[England EFL Championship] Data Issues

On 11/11/2020 at 20:54, GriffiN94 said:

a few minor things for Bristol City: 

Adam Nagy history incorrect. He played 23 games last season and scored 1. It's currently down as 46 apps & 2 goals

Bentley should be first choice GK not backup, he played 43 out of 46 games last season and 10 out of 11 this season. O'Leary should be backup

Massengo's history is showing as joining City, then Monaco then City again

James Taylor is a defender not a midfielder.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/under-23s-squad/james-taylor-1/

https://www.bathcityfc.com/loan-player-news-tommy-conway-and-james-taylor/

Not convinced on the DoF role for Mark Ashton as he's officially a CEO and on the board but I understand why it's been done that way due to this involvement in transfers. Not sure how it's done at other clubs in the game

Thanks for this GriffiN94, really really useful.

With regard to Mark Ashton as DoF, I did initially set him as CEO, but this meant he had no impact in the game; he was essentially a background character. Given his importance in transfers for our club, and how he essentially acts as a DoF in real life, I felt it was best to take liberty with his job title and set him as DoF.

Edited by JoeMaggs
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/11/2020 at 23:18, hodge13 said:

Bristol City u18's

James Walker is a keeper

Thanks hodge13, I always find it difficult to find positional info on these first year scholars. Will get this amended.

On 12/11/2020 at 15:24, hodge13 said:

Local Journo a few years ago saying we have it, by reputation they only report what is definite

Also obvious one but we signed Mariappa 

Cheers - will get undersoil added in, surprised it wasn't already there; must have overlooked when I took over from the previous researcher.

Mariappa has been added into the database.

On 11/11/2020 at 23:23, hodge13 said:

Also to add for Bristol City a number of u18's have been featuring for the u23's this season, perhaps small bumps so they're at least the 'better' u18's? From teamsheets can see that Zak Bell has started the last few games at CB, played well enough for loans manager Brian Tinnion to tweet out a video of his performance, Joe Porton has played regularly, Alex Scott has been on the bench a few times, Prince Henry already good enough in game, Dylan Kadji has been on a few teamsheets, Harry Leeson has featured a couple of times, Khari Allen started today. 

Joe Porton is already up to the U23s in my test game, same with Alex Scott. Prince Henry has 5 star potential in my game so safe to say he's already highly enough rated! Overall I'm satisfied with the quality of the U18s at the moment, with so many of the U23s out on loan one could argue that the U18s are getting on the teamsheet, particularly on the bench, more through necessity.

14 minutes ago, JoeMaggs said:

Joe Porton is already up to the U23s in my test game, same with Alex Scott. Prince Henry has 5 star potential in my game so safe to say he's already highly enough rated! Overall I'm satisfied with the quality of the U18s at the moment, with so many of the U23s out on loan one could argue that the U18s are getting on the teamsheet, particularly on the bench, more through necessity.

Also factor in covid procedures. At Swansea we're often fielding mainly u18s sides in u23s matches because the lads with involvement in first team training can't go and mix with the academy groups every time. When your lot beat us 3-0 in September we had two first year scholars making their debuts in the starting lineup, not because they were ready for it but because they were all we had available for an away trip. 

1 hour ago, Brentford Alan said:

Marcondes will be because his natural position AMC which isnt a role used by BFC or Thomas Frank often (he has a good enough CM rating to be used there). I would suggest he's 'available' irl should a bid be made for him by someone in January as he's in the last year of his contract, so personally dont see it as an issue, we dont set transfer availability in the database.

Those 2 new contracts are in the release database.

I mean with me as manager of Brentford he is set as listed. Which I didn’t do and isn’t something you’d expect him to be regardless of position. 

He should have the same transfer status as all the other players in that case.

2 hours ago, UTT said:

Not always, as some nations force you to renounce original citizenship if you take theirs (E. G. China) 

This may be one for @amn to weigh in on, he will have a much better idea of how this sort of thing should be handled 

Joe Jacobson could for that matter apply for an Israeli nationality and would gain it immediately assuming he can provide proper documentation.

This is what Nick Blackman did when he came to play for Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

Having said that, to the best of my knowledge, Jacobson doesn't have an Israeli nationality and therefore according to the guidelines I was given, he should not have an Israeli nationality in the database.

