[England EFL Championship] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to England's EFL Championship here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for England's EFL Championship should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight correction to Coventry City staffing. 

Ben Morella is no longer U18s Performance Analyst. This role is now shared between four individuals:

• Sheridan O'Sullivan
  • Katie Murray
  • Isaac Ogunjobi
  • Jonny Shuttleworth

This should be fixed in order to reflect accuracy within the game, and can be proven with a request to the academy.

With Birmingham City, it shows that Trevor Francis is both the youngest player and youngest goal scorer for them. That is now incorrect as Jude Bellingham broke both of those records last season having played against Portsmouth in the Carabao Cup first round and scoring his first goal against Stoke City in the Championship.

Bristol City

Rene Gillmartin is now assistant coach of the u23's while still a registered player as well, type 'Rene Gillmartin assistant coach' into google and it brings up the link to his linkedIn page, on google search page you can see it listed though. Has also mentioned it on RobinsTV.

Paul Simpson is a 2nd assistant rather than just a normal coach, saw something saying in game you can have 2 now

Ryley Towler primarily plays as a CB, switched from CM in last 12 months. I know ratings are a touchy subject at times but he's travelled with the first team squad and has been on the bench twice this season (exeter in league cup and Cardiff in league) clearly shows faith from coaching staff but has a poor potential ability. Tackling, positioning, heading and dribbling need bumping by a few points at least from what I've previously seen of him.

Antoine Semenyo - Listed as most suited to right winger, plays upfront and if anything at Newport on loan was left wing he played. 

Liam Walsh - We used our year option the summer just gone, that expires 2021, in game you can activate another years extension which shouldn't be there. And as much as I hate to say it he's not been fit to play yet his season, think he picked something up just before the season started.

No undersoil heating at Ashton Gate I'm pretty sure is wrong, pretty sure it was at least put in when we put the desso pitch in if not before.

A new training ground is currently being built on the same site which is due to be ready spring next year, top of the line, any chance the facility could get a boost after a season? Also academy due to be moving to same site.

20 minutes ago, LukeKiely said:

With Birmingham City, it shows that Trevor Francis is both the youngest player and youngest goal scorer for them. That is now incorrect as Jude Bellingham broke both of those records last season having played against Portsmouth in the Carabao Cup first round and scoring his first goal against Stoke City in the Championship.

Hmm, weird.

We can now cater, in the database, for multiple entries for record-holders. Both Francis and Bellingham are listed in the database for their youngest player records. Therefore, we'll have to work out why Bellingham's records aren't being picked up when both are in the database. 

Thank you for identifying this. We'll look into it.

41 minutes ago, baileywardle14 said:

Derby player attributes are completely wrong. Players been massively downgraded attribute wise compared to last year when they. Main example being pace is a lot slower than a year ago. 

also Max Bird is LEFT FOOTED. Not RIGHT

You are bottom.. 🤣

10 minutes ago, hodge13 said:

Bristol City

Rene Gillmartin is now assistant coach of the u23's while still a registered player as well, type 'Rene Gillmartin assistant coach' into google and it brings up the link to his linkedIn page, on google search page you can see it listed though. Has also mentioned it on RobinsTV.

Paul Simpson is a 2nd assistant rather than just a normal coach, saw something saying in game you can have 2 now

Ryley Towler primarily plays as a CB, switched from CM in last 12 months. I know ratings are a touchy subject at times but he's travelled with the first team squad and has been on the bench twice this season (exeter in league cup and Cardiff in league) clearly shows faith from coaching staff but has a poor potential ability. Tackling, positioning, heading and dribbling need bumping by a few points at least from what I've previously seen of him.

Antoine Semenyo - Listed as most suited to right winger, plays upfront and if anything at Newport on loan was left wing he played. 

Liam Walsh - We used our year option the summer just gone, that expires 2021, in game you can activate another years extension which shouldn't be there. And as much as I hate to say it he's not been fit to play yet his season, think he picked something up just before the season started.

No undersoil heating at Ashton Gate I'm pretty sure is wrong, pretty sure it was at least put in when we put the desso pitch in if not before.

A new training ground is currently being built on the same site which is due to be ready spring next year, top of the line, any chance the facility could get a boost after a season? Also academy due to be moving to same site.

