[England EFL Championship] Data Issues

28 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

I've played around with the reputations here. However, it's probably down to the club signing loads of DCs in the summer that pushes him down into the U23s. Silly oversized squad.

Yes, the squad is oversized but he was first choice CB last season (played all 46 league games). He's not currently in the squad due to injury. Thanks for updating and hopefully it won't be an issue now. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if this is a data Issue.   If not then can you advise me where I need to report this please.

I was playing with Blackburn Rovers, who start the game with a level 1 youth set up.  I was promoted to the premier league at the end of my first season, and my youth set up was then downgraded to level 2.

In real life Venkys (for all of their many faults) have committed to keeping Blackburn's youth set up operating at level 1, so it seems unrealistic to have the youth level downgraded so soon into the game (especially in the face of a 1st season promotion)

Also, it does seem that the Blackburn Youth staff   (especially head of academy Stuart Jones) and possibly some of the youngsters are underrated, given that they are in Englands top youth divisions and have a level 1 academy.

Many thanks for taking the time to look into this

Edited by Christina_D

Nottingham Forest:

Michael Hefele has had 3 damaged achilles tendon since 2017 and 2 of them within the last year, yet only has average injury suspetibility. His natural fitness of 15 and stamina of 14 seem generous as well.

Edited by silentwars
1 hour ago, Christina_D said:

I am not sure if this is a data Issue.   If not then can you advise me where I need to report this please.

I was playing with Blackburn Rovers, who start the game with a level 1 youth set up.  I was promoted to the premier league at the end of my first season, and my youth set up was then downgraded to level 2.

In real life Venkys (for all of their many faults) have committed to keeping Blackburn's youth set up operating at level 1, so it seems unrealistic to have the youth level downgraded so soon into the game (especially in the face of a 1st season promotion)

Also, it does seem that the Blackburn Youth staff   (especially head of academy Stuart Jones) and possibly some of the youngsters are underrated, given that they are in Englands top youth divisions and have a level 1 academy.

Blackburn's youth category changing in the second season is not a data issue.

The data is set properly for Blackburn in the game, as you can see it is correct at the start of the game. This forum is for errors in the data at the start of the game. I am advised to ask you to post about that event at https://community.sigames.com/forum/809-all-other-gameplay/. The right people will see that and advise further.

Jones is set with blank data - I've given him a high rating now. However, that won't make any difference to what has happened in the game.

8 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

I've updated what there is proof for.

Duggan could be injured? Until we have confirmation he's left, I'll have to leave him in.

Thanks for that. 

Duggan is no longer on the clubs Under 18 page. https://www.ccfc.co.uk/teams/under-18s/  - if he was injured the club would still have a profile for him? 

Edited by CCFC1994
39 minutes ago, silentwars said:

Nottingham Forest: 

Plans to revamp the stadium to 38,000. I believe it's been temporary delayed due to covid, so you may not wish to include it in game. Source: https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/thenewcityground/

No evidence past that initial story that this is in motion. I mean, the link you put there said it would start after 2019/20. It hasn't.

14 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

No evidence past that initial story that this is in motion. I mean, the link you put there said it would start after 2019/20. It hasn't.

Just been reading up on it, looks like they're awaiting planning permission which will be reviewed in January. So might be a feature to add after the January window if it gets the green light. Sorry for the post, I'll make sure I do the full research before commenting on here. 

On 15/11/2020 at 01:12, ForrestGrump said:

Lee Buchanan: 11 Jumping Reach is far too low. He's only had an extended period in the first team this year, but he's already proven that he's an absolute freak in the air - the height he gets when jumping is incredible.

As Brentford Alan explained, Jumping Reach is based on a player's physical height and whether his jumping is poor, below average, average, above average, or good for his height. We have Buchanan as above average for his height in the Beta but, after discussing this with my Head Researcher, we have nudged Buchanan's Jumping Reach up to good for his height for FM21 release. Thank you for raising this, @ForrestGrump

On 15/11/2020 at 07:48, Brentford Alan said:

Just to jump in with an explanation of how the JR attribute works, which is unique amongst the attributes we rate. Each height has 5 possible entries that can be made, so someone who is 6 foot (182-184cm) has 9 - poor, 10 - below av, 11 average, 12- above av, 13 - good, for example. Whereas the other attributes are on a 1 - worst to 20 - best scale. In Lee's case, taking the 175cm height figure as correct, he should actually have a maximum rating of 10 for good jumping (6 is poor, to 10 is good for his height range)!