33 minutes ago, kieransmith869 said:

I mean with me as manager of Brentford he is set as listed. Which I didn’t do and isn’t something you’d expect him to be regardless of position. 

He should have the same transfer status as all the other players in that case.

Take him off the transfer list, as I did when I started my save.

DERBY COUNTY:

Just wanna start by saying the player stats for Derby are very accurate and I'm not trying to undermine anyone who had an input on them - it's evident that they know a lot about the players at the club. Whether it's too late to make changes or not I just thought I'd share some thoughts on a few of the players.

Lee Buchanan: 11 Jumping Reach is far too low. He's only had an extended period in the first team this year, but he's already proven that he's an absolute freak in the air - the height he gets when jumping is incredible. Looking at just the defenders in the championship on whoscored.com, he's ranked 11th when it comes to aerial duels won per game (5.3). This is made even more impressive when you take into account his height - whoscored list him at 175cm, while the 10 defenders above him range between 198cm and 181cm. Solid numbers for someone under 6 feet tall.   https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/8304/Stages/18825/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2020-2021

Jason Knight: He had a number of games playing on the right hand side in a 4-2-3-1 last season, yet he has "no suitable best roles for this position" on FM. Footballcritic.com have got him as having played 11 out of his last 50 games at right attacking mid. https://www.footballcritic.com/jason-knight/player-positions/207049. In regards to stats, I truly believe his Stamina, Natural Fitness and Work Rate should all be 16+, his engine is absolutely phenomenal and I know any other Derby fan would attest to that because he literally never stops.

Martyn Waghorn: His only 2 goals this season have been direct free kicks, and they were absolute peaches too. Maybe I'm getting carried away but 13 Free Kick Taking seems low. 

Max Bird: 12 Leadership deserves to be increased. He's captained the club at just 19 years of age in pre-season and in the EFL cup, and at the time of this tweet was the youngest player to start as captain for their club in the 2020/21 season. Pretty sure he's also taken the armband in league matches when Rooney has been substituted, so he must have some strong leadership qualities to be entrusted with the captaincy at such a young age. https://twitter.com/FIVE__YARDS/status/1308398147182493696?s=20

Craig Forsyth: Should perhaps have an injury prone trait - he's had three major ACL injuries while at Derby (two in his right knee, one in his left knee). Just gonna slide my personal opinion in here - his defensive stats (including composure and decisions) definitely shouldn't be that high! 

Jack Stretton (under 23 squad): He's the top scorer in the Premier League 2 - Division 1, so maybe his stats deserve to be buffed a little as they seem a little thin. There's a lot of excitement about him and the entire under 23 squad from our fans, especially as they currently sit top of their league. Maybe that's asking a little much though, particularly as he hasn't played a first team game yet.

6 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

DERBY COUNTY:

Just wanna start by saying the player stats for Derby are very accurate and I'm not trying to undermine anyone who had an input on them - it's evident that they know a lot about the players at the club. Whether it's too late to make changes or not I just thought I'd share some thoughts on a few of the players.

Lee Buchanan: 11 Jumping Reach is far too low. He's only had an extended period in the first team this year, but he's already proven that he's an absolute freak in the air - the height he gets when jumping is incredible. Looking at just the defenders in the championship on whoscored.com, he's ranked 11th when it comes to aerial duels won per game (5.3). This is made even more impressive when you take into account his height - whoscored list him at 175cm, while the 10 defenders above him range between 198cm and 181cm. Solid numbers for someone under 6 feet tall.   https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/8304/Stages/18825/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2020-2021

Just to jump in with an explanation of how the JR attribute works, which is unique amongst the attributes we rate. Each height has 5 possible entries that can be made, so someone who is 6 foot (182-184cm) has 9 - poor, 10 - below av, 11 average, 12- above av, 13 - good, for example. Whereas the other attributes are on a 1 - worst to 20 - best scale. In Lee's case, taking the 175cm height figure as correct, he should actually have a maximum rating of 10 for good jumping (6 is poor, to 10 is good for his height range)!

I've probably worded that badly but hopefully you see my point, it's early still :)

8 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

DERBY COUNTY:

Thank you, @ForrestGrumpfor your kind words, I appreciate them. Also, thank you for sharing your thoughts, it's great to receive this level of constructive feedback. I'll respond player by player and apologies in advance where our subjective views may differ.

