[England EFL League One] Data Issues

11 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

Age, date they joined the club, job at the club.

The database already has over 20 David Jones', for example! I get he's the Sky Sports guy, but I need to work out which of the 20+ David Jones in the database he is! And then update his biography in it.

They both joined the same day as non executive directors, I’m not sure on sloanes’ exact age but I think I can work it out

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Laming1 said:

Lewis Montsma at Lincoln City is arguably labelled wrong as a natural wing back. Although he has played there in the past, he is primarily a centre back, and a very good one at that. Arguably deserves an increase in aggression and composure as well as the traits "tries long range passes" and "brings ball out of defence".

I agree with the traits you have listed and will get them added to the database. Not sure why it’s labelling him as a RWB, he’s defo set as CB in the data. I’ll have a look at that one. @Dean Gripton please can you add the mental traits

Montsma was rated by the Dutch researcher but has since had a big increase to the database myself and EFL head researcher are happy with his  individual stats.

2 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

Lazy journalists can't be bothered to type his name properly, I would suggest.

I do believe that it is actually Seamus and not Séamus, based on the club’s records and his socials.

A lot of the Pompey players are wrong. Marquis can't hit a barn door in the last 2 FMs but is one of the top scorers at this level. Curtis is another, but is one of the best players in the division. 

Some of Morris stats are to high. 

Haji Mnoga, Alfie Stanley and Harvey Rew are poor, Mnoga is being scouted by Championship and a couple of Premier teams.

In FM20 Michael Eisner also sells up because he gets old, but has stated his son Eric will one day take over the club and the club will remain in the family. Is this altered in FM21?

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, Major Raver said:

A lot of the Pompey players are wrong. Marquis can't hit a barn door in the last 2 FMs but is one of the top scorers at this level. Curtis is another, but is one of the best players in the division. 

Haji Mnoga, Alfie Stanley and Harvey Rew are poor, Mnoga is being scouted by Championship and a couple of Premier teams.

In FM20 Michael Eisner also sells up because he gets old, but has stated his son Eric will one day take over the club and the club will remain in the family. Is this altered in FM21?

We can't set up family dynasties in the boardroom. The game is Football Manager, not Football Chairman. We're in a legal minefield setting up named individuals to take over clubs in the future in the game. However, I'll set up a preference for Eric to want to be chairman at Portsmouth. Whether that works or not, I don't know, as the career plans table is for backroom staff, really.

Can I let you into a secret? Every single U18 player at every L1 and L2 team is "being scouted by Championship teams" ;) Mnoga seems quite well-rated for a player with a grand total of one league appearance to his name. Play the game and develop him yourself, - I'm sure he'll do very well for you.

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, Goncalo Pinto said:

Good Morning,

The bio on my profile is incorrect.

I was born on 7/11/1987 in Portimão, Portugal.

Also I hold a Continental Uefa B Coaching License as well.

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 06.58.29.png

Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 19.31.05.png

Hi @Goncalo Pinto

Apologies for getting this info incorrect. It will be updated for the game's release.

Keep up the good work! All the best.

Ed (AFCW fan and researcher) 

3 hours ago, Major Raver said:

Which players do you think are wrong? Please try and make sensible statements about who and what else we cant consider what you are saying. 

My personal views

Marquis - He has only played for Portsmouth for 1 full season  :) He only scored 8 goals last season from 33 matches for Portsmouth and couldn't hit a barn door - thats a fact. He played in a striking pair at Doncaster and his first season for Portsmouth played a lot as a 10. Marquis started off this season unable to hit a barn door also and his first league goal was scored with his knee. Its only really been since Jackett has moved Harness in to the 10 role that Marquis has come alive scoring 7 from 11 so far and was possibly going to play 2nd fiddle to Harrison until he got injured. His FM finishing is currently set at 13 which for L1 is pretty good and he is on a good run IRL at the moment

Curtis - he has been out of form for most of the season so far until the last few games, he admits it himself. He has had no competition on the left wing really until Jacobs arrived and was much more creative until he got injured