Edited by Stuniverse
1 hour ago, silentwars said:

Just been reading up on it, looks like they're awaiting planning permission which will be reviewed in January. So might be a feature to add after the January window if it gets the green light. Sorry for the post, I'll make sure I do the full research before commenting on here. 

Not a problem at all - thanks for chasing it up.

Ground expansions and moves are often problematic as often it's not certain how far along a process is.

22 minutes ago, Fat_Frank8 said:

Thomas Kaminski in Blackburn has nationality: polish and second nationality belgian. Should probably be declared for Belgium since he has been called up to their squad during this national break.

Somebody already mentioned that on this forum, I imagine it will be fixed for the release. 

On 17/11/2020 at 20:29, MaxiMayhem said:

Hi @MaxiMayhem,

Thanks for all that great info - have passed it on to @Dean Gripton and we'll hopefully get that in to the DB for the full game. 

Chris Ramsey is technical director/coach in game. There's no differentiation between a senior squad/academy technical director - but he should be given relevant responsibilities in game that reflect real life.

Alex Carroll is one I've thought about a fair bit in the past - there's no in game role that reflects his role entirely, at leas from my understanding of his job. For now I'll leave him out but feel free to make a case for it.

Jordan Nyang's LinkedIn says he's stopped working with the U18s so will leave him off for now - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordannyang/?originalSubdomain=uk

Cheers,

Julius

On 17/11/2020 at 17:37, canaryyellow said:

Quick comment about Adam Idah and Sebastian Soto at Norwich. Not sure if they need their reputation or CA/PA improving but they don't seem to be receiving many international call ups on the game compared to real life.

Since the start of the season, Idah has received 5 caps for Ireland, while Soto has 1 cap and 2 goals for USA (was also called up by Chile but rejected it). However in the game, I've holidayed until the start of 22/23 three times and Idah only collected 3 caps twice, 0 caps the other time. While Soto never earns a cap for USA or Chile, which suggests they're underrated on the game. Idah also seems to start the game in Norwich U23, when irl he's second choice ahead of Hugill.

Hopefully a few tweaks can be made to improve the players to prevent this from happening, as it makes no sense how they finish with fewer caps from 2 full seasons on the game, compared to the past few months irl.

Not a huge issue but it does make the game feel unrealistic while playing. 

Idah and Soto Home Reputation have been adjusted, thanks for the info.

On 17/11/2020 at 18:09, henderj said:

Hope this is the right place to post. Sheff Wednesdays away shirts are too light, they are much darker in real life, more like the sock colour in game.

FM21.PNG.dd7eaff4e47a3386065ee9feabe7b6a7.PNGIRL.PNG.a93edafa82fe964c43963bb153867f01.PNG

Owls kits are improved (incl sponsor etc) for the Release version of the game due out on the 24th! Thanks for your post.

19 hours ago, Christina_D said:

Completely agreed. Faced the exact same issue. Currently in 2025 and still can't get my Academy at Blackburn Rovers to produce a credible Youth Intake, despite heavy investment in a Head of Youth Development and consistent Board Requests for increases in junior spending and facilities.

The club in real life have maintained the academy at an impeccible level for years and there's no sign of this going away, and seemingly in FM21 (as it was in FM20), no matter what the club achieves, in 2021 our Youth Rating gets downgraded.

Seems odd and is highly frustrating.

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Completely agreed. Faced the exact same issue. Currently in 2025 and still can't get my Academy at Blackburn Rovers to produce a credible Youth Intake, despite heavy investment in a Head of Youth Development and consistent Board Requests for increases in junior spending and facilities.

The club in real life have maintained the academy at an impeccible level for years and there's no sign of this going away, and seemingly in FM21 (as it was in FM20), no matter what the club achieves, in 2021 our Youth Rating gets downgraded.

17 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

Blackburn's youth category changing in the second season is not a data issue.

The data is set properly for Blackburn in the game, as you can see it is correct at the start of the game. This forum is for errors in the data at the start of the game. I am advised to ask you to post about that event at https://community.sigames.com/forum/809-all-other-gameplay/. The right people will see that and advise further.

Jones is set with blank data - I've given him a high rating now. However, that won't make any difference to what has happened in the game.

@JoeH please post in the suggested forum in Gripper's post

Will the new EFL rule allowing 5 substitutions (9 named) be replicated in-game upon full release? It doesn't come into effect until tomorrow so not sure if you guys are able to add a rule to come into effect mid-season so probs best to go from beginning of season if being implemented?

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

I've boosted Youth Importance for the club, though it was quite high anyway.