Before we get into the detail of Lee Buchanan, I just want to say that he was probably the most difficult Derby player to rate and assess ahead of FM21. I did give him a boost from FM20, but the big question was how much of a boost to give him? In the end, I went on the side of caution for the following reasons. Last season Buchanan had a massive opportunity at the start of the campaign to establish himself as the regular left-back, and was unable to take it. This season is similar, in that he's had an opportunity, and is starting to establish himself, but I wouldn't say he's established himself yet. I know you also mention Forsyth, but Cocu this season seemed to favour Buchanan as WBL when going with three centre-backs and Forsyth as DL  (who I know you've also mentioned and I'll come onto) when deploying the 4-2-3-1. 

We have Buchanan at 180 cms (5ft 11 inches). We currently have his  Jumping Reach at above average for his height. I agree with you about his jumping ability for his height (there was that photo doing the rounds the other day on either Twitter or dcfcfans that showed Buchanan hanging in the air, towering above everybody). I'll mention this to my Head Researcher to see if we can push his Jumping Reach up any. Moving forward, Buchanan is one I'll be keeping a very close eye on.

Jason Knight: He had a number of games playing on the right hand side in a 4-2-3-1 last season, yet he has "no suitable best roles for this position" on FM. Footballcritic.com have got him as having played 11 out of his last 50 games at right attacking mid. https://www.footballcritic.com/jason-knight/player-positions/207049. In regards to stats, I truly believe his Stamina, Natural Fitness and Work Rate should all be 16+, his engine is absolutely phenomenal and I know any other Derby fan would attest to that because he literally never stops.

Jason Knight is a cracking player and his progress under Phillip Cocu last season and this has been phenomenal. I know Knight has played AMR and AML (in fact he's started four games this season at AML) but I don't think he's anywhere near as effective out wide as he is through the centre and this season his performances improved significantly once Lawrence and Waghorn returned from injury and he could play more centrally. I have him as competent at AML and unconvincing at AMR which, I think, is fair right now. If Jozwiak, Lawrence, Waghorn, Ibe, Whittaker and Holmes are all fit, would you play Knight out wide over any of them? I wouldn't.

The comparisons with Bryson are there, I agree, and Knight is a bundle of energy. That said, I'm happy with his Stamina=15, Natural Fitness=15 and Work Rate=14 for now but, like Buchanan, Knight is one I'll be keeping a close eye on this season.

Martyn Waghorn: His only 2 goals this season have been direct free kicks, and they were absolute peaches too. Maybe I'm getting carried away but 13 Free Kick Taking seems low. 

Martyn Waghorn's two free-kicks were peaches as you quite rightly say and Waghorn, himself, says he's been working hard on his free-kicks with Rooney in training. I did push Waghorn's free-kick rating up a notch earlier this week, but it was too late to make it into the Beta.

Max Bird: 12 Leadership deserves to be increased. He's captained the club at just 19 years of age in pre-season and in the EFL cup, and at the time of this tweet was the youngest player to start as captain for their club in the 2020/21 season. Pretty sure he's also taken the armband in league matches when Rooney has been substituted, so he must have some strong leadership qualities to be entrusted with the captaincy at such a young age. https://twitter.com/FIVE__YARDS/status/1308398147182493696?s=20

Before I talk specifically about Max Bird, Derby themselves are lacking leaders right now, something the Sky TV commentary team and pundits have pointed out. After the Barnsley game, Ryan Conway of The Athletic mentioned that Rosenior was on the sidelines regularly encouraging the team to be more vocal. Bird has indeed captained the club at U23s and also the first-team on occasions, but he's captained the team in the absence of other senior leaders. Don't get me wrong, I think he can go onto to be the club captain in the future in my opinion, but not yet.

Having said that, Bird's leadership rating has him joint third of the players that were at the club last season (behind Rooney and Davies) which, leadership wise, puts him right there in the discussion. I was considering a possible change to Bird's leadership recently but, during Rooney's self-isolation, Davies (not Bird) got the armband against Huddersfield (and kept it until Rooney's return) so I decided to keep Bird's leadership value as it was.