Thanks for your hard-work in checking through the data and making a very helpful post, hodge13.

Gilmartin. He's definitely set as player/gk coach (u23s) in the database and in the current build of the game I am looking at. Therefore, I'll declare that this is already fixed for release.

Simpson - that's my fault for not realising that two assistant managers did make it into this year's game - I was under the impression that feature was not going to make it in this year. I have fixed it in the database now for the Release version of the game.

Towler - funnily enough, the City researcher emailed me over the weekend just gone to ask about updating Towler for the Release, after having identified this same issue in our pre-beta testing. He's been dramatically adjusted for the Release.

Semenyo - he is set natural (20) for SC and 18 for AMR. Also rated accomplished (16) for AML. Maybe we could reduce AMR to 16 which would mean he'd get top-rated for SC. I'll discuss it with the researcher.

Walsh - I'll delete the option for the Release - thanks.

Undersoil - will need to research that further

We haven't yet got a feature to upgrade a training ground, only one to move training grounds. So, so workaround that. we've set Failand to improved facilities from the start of the game. 

1 hour ago, baileywardle14 said:

Derby player attributes are completely wrong. Players been massively downgraded attribute wise compared to last year when they. Main example being pace is a lot slower than a year ago. 

Derby's squad is rated as a top-half squad, compared to the other clubs in the Championship. Therefore, your assertion that players have been "massively downgraded" is incorrect.

Bird - that's a poor (but honest) mistake, we'll get it fixed for the Release database that will be used in the game on Nov 24th.

3 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

Thanks for your hard-work in checking through the data and making a very helpful post, hodge13.

Gilmartin. He's definitely set as player/gk coach (u23s) in the database and in the current build of the game I am looking at. Therefore, I'll declare that this is already fixed for release.

Simpson - that's my fault for not realising that two assistant managers did make it into this year's game - I was under the impression that feature was not going to make it in this year. I have fixed it in the database now for the Release version of the game.

Towler - funnily enough, the City researcher emailed me over the weekend just gone to ask about updating Towler for the Release, after having identified this same issue in our pre-beta testing. He's been dramatically adjusted for the Release.

Semenyo - he is set natural (20) for SC and 18 for AMR. Also rated accomplished (16) for AML. Maybe we could reduce AMR to 16 which would mean he'd get top-rated for SC. I'll discuss it with the researcher.

Walsh - I'll delete the option for the Release - thanks.

Undersoil - will need to research that further

We haven't yet got a feature to upgrade a training ground, only one to move training grounds. So, so workaround that. we've set Failand to improved facilities from the start of the game. 

:thup: P.S sorry we took Louis Britton away from Torquay.....

1 hour ago, Ginger Jonny said:

Slight correction to Coventry City staffing. 

Ben Morella is no longer U18s Performance Analyst. This role is now shared between four individuals:

• Sheridan O'Sullivan
  • Katie Murray
  • Isaac Ogunjobi
  • Jonny Shuttleworth

This should be fixed in order to reflect accuracy within the game, and can be proven with a request to the academy.

We can't really add four U18 Perf Analysts sharing one job. There are really four people analysing the weekly U18 game?

When did Ben leave, please? It was not reported anywhere I can see.

4 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

We can't really add four U18 Perf Analysts sharing one job. There are really four people analysing the weekly U18 game?

Pretty sure Sheridan is head of academy analysis at Coventry.... pretty sure its whats his linkedin says

I fully appreciate the Forest squad is a mess in real life but there are some strange decisions.

Having only signed many of these players during the summer break:

Soh listed for loan? - since arriving from PSG he's more or less been in the matchday 18 when fit. We spent 4.5m on him.

Appreciate there is a difference between being listed for loan and wanted but again Guerrero, Colback, Blackett, Ioannou all arrived in the summer and are wanted by clubs for loan moves. Rare you would sign someone and then they would be loaned back out, especially at their ages! Plus all have been involved with the first team.

Joe Worrall is in the u23's?! he has had an injury but started the season, played every game last year, has captained the side before and had Premier League interest in the summer.

Hefele and Clough are in the main squad yet have both been with the u23's for a long time now, not even got squad numbers this season.