I suggest you need to report it as a gameplay bug. It' s not a data bug. The club are set as a cat 1 club at the start, so the data is right. It's what happens later, which is gameplay related, that you need to report.

Rotherham United - transfer clauses

Trevor Clarke and Freddie Ladapo have clause if Rotherham gain promotion from the Sky Bet League One that they will pay a some bonus, but they already are in Sky Bet Championship. 

Also, in history, and records, it's missing some stats, as most overall goals by player in a season (it's not only the Rotherham, and other clubs missing that stats) 

Also, on official page of Rotherham (https://www.themillers.co.uk/) there is not stated that they have a U23 team. Same at transfermarkt (https://www.transfermarkt.com/schnellsuche/ergebnis/schnellsuche?query=Rotherham) only senior team, and U18 team. 

Sorry if I'm in wrong with this. 

Edited by rsop23

Couple of things regarding Norwich City for me, who I think overall have been spot-on:

Todd Cantwell pace and acceleration seem... really low at 11 each, especially when Pukki has 15/15, and the two regularly keep pace with each other. As well, Grant Hanley has 12 Acc 14 Pace. You're telling me Cantwell is slower than Hanley? Ridiculous.

I also feel like Tim Krul has been massively underrated this year, as he has easily been one of the best shot stoppers in the Championship this season, and probably should be rated at a decent Premier Division level (considering his save numbers last year were excellent despite being in a poor Norwich side).

I want to stress again that on the whole I think the Norwich side is very, very accurate aside from these two.

1 hour ago, callpress said:

Couple of things regarding Norwich City for me, who I think overall have been spot-on:

Todd Cantwell pace and acceleration seem... really low at 11 each, especially when Pukki has 15/15, and the two regularly keep pace with each other. As well, Grant Hanley has 12 Acc 14 Pace. You're telling me Cantwell is slower than Hanley? Ridiculous.

I also feel like Tim Krul has been massively underrated this year, as he has easily been one of the best shot stoppers in the Championship this season, and probably should be rated at a decent Premier Division level (considering his save numbers last year were excellent despite being in a poor Norwich side).

I want to stress again that on the whole I think the Norwich side is very, very accurate aside from these two.

Hmm, not a researcher but a Norwich fan. Cantwell isn't very quick, while Pukki has been known to make space to shoot and Hanley is known to be a quick defender.

I've not compared Krul's key attributes to other championship keepers, but he has a shout for being up there as the best shot stopper.

1 hour ago, callpress said:

Not sure about Cantwell, imo he tends to float around the pitch not relying on pace. Hanley is surprisingly quick, just doesn't look like it due to his big build so lacks the initial acceleration. In this interview with Max Aaron he names Hanley as one of the quickest Norwich players, no mention of Cantwell https://youtu.be/LYLrOif0dzw?t=334

Krul I agree with, he keeps getting better with age and his leadership really seems to help our youngsters, also he looks to have established himself as Netherland's second choice, playing in both Nations League games while Cillessen is injured.

I've gone through a season with Wycombe and they used the away yellow only once, the third kit of red and white always seems to get used over the yellow kit. The third kit is even used against teams who have white in their kit.

Fred Onyedinma - When he signed for Wycombe in July 2019 he signed a 3 year deal the beta version has his contract finishing in 2021, https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/july/fred-returns-as-jason-moves-to-millwall/

Anis Mehmeti - In the game he is listed as a DM/LM but he's listed on the Wycombe website as an attacking midfielder, when he's played this season he's played as a centre midfielder/attacking midfielder.

5 hours ago, rsop23 said:

Rotherham United - transfer clauses

Trevor Clarke and Freddie Ladapo have clause if Rotherham gain promotion from the Sky Bet League One that they will pay a some bonus, but they already are in Sky Bet Championship. 

Also, in history, and records, it's missing some stats, as most overall goals by player in a season (it's not only the Rotherham, and other clubs missing that stats) 

Also, on official page of Rotherham (https://www.themillers.co.uk/) there is not stated that they have a U23 team. Same at transfermarkt (https://www.transfermarkt.com/schnellsuche/ergebnis/schnellsuche?query=Rotherham) only senior team, and U18 team. 

Sorry if I'm in wrong with this. 

Hello.

- Those clauses should be removed for when the full game comes out.

- Can you expand please on this issue? I've looked through each player & they all have the correct app/goals. Only found Joe Mattock & Jamie Proctor who have not got the 'runners up' achievement though regarding Proctor, having played 3 times doesn't count for it as he was out on loan twice for the full season pretty much.