Craig Forsyth: Should perhaps have an injury prone trait - he's had three major ACL injuries while at Derby (two in his right knee, one in his left knee). Just gonna slide my personal opinion in here - his defensive stats (including composure and decisions) definitely shouldn't be that high! 

Injuries are something I pay very close attention to. I keep a list of every injury a player picks up - not just the ones that cause them to miss games, but also the ones that cause them to be substituted, even if they are back playing again in the very next match. Each time I review the players (which is usually three times a season) I cross-reference the injury list I've compiled and adjust their Injury Proneness rating up or down accordingly. Since returning from his latest ACL, Forsyth has remained injury free and I've adjusted his Injury Proneness down in increments each review to its current level which, given his ACL history, is the lowest I'd take it to. This might sound a bit contradictory but, ACLs aside, Forsyth's injury record is very good as (a virus aside) I can't remember the last time he was out injured with anything other than an ACL.

I've been reducing Forsyth's defensive ratings over the last couple of seasons but, personally, I'm happy with where they are right now. Forsyth is a confidence player, who performs better in a settled back-line, and he notoriously starts a season slow and improves as the season progresses to establish himself as the regular starter by the end of the season - as he did again last season in seeing off Lowe and Malone. I agree, he hasn't been at his best this season, and I have taken that into account, but with the back-line chopping and changing all the time, not only in terms of personnel, but also system, I've given him the benefit of the doubt.

Jack Stretton (under 23 squad): He's the top scorer in the Premier League 2 - Division 1, so maybe his stats deserve to be buffed a little as they seem a little thin. There's a lot of excitement about him and the entire under 23 squad from our fans, especially as they currently sit top of their league. Maybe that's asking a little much though, particularly as he hasn't played a first team game yet.

You are right, not only are Derby U23s top of Premier League 2 - Division 1, but Jack Stretton is the top goalscorer in the league. He's looked very impressive in his first season as part of the U23 squad. I've watched all the U23 games that have been streamed on RamsTV and been very impressed with him.  I did fill out most of his player attributes earlier this week, as well as giving him another boost, but it was too late to make it into the Beta. Stretton looks to have what it takes, but he also has strikers Duncan and Hector-Ingram ahead of him in the pecking order, all three looking to break into the first-team squad. Assessing young strikers is always a tricky one, especially when they are scoring goals for fun in the U23s, because that doesn't guarantee they can do it at first-team level (remember Callum Ball?).

Thanks again for taking the time to share your considered thoughts, it is very much appreciated.

Edited by Stuniverse
corrected typos
2 hours ago, Brentford Alan said:

Just to jump in with an explanation of how the JR attribute works, which is unique amongst the attributes we rate. Each height has 5 possible entries that can be made, so someone who is 6 foot (182-184cm) has 9 - poor, 10 - below av, 11 average, 12- above av, 13 - good, for example. Whereas the other attributes are on a 1 - worst to 20 - best scale. In Lee's case, taking the 175cm height figure as correct, he should actually have a maximum rating of 10 for good jumping (6 is poor, to 10 is good for his height range)!

Thank you for clarifying this, @Brentford Alan. It was the one stat that, pardon the pun, jumped out at me as being low, but it makes far more sense now.

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Before we get into the detail of Lee Buchanan, I just want to say that he was probably the most difficult Derby player to rate and assess ahead of FM21. I did give him a boost from FM20, but the big question was how much of a boost to give him? In the end, I went on the side of caution for the following reasons. Last season Buchanan had a massive opportunity at the start of the campaign to establish himself as the regular left-back, and was unable to take it. This season is similar, in that he's had an opportunity, and is starting to establish himself, but I wouldn't say he's established himself yet. I know you also mention Forsyth, but Cocu this season seemed to favour Buchanan as WBL when going with three centre-backs and Forsyth as DL  (who I know you've also mentioned and I'll come onto) when deploying the 4-2-3-1. 

The stats are spot on for where Buchanan is at in his career at present. I think one of the reasons Cocu persisted with the 3-4-3 was because both Buchanan and Byrne are stronger going forward than they are in defence, and that playing 4 at the back would not only limit their attacking nature but maybe also expose them defensively. It's definitely Lee's place to take hold of, but it will be interesting to see if he can handle the extra defensive duties required when playing 4 at the back. 