Tiny bits, Bong, Bachirou should not be expecting to be regular starters. Colback and Ameobi are not just squad players.

Again, managing the Forest squad is tricky at the moment, but look at our first 11 games and there is a core group. Not criticisms just observations.

Edited by Glenroy

Looking at the Forest squad, the takeaway for me is that the 19/20 squad has had very little changes despite a mixed bag of performances last season. My main players for consideration below:

Bong - Should potentially have had  a stat reduction, his current stats make him the best lb at the club by some way, despite the fact he played only once before being dropped by the manager who deemed him to poor for further inclusion. 

Hefele - Another whose stats make him one of the best cbs at Forest when irl he can't get a look in based on previous form and injuries, and is 5/6th choice. His stats career has been on a sharp decline since his final 2 seasons at Huddersfield and his stats don't reflect that.

Worrall - The best cb at the club in 19/20, but his stats remain exactly the same as they have ever since he broke into the first team 3 fms ago. His lack of upgrade means he starts the game placed in the u-23s despite being the first choice cb and vice captain irl

Colback - No way to back this up so feel free to ignore, but at 6k per week his wages fall far below what most Forest fans would expect. A free transfer and on big wages at Newcastle. Rumoured wages were closer to 15-20k per week.

Soh - irl is the 3rd choice £4.5m signing, who's shown a bit of promise in limited first team action, but the game puts him closer to 7th choice

Edited by GaribaldiRed

Forest records issue - shows Marlon Harewood correctly for most goals in a match, but then someone called Andy Jordan for most goals in a league match.  Both games listed are against Stoke on  22/03/03.

You're looking at a Forest data file that is old, because you are looking at the BETA. We've been working on the data in the last two weeks, and have now hard-coded Hefele and Clough to be in the u23s.

With Forest having such a massive squad (or ordinary players) someone will get placed in the U23s. We're still tweaking the data to ensure the best balance,. Thanks for your observations, @GaribaldiRed and @Glenroy.

We'll work in-house in sorting them out for the Release version of the game.

However, phrases like "Worrall's stats are the same as they were three years ago" are plain wrong. Posts that use such nonsense will be deleted from here on in. Worrall appears in the first-team in the savegame I have loaded up from this morning's latest build, so he'll be fine in the Release.

Colback wages. Wages are down across the board this year.

Ioannou - was rated by the Cypriot researchers. We havent seen enough of him to go increasing his attributes by the necessary amount to get him a start. 

Soh - seems quite fairly rated for a 19-year-old with only five league career appearances. He's got huge potential, also evident in the database. Play the game and develop him, he'll do fine for you.

The sheer size of the squad and the wage bill means the AI wants to loan a few out.

30 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Forest records issue - shows Marlon Harewood correctly for most goals in a match, but then someone called Andy Jordan for most goals in a league match.  Both games listed are against Stoke on  22/03/03.

Thanks for spotting that. I've updated those records now. They will appear correctly in the Release.

32 minutes ago, GaribaldiRed said:

Looking at the Forest squad, the takeaway for me is that the 19/20 squad has had very little changes despite a mixed bag of performances last season. My main players for consideration below:

Bong - Should potentially have had  a stat reduction, his current stats make him the best lb at the club by some way, despite the fact he played only once before being dropped by the manager who deemed him to poor for further inclusion. 

Hefele - Another whose stats make him one of the best cbs at Forest when irl he can't get a look in based on previous form and injuries, and is 5/6th choice. His stats career has been on a sharp decline since his final 2 seasons at Huddersfield and his stats don't reflect that.

Worrall - The best cb at the club in 19/20, but his stats remain exactly the same as they have ever since he broke into the first team 3 fms ago. His lack of upgrade means he starts the game placed in the u-23s despite being the first choice cb and vice captain irl

Colback - No way to back this up so feel free to ignore, but at 6k per week his wages fall far below what most Forest fans would expect. A free transfer and on big wages at Newcastle. Rumoured wages were closer to 15-20k per week.

Soh - irl is the 3rd choice £4.5m signing, who's shown a bit of promise in limited first team action, but the game puts him closer to 7th choice

Right,

Lets get into this.

