Jump to content

[England Premier Division] Data Issues


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

William's CA is significantly lower than Shaw's and nowhere near Walker's level. 

Yeah, because his FK taking is 2, corners 4, penalty taking 6 and so on. 

We all know how CA works in comparison to match engine performance. Let's argue in good faith here. 

Link to post
On 10/11/2020 at 23:46, hlloyd said:

In-game the West Bromwich Albion owner, Lai Guochuan, is reported as 'Enjoying life at the club' but in an article by Steve Madeley in the Athletic on 9th Oct 2020 he states that Lai 'would be delighted to enter talks with a potential partner or even a possible successor' but then goes on to say there is a lack of interest in the club. Would a 'willing to listen to offers' be a more apt description of the situation?

 

I haven’t seen a link to this... please provide info and I will take a look further 

Link to post
1 minute ago, Mattav83 said:

I’m signing a player but his role rating is showing 5️ Yet he is only scouted at 3.5

73ACC7E6-087C-481F-999A-6ED3F1E2F02A.jpeg

Stars are subjective, qualitative ratings provided by your scouts and are relative to your squad. Also, overall rating differs from relative aptitude for a position. A 5 star rating for Advanced Playemaker (Support) simply means his stats, in relation to other stats, means he is suitable for said role. Read up on how it works before making a complaint :)

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Karl_BD said:

Can the United researchers just please explain their motivation behind the rating of Brandon Williams, United's THIRD CHOICE right and left back and why his stats are far superior to the first, second choices he is currently behind and far superior to other teams' first choices? 15 tackling is just unreal considering his overall ability in game compared to real life, where he very often struggles positionally and failed to close down his man almost every game he played and conceded chances constantly. Nothing against him and wouldn't mind a high PA, but his CA is insane. 

Is he really a better player than Shaw? Because his stats suggest so. Right now Brandon Williams is, in game, legitimately a better player than Kyle Walker. 

Also; Mason Greenwood should get a professionalism nerf and his off the field issues should not be reflected as an elite professional with a resilient personality in game, but I'll reserve judgement until I have access to his hiddens ;)

Pogba should have been downgraded significantly on work rate and determination similar to how Özil was but at least his concentration is just 10. Overall United looks as good as they have in long time RELATIVE to real life so credit on that, not trying to complain. 

But Brandon Williams is about 10 times as good in the game as he is irl. He doesn't even make United's match day squad and is third choice at best for both his positions and he shouldn't be a CURRENTLY rated top 5 FB in the PL. It's absurd. Downgrade his positioning, decisions and tackling, marking and overall mentals please. 

 

Other than that I think the forums should provide a message for first time posters explaining how CA/PA works and why pacey players can't have 'fair' or completely accurate stats across the board since it would break the match engine. Although I understand the reluctance to be reactionary in improving ratings after a good spell or transfer, I'd slightly up his physicals since we can actually quantitatively see his physicals are underrated, while keeping his technical/mentals/pressures low. But no real complaints. 

Anyhow Arsenal researchers; Sokratis Papastathopolous' contract expires in 2021, according to most sources, is his '22 contract a mistake or where is this from? Also Balogun doesn't have an extention clause as suggested by the game. (https://theathletic.co.uk/1896994/2020/06/29/ornstein-nathan-ake-manchester-city-balogun-arsenal-liverpool-chris-morgan/)

 

Greenwood made a mistake with the Iceland trip yes, but you would still call Giggs a professional despite his off the field antics. I would still agree that he is resilient with the way the media have been gunning for him. The media promised not to target players following Wistens death but here we are yet again. And if you didn’t know Greenwood and Wisten were actually friends so it’s very likely he is dealing with that mentally and OGS is protecting him. 

Link to post
15 minutes ago, Karl_BD said:

Yeah, because his FK taking is 2, corners 4, penalty taking 6 and so on. 

We all know how CA works in comparison to match engine performance. Let's argue in good faith here. 

Shaw and Walker beat Williams on far more things than Williams beats them on.

 

 

Link to post
29 minutes ago, Jm said:

Greenwood made a mistake with the Iceland trip yes, but you would still call Giggs a professional despite his off the field antics. I would still agree that he is resilient with the way the media have been gunning for him. The media promised not to target players following Wistens death but here we are yet again. And if you didn’t know Greenwood and Wisten were actually friends so it’s very likely he is dealing with that mentally and OGS is protecting him. 

I'm not interested in having this discussion on this thread as it clogs it up and prevents adequate concerns from being raised so I'll ask you not to reply to me again but all but one of Greenwood's transgressions were made PREVIOUS to Wisten's suicide so it's completely irrelevant but also; Greenwood was disciplined regarding tardiness, breaking lockdown rules and posting sexually suggestive videos to social media WELL prior to this new line of defence.