- We have a u23's team which plays in the 'Central League' & due to covid a lot of games this season are not being played atm.

Thanks again for your input.

5 hours ago, Craig_R.U.F.C said:

Can you expand please on this issue? I've looked through each player & they all have the correct app/goals. Only found Joe Mattock & Jamie Proctor who have not got the 'runners up' achievement though regarding Proctor, having played 3 times doesn't count for it as he was out on loan twice for the full season pretty much. 

Sorry, I mean it on club records and history, not players. Because there is section in club records "most overall goals by player in a season"  and it's empty. But it's not empty only for Rotherham, it is empty for some other temas. 

A few changes for Blackburn Rovers staff

Stuart Harvey is "Head of Recruitment"  I guess this would translate in game as Head Scout https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-progress-player-recruitment-17708410

Stewart Heppinstall is Head of Performance Analysis https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/backroom-staff/

Ryan Kidd is U18 Assistant manager https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17993629.rovers-announce-academy-role-former-bury-coach/

Glyn Chamberlain is a scout https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glyn-chamberlain/profil/trainer/15293

Blackburn also should have sell on clauses in their favour for Shane Duffy (Brighton) and David Raya (Brentford) at 20-25% of the profit on their next transfer, as well as a promotion clause bonus (somewhere between £1 and £2 million from memory) for David Raya if Brentford get promoted

Many thanks

Edited by Christina_D
Included bit RE transfer clauses
1 hour ago, Christina_D said:

Blackburn also should have sell on clauses in their favour for Shane Duffy (Brighton) and David Raya (Brentford) at 20-25% of the profit on their next transfer, as well as a promotion clause bonus (somewhere between £1 and £2 million from memory) for David Raya if Brentford get promoted

I wouldn't be against the 20% clause but will need to see some evidence of a promotion clause as it's the first I've heard of it.

51 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

I wouldn't be against the 20% clause but will need to see some evidence of a promotion clause as it's the first I've heard of it.

Confirmation of Raya's promotion clause and sell on clause

"pocketed Rovers an initial £3m, but was heavily incentivised..... a promotion bonus.... they would be entitled to a sell-on clause for Raya’s next move"

Edited by Christina_D
2 hours ago, Christina_D said:

Confirmation of Raya's promotion clause and sell on clause

"pocketed Rovers an initial £3m, but was heavily incentivised..... a promotion bonus.... they would be entitled to a sell-on clause for Raya’s next move"

Well he never put in a transfer request so there is a question mark on the validity of that source! Will leave for @Dean Gripton to decide.

18 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

Well he never put in a transfer request so there is a question mark on the validity of that source! Will leave for @Dean Gripton to decide.

That particular source (Lancashire Telegraph) has a long history with Blackburn Rovers, whereas they stay silent unless they know 100% that what they say is correct, at least from a Blackburn perspective, so whereas I would have to default to your knowledge/source regards the transfer request, I would back the Lancashire Telegraph to have confirmed 100% that there is both a promotion clause and a sell on clause before making the claim in print.  They actually broke news of Brentford's interest in Raya over a month before it actually happened.

Edited by Christina_D
2 hours ago, Christina_D said:

That particular source (Lancashire Telegraph) has a long history with Blackburn Rovers, whereas they stay silent unless they know 100% that what they say is correct, at least from a Blackburn perspective, so whereas I would have to default to your knowledge/source regards the transfer request, I would back the Lancashire Telegraph to have confirmed 100% that there is both a promotion clause and a sell on clause before making the claim in print.  They actually broke news of Brentford's interest in Raya over a month before it actually happened.

Sorry, my fault, I should have been clearer, by source I meant the Spanish newspaper they were quoting. Looking through a few older articles the LT mention these clauses a few times so I will put them in. Unfortunately the release database is locked so I don't think they will appear until the winter update though.

Thanks for the info.

9 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

Sorry, my fault, I should have been clearer, by source I meant the Spanish newspaper they were quoting. Looking through a few older articles the LT mention these clauses a few times so I will put them in. Unfortunately the release database is locked so I don't think they will appear until the winter update though.

Thanks for the info.

No worries, thank you, and FM21 is fantastic, thank you for the time & effort you guys put in

Troy Deeney is down as having played for Villa as a youth player, which means his testimonial for Watford seems to always be vs Villa (which I don't think either Deeney or Villa would agree to) but Villa never actually signed him. He has said himself that he only had a four day trial and only showed up for the final day, I don't think that warrants being included on his history and being homegrown at Villa.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/29/watford-troy-deeney-aston-villa-remi-garde

Middlesbrough

Paddy McNair: Vision (12) and Passing (12) both seem on the low side to me. McNair, when given the chance, has shown he's able to pick out a pass for both Boro and NI. 