Bong / Hefele - I could dig the e-mail and message chain thats gone on over the last few months between myself and Dean, where we've discussed the long term progression of these two. Unfortunately, making a snap judgement on a player based on one appearance last season, in the case of Bong, and a season where the player was injured for the majority of it, in the case of Hefele.

In terms of Hefele, do you mean his Stats, in terms of his performance based statistics such as successful passes and the like, or do you mean his attributes, such as his passing skills? Whilst the data suggests that Hefele is one of the better players at the club, his reputation (Which we have been tweaking for the last 6 weeks or so as we neared the research deadline), has changed so that AI will not use him as a first choice centre back unless there are major issues.

Worrall - Yes, he was the best player at the club from a defensive point of view last season, however, to say that his attributes haven't changed in 3 seasons is a bit disingenuous. In 2018-19, he was at Rangers, and he was rated by their researcher (Which I had a say in), and he received a healthy uplift. Without going too far into things, he also received a healthy uplift last season, which, when taken into consideration with other defenders across the division of a similar standard, means that he is pretty accurate. I've been guilty of over and under rating players in the past, and I'm more than happy with how Joe turns out, and in the soak tests I've seen, he has a more than reasonable career.

Colback - Its well known that Jack has taken a pay cut to come to Forest, and again, his wages are something that has been discussed at length over the course of the research period. When he was on loan from Newcastle, we were paying about £20-25k p/w of his £30k/w wages, and, he moved for regular football, which he will get at Forest.

Soh - This is something I don't have much control over, he was initially rated by the PSG researcher and the French research team, and his reputation will have been set to reflect his worth to the PSG team. As such, he will be one that is earmarked for loan according to the rating that he has in the Beta, however, this will change over the course of the next few weeks as the more up to date data comes through.

As for Ioannou, as Dean says, that was the Cypriot research group that will have taken care of him. The database has had near daily attention from myself this summer (change of working circumstance, as well as everything else going on in the world), and, as such, there are changes coming in the next run of database updates (Which will be before release), which more accurately reflect how we see things at Forest, however, with a squad the size that it currently is, it is very difficult to accurately reflect some areas. Financially, there have been big changes, and this is seen with the wage bill and other bits and pieces.

11 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

You're looking at a Forest data file that is old, because you are looking at the BETA. We've been working on the data in the last two weeks, and have now hard-coded Hefele and Clough to be in the u23s.

With Forest having such a massive squad (or ordinary players) someone will get placed in the U23s. We're still tweaking the data to ensure the best balance,. Thanks for your observations, @GaribaldiRed and @Glenroy.

We'll work in-house in sorting them out for the Release version of the game.

However, phrases like "Worrall's stats are the same as they were three years ago" are plain wrong. Posts that use such nonsense will be deleted from here on in. Worrall appears in the first-team in the savegame I have loaded up from this morning's latest build, so he'll be fine in the Release.

Colback wages. Wages are down across the board this year.

Ioannou - was rated by the Cypriot researchers. We havent seen enough of him to go increasing his attributes by the necessary amount to get him a start. 

Soh - seems quite fairly rated for a 19-year-old with only five league career appearances. He's got huge potential, also evident in the database. Play the game and develop him, he'll do fine for you.

The sheer size of the squad and the wage bill means the AI wants to loan a few out.

Thanks Dean, agree the Forest squad is a mess irl and it's not easy.

Just a few further observations:

Da Costa signed for around 2m, value gone up to 4.3m on the game having never been a regular in the side, never scored and bombed out on loan.

Bachioru worth 2.8m, signed from Sweden for 600k having played in Scotland previously.

Glad to hear Hefele and Clough will be more realistic.

Appreciate not everything will reflect on real life, but just some observations to be considered. Good luck.

31 minutes ago, robterrace said:

Right,

Lets get into this.

Bong / Hefele - I could dig the e-mail and message chain thats gone on over the last few months between myself and Dean, where we've discussed the long term progression of these two. Unfortunately, making a snap judgement on a player based on one appearance last season, in the case of Bong, and a season where the player was injured for the majority of it, in the case of Hefele.