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Jason Knight is a cracking player and his progress under Phillip Cocu last season and this has been phenomenal. I know Knight has played AMR and AML (in fact he's started four games this season at AML) but I don't think he's anywhere near as effective out wide as he is through the centre and this season his performances improved significantly once Lawrence and Waghorn returned from injury and he could play more centrally. I have him as competent at AML and unconvincing at AMR which, I think, is fair right now. If Jozwiak, Lawrence, Waghorn, Ibe, Whittaker and Holmes are all fit, would you play Knight out wide over any of them? I wouldn't.

I think my point regarding Jason Knight was born purely out of frustration during the early stages of playing the Beta, when I had 5 of the aforementioned wingers out injured and needed someone to fill in for a couple of games. He's definitely more effective through the middle, and his current form and partnership with Graeme Shinnie has essentially forced Max Bird out of central midfield. While I wouldn't have him starting ahead of any of those wingers, I personally believe he is more competent on the right than on the left, but equally I think he's one of those players that could play anywhere on the pitch and still do a job.

2 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

(remember Callum Ball?).

I do! I truly thought he was going to be the next big thing for us, he looked a real handful at such a young age and it was a real shame that things didn't work out for him. Same can be said for Giles Barnes and Mason Bennett too, as they never lived up to their potentials either. I hope that going forward we change to a system that can accommodate Louie Sibley so that the same doesn't happen to him too, because I think he could be something special.

Hopefully Stretton and Duncan can make a push for the senior squad this season, and I'd love for Whittaker to really make a name for himself too (he's been phenomenal for me in the Beta). With the squad we have there are plenty of opportunities there for the young lads this season, especially the forwards. 

Thanks for your response, @Stuniverse, I appreciate your insight. I'm having a lot of fun with my Derby save, and fairing a lot better than Phillip Cocu did with this squad, managing to win the championship in my first season. Maybe I'll take my CV down to Pride Park and apply for the current vacancy!

A few minor things about Bristol City maybe, most of the stats are very good, and I like the fact that Weimanns highest stats are work rate based...

Both Weimann and Paterson have played central midfield across the last few months, maybe making that accomplished or at least competent for Weimann. AW hasn't played striker for a while either.

Tommy Rowe has filled in at centre Half a few times, maybe making him makeshift or competent there

Sam Pearson does have welsh youth caps, Ayman Benarous has youth England caps.

Would maybe say that Taylor Moore being 2nd best cb at the club is a slight overrating 

An argument for Paterson being completely two footed - he has taken left footed corners this season

If injuries are meant to include those from the start of this season and pre season then Nathan Baker should be out till Christmas, Weimann should've done his ACL,  Walsh should have a groin strain out for a similar amount of time to Williams.

Louis Britton is also on loan at stockport 

I think overall attributes are fairly accurate, interested to Hear feedback

5 minutes ago, swansongs said:

Sam Pearson (cracking player) has played for Wales u19s but doesn't have any u21s caps yet, which is the only youth grade we record data for.

ah ok , cheers.

that would be the same case for benarous

Edited by BilboBCFC

Bournemouth player Dinesh Gillela only has Indian as a nationality however his place of birth states Camberley (England) so should have English as a second nationality.

makes him pretty much unsignable post Brexit.

On 14/11/2020 at 13:41, amn said:

Joe Jacobson could for that matter apply for an Israeli nationality and would gain it immediately assuming he can provide proper documentation.

This is what Nick Blackman did when he came to play for Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

Having said that, to the best of my knowledge, Jacobson doesn't have an Israeli nationality and therefore according to the guidelines I was given, he should not have an Israeli nationality in the database.

Thanks for your help there amn.

9 hours ago, Yer Maw said:

Bournemouth player Dinesh Gillela only has Indian as a nationality however his place of birth states Camberley (England) so should have English as a second nationality.

makes him pretty much unsignable post Brexit.

Confused by this - his first nationality is definitely set as English, second nationality Indian.

On 13/11/2020 at 21:18, Manager25 said:

For preston north end shouldn't peter ridsdale be put into the game as his role is very similar to that of a director of football and i believe his ban on football roles is now over also according wikipedia prior to his ban from football he was chairman at teams like leeds and barnsley and this is clearly distinguishable from what was his job at preston which was chairman of football which seems pretty similar to a DoF his current job title as advisor to owner is still essentially that job role just a different name

He is in the database but he's not been featured in the PNE data itself, presumably because he didn't previously have an official role at the club other than "advisor to Trevor Hemmings". If that changes now that his ban is over, then I'm sure he'll be added at some point soon.