Morris - I actually reduced his stats between FM 20 and 21. He is still Jackett's current first choice partner with Tom Naylor. You'll also remember that Naylor, Captain, was dropped in favour of Morris for 2 play-off semi-final legs against Oxford despite being injured all season and played NO league games all season so this confirms he is quite highly thought of by Jacket. He is a good L1 player, just needed a run of games

Mnoga - Scouting means nothing, all players are getting scouted all the time, its modern football practices. I was scouted as a kid and look what happened to me :)  I believe I have correctly rated Mnoga. He has only come on as sub for just 1 league match so far! He is highly rated as a prospect by Jackett and Gallen but both say he still has a lot to learn. One of his current biggest assets at the moment is his strength and pace but if you watched the Ipswich game he nearly got sent off due a very rash tackle and was caught out a number of times by their left winger. If he gets game time in the next 4 months I will review but at the moment I feel he is correctly rated

Stanley and Rew - They have played 1 senior game in the Papa John Trophy where Jacket blooded a young side as we had already qualified from the group. They've not even been put out on loan as they aren't ready. In FM we dont set high CA or PA for players at this age with this lack of senior football, we base it on facts and there is very little to go on. If they improve we'll improve their stats, if they dont we wont or even consider reducing them. They have years to potentially develop, if they do we adjust for future FMs.  We review players several times a year and adjust if they deserve it, same has happened for Ben Close and Adam May who did progress very well as has Bass

Chairman - Do you believe everything chairman say :)  Mandaric said he would never sell the club ;) . With data we don't really make changes based on hearsay. I'll let Dean decide on what he thinks about Eric as a potential future chairman but there is nothing really concrete here. Its a bit like making player transfers in advance based on hearsay. When and if it happens a change can be made

Peterborough United

Siriki Dembele FM21.png

Flynn Clarke FM21.png

Ronnie Edwards FM21.png

Edited by RKM
Formatting

Dylan Levitt's Tackling 4 looks very low to me. Low aggression, bravery, strength absolutely, but he's looked pretty good at nicking a ball when it's there in the u23s and Wales u21s games I've seen of him in the last couple of years. He's not a striker incapable of proper tackling technique. Mental attributes look high, especially Concentration. Talented but a difficult player to be trusted in a physical senior game for now, I think. Mixed results with Wales so far.

36 minutes ago, RKM said:

Peterborough United

• Ronnie Edwards is primarily a central defender. His heading should be higher, somewhere around 12. His determination of 3 is way too low. Needs to be increased. He is very mature for his age and his potential ability of 3 stars should be 4 stars. He's a potential Premier League defender in the making. Minimum Championship at the least. 

Dembele has started the season well, but he's a player that is quick and skilful and has managed 5 league goals in each of the last 2 seasons; admittedly not all of that has been as a striker, but he's simply not as good a finisher as JCH for all different types of goals that the latter can score. I'm sure he'll be looked at again if he carries on this form.

I've not seen a huge amount of Clarke, but this is his first taste of senior football, and his data will have been set before his EFL Trophy goals - it may be that he gets looked at if he has really impressed

Edwards has only played one senior game in a Mickey Mouse cup, I wouldn't rush to judge him so quickly and maybe best to see him a few more times 

8 minutes ago, fairsy said:

Dembele has started the season well, but he's a player that is quick and skilful and has managed 5 league goals in each of the last 2 seasons; admittedly not all of that has been as a striker, but he's simply not as good a finisher as JCH for all different types of goals that the latter can score. I'm sure he'll be looked at again if he carries on this form.

