what Sandgaard has stated he will be doing 

Link to post

Also see a previous comment on the salary caps. I find if you start the game from an early pre-season date it registers all of your players on the £1,700 average wage for the cap meaning that as Charlton you have about £15,000 spare which is obviously very unrealistic. If you start late pre-season then you have to register the new signings onto the squad registration screen so that adds their proper wage to the cap, this leaves Charlton with about 1.5/2k spare which is much more realistic so I think the salary cap when choosing the early pre-season start date needs some adjustment so that all your players aren't registered at the £1,700 level.

Also on the future of the salary cap, I think they are very much here to stay but I think the limits will be increased as we get out of the covid era. Like others I would like to know what the situation is in game with the salary cap and whether it stays the same throughout or increases as I would expect it too in real life

Link to post

Just to show how bad sandgaards finances are in game you can see here from my championship start of season budget wage budget of 110k, I've had it reduced to 92k mid-season and next season expected to get it down to 70k!!!!  I enjoy a challenge but this is not realistic at all to what would happen to charlton with sandgaard if we got promoted. This issue clearly needs to be fixed before release as Charlton are pretty much unplayable if you have to get your wage budget down to 70k in the championship when in reality there would be an increasing year on year wage budget with some transfer budget to go with it 

Budgets.PNG

Edited by DJ8
Link to post

Some random thoughts I had regarding Lincoln when I fired up my first save...

- The training ground is currently called 'Heath Lane' in game, but it's actual name is the 'Soper of Lincoln Elite Performance Centre'...on Heath Lane. Can you name training grounds?
- Jamie Soule gone back to West Brom as he needs an operation on a knee injury and is out 4-6 weeks so won't be back until new year when loan is over. Morton is out until same time with shoulder injury. Not sure about deadlines for injuries but here is confirmation anyway.
- Jorge Grant penalty taking stat could possibly be increased from 12...scored a lot of pens this season (7 I think, missed one but put in the rebound) and they had all been very good penalties.
- Sean Roughan only accomplished as a CB? Although he has been playing left-back he is a left-sided CB (has played there a couple of times) and this is where Appleton sees his future. Can't find the link to the article about that though, annoyingly. He was on stand-by for Ire U21s this last international window, at just 17...I hope his PA reflects this!
- Robbie Gotts not at least accomplished as CM? This will be down to Leeds researcher, of course, but although Gotts began life as a RB he has spent last few season in CM and made his Leeds debut there. From what little I've seen of him in CM for us (1 and a bit games) he seems very athletic and a box-to-box type. Brief article here discusses his move to CM in recent seasons.
- Montsma's best position WBR? Think this has been covered.
- Harry Anderson - positioning 6? I think this is a little low, especially with how well he has been performing at RB recently. Perhaps one to keep an eye on for future updates rather than now, but I'd argue he needs to be at least double digits.
- Club vision includes ‘want to build new stadium’ as part of 5yr plan but can’t see anything about current plans for development. No building to commence before Summer 2021 but plans have been approved for 1500 (just less actually) increase.
- Youth recruitment listed as ‘fairly basic’ but would argue its higher. Same with academy coaching. This article is just one of many things we've done recently to try and improve the youth recruitment side and this season alone I think we've signed 2/3 of the scholars to full time contracts already. Sean Roughan is an example of the fact we're not just looking locally as well.
- Staff member Richard O'Donnell is down as ‘loan manager’ but Lincoln's official site has him as 'First Team Development Coach'.
- Staff member Kieran Walker has FA Coaching Level 2, according to official site, but don't know what that would be as equivalent in game - lowest badge I think!

 

Sorry for the ramble. 

 

Cheers

Link to post
1 hour ago, Dean Gripton said:

If he's put £12m to cover running costs, that is just that, to cover running costs, not to allow people playing Fm to have a £12m transfer budget.

This is a football management game, not a convoluted high finance capitalism sim. 

So, the figures we need to deal with are still missing, amongst a lot of words that don't really do anything to uncloud the issue.

