[England EFL Championship] Data Issues

Bloomfield is set as Wycombe captain in the database. However, there is a bug involved as he is a player/coach which has caused him to be overlooked in the game. I understand that issue is being fixed.

Kashket's CA had not been amended to match some attribute changes, so that's been done for the Release too. I've had a further look at the squad and made some minor changes.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

Bloomfield is set as Wycombe captain in the database. However, there is a bug involved as he is a player/coach which has caused him to be overlooked in the game. I understand that issue is being fixed.

Kashket's CA had not been amended to match some attribute changes, so that's been done for the Release too. I've had a further look at the squad and made some minor changes.

Thank you Dean this is greatly appreciated! 

Couple of thoughts on Coventry CIty

No vice captain listed, should be Kyle McFadzdean or Matt Godden. 

Ben Sheaf loan deal has an "obligation to buy if certain criteria are met" [https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventry-city-transfers-ben-sheaf-18877523] - may be hard to put these "criteria" in game, so perhaps an "option" to buy would be better on FM. £750k the rumoured fee. 

2 hours ago, QPRSteve said:

Osman Kakay at QPR has a rating of "unconvincing" for the centre back position yet he played in a back three last season a few times to good effect.  I think his rating for this position should be improved.

Hey @QPRSteve

Reasonable thing to flag - will look at bumping him to competent for a future data update. I believe he only played 3 or 4 BCD games there and while, as you say, he was good it's not a huge sample size. Can only really see him playing on the right of a back 3 unlike, say, Furlong who looked accomplished at CB even in a back 4. Also worth seeing how he plays at RCB and/or he responds well to being trained there.

Cheers,

Julius

Watford:

Will Hughes is down as UNA (unavailable to play club football to 9th October due to medical reasons) should be injured with knee injury

Christian Kabasele is a 3 star striker in the Watford normal squad (I know he played there before he was professional but seems very high?)

a few minor things for Bristol City: 

Adam Nagy history incorrect. He played 23 games last season and scored 1. It's currently down as 46 apps & 2 goals

Bentley should be first choice GK not backup, he played 43 out of 46 games last season and 10 out of 11 this season. O'Leary should be backup

Massengo's history is showing as joining City, then Monaco then City again

James Taylor is a defender not a midfielder.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/under-23s-squad/james-taylor-1/

https://www.bathcityfc.com/loan-player-news-tommy-conway-and-james-taylor/

Not convinced on the DoF role for Mark Ashton as he's officially a CEO and on the board but I understand why it's been done that way due to this involvement in transfers. Not sure how it's done at other clubs in the game

Edited by GriffiN94

Thanks GriffiN94.

Nagy had a duplicate history added in error - it's been deleted now so will be right for the Release.

Massengo's history also tidied up.

I did discuss the goalkeepers with Joe (the researcher) last week - too late to make it for the beta. O'Leary was considered a little overcooked, and with a few tweaks we are now happier with the goalkeeper hierarchy. Again, that will be right for the Release.

Will get James Taylor updated.

42 minutes ago, bastie said:

Watford:

Will Hughes is down as UNA (unavailable to play club football to 9th October due to medical reasons) should be injured with knee injury

Christian Kabasele is a 3 star striker in the Watford normal squad (I know he played there before he was professional but seems very high?)

His injury was originally undisclosed, hence "medical reasons".

Couple of things I've noticed while quickly scanning Sheffield Wednesday in the transfer clauses section.

Manuel Hidalgo has a duplicate 15% sell on clause to Triestina. Not sure if that's a display issue or I'd get done for 30% if I sell him :D 

Josh Windass has a 20% sell on clause to Rangers, but we signed him from Wigan not Rangers.

8 hours ago, Craig_R.U.F.C said:

Hey mate! 

- Those clauses should be removed? I'm sure I made that edit. @Dean Gripton could clarify for me though.

- I agree this should be changed to runs down the right. Thanks for the spot!

- Wood - Could be down to the amount of players that can play CB & coinsiders his age? Not sure.

- Lindsay - I didn't upgrade Lindsay as at the time didn't deem warranted(comparing to last season's performances). I understand he's been one of our best performing players this season & right now he's listed as the 4th best midfielder behind Wiles, Crooks & Barlaser which i beleive is true.

- Sadlier - I agree with this statment.  Will see if I can get it added in.