George Savile: His height is listed as 6 foot when other sources have him down between 5"9 and 5"10.

Club Finances: Transfer budget of £0 seems accurate, but wage budget of £5k remaining again seems a little low considering we had almost brokered a deal for Bolaise on deadline day. 

Duncan Watmore: Will he be added to the main version with a contract expiring in January?

8 minutes ago, glenjamin said:

Middlesbrough

Paddy McNair: Vision (12) and Passing (12) both seem on the low side to me. McNair, when given the chance, has shown he's able to pick out a pass for both Boro and NI. 

George Savile: His height is listed as 6 foot when other sources have him down between 5"9 and 5"10.

Club Finances: Transfer budget of £0 seems accurate, but wage budget of £5k remaining again seems a little low considering we had almost brokered a deal for Bolaise on deadline day. 

Duncan Watmore: Will he be added to the main version with a contract expiring in January?

If not, I expect a full on Warnock rant 

8 hours ago, glenjamin said:

Middlesbrough

Yeah, McNair does seem to have stepped up a gear in that department this year.  I've already tweaked things like crossing, free kicks and corners and with his versatility it's hard to bump him up much higher without him becoming too good.  But will keep an eye on it.

That does seem to be the case with Saville, I'll have a look and see if I can compare him to other players.

I think the wages are just about right - we have signed Watmore now (albeit probably on low wages) and we would have paid maybe 15-20k for Bolasie and perhaps only for him?  You could argue bumping it another 5-10k but I don't think it makes much difference.

Watmore should have just made the cut.

5 hours ago, BoroPhil said:

Yeah, McNair does seem to have stepped up a gear in that department this year.  I've already tweaked things like crossing, free kicks and corners and with his versatility it's hard to bump him up much higher without him becoming too good.  But will keep an eye on it.

That does seem to be the case with Saville, I'll have a look and see if I can compare him to other players.

I think the wages are just about right - we have signed Watmore now (albeit probably on low wages) and we would have paid maybe 15-20k for Bolasie and perhaps only for him?  You could argue bumping it another 5-10k but I don't think it makes much difference.

Watmore should have just made the cut.

Thanks Phil. McNair seems to have similar stats to the likes of Clayton and Howson over the last few years (flat 12/13s across the board), when in retrospect he has been our standout player in terms of quality. Not sure what his CA is, but it should be the highest in our team. 

Fair enough about Watmore eating a chunk into the Bolaise wages. Do you think Jonny Howson is really on £25k per week after his contract extension during the summer? I did read from another source that was indeed correct, I just find it hard to believe we'd pay him so highly, only secondary to Assombalonga. 

I'll have another look later at the team, but everything else seems bang on. Good job!

2 hours ago, glenjamin said:

Thanks Phil. McNair seems to have similar stats to the likes of Clayton and Howson over the last few years (flat 12/13s across the board), when in retrospect he has been our standout player in terms of quality. Not sure what his CA is, but it should be the highest in our team. 

Fair enough about Watmore eating a chunk into the Bolaise wages. Do you think Jonny Howson is really on £25k per week after his contract extension during the summer? I did read from another source that was indeed correct, I just find it hard to believe we'd pay him so highly, only secondary to Assombalonga. 

I'll have another look later at the team, but everything else seems bang on. Good job!

Cheers - any feedback appreciated.  Yeah, I agree McNair is definitely going that way but he was inconsistent last year so I'd like to see him continue it for the rest of the season.  The only players rated higher than him currently are the new signings.  At the start of the season I would have said Fry should be our top player and he is currently level with McNair.

As I understand it Howson triggered his own option so wages remained the same.   He would certainly have had to take a cut if he was signing a new deal.

Sorry, ignore initial post re place of birth bug as should be on bugs forum. But might as well point out Michael Olise's POB can be changed to Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni, in French Guiana, rather than listed as unknown. 

Cheers for your work lads :thup:

Edited by bottlebank
Wrong forum
On 20/11/2020 at 11:16, lbowman6 said:

I added his youth coaching job in an update shortly before the final data deadline. His first-team coaching duties so far were just to cover Frankie McAvoy when he was self-isolating, but it does look like he might become a more permanent part of the first-team coaching set up. If that happens, we'll obviously look at that again in January.

Edited by pne_research