What debts are there? Someone, somewhere is owed money by the entity that is Charlton Athletic. Not that's either Duchatelet, previous owners, Elliott or Sandgaard himself. Who is owed money, and how much?

Apologies if the comment RE 12 million wasn't clear but that entire paragraph was referring to that being in the bank balance, not the Transfer balance. It'd be ridiculous for Charlton to have a 12 million transfer budget, there could be arguments made that they don't deserve any transfer budget as they've already brought in 12 players, but the finances should be in a better state. We won't have access to the financial statements until next year so we can only go off of what the owners are saying in the press. What we do know is that Sandgaard has put that amount in to cover running costs, to try and alleviate the financial burden on the club in these tough times.

I was asked to make a suggestion for Charlton's Finances by Mr Pompey - my first suggestion would be that the starting bank balance is increased to reflect the money Sandgaard has put in to cover running costs. (If setting it to 12 Mil unbalances the game, set it to less? But the current 2 Mil seems quite low.)

With regards to the debt; there are a number of ex director loans that are repayable once the club enters the Premier league. These are accurately reflected in FM. There is an inaccurate debt reflected in FM for 44 Million - this is the debt that ESI negotiated with Duchatalet for an obligation to buy the training ground in 5 years to the tune of 44 Million (which allowed them to purchase the club for 1 pound.. you'd think the EFL could stop something like that, but here we are). Sandgaard has removed this obligation of payment to Duchatalet, however the rental payments for the training ground and stadium are "higher than the 200,000 under ESI". Sandgaard is on record confirming that this debt is gone; https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-interview-with-new-charlton-owner-thomas-sandgaard-addicks-were-days-away-from-administration/ - Actual quote:

"But he has revealed that there is no longer any commitment to acquire both pieces of land off Duchatelet.

“ESI’s deal came with a £44m balloon payment which forced them to buy the whole thing within five years,” explained Sandgaard. “My deal means I pay much higher rent for the stadium and training ground – many times higher. But, in return for that, I got all these weird side deals eliminated."

My second suggestion would therefore be that this 44 mil debt is removed completely from FM21 and some sort of "rental payment" implemented to reflect that new agreement.

Removal of that debt will probably resolve a lot of the financial problems we're currently seeing with the club in the beta.

P.S. Thanks for all the great work you're all doing, I don't want any of this to come across as ungrateful for the game that's being put out! Just trying to help.

 

Edited by Huntyhuntt
Link to post
30 minutes ago, DJ8 said:

Just to show how bad sandgaards finances are in game you can see here from my championship start of season budget wage budget of 110k, I've had it reduced to 92k mid-season and next season expected to get it down to 70k!!!!  I enjoy a challenge but this is not realistic at all to what would happen to charlton with sandgaard if we got promoted. This issue clearly needs to be fixed before release as Charlton are pretty much unplayable if you have to get your wage budget down to 70k in the championship when in reality there would be an increasing year on year wage budget with some transfer budget to go with it 

Budgets.PNG

You are playing with data from about three weeks ago now. Sandgaard's finances have been updated since then, as a result of testing. 

Thanks for your efforts and the report a couple of posts up here.

Link to post
35 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

You are playing with data from about three weeks ago now. Sandgaard's finances have been updated since then, as a result of testing. 

Thanks for your efforts and the report a couple of posts up here.

Brilliant thanks I look forward to the full release. Any chance Johnnie Jackson could get an upgrade as an assistant manager to his stats? He has done a brilliant job in terrible circumstances alongside Bowyer and as a club legend it is sad when I have to terminate his contract at the start of a save because his stats in game aren't very good when I think he will be our future manager in real life so should maybe have slightly better stats

 

Link to post

Just reading through a few of these posts about how it won't be easy to renew contracts for players at League 1 and League 2 clubs. Would one of the solutions not to be to increase the willingness of players to accept contract renewals on reduced terms than that of their current deals? Can tendencies like that be tweaked, perhaps via agent tolerance and tendencies?

I appreciate that would not normally have been the likely scenario, but in the current economic climate there will be an awful lot of players in League 1 and League 2 who in reality will have to accept reduced wages or risk being unemployed. If they don't, many will be forced to join semi-pro clubs with PT contracts or even NC status.