In terms of Hefele, do you mean his Stats, in terms of his performance based statistics such as successful passes and the like, or do you mean his attributes, such as his passing skills? Whilst the data suggests that Hefele is one of the better players at the club, his reputation (Which we have been tweaking for the last 6 weeks or so as we neared the research deadline), has changed so that AI will not use him as a first choice centre back unless there are major issues.

Worrall - Yes, he was the best player at the club from a defensive point of view last season, however, to say that his attributes haven't changed in 3 seasons is a bit disingenuous. In 2018-19, he was at Rangers, and he was rated by their researcher (Which I had a say in), and he received a healthy uplift. Without going too far into things, he also received a healthy uplift last season, which, when taken into consideration with other defenders across the division of a similar standard, means that he is pretty accurate. I've been guilty of over and under rating players in the past, and I'm more than happy with how Joe turns out, and in the soak tests I've seen, he has a more than reasonable career.

Colback - Its well known that Jack has taken a pay cut to come to Forest, and again, his wages are something that has been discussed at length over the course of the research period. When he was on loan from Newcastle, we were paying about £20-25k p/w of his £30k/w wages, and, he moved for regular football, which he will get at Forest.

Soh - This is something I don't have much control over, he was initially rated by the PSG researcher and the French research team, and his reputation will have been set to reflect his worth to the PSG team. As such, he will be one that is earmarked for loan according to the rating that he has in the Beta, however, this will change over the course of the next few weeks as the more up to date data comes through.

As for Ioannou, as Dean says, that was the Cypriot research group that will have taken care of him. The database has had near daily attention from myself this summer (change of working circumstance, as well as everything else going on in the world), and, as such, there are changes coming in the next run of database updates (Which will be before release), which more accurately reflect how we see things at Forest, however, with a squad the size that it currently is, it is very difficult to accurately reflect some areas. Financially, there have been big changes, and this is seen with the wage bill and other bits and pieces.

Thanks for your reply, apologies that my post caused offence. It wasn’t my intent but I can see how I should’ve realised it would. Especially regarding the Worrall comment, you are of course right, I looked and there has been some changes to his stats.

I still believe though that perhaps Worrall is worthy of a more significant upgrade in this instalment to push him into the top end of Championship cbs, but of course you have already considered this in detail. I also perhaps think that Colbacks and Lyle Taylor’s wages are conservative, certainly in Taylor’s case there was a fair bit of rumoured interest, but again, appreciate you’ve mulled over this issue aplenty.

Thanks for all the great work! 

Edited by GaribaldiRed

Is player value likely to increase as more money comes back into the game? Just noticed Tomas Kalas is valued at £2m 12 months after signing for £8m, he had a couple of injuries but didn't have a bad season by any means, just not as good a season as he had when he was on loan leading to us signing him. Given Webster's transfer was in this years set of accounts, from an FFP perspective at least it shouldn't lead to as big a drop in player values by that much, I get general decreases as the market has shrunk but to drop by the amount he has there seems a big drop.

18 minutes ago, hodge13 said:

Is player value likely to increase as more money comes back into the game? Just noticed Tomas Kalas is valued at £2m 12 months after signing for £8m, he had a couple of injuries but didn't have a bad season by any means, just not as good a season as he had when he was on loan leading to us signing him. Given Webster's transfer was in this years set of accounts, from an FFP perspective at least it shouldn't lead to as big a drop in player values by that much, I get general decreases as the market has shrunk but to drop by the amount he has there seems a big drop.

Yes, the "player value" displayed is linked to a whole bunch of variables and will change as clubs work their way out of financial hardship. It's not something we set directly in the data. In practice it's a bit of a meaningless figure anyway.

This is not so much a bug as it is a slight complaint.

I understand that Wycombe have a lower reputation than the championship sides but they have been made such a low rep that they are unable to sign players that they actually signed.

Gareth Mccleary signed for Wycombe yet in game "wont talk" 

Scott Kashket rated the worst striker at Wycombe in game is clearly an error of some kind.

Just a small boost in terms of stature to make it realistic and not like they are league 2 side 

Re. Norwich City.

The club is projected to fail FFP - is this something that many clubs are set to in the game? Not something reported IRL; parachute payments and player sales always key though.

Tettey shouldn't be transfer listed at the start of the game.