I've not seen a huge amount of Clarke, but this is his first taste of senior football, and his data will have been set before his EFL Trophy goals - it may be that he gets looked at if he has really impressed

Edwards has only played one senior game in a Mickey Mouse cup, I wouldn't rush to judge him so quickly and maybe best to see him a few more times 

Yep prior to this season Dembele has only scored 14 goals in 3 seasons. Let see how he does in the next 4 months. In FM he has some good headroom for potential so he can develop much more in game

On 10/11/2020 at 21:21, Dean Gripton said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSjzTyAE93s - Padiham v Accrington Stanley U23s

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nelsonfc/news/nelson-fc-v-accrington-stanley-u23s-preview-2567841.html - Nelson v Accrington Stanley U23s

https://www.stanleytrust.co.uk/accrington-stanley-to-launch-new-academy-development-squad-in-2020/ - U18s manager David Fitzgerald talks about players being called up to the U23s but there's not much to completely support it. I think I or someone may need to reach out to the club?

DG - those seem like pre-season friendlies, which do not prove the club has a U23 team that performs during the season. 

Reaching out to the club is usually not advised, for legal reasons. If any info isn't freely available, then it's best to leave it out.

David Burgess is also Managing Director at the club (https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/club/) and has been there since January 2016. Little detail but always good to try and perfect everything! 

Ashley Hoskin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Hoskin) is also Head of Youth Development (https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ash-hoskin-89768540 / https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/teams/staff/staff/ash-hoskin/

DG - Thanks, that's helpful, though it is only a cosmetic position at the club in-game, this info is appreciated.

Ian Sampson is the Academy Manager (Head of Youth of Development) at Northampton Town

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/october2/ian_sampson/

DG - thanks, have updated him in the Release database

Abu Ogogo is now on loan at Dagenham and Redbridge from Bristol Rovers https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exiled-bristol-rovers-midfielder-abu-4635413

Bristol Rovers also now train at there new training ground "the Almondsbury training centre" not "the lawns". https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-use-new-training-4640835

DG - Ogogo is a short-term loan that happened after the transfer window closed, which we do not include. We only include standard (ie window-to-window' loans).
It is hard-coded that Rovers move into 'The Quarters' (their name for the Almondsbury Training Centre) on 26th October in-game, mirroring the day they moved in real life. If this does not occur on that date in your beta-game, please do let me know.

As you can see club has not moved into the new training facilities.

8104da888af4e2bcc5cb3dd5c0fba1c5.png

15 hours ago, MrPompey said:

Which players do you think are wrong? Please try and make sensible statements about who and what else we cant consider what you are saying. 

My personal views

Marquis - He has only played for Portsmouth for 1 full season  :) He only scored 8 goals last season from 33 matches for Portsmouth and couldn't hit a barn door - thats a fact. He played in a striking pair at Doncaster and his first season for Portsmouth played a lot as a 10. Marquis started off this season unable to hit a barn door also and his first league goal was scored with his knee. Its only really been since Jackett has moved Harness in to the 10 role that Marquis has come alive scoring 7 from 11 so far and was possibly going to play 2nd fiddle to Harrison until he got injured. His FM finishing is currently set at 13 which for L1 is pretty good and he is on a good run IRL at the moment

Curtis - he has been out of form for most of the season so far until the last few games, he admits it himself. He has had no competition on the left wing really until Jacobs arrived and was much more creative until he got injured

Morris - I actually reduced his stats between FM 20 and 21. He is still Jackett's current first choice partner with Tom Naylor. You'll also remember that Naylor, Captain, was dropped in favour of Morris for 2 play-off semi-final legs against Oxford despite being injured all season and played NO league games all season so this confirms he is quite highly thought of by Jacket. He is a good L1 player, just needed a run of games

Mnoga - Scouting means nothing, all players are getting scouted all the time, its modern football practices. I was scouted as a kid and look what happened to me :)  I believe I have correctly rated Mnoga. He has only come on as sub for just 1 league match so far! He is highly rated as a prospect by Jackett and Gallen but both say he still has a lot to learn. One of his current biggest assets at the moment is his strength and pace but if you watched the Ipswich game he nearly got sent off due a very rash tackle and was caught out a number of times by their left winger. If he gets game time in the next 4 months I will review but at the moment I feel he is correctly rated