- Ladapo - He's had an increase on last year. Where Ladapo lacks is his decision's & goes missing a lot in games. The ratings are mainly from last season and i'm sure you will agree they have both been poor so far this season. So for now I'll leave them the same. 

- Price & Vickers moves were done a bit ago & will show up when the games fully released.

Again, appreciate the feedback(Something which I don't see enough of being little old Rotherham) so keep it coming! 

Craig.

Thanks for the response.  I agree on Lindsay and I'm biased on him.  I think he's brilliant but going off last seasons performers and the fact he is 4th choice, it makes sense though in my head he's as good as Barlaser :lol:.  Same with Freddie, he looks like Freddie and the stats I'd expect and I just thought Smith looked bloody good :lol:.  Yeah they have all been poor so far, Freddies been the best of a bad bunch so far so I'd agree that there isn't a big enough sample to be able to change anything.  Also, with Harding being able to play at CB, that makes MacDonald, Ikky, Robertson, Tilt(even if he's out on loan), Thompson, Harding and then Wood so I guess it make sense the game thinks he's unneeded.

It's cool, I appreciate the effort you put in so I can play as The Millers every year :D.  Even our balance looks good and the budget makes perfect sense since we've gone out and spent this summer.    Just gotta wait 'til release day.  I'll have another random check tomorrow incase anything else has been missed but it looked good :thup:.

Edited by SpillBlood

Also to add for Bristol City a number of u18's have been featuring for the u23's this season, perhaps small bumps so they're at least the 'better' u18's? From teamsheets can see that Zak Bell has started the last few games at CB, played well enough for loans manager Brian Tinnion to tweet out a video of his performance, Joe Porton has played regularly, Alex Scott has been on the bench a few times, Prince Henry already good enough in game, Dylan Kadji has been on a few teamsheets, Harry Leeson has featured a couple of times, Khari Allen started today. 

18 hours ago, Manager25 said:

Not sure if it counts as it was slightly after the transfer window https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/october/pne-duo-join-bamber-bridge/

Also a longshot perhaps an upgrade for jacob holland wilkinson and joe rodwell grant as they are getting fairly descent loan moves for their age group to chorley, lancaster and Bamber bridge perhaps suggesting they are seen highly by club hierarchy 

They were left out because they were only short term loans, although if that's a mistake I'm sure one of the head researchers can sort it.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on how JHW and JRG progress - they definitely seem to be bright prospects. Depending on how their loan spells go there'll be a chance to re-evaulate them in January,

On 10/11/2020 at 23:20, Dean Gripton said:

You're looking at a Forest data file that is old, because you are looking at the BETA. We've been working on the data in the last two weeks, and have now hard-coded Hefele and Clough to be in the u23s.

With Forest having such a massive squad (or ordinary players) someone will get placed in the U23s. We're still tweaking the data to ensure the best balance,. Thanks for your observations, @GaribaldiRed and @Glenroy.

We'll work in-house in sorting them out for the Release version of the game.

However, phrases like "Worrall's stats are the same as they were three years ago" are plain wrong. Posts that use such nonsense will be deleted from here on in. Worrall appears in the first-team in the savegame I have loaded up from this morning's latest build, so he'll be fine in the Release.

Colback wages. Wages are down across the board this year.

Ioannou - was rated by the Cypriot researchers. We havent seen enough of him to go increasing his attributes by the necessary amount to get him a start. 

Soh - seems quite fairly rated for a 19-year-old with only five league career appearances. He's got huge potential, also evident in the database. Play the game and develop him, he'll do fine for you.

The sheer size of the squad and the wage bill means the AI wants to loan a few out.

Hi Dean/Rob, is Matty Cash going to/has been reworked/altered as part of this work? @robterrace

Edited by Rags89

Will Hughes (Watford) is unavailable due to medical reasons but isn’t injured. He has missed the first portion of the season through injury, but it is odd that it is listed incorrectly (I have just realised this has been posted above). Also Tom Dele Bashiru isn’t injured, but in real life has an ACL injury and is supposed to be out for 6-8 months. The next issue is a game wide issue, but I thought I may as well post all in one. When you searching the player database and want to select certain attributes, you can no longer see what is important for each role. 

Edited by Oli Brooker

Thanks for joining the forum and reporting your issues, Oli Brooker.