Dowell in IRL out till Christmas after the first game of the season (https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/blow-for-canaries-as-dowell-has-surgery-1-6852498).

Drmic should start transfer listed with Leitner - neither have squad numbers IRL (https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/drmic-frustrated-in-the-canaries-shadows-1-6849301).

A few players on loan should possibly have recall options (like McCallum - mentioned on Pinkun podcast).

Soto should have a work permit issue (along with a good number of goals in Holland) - although maybe not after getting a USA call up for this international break (https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/sebastian-soto-work-permit-usa-norwich-city-sc-telstar-1-6923630).

The affiliates issue is subjective, but maybe Telstar instead of Dordrecht; and maybe add KV Red Star Waasland-Sportkring Beveren per interview with loans manager Neil Adams (https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/telstar-tales-series-neil-adams-norwich-city-loans-manager-1-6885198).

History - record sale: Godfrey (https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-s-record-sales-1-6886398)

This is of course an exercise in picking holes - much thanks to all the researchers who put the game together and make it so realistic

Edited by HuckerbyFinn

Further updates 

"wycombe only expected to sell 2,000 season tickets" in the championship? 

As the game isnt taking corona into consideration i think this is unrealistic to the extreme Wycombe were forcast to sell out every week in the championship 

You have done the club dirty 

3 minutes ago, Am Not said:

John Swift got zero assists last season according to the FM database. Funny because he actually got 10 assists last season. 

Turns out the amount of assists a player got in past seasons is missing altogether 

IMG_20201111_015647.jpg

FM never include assists in past data for players...

8 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

Hi Dean,

Ben left at the end of August/early September to return to Australia, with Sheridan stepping in to take over the role. The other three are analysis interns taking over the role of analysis in the academy as a whole. 

All of this can be verified through LinkedIn pages, or emails to the club. I could also dm you with direct emails with the appropriate individuals for verification if necessary, but I am unable to post this information publicly. 

Cheers!

We do not include interns where that info is known, as they are not full-time employees at the club. We'll put Sheridan in as Ben's replacement, as that is what he is. Thanks.

We do not (knowingly) include people who work below U18 level (eg U16s etc).

Hey guys, something I noticed at the start of my Bournemouth save, is that Josh King really does not want to leave.

image.png.f8d9cd5f1678e31e1c656239ed1dfacc.png

This is a tad at odds with his statements since the end of the summer and the recent transfer window where it seemed he'd even countenance a move to West Ham!

Cheers - keep up the good work.

Mark

7 hours ago, Johnmcn8789 said:

Further updates 

"wycombe only expected to sell 2,000 season tickets" in the championship? 

As the game isnt taking corona into consideration i think this is unrealistic to the extreme Wycombe were forcast to sell out every week in the championship 

You have done the club dirty 

Wycombe don't have the largest of grounds if memory serves me correctly. What is their season ticket sales history like? In addition to this, what are their actual attendances like?

If a club is selling more on the day tickets than season tickets than they likely should then in game the issue is it actually financially benefits the club more than it really should do. So if they're selling out, but season ticket sales are low the problem is the club will be making more money than they ought to be.

@HuckerbyFinn the FFP projection isn't a data aspect. It's not always capable of including all incomings across the course of a season in my experience. I'd maybe suggest seeing where you end up at the end of year one. Could be a bug issue rather than a research issue depending on exactly what happens.

33 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Wycombe don't have the largest of grounds if memory serves me correctly. What is their season ticket sales history like? In addition to this, what are their actual attendances like?

If a club is selling more on the day tickets than season tickets than they likely should then in game the issue is it actually financially benefits the club more than it really should do. So if they're selling out, but season ticket sales are low the problem is the club will be making more money than they ought to be.

well put this way they limited ticket sales this season incase of covid and sold out the maximum amount of 2500. 

as a relegation fighting league one team they sold over 3,500 an last season average 6,000.

I will see how this progresses but Wycombe are certainly not on the realism right now.

Its telling me good signings are players that will go on to become "decent league 2 players" again i am not delusional i know wycombe are unable to compete in the championship but this kind of takes the p***

The first cup game of the season ( was drawn vs exeter) and its being called a "match between 2 evenly matched teams" a championship team vs a league 2 team.