Stanley and Rew - They have played 1 senior game in the Papa John Trophy where Jacket blooded a young side as we had already qualified from the group. They've not even been put out on loan as they aren't ready. In FM we dont set high CA or PA for players at this age with this lack of senior football, we base it on facts and there is very little to go on. If they improve we'll improve their stats, if they dont we wont or even consider reducing them. They have years to potentially develop, if they do we adjust for future FMs.  We review players several times a year and adjust if they deserve it, same has happened for Ben Close and Adam May who did progress very well as has Bass

Chairman - Do you believe everything chairman say :)  Mandaric said he would never sell the club ;) . With data we don't really make changes based on hearsay. I'll let Dean decide on what he thinks about Eric as a potential future chairman but there is nothing really concrete here. Its a bit like making player transfers in advance based on hearsay. When and if it happens a change can be made

Thank you for the responses. Marquis problems have been caused by being played incorrectly by Kenny Jackett.  As soon as he moves to two up front and he scores for fun again. Its the same in FM, you play a player in the wrong way he doesnt perform, its due to the tactics. 

Every Pompey fan knows Morris playing in the play offs over Naylor, was Jackett at his worst, "Naylor isnt a summer player"! God help us. Since the early games and move to 442, Morris has been dropped, his performances terrible. 

As for Mnoga and the youngsters, well I've had an involvement with Pompeys youth for many years, and helped your predecessor Mr Pompey with some details of the young players many years ago. My point is some players have pace and acceleration of 8 on the game, less than the likes of Lee Brown, but would leave Lee Brown standing over 50metres easily. They seem to be random, when things like speed are visible. 

Yes scouts are everywhere, but Mnoga and Bass have had scouts watching, Bass that interested dropped at the start of the season,  but alot of potential is seen in Mnoga, hence why he wasn't loaned out.

As for the Eisner's,  well I'm no fan of them,  so happy to see them move on, on Football Manager. But I do believe they are around for the long term.

Game is fantastic, so fast as well, points not a moan, but a try to help on club I support.  Have a nice weekend. 

Oh and Dean, you were a go to scout for me in FM's many moons ago, no matter what division I started in. :)

4 minutes ago, Major Raver said:

Thank you for the responses. Marquis problems have been caused by being played incorrectly by Kenny Jackett.  As soon as he moves to two up front and he scores for fun again. Its the same in FM, you play a player in the wrong way he doesnt perform, its due to the tactics. 

Every Pompey fan knows Morris playing in the play offs over Naylor, was Jackett at his worst, "Naylor isnt a summer player"! God help us. Since the early games and move to 442, Morris has been dropped, his performances terrible. 

As for Mnoga and the youngsters, well I've had an involvement with Pompeys youth for many years, and helped your predecessor Mr Pompey with some details of the young players many years ago. My point is some players have pace and acceleration of 8 on the game, less than the likes of Lee Brown, but would leave Lee Brown standing over 50metres easily. They seem to be random, when things like speed are visible. 

Yes scouts are everywhere, but Mnoga and Bass have had scouts watching, Bass that interested dropped at the start of the season,  but alot of potential is seen in Mnoga, hence why he wasn't loaned out.

As for the Eisner's,  well I'm no fan of them,  so happy to see them move on, on Football Manager. But I do believe they are around for the long term.

Game is fantastic, so fast as well, points not a moan, but a try to help on club I support.  Have a nice weekend. 

Oh and Dean, you were a go to scout for me in FM's many moons ago, no matter what division I started in. :)

Morris - lets see how he does over the next 4 months and review him. As I mentioned I have already downgraded him from FM20. Yes I recall Jackett's statement which I found very puzzling also. 

Mnoga - Yes I like him. With the young players its difficult if they arent getting games we can watch but one for the future for sure.