Thanks for posting that. It was a mistake in Lamouchi's non-playing history. I've fixed that for release, and also set him as manager for Al-Duhail in Qatar, as per his recent appointment there.

13 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

Confused by this - his first nationality is definitely set as English, second nationality Indian.

Very odd, starting my second season he is declared for India with a handful of caps, While English isn’t listed in the nationality part just his place of birth.

think that answers how he got a work permit for another British club.

I can post a screen shot in a different part of the forum if it may be a different issue, because as far as I was aware when a player declares/is already declared for a nation his other nationalities still show up.

Edited by Yer Maw
1 hour ago, pazzyboi said:

Club: Derby County

Player: Scott Carson

Issue: His loan agreement seems to be set as first-choice goalkeeper at Manchester City, I'm getting regular emails recommending that I ask Pep to bench Ederson for him :D 

I’m not sure how this works, or if it’s even a data issue, as we don’t set the expected loan playing time in the database. Any ideas @Sean Blinkhorn @Pete Sottrel @Dean Gripton ?

Edited by Stuniverse
On 15/11/2020 at 13:54, BilboBCFC said:

A few minor things about Bristol City maybe, most of the stats are very good, and I like the fact that Weimanns highest stats are work rate based...

Both Weimann and Paterson have played central midfield across the last few months, maybe making that accomplished or at least competent for Weimann. AW hasn't played striker for a while either.

Tommy Rowe has filled in at centre Half a few times, maybe making him makeshift or competent there

Would maybe say that Taylor Moore being 2nd best cb at the club is a slight overrating 

An argument for Paterson being completely two footed - he has taken left footed corners this season

If injuries are meant to include those from the start of this season and pre season then Nathan Baker should be out till Christmas, Weimann should've done his ACL,  Walsh should have a groin strain out for a similar amount of time to Williams.

Thanks for your feedback BilboBCFC, really useful.

Paterson is listed as about three-quarters natural for CM, which I believe to be fair. With regard to Rowe, in all honesty I'm really not too convinced about his abilities at centre-back; I'd like to give it a few more months before I recommend him to have any particular competency in that area. And with Weimann, similar thing - yes he played there, but it's a relatively new position for him, and I don't think I've seen enough to recommend any real ability, particularly as he's now out injured so no chance to assess for a while. I don't think he's lost his ability as a striker simply for not playing there either.

Will get Sam Pearson's recent debut for Wales U21 added & will get Ayman listed as having played Youth for England, thanks.

Strictly speaking Taylor Moore is rated lower than Mawson, Kalas and Mariappa, but above Baker, which I believe to be fair, particularly with Baker's inconsistencies.

Jamie Paterson has a fair amount of left-footed ability recorded, so I'm happy with that.

Walsh & Williams' injuries are in the database; Weimann's & Baker's occurred too late to make it.

You're right about Britton - I've got a niggling feeling I made a note to get that in and then completely forgot, thanks.

8 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

Thanks for posting that. It was a mistake in Lamouchi's non-playing history. I've fixed that for release, and also set him as manager for Al-Duhail in Qatar, as per his recent appointment there.

I can remember submitting that, but, I think I may have deleted it.. 

1 hour ago, BenW. said:

Don't know which thread is exactly the best place to put this as he currently doesn't have a club, but his last club was Barnsley.

Bambo Diaby is available to sign and play in my game from the start, however he's banned from all football activity until 16 January 2022.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barnsley-bambo-diaby-drugs-ban-22806720

Thanks for pointing this out.

@Dean Gripton any thoughts on this? I've just checked and the global ban is set until 2022, he is eligible to sign (which I suppose is fine) but he is also eligible to play competitive games in England, in my test.

2 hours ago, JoeMaggs said:

Will get Sam Pearson's recent debut for Wales U21 added & will get Ayman listed as having played Youth for England, thanks.

I was wrong there he did make his u21s debut (a 5-0 defeat would have purged from my memory had it been available to watch) but it was in October so isn't included in our international caps ahead of FM21's start dates. August is the cutoff.