Edited by Jogo Bonito
Link to post

Slightly different issue with CAFC than the finances

In game, Chris Gunter is listed as having a V.strong left foot and a fairly strong right foot, but I think those should be reversed as he has always played as a right back

I only raise the issue as it leads to him constantly cutting back onto his left foot to cross, and more often than not gets tackled while he's doing this, which is insanely frustrating.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, SpheredSquirrel said:

Slightly different issue with CAFC than the finances

In game, Chris Gunter is listed as having a V.strong left foot and a fairly strong right foot, but I think those should be reversed as he has always played as a right back

I only raise the issue as it leads to him constantly cutting back onto his left foot to cross, and more often than not gets tackled while he's doing this, which is insanely frustrating.

That's really weird. He's obviously right-footed and it's not like he's a new player.

Link to post
34 minutes ago, SpheredSquirrel said:

Slightly different issue with CAFC than the finances

In game, Chris Gunter is listed as having a V.strong left foot and a fairly strong right foot, but I think those should be reversed as he has always played as a right back

I only raise the issue as it leads to him constantly cutting back onto his left foot to cross, and more often than not gets tackled while he's doing this, which is insanely frustrating.

Have you tried using PI's to instruct him to go wide with the ball?

Link to post
4 minutes ago, silentwars said:

Have you tried using PI's to instruct him to go wide with the ball?

Yeah, that helped, but didn't really solve it. He drifts wide and then just dinks it behind him and tries to whip it in off his left.

The fact that 85% of my crosses get blocked anyway is another issue altogether...

Link to post
38 minutes ago, swansongs said:

That's really weird. He's obviously right-footed and it's not like he's a new player.

Yeah. I've been meaning to go back to FM19 and 17 and see if it's the same on those.

It's possible he does have a left foot preference, but unless SI can sort out the cutting back thing he does (which I've never noticed him doing in real life), it's more realistic for him to be right footed in game. Or have both feet as V.strong

Link to post
4 minutes ago, SpheredSquirrel said:

Yeah. I've been meaning to go back to FM19 and 17 and see if it's the same on those.

It's possible he does have a left foot preference, but unless SI can sort out the cutting back thing he does (which I've never noticed him doing in real life), it's more realistic for him to be right footed in game. Or have both feet as V.strong

No, he's definitely right-footed irl. Not a lot of highlight videos of Chris on youtube but it's mentioned here in an interview which is his favoured.

 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, swansongs said:

No, he's definitely right-footed irl. Not a lot of highlight videos of Chris on youtube but it's mentioned here in an interview which is his favoured.

 

Good find that! I was looking for an article which talked about which foot he preferred for ages. That'll be a lifesaver in the release database when I inevitably restart

Link to post

Having watched him play many times over many years at Reading, I agree on Gunter. He is definitely right-footed, although has a reasonable left foot too. Any dead ball situations (defensive positions) would be taken with his right foot, and even when deployed as left back or left wing back at times, he would use his right much more than his left. He wouldn't avoid a cross, pass or clearance with his left, but would not purposely cut back on to it if he could use his right to cross.

Edited by Jogo Bonito
Link to post
On 19/11/2020 at 17:30, ScottT87 said:

Some random thoughts I had regarding Lincoln when I fired up my first save...