Spoiler

As it stands in FM he currently has the potential to reach the standard of an average squad player in a Championship team expected to finish in the top 6

Youth players - Many of these have their ratings defined by FM based on a perceived potential and position which we estimate and set. Its often difficult to determine these without seeing them play regularly and in addition youth players develop at different rates some beyond expectation and some below. As we build up this info  we can start setting these and amending them. No doubt many of the youngsters would out pace Brown over 50 metres but in football we dont often see races quite like this and the experienced slower players will have a bag of tricks they use to reduce the difference against faster players but I take your point. If you have any specific observations on the youth players that you can justify I'd be willing to consider them. It may be pushing it for release but could make the winter update

Player abilities are subjective and we always welcome comment, we promise to read and consider but not promise to always adjust. This works the same way for the ARs like me in conversation with the HRs like Dean :) A good way of doing this is if you can evidence it, for example player x is quicker than player a, slower than player b and around the same as player c. This way is more subjective as you've seen it in multiple times in a match and I suppose is less emotional as we all have our favourite clubs

Didnt take it as moan at all. Your feedback is good as it helps ensure an overall balanced opinion

The ME this year is looking very good, I'd personally prefer some changes to the in match tablet view in terms of the speed of advice (too quick) and the passing view filterable by player(s) as its too busy

14 hours ago, tomprice04 said:

Should Harry Anderson at Lincoln have an increase to how comfortable he is to play at RB? He's played there a few times this season and looks fairly comfortable, but not a natural.

Anderson has DR set as 12/20 and WBR at 14/20 in the database. This means he is competent in the role which is fair

On 10/11/2020 at 21:08, Simsimmabrfc85 said:

Abu Ogogo is now on loan at Dagenham and Redbridge from Bristol Rovers https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exiled-bristol-rovers-midfielder-abu-4635413

Bristol Rovers also now train at there new training ground "the Almondsbury training centre" not "the lawns". https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-use-new-training-4640835

Any other notable feedback in regards to the Bristol Rovers data? I've tried to ensure that my research was as accurate as possible, which was rather difficult considering the huge influx of players over the summer!

Any feedback (negative or positive) is much appreciated as I'm committed to making sure the data set is as accurate as possible for full release :)

2 hours ago, JoeMoon said:

Any other notable feedback in regards to the Bristol Rovers data? I've tried to ensure that my research was as accurate as possible, which was rather difficult considering the huge influx of players over the summer!

Any feedback (negative or positive) is much appreciated as I'm committed to making sure the data set is as accurate as possible for full release :)

Yes anything i come by i will make sure to run it past you and the team. I been playing these games since the late 80s and been watching Bristol rovers since 89/90 so im happy to help in anyway and im playing as rovers too.  There is one thing also i noticed it says the ground was rebuilt in 2009? In the last 11 years we've only built 2 small temporary stands.

0ff1250949130a54c47fb622c838fa5f.png.62d2ea77836c66e51b04c599b4ba4169.png

16 minutes ago, Simsimmabrfc85 said:

Yes anything i come by i will make sure to run it past you and the team. I been playing these games since the late 80s and been watching Bristol rovers since 89/90 so im happy to help in anyway and im playing as rovers too.  There is one thing also i noticed it says the ground was rebuilt in 2009? In the last 11 years we've only built 2 small temporary stands.

0ff1250949130a54c47fb622c838fa5f.png.62d2ea77836c66e51b04c599b4ba4169.png

Excellent - it would be a huge benefit having a second opinion on some of the data, especially from a long-term Gashead.

Any thoughts on the stadium situation @Dean Gripton ? It does seem to be an error.

Blackpool

Training Ground short term- Current Training ground at Squires Gate has been upgraded in the short term so think it should be changed from basic to adequate.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/club-completes-design-and-purchase-of-new-modular-building-for-squires-gate/

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-fc-start-work-installing-new-building-squires-gate-training-ground-2885590

Training Ground long term - Blackpool are in the process of identifying a new site to build modern training complex to house both senior and youth teams.  Plans are expected to be announced soon per the links (the delay i think is due to Covid). 

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/first-designs-blackpool-fcs-new-training-ground-expected-be-revealed-soon-1888828

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/simon-sadler-one-year-on/

'Looking ahead, the Club clearly needs a modern training facility where the entire football operations can work together in one location. Negotiations are ongoing to secure our preferred site whilst designs of a building and pitch lay-out are currently being refined'. 