Scott Wara (28110779) has 1 cap for Fiji, making his debut on 05/09/2018 vs. Solomon Islands. Would also be reasonable to declare him, as he's played consistently since then in official FIFA tournaments for the U23s and has verbally committed himself in the past.

Quick comment about Adam Idah and Sebastian Soto at Norwich. Not sure if they need their reputation or CA/PA improving but they don't seem to be receiving many international call ups on the game compared to real life.

Since the start of the season, Idah has received 5 caps for Ireland, while Soto has 1 cap and 2 goals for USA (was also called up by Chile but rejected it). However in the game, I've holidayed until the start of 22/23 three times and Idah only collected 3 caps twice, 0 caps the other time. While Soto never earns a cap for USA or Chile, which suggests they're underrated on the game. Idah also seems to start the game in Norwich U23, when irl he's second choice ahead of Hugill.

Hopefully a few tweaks can be made to improve the players to prevent this from happening, as it makes no sense how they finish with fewer caps from 2 full seasons on the game, compared to the past few months irl.

Not a huge issue but it does make the game feel unrealistic while playing. 

2 hours ago, canaryyellow said:

Quick comment about Adam Idah and Sebastian Soto at Norwich. Not sure if they need their reputation or CA/PA improving but they don't seem to be receiving many international call ups on the game compared to real life.

Since the start of the season, Idah has received 5 caps for Ireland, while Soto has 1 cap and 2 goals for USA (was also called up by Chile but rejected it). However in the game, I've holidayed until the start of 22/23 three times and Idah only collected 3 caps twice, 0 caps the other time. While Soto never earns a cap for USA or Chile, which suggests they're underrated on the game. Idah also seems to start the game in Norwich U23, when irl he's second choice ahead of Hugill.

Hopefully a few tweaks can be made to improve the players to prevent this from happening, as it makes no sense how they finish with fewer caps from 2 full seasons on the game, compared to the past few months irl.

Not a huge issue but it does make the game feel unrealistic while playing. 

Thats normally a reputation issue, and, I'm sure its something the Norwich researcher will be working on alongside the Head Researchers (they have the final say, so that we don't get another To Madeira issue)

2 hours ago, henderj said:

Hope this is the right place to post. Sheff Wednesdays away shirts are too light, they are much darker in real life, more like the sock colour in game.

FM21.PNG.dd7eaff4e47a3386065ee9feabe7b6a7.PNGIRL.PNG.a93edafa82fe964c43963bb153867f01.PNG

I can't say anything about the 3D kits (Thats a different area to the research team), but, the colours are correct on the DB for the away kit.

A couple of very minor things with Huddersfield:
 - The clubs record sale is out of date, as it is still listed as Tom Ince to Stoke in July 2018 for £10m, when Billing (Bournemouth) and Grant (West Brom) have both moved for more than that since - both £15m according to their in game player histories.
 - Pipa (RB) has 2 (3 depending on data cut off - 8 Oct '20 vs Faroes) Spain U21 Caps

Queens Park Rangers, 

Academy - Chris Ramsey is the Technical director of the Academy, while also being a first team coach

Academy - Alex Carroll is the Academy Director

U23's - Kadir Colakoglu is not a coach at QPR and was only at the club as a volunteer 

U23's - Matthew Whittson - Physio no longer works at the club 

U23's - Ross Bennet is not the U23's Sport scientist, his actual title is Head of Academy Performance but mainly oversees the U18's with another Full time member of staff.

U23's - Joshua Adebayo is the only Physio at 23's (actualy title is Head of Academy Medicine)  but they now have 2 U18's Physio's who support 23's when needed they are - 

U18's - Toby Ramsbottom - Physio 
U18's - Marie Grant - Physio 

U18's - Kwesi Casely-hayford is no longer a coach at QPR and was never with the U18's 

U18's - Harry Cutler is not the U18's coach he works with the U10's. (Never been involved with the older age groups)

U18's - Ben Wakefield - Left the club 3 years ago 

U18's - Kiran Jaswal is the U23's Performance analyst (for the past 3 years)

U18's - Max Squires is the U18's Performance analyst (Leading the U18's - U9's Programme for the past 3 years)

U18's - Joe Morrissey full time supports the U18's and U15's Programme as a Performance analyst for the past 2 years

U23's - Jordan Nyang full time support the U23's and U16's Programme as a Performance Analyst for the past 2 years

U18's - Ben Smalley full time Sport scientist for the U18's.

if you need more information I can provide a contact at the club to confirm but cannot post that email here

Cheers

Just a few for Coventry City:

Gustavo Hamer is down as ‘Guga’ in game. I can see an article online referring to him as this but he has simply ‘Hamer’ on his shirt. 