Thais ridiculous 

Edited by Johnmcn8789
13 hours ago, baileywardle14 said:

Which players have been downgraded for Derby then? I've loaded up FM20 with the original database and comparing it to the Beta I see that Sibley, Buchanan, Knight and Bird have all had their attributes improved. Bielik, Evans, Holmes, Lawrence, Waghorn and Davies stats have not changed whilst Shinnie's have gone up a little. So I don't see any kind of downgrade for them.

Really liking the Rotherham edits with some deserved boosts just a couple of things.

Clauses: Ladapo, Linsday and Clarke all have competition bonus' to their former clubs if Rotherham get promoted from league one.  They already have been?

Ogbene:  Really liking the upgrade.  Only thing I'd change is "Runs with the ball down the left" to "Runs with the ball down the right".  Feel like it's an old trait where he was a natural LM/AML on FM20 and he's a right winger for us that breaks down the right with his pace.

Richard Wood:  I know he's an old man with lack of legs but he's our captain and he's listed?  It this automatically generated?

Jamie Lindsay:  He looks exactly the same as last year and deserves a small increase.

Kieran Sadlier: I know he's new to us but he's been playing deeper at ML/MR rather than AMR/AML.  Like I said and I know he's new and it might not be enough to warrant a small position change to be accomplished there.

Freddie Ladapo: I feel he deserves a small upgrade to match Smith.  Smith feels like he's been increased a bit too much and isn't a championship player.  I mean I think he looks fine, his stats etc are all in the right mould, I just don't get how Smith seems to be our best striker?

The only other change which will have come too late for the database is that Lewis Price has left the club and is now an U21 goalkpeeing coach for Bournemouth, it's even on his linkedin :Dhttps://uk.linkedin.com/in/lewis-price-b522221b9

And that Josh Vickers has signed to replace him until the end of the season https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2020/november/read--josh-joins-the-millers-to-bolster-goalkeeping-department/

Edited by SpillBlood
50 minutes ago, SpillBlood said:

Really liking the Rotherham edits with some deserved boosts just a couple of things.

Clauses: Ladapo, Linsday and Clarke all have competition bonus' to their former clubs if Rotherham get promoted from league one.  They already have been?

Ogbene:  Really liking the upgrade.  Only thing I'd change is "Runs with the ball down the left" to "Runs with the ball down the right".  Feel like it's an old trait where he was a natural LM/AML on FM20 and he's a right winger for us that breaks down the right with his pace.

Richard Wood:  I know he's an old man with lack of legs but he's our captain and he's listed?  It this automatically generated?

Jamie Lindsay:  He looks exactly the same as last year and deserves a small increase.

Kieran Sadlier: I know he's new to us but he's been playing deeper at ML/MR rather than AMR/AML.  Like I said and I know he's new and it might not be enough to warrant a small position change to be accomplished there.

Freddie Ladapo: I feel he deserves a small upgrade to match Smith.  Smith feels like he's been increased a bit too much and isn't a championship player.  I mean I think he looks fine, his stats etc are all in the right mould, I just don't get how Smith seems to be our best striker?

The only other change which will have come too late for the database is that Lewis Price has left the club and is now an U21 goalkpeeing coach for Bournemouth, it's even on his linkedin :Dhttps://uk.linkedin.com/in/lewis-price-b522221b9

And that Josh Vickers has signed to replace him until the end of the season https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2020/november/read--josh-joins-the-millers-to-bolster-goalkeeping-department/

Hey mate! 

- Those clauses should be removed? I'm sure I made that edit. @Dean Gripton could clarify for me though.

- I agree this should be changed to runs down the right. Thanks for the spot!

- Wood - Could be down to the amount of players that can play CB & coinsiders his age? Not sure.

- Lindsay - I didn't upgrade Lindsay as at the time didn't deem warranted(comparing to last season's performances). I understand he's been one of our best performing players this season & right now he's listed as the 4th best midfielder behind Wiles, Crooks & Barlaser which i beleive is true.

- Sadlier - I agree with this statment.  Will see if I can get it added in.

- Ladapo - He's had an increase on last year. Where Ladapo lacks is his decision's & goes missing a lot in games. The ratings are mainly from last season and i'm sure you will agree they have both been poor so far this season. So for now I'll leave them the same. 