When Simon Sadler became owner it was announced as a key focus to move to a new site and build a modern state of the art training facility:

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/new-blackpool-fc-owner-simon-sadler-outlines-vision-new-training-ground-during-fans-forum-959098

Burton Albion:

Jack Holmes no longer plays for the club - He signed for Halesowen after an unsuccesful trial following the expiration of his scholarship.

https://nonleaguedaily.com/halesowen-town-sign-best-young-prospect-manager-smith-has-worked-with/

Pirelli Stadium - Capacity is listed as 7,088. Previous games have had it as 6,972, but every source points to it being 6,912.

Also, it's a bit of a hard one to quantify, but I'd suggest Aaron Webster is elevated to 'Club Legend'. He was the second player to be voted into the club's hall of fame, alongside Darren Stride, who is classed as a Legend in the game.

Blackpool

On 'Transfer History' page:

'In’s' missing:

- Daniel Ballard (Loan) from Arsenal

- Ben Woodburn (Loan) from Liverpool

Jordan Lawrence-Gabriel (Loan) from Nottingham Forest

'Outs' errors:

- Emerson Boyce is stated but was released by Blackpool at end of 15/16 season

- Max Clayton is stated but was released at end of 18/19 season

- Ryan McLaughlin is stated as an out but transferred to Rochdale in the 18/19 season

Oxford United

Coaching

Garry Parker is listed as Assistant Manager but is more of a performance analyst that does one day a week of coaching, source.

Chris Allen has now left the club although this was only recently so may have been missed deadline for the beta, source.

Playing

Michael Elechi is definitely English although may have Nigerian as a second nationality. He could also probably do with a boost on his strength as he's a very physical player.

Kyran Lofthouse could probably do with an upgrade as a right and left back as he's being played there more and more.

Tyler Goodrham is more of a wide forward then a central striker.

Elliott Moore's heading ability looks massively underrated to me, one of his best attributes imo.

Jack Stevens also looks to have come on leaps and bounds this season and physically looks much stronger so may well be due an upgrade at some point.

Charlton

Objectives it only talks about being a established Championship team. But in all of Thomas sandgaards interviews he wants Charlton to be in the premiership as soon as possible. Maximum of 3-5 years and he has even said he wants Charlton to be like arsenal in 12-15 years. (I know unlikely) but that is the owners expectations.

Debt I feel like it should be a lot less from how Thomas has been talking about how the takeover happened. He gives the impression that the club isn’t in any debt to Roland anymore. And I’m 100% sure all the loans to the ex directors, payable when promoted, are gone.

Sponsorship Charlton just announced a big 3 year deal with first touch sports. 

Staff Alastair Thrush has just left his role. 

Future clauses Steve Gallen in a recent interview said we had a good future sell on clause for Dillon Phillips at Cardiff.  

Edited by Tommieledger

Charlton

Finances are currently at insecure. The new owner Sandgaard has stated his intentions to back us and has done this window and definitely would say it should be at least Okay probably Secure. Don't think he's going to blow the bank but definitely expecting investment over the next few years but that doesn't look like the case in game. I've just been promoted and only a small increase in wage budget and zero transfer budget which seems unlikely considering we put in some decent bids for players this summer in league 1 so in the championship I would expect a bit of money to spend realistically 

Also on the player front. Ian Maatsen's stats are rubbish in game but in real life he's looked amazing so far so should definitely get an upgrade his technical stats should be much better than they are

Edited by DJ8
16 hours ago, Butts said:

Oxford United

Coaching

Garry Parker is listed as Assistant Manager but is more of a performance analyst that does one day a week of coaching, source.

For me he's not an analyst in FM terms. The role in FM is more to do with data than performance which is what Garry Parker does, if anything it's more of a scout role in game than analyst.

4 hours ago, matt_neil41 said:

For me he's not an analyst in FM terms. The role in FM is more to do with data than performance which is what Garry Parker does, if anything it's more of a scout role in game than analyst.