Dele-Bashiru got injured during this season (in the recent game at Reading) so that injury is not included at game start-up.

For your player search issue, please post in the User Interface forum -https://community.sigames.com/forum/803-user-interface/.

On 10/11/2020 at 22:17, Dean Gripton said:

Undersoil - will need to research that further

Local Journo a few years ago saying we have it, by reputation they only report what is definite

Also obvious one but we signed Mariappa 

19 minutes ago, thedaddy2011 said:

Kristian Pedersen at Birmingham has his first cap for Denmark

Which he won during this 2020/21 season, so it isn't shown, because it happened after the FM21 season started.

19 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

But what does the affiliation actually do? AFCB have said nothing in that link.

From official Facebook page of Nk Celje is stated that they concluded a strategic cooperation, which includes, the exchange of experiences and the cooperation of both youth centers

1 minute ago, 5r7 said:

Wycombe - Akinfenwa's strength is 19...c'mon, lets not be silly, he should be the only 20 strength in the game!

Attributes are a gauge of how well they deploy that ability on the pitch. While overall strength is of course of a contributing factor the most poignant example is that time Usain Bolt decided to give football a go. In a lot of instances on the pitch, he didn't look overly fast because he lacked the ability and understanding to put it to use in a footballing context. 

It's going to need a better argument to warrant a change, especially given how little impact a change of 1 would have on him in the game.

3 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Attributes are a gauge of how well they deploy that ability on the pitch. While overall strength is of course of a contributing factor the most poignant example is that time Usain Bolt decided to give football a go. In a lot of instances on the pitch, he didn't look overly fast because he lacked the ability and understanding to put it to use in a footballing context. 

It's going to need a better argument to warrant a change, especially given how little impact a change of 1 would have on him in the game.

...what a strange argument...Bolt is a sprinter, who decided to give footy a go (and he isnt a very good player)....Akinfenwa is a seasoned professional footballer of 20 years!, who massively uses his strength to his advantage in holding up play, bringing in players, and shrugging off defenders!? To try and argue for him being anything other than a 20 is mind boggling...next you will be saying Firminos defensive stats(that make him better than most defenders are A ok!

And yet an attribute of 19 lets him do all those things perfectly fine. So again it comes back to, given how little impact a change of 1 would have, it's got to be a better reasoning if you want a researcher to react to it. The fact its 19 in the first place as you're saying would suggest the researcher doesn't agree.

My sole interest is in trying to make sure people are posting in a way that gives researchers something to work with. I don't actually care enough to offer my personal opinion on Akinfenwa either way because I've barely seen him play.

Someone's got to be 20 or else why have a 20 point scale? Bit like the argument in the PL thread that Ward Prowse doesn't need more than 16 when he's renowned for his delivery. Akinfenwa is "The big strong guy" of football. Seems silly to only have 19 strength. Are we anticipating someone bigger?

On 11/11/2020 at 09:20, santy001 said:

@HuckerbyFinn the FFP projection isn't a data aspect. It's not always capable of including all incomings across the course of a season in my experience. I'd maybe suggest seeing where you end up at the end of year one. Could be a bug issue rather than a research issue depending on exactly what happens.

@santy001 I think I've spotted one potential issue. In game the club has £14m of debt - per autumn AGM IRL figure stands at £2.5 https://files.canaries.co.uk/canaries/ARG2020.pdf

From local reporters, the sense has been that the sale of Jamal Lewis covered the Covid related losses to income projected for this year in the Championship, and the Ben Godfrey sale covered player already brought.

33 minutes ago, HuckerbyFinn said:

@santy001 I think I've spotted one potential issue. In game the club has £14m of debt - per autumn AGM IRL figure stands at £2.5 https://files.canaries.co.uk/canaries/ARG2020.pdf

From local reporters, the sense has been that the sale of Jamal Lewis covered the Covid related losses to income projected for this year in the Championship, and the Ben Godfrey sale covered player already brought.

That financial report has not long been out. We're updating the finances accordingly.

12 hours ago, BenW. said:

Jodi Jones of Coventry suffered another cruciate knee ligament injury in early September - what was the cut-off date for injuries to be added? Sure I saw it was late September in the Premier League data thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54094886

That's already been added to the database.