Jay McGrath is down as 16 years old. He’s a second year scholar at the club and was 17 when he signed. https://www.ccfc.co.uk/teams/Under-23s/defender/jay-mcgrath/

I believe Thai Duggan was released/left the club. He’s down as a second year scholar on the game but is no longer on the clubs website and hasn’t played since 2019. 

Aaron Evans-Harriott is a winger or midfielder, not a striker. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-aaron-evans-harriott-17852926.amp

Edited by CCFC1994

Not too sure where to put this one as he is a free agent so apologies if there is a better place to post.

Former Bristol City player George Dowling (29158242) is in game as a free agent but he was jailed earlier this year for 28 months. Assume he needs a 'ban' adding for the duration of his sentence? 

49 minutes ago, Connor Henderson said:

Preston Ben Pearson height is currently 166cm on the beta, however its actually 175cm. I think this may have affected his heading and jumping reach as these seem very low for him. Thanks for all your work this year.

Pearson's jumping reach at 9 is actually above average for a player of his height.

I have amended the height in the Release database, but the jumping reach is not required to be changed.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, danieljberastegui said:

In my Bournemouth save, a clause that should be cashed before (Leeds gaines promotion last season) is still activated.

image.png.27c7f0587bbf90d3032463636319f64b.png

Thanks - have deleted that O'Kane clause.

11 hours ago, DaveAzzopardi said:

Not too sure where to put this one as he is a free agent so apologies if there is a better place to post.

Former Bristol City player George Dowling (29158242) is in game as a free agent but he was jailed earlier this year for 28 months. Assume he needs a 'ban' adding for the duration of his sentence? 

Thanks Dave - wasn't aware of that news story. I have ensured he won't be included in the Release database.

1 hour ago, Dean Gripton said:

Pearson's jumping reach at 9 is actually above average for a player of his height.

I have amended the height in the Release database, but the jumping reach is not required to be changed.

Thanks.

Thanks for making the amendment Dean, and thanks Connor for pointing it out. The PNE official site has him at 174cm.

15 hours ago, CCFC1994 said:

Just a few for Coventry City:

Gustavo Hamer is down as ‘Guga’ in game. I can see an article online referring to him as this but he has simply ‘Hamer’ on his shirt. 

Jay McGrath is down as 16 years old. He’s a second year scholar at the club and was 17 when he signed. https://www.ccfc.co.uk/teams/Under-23s/defender/jay-mcgrath/

I believe Thai Duggan was released/left the club. He’s down as a second year scholar on the game but is no longer on the clubs website and hasn’t played since 2019. 

Aaron Evans-Harriott is a winger or midfielder, not a striker. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-aaron-evans-harriott-17852926.amp

I've updated what there is proof for.

Duggan could be injured? Until we have confirmation he's left, I'll have to leave him in.

14 hours ago, silentwars said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Joe Worrall was in the Forest U23's when I took them over. He's one of the best centre backs at the club and was been heavily linked with Burnley over the summer. Should be in the first team.

I've played around with the reputations here. However, it's probably down to the club signing loads of DCs in the summer that pushes him down into the U23s. Silly oversized squad.

On 15/11/2020 at 13:54, BilboBCFC said:

Thanks - I'll amend as appropriate (eg Britton loan is a short-term on which we won't be including.)

Injuries are put in the database for the dates they occur.

On 16/11/2020 at 13:00, pazzyboi said:

Club: Derby County

Player: Scott Carson

Issue: His loan agreement seems to be set as first-choice goalkeeper at Manchester City, I'm getting regular emails recommending that I ask Pep to bench Ederson for him :D 

Thanks for reporting that. Needs to go in here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/809-all-other-gameplay/.

The database has correctly set Carson on loan. We do not set him being a first-choice goalkeeper as part of the loan agreement - we don't set that detail. That the loan sends you an incorrect message isn't about the data, it's about the way the loan is being interpreted.