Yeah it’s a bit of an odd one for our back room team tbh as I think our roles are quite fluid. For example Craig Short is officially a first team coach but I think in FM terms is more of an assistant and Chris Short i think also leads all the fitness sessions despite being head of sport science. You may know more on that than me.

On Dave Jones at Sunderland - he’s officially a non executive director but currently in the absence of any scouts, an academy manager and a chairman, he’s anything other than non-executive!! Pretty much full time.

As it’s unofficial I doubt it would / should be modelled in game mind.

• SI Staff
On 14/11/2020 at 15:39, Tommieledger said:

Charlton

Objectives it only talks about being a established Championship team. But in all of Thomas sandgaards interviews he wants Charlton to be in the premiership as soon as possible. Maximum of 3-5 years and he has even said he wants Charlton to be like arsenal in 12-15 years. (I know unlikely) but that is the owners expectations.

Debt I feel like it should be a lot less from how Thomas has been talking about how the takeover happened. He gives the impression that the club isn’t in any debt to Roland anymore. And I’m 100% sure all the loans to the ex directors, payable when promoted, are gone.

Sponsorship Charlton just announced a big 3 year deal with first touch sports. 

Staff Alastair Thrush has just left his role. 

Future clauses Steve Gallen in a recent interview said we had a good future sell on clause for Dillon Phillips at Cardiff.  

Sandgaard has an ambition set in the game to get into the Premier League in five years.

If the debts were paid off, and none are due to TS, please provide evidence with a link to where you read about that. 

Equally, if you have read about a three-year deal with First Touch Sports, whoever they are, then provide a link for it and we can consider what it actually is.

On 13/11/2020 at 22:20, AngularLobster said:

Really small one but Josh Emmanuel is listed as moving from Ipswich to Hull on a free transfer, I think he left Ipswich last season (19/20) to sign permanently for Bolton, and when they got relegated he was released and signed for Hull from there.

Thanks - had some missing history data which I have now added.

• SI Staff
On 13/11/2020 at 22:21, rhys0204 said:

Burton Albion:

Jack Holmes no longer plays for the club - He signed for Halesowen after an unsuccesful trial following the expiration of his scholarship.

https://nonleaguedaily.com/halesowen-town-sign-best-young-prospect-manager-smith-has-worked-with/

Pirelli Stadium - Capacity is listed as 7,088. Previous games have had it as 6,972, but every source points to it being 6,912.

Also, it's a bit of a hard one to quantify, but I'd suggest Aaron Webster is elevated to 'Club Legend'. He was the second player to be voted into the club's hall of fame, alongside Darren Stride, who is classed as a Legend in the game.

Thanks for the Holmes info - updated for Release (all the data had been changed except the 'Club Name' from Burton to Halesowen. Thanks for spotting that.

Pirelli - the capacity is 7088. That figure comes from the EFL licensing department.

Webster - good call, will sort.

1 hour ago, Dean Gripton said:

Sandgaard has an ambition set in the game to get into the Premier League in five years.

If the debts were paid off, and none are due to TS, please provide evidence with a link to where you read about that. 

Equally, if you have read about a three-year deal with First Touch Sports, whoever they are, then provide a link for it and we can consider what it actually is.

Thanks - had some missing history data which I have now added.

Thomas Sandgaard has already sold the club on my save and I am on the 20th November 2020 when he stated he had a long term plan for the club

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, MattEdmonds said:

Thomas Sandgaard has already sold the club on my save and I am on the 20th November 2020 when he stated he had a long term plan for the club

That doesn't help with the question I have asked.

Please provide evidence to support your claim that the debts have been wiped out, and about the First Touch Sports deal. Otherwise, I can do nothing.

@Tommieledger thanks for linking the video, can you let us know where exactly in the video its claimed about the finances?

Keep in mind as well, its very easy to say debts have been cleared. There have been numerous instances in the past of owners making similar claims and its not quite been as stated publicly. FFP tends to pose problems for clubs to just clear debts. 