- The training ground is currently called 'Heath Lane' in game, but it's actual name is the 'Soper of Lincoln Elite Performance Centre'...on Heath Lane. Can you name training grounds?
- Jamie Soule gone back to West Brom as he needs an operation on a knee injury and is out 4-6 weeks so won't be back until new year when loan is over. Morton is out until same time with shoulder injury. Not sure about deadlines for injuries but here is confirmation anyway.
- Jorge Grant penalty taking stat could possibly be increased from 12...scored a lot of pens this season (7 I think, missed one but put in the rebound) and they had all been very good penalties.
- Sean Roughan only accomplished as a CB? Although he has been playing left-back he is a left-sided CB (has played there a couple of times) and this is where Appleton sees his future. Can't find the link to the article about that though, annoyingly. He was on stand-by for Ire U21s this last international window, at just 17...I hope his PA reflects this!
- Robbie Gotts not at least accomplished as CM? This will be down to Leeds researcher, of course, but although Gotts began life as a RB he has spent last few season in CM and made his Leeds debut there. From what little I've seen of him in CM for us (1 and a bit games) he seems very athletic and a box-to-box type. Brief article here discusses his move to CM in recent seasons.
- Montsma's best position WBR? Think this has been covered.
- Harry Anderson - positioning 6? I think this is a little low, especially with how well he has been performing at RB recently. Perhaps one to keep an eye on for future updates rather than now, but I'd argue he needs to be at least double digits.
- Club vision includes ‘want to build new stadium’ as part of 5yr plan but can’t see anything about current plans for development. No building to commence before Summer 2021 but plans have been approved for 1500 (just less actually) increase.
- Youth recruitment listed as ‘fairly basic’ but would argue its higher. Same with academy coaching. This article is just one of many things we've done recently to try and improve the youth recruitment side and this season alone I think we've signed 2/3 of the scholars to full time contracts already. Sean Roughan is an example of the fact we're not just looking locally as well.
- Staff member Richard O'Donnell is down as ‘loan manager’ but Lincoln's official site has him as 'First Team Development Coach'.
- Staff member Kieran Walker has FA Coaching Level 2, according to official site, but don't know what that would be as equivalent in game - lowest badge I think!

 

Sorry for the ramble. 

 

Cheers

Hi @ScottT87 and thanks for the info, you haven't rambled at all! Have considered all your points and spoke to head EFL researcher, please see points below:

Heath Lane was originally called Heath Lane before the sponsorship, we weren't sure whether sponsored names for training grounds was included, have decided to leave it as it is for now but will revisit this in Jan as data now locked.

Soule, I have his injury marked to include however we can't cancel the loan in game until we get confirmation from either club the loan has been cancelled as he could come back. Morton injury also noted but with being a season long loan I suspect he will come back and play again this season

Grants penalty taking was increased a few weeks ago to 12 which is good. He's only really started banging them in this season and a couple last season, we can look to increase this if its a regular thing all season and next. Will keep an eye on this

Roughan, another good spot. I have thought hard to increase his CA & PA however we have only really seen him at LB where he is comfortable. The 2/3 games he played centre back Hes looked steady if not spectacular so we went with LB as priority. I have ran lots of tests and he still becomes a very good CB so don't worry there.

Gotts has been sorted, he came to us from the Leeds researcher but now changed to DR & MC as strongest positions, we need to be careful though that Hes not selected ahead of Jones & McGrandles who in theory Hes behind, both of them have had significant increases.

Monstma sorted last week. (Data a week behind)

Anderson also sorted, have increased to 9, its important to not get carried away with his DR rating. Hes not been amazing there and the other night Man City & Forest Green didn't deploy out and out wingers. Game has him at competent DR but have increased positioning slightly

Club Vision, thanks for spotting that. It was originally going to be 5 years but think COVID has put paid to that, didn't get a chance to change this for release but will revisit in Jan data. We wont enter the Stand increase until a date is confirmed however its noted.

Academy, another good spot but this SI set by a variety of things including academy category status etc. I do agree there has been a massive improvement over the past few years and you can expect to see some amendments in the future regarding

Richard O'Donnell is set correctly. He is first team development coach and this role includes reporting back on loan players out on loan as well as assisting the coaching of the first team, hence why have set him with second job as Loan Manager. There was an article on him somewhere but can't find it at the minute.

Walker, thanks for that I'll see if that's equivalent to the badges in game and get that added.

Thanks for your feedback, its appreciated. Hope that answers your questions.

 

Link to post

Sunderland AFC

Jonathan Krakue appears to randomly generate his position in game. He is a DM/CB in real life where as in my save he has generated in as a GK and on my friends save a ST/AMC

Save file has been uploaded as Jonathan Krakue GK

 

 

Edited by RobR Safc
Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...