- Price & Vickers moves were done a bit ago & will show up when the games fully released.

Again, appreciate the feedback(Something which I don't see enough of being little old Rotherham) so keep it coming! 

Craig.

2 hours ago, Johnmcn8789 said:

well put this way they limited ticket sales this season incase of covid and sold out the maximum amount of 2500. 

as a relegation fighting league one team they sold over 3,500 an last season average 6,000.

I will see how this progresses but Wycombe are certainly not on the realism right now.

Its telling me good signings are players that will go on to become "decent league 2 players" again i am not delusional i know wycombe are unable to compete in the championship but this kind of takes the p***

The first cup game of the season ( was drawn vs exeter) and its being called a "match between 2 evenly matched teams" a championship team vs a league 2 team.

Thais ridiculous 

Last season Wycombe sold 2300 season tickets. The EFL sent us that figure, as it sent us the figures for all EFL clubs. Clearly, we don't have a figure for this season yet. What attendances are you seeing for the club in the game? 

I suspect you need to log the 'two evenly-matched' teams as a bug - https://community.sigames.com/forum/809-all-other-gameplay/. There is a clear difference in player ability between Wycombe and Exeter in the database, as you would expect. 

9 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

Last season Wycombe sold 2300 season tickets. The EFL sent us that figure, as it sent us the figures for all EFL clubs. Clearly, we don't have a figure for this season yet. What attendances are you seeing for the club in the game? 

I suspect you need to log the 'two evenly-matched' teams as a bug - https://community.sigames.com/forum/809-all-other-gameplay/. There is a clear difference in player ability between Wycombe and Exeter in the database, as you would expect. 

5399 at home to recently relegated Norwich former premiership team vs Wycombe in their first season in the championship 

6189 at home to Rotherham in the clubs first ever game at championship level 

to put this in context Wycombe average 2 seasons ago fighting relegation was over 5k.

Their highest last season was 8k to Ipswitch town. and average was over 6k i believe

To think that a club in its first ever season in the championship when the entire town was behind them would only just over half fill is poor estimates.

This season over 2 thousand people bought season tickets for games they cant even go to.

Its just pretty poor

Well, somewhere in amongst the rudeness is a valid point. Thank you for the information.

We shall consider Wycombe's attendance when we finalise the database for the Release of FM2021 (note: you are looking at the beta at this time)

Also Matt Bloomfeild is wycombe captain yet in game its Akinfenwa and Joe Jacobsen? 

Scott Kashket (top scorer so far) is apparently a worse striker than David Wheeler (a winger) 

additional research necessary 

Edited by Johnmcn8789
19 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

Well, somewhere in amongst the rudeness is a valid point. Thank you for the information.

We shall consider Wycombe's attendance when we finalise the database for the Release of FM2021 (note: you are looking at the beta at this time)

No rudeness intended honestly please dont take any offence it isnt intended.

I do apologies as a Wycombe fan getting the chance to start the game in the championship was beyond my wildest dreams and I feel slightly hard done by the stature of the club and certain players and our success being downplayed by the game (scouts telling me players that will become good league 2 players are good signings for a championship team) 

I understand we are not the biggest and infact the smallest team (maybe of the last 20 years) to be in the Championship. 

FM is an incredibly detailed game but for whomever does the Wycombe research there is some questions.

Again please accept my apologies if you took what I said as being rude never intentional 

1 hour ago, Craig_R.U.F.C said:

- Ladapo - He's had an increase on last year. Where Ladapo lacks is his decision's & goes missing a lot in games. The ratings are mainly from last season and i'm sure you will agree they have both been poor so far this season. So for now I'll leave them the same. 

For me Freddie should have increased anticipation and off the ball. Personally would have at 14 Ant and 13 for OTB.

Not sure if it counts as it was slightly after the transfer window https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/october/pne-duo-join-bamber-bridge/

Also a longshot perhaps an upgrade for jacob holland wilkinson and joe rodwell grant as they are getting fairly descent loan moves for their age group to chorley, lancaster and Bamber bridge perhaps suggesting they are seen highly by club hierarchy 

Edited by Manager25