On 11/11/2020 at 20:31, bastie said:

Watford:

He says he would still go upfront given the opportunity: 

(also note handsome interviewer)

Jay Dasilva declared to play for Wales in my file, I've seen online places saying he has Welsh heritage but seems a bit of a snap choice given he played England age group all the way up and has only just moved out of age group football.

For preston north end shouldn't peter ridsdale be put into the game as his role is very similar to that of a director of football and i believe his ban on football roles is now over also according wikipedia prior to his ban from football he was chairman at teams like leeds and barnsley and this is clearly distinguishable from what was his job at preston which was chairman of football which seems pretty similar to a DoF his current job title as advisor to owner is still essentially that job role just a different name

Edited by Manager25
3 hours ago, hodge13 said:

Jay Dasilva declared to play for Wales in my file, I've seen online places saying he has Welsh heritage but seems a bit of a snap choice given he played England age group all the way up and has only just moved out of age group football.

The Dasilvas are a headache. Cole has played for Wales age groups so older brother Jay also qualifies, as does Cole's twin Rio. See below tweet for Cole's fab training kit.

Josh Dasilva is English/Angolan and not related. I've mixed him up with the others before. Until Jay actually gets a senior cap for England he's not declared and can still turn to Wales, although I have pressured Dean/Pete into locking down some dual-qualified Wales youngsters for us in the past (like London lad Robbie Burton). Sometimes facts have to give way to find truth, and the truth is Jay has never shown interest in Wales (similar to Karl Darlow who also gets called up in game).

I believe joe jacobson of wycombe should be eligible for israel due to being of jewish faith.israel seem to have laws about granting citizenship to people due to being of that faith

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/joe-jacobson-i-dont-think-about-religion-i-just-get-on-with-the-football-793196.html%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjFyobtyoHtAhWKilwKHYbACTEQFjACegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2-bAEjibnovVMxbnWZqpuQ&ampcf=1

Israeli law about citizenship:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/aboutisrael/state/pages/acquisition%2520of%2520israeli%2520nationality.aspx%23:~:text%3DThe%2520Law%2520of%2520Return%2520(1950,a%2520member%2520of%2520another%2520religion.&ved=2ahUKEwj9ten_yoHtAhUdTxUIHbcKDicQFjABegQIBxAE&usg=AOvVaw1PbK-ECVcn47qVadqQKNE7

59 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Has he actually taken on Israeli citizenship?

I don't actually know but it is essentially the same as somebody with parents from a foreign county they may not currently have the citizenship right away but they could claim it just as easily similar to that of ola aina who is from london with nigerian parents but when he declared for nigeria he still had to claim nigerian citizenship due to not having it previously due to his heritage it was a straight forward  process

Brentford

Emiliano Marcondes seems to be transfer listed when you start the game which is not the case. Had it on every new game so far. Also only has 1 year remaining so makes it hard to get him to renew. 

Also Josh Da Silva and Ethan Pinnock have both signed new long term deals, but may have come after the restart. 

49 minutes ago, Manager25 said:

I don't actually know but it is essentially the same as somebody with parents from a foreign county they may not currently have the citizenship right away but they could claim it just as easily similar to that of ola aina who is from london with nigerian parents but when he declared for nigeria he still had to claim nigerian citizenship due to not having it previously due to his heritage it was a straight forward  process

Not always, as some nations force you to renounce original citizenship if you take theirs (E. G. China) 

This may be one for @amn to weigh in on, he will have a much better idea of how this sort of thing should be handled 

40 minutes ago, kieransmith869 said:

Brentford

Emiliano Marcondes seems to be transfer listed when you start the game which is not the case. Had it on every new game so far. Also only has 1 year remaining so makes it hard to get him to renew. 

Also Josh Da Silva and Ethan Pinnock have both signed new long term deals, but may have come after the restart. 

Marcondes will be because his natural position AMC which isnt a role used by BFC or Thomas Frank often (he has a good enough CM rating to be used there). I would suggest he's 'available' irl should a bid be made for him by someone in January as he's in the last year of his contract, so personally dont see it as an issue, we dont set transfer availability in the database.

Those 2 new contracts are in the release database.

On 10/11/2020 at 20:39, WillFMJones said:

Andi Weimann played 90 games last season, impossible. One hell of a season.

Thanks WillFMJones, looks like I accidentally duplicated the entry in the database; should be 45 appearances, 9 goals.