Nicky Adams has no positions on the left hand side despite playing 136 games on the left since the beginning of 2015/16 and 39 since the beginning of last season. 

He's played there 5 times this season and nearly all of last season there yet has no positions at all. Surely he should be natural on that side by now?

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, Tommieledger said:

That gaming partnership is barely worth including, to be honest. It would fall under our catch-all 'Total Commercial income' field. 

Sorry but I haven't really got the spare time to listen intently to half an hour of an interview. If he talked about the debts, then surely someone wrote it down in a newspaper or club website article? A link to that would be great.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, matt_neil41 said:

Nicky Adams has no positions on the left hand side despite playing 136 games on the left since the beginning of 2015/16 and 39 since the beginning of last season. 

He's played there 5 times this season and nearly all of last season there yet has no positions at all. Surely he should be natural on that side by now?

Amended for Release, thanks.

18 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

That doesn't help with the question I have asked.

Please provide evidence to support your claim that the debts have been wiped out, and about the First Touch Sports deal. Otherwise, I can do nothing.

I'm a charlton fan. Don't think the debts have been cleared, more that they have been transferred to the deal to buy the clubs stadium. Sandgaard is paying Roland rent every year (probably a few hundred thousand) and has a 15 year lease on the stadium which will eventually need to be bought from Roland for probably £40m-ish which has replaced the debt roland put the club in.

Think Sandgaard definitely needs some attention before the release, as I have stated on here in my save after promotion there was barely an increase in wage budget and zero transfer budget. He has stated his ambition and intention to fully back us so I was expecting a little more. And from an interview with Steve Gallen our director of football there are numerous references to us bidding for players this summer which shows he is willing to spend money in league 1 let alone if we went up to the championship. Not saying we should be absolutely loaded but our financial position is no longer the precarious state it has been for the last few years so that should be reflected in game. Someone else on here has said he sold the club on his save and there are rumours of him doing so on mine which is also wrong considering he is making a lot of noises about a long term plan and wanting to be here for 15 years 

2 minutes ago, DJ8 said:

I'm a charlton fan. Don't think the debts have been cleared, more that they have been transferred to the deal to buy the clubs stadium. Sandgaard is paying Roland rent every year (probably a few hundred thousand) and has a 15 year lease on the stadium which will eventually need to be bought from Roland for probably £40m-ish which has replaced the debt roland put the club in.

Think Sandgaard definitely needs some attention before the release, as I have stated on here in my save after promotion there was barely an increase in wage budget and zero transfer budget. He has stated his ambition and intention to fully back us so I was expecting a little more. And from an interview with Steve Gallen our director of football there are numerous references to us bidding for players this summer which shows he is willing to spend money in league 1 let alone if we went up to the championship. Not saying we should be absolutely loaded but our financial position is no longer the precarious state it has been for the last few years so that should be reflected in game. Someone else on here has said he sold the club on his save and there are rumours of him doing so on mine which is also wrong considering he is making a lot of noises about a long term plan and wanting to be here for 15 years 

I would say a small budget of 1or 2 hundred thousand in league 1 and then on promotion to the championship a million or 2 at the very least with an initial wage budget (which could then increase year on year) more on the level of the lower championship sides like Barnsley, Luton, Millwall rather than what I've got at the moment which is less than Peterborough who came up with me...A Sandgaard backed charlton should have the ambition of promotion and then the financial backing to kick on up the league in the championship rather than at the moment in game we have insecure finances and low budgets. 

Sorry if it seems like we are all blabbing on about it but we've finally got a good owner so I really wanted to see that replicated in game rather so that unlike the last few FMs I won't be praying for a takeover from the start

• SI Staff

With FFP and salary caps, clearly there isn't scope for Charlton to go spending money like confetti. Remember, you have brought in plenty of players this summer (yes, Bonne left last minute). 

Sandgaard's ambitions are set for Prem in five years, and he's got plenty of resources set in his profile. of course, when the club loses loads of money in your savegame, the game has to consider that alongside FFP and the debt, which is why we need to know what debt the club actually should be listed as having.