Anyhow, please reply in PM if you must, not in thread. 

 

  

27 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Shaw and Walker beat Williams on far more things than Williams beats them on.

image.thumb.png.b5280c1e2e5d47bf8c10109183fdc5de.png

image.thumb.png.7b32b1395eb1fa5432c24f709289cb7f.png

 

Do you agree that they are extremely similar in current performance, with Walker edging the offensive and pace attributes, if we remove FK, PK and corner attributes? 

I asked you to argue in good faith. 

 

9is6FSK.png

 

'Far more', except the most prominent are quite clearly those that do not matter whatsoever in regards to performance, ei FK, LT, PK and Corners. Interesting, isn't it.

15 Tackling is absurd. Seriously. I honestly can't find a single attribute that is not overrated of the ones he has above 10. Maybe aggression. 

I'd just like to hear the United researchers motivations for his incredible stats.

Edited by Karl_BD
Link to post
1 minute ago, Arx-Invictus said:

Liverpool: Virgil Van Dijk is set to prefer the right side of two-man pairing while he is known to be always on the left.

Football Manager Screenshot 2020.11.12 - Dijk.png

That error has already been changed. He wasn't given a preference in the DB originally. He plays on the left not so much as a preference but because he is best suited.

Link to post
On 11/11/2020 at 17:35, danw1505 said:

Great job all with the work that's been done.

I've got a couple of queries over the positions selected though for the WBA players.

Matheus Pereira - AMC and AMR should both be natural positions, for WBA since he signed hes played around 70% of games in AMC which hes listed as competent currently.  Ability wise I would say hes not far off but would say hes not as quick as his stats currently show but would benefit from a boost in areas such as vision and composure.

Grady Diangana - Has played 90% of games for WBA as a LM or AML and I would have this as his natural position rather than the right hand side of the pitch.

Kyle Edwards - He is selected as a natural in CAM which I don't believe hes ever played for WBA, I would take this off and have LM and AML as natural positions for him (currently ineffectual as LM).

I can't see into the CA and PA scores obviously but I would suggest the initial reports received that Rekeem Harper is scored too highly, he has struggled to break into the first team and should be a fair bit behind the likes of Gallagher and Krovinovic. Semi Ajayi may also be more accurate with a couple of points added to pace.

Hope this is useful information!

Thanks I will take another look 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, richard.cheeseman said:

Thanks I will take another look 

Thanks Richard, top work.

Whilst you look into the WBA ratings I've also noticed Jake Livermore is quite on the low side on determination and leadership. Very limited footballer in the main but these are the two attributes he shows in abundance I'd say.

Link to post

Like every year english player are overrated.

I love Harry Kane, he is a fantastic player but 18 passing and vision for a player that did 2, 4 and 2 assists in PL this past 3 years it's too much. Even if he is starting very well this season. He would be 16 max.

Dominic Calvert Lewin 15 finishing, 14 technic, 16 off the ball? OK he is starting very well too, but i think he would have at least -1 in this attributes.

Raheem Sterling 20 off the ball!18 anticipation! So for you he is the best player in the world in "off the ball". Diserves -2 in both. Minimum.

Dele Alli is still a very good player in the game, whereas all his performances are poor for at least 3 seasons. And his personality is perfectionnist? 

I'm currently managing Chelsea. The best defender is Tomori whereas he doesn't play this year and at the end of last season.

Mason Mount 18 stamina, 20 work rate, best playmaker or attaking midfielder in the team...

And i could continu with plenty of english players.

Link to post
Just now, keke82 said:

Like every year english player are overrated.

I love Harry Kane, he is a fantastic player but 18 passing and vision for a player that did 2, 4 and 2 assists in PL this past 3 years it's too much. Even if he is starting very well this season. He would be 16 max.

Dominic Calvert Lewin 15 finishing, 14 technic, 16 off the ball? OK he is starting very well too, but i think he would have at least -1 in this attributes.

Raheem Sterling 20 off the ball!18 anticipation! So for you he is the best player in the world in "off the ball". Diserves -2 in both. Minimum.

Dele Alli is still a very good player in the game, whereas all his performances are poor for at least 3 seasons. And his personality is perfectionnist? 

I'm currently managing Chelsea. The best defender is Tomori whereas he doesn't play this year and at the end of last season.

Mason Mount 18 stamina, 20 work rate, best playmaker or attaking midfielder in the team...

And i could continu with plenty of english players.

Mason Mount somehow got the best Player in the World for me thats screwed up lol.
Tomori one of the best Defenders in the World.
Sterling probably the best Attacker in the World.
All of it isnt accurate at all.
and many more

Link to post
20 minutes ago, danw1505 said:

Thanks Richard, top work.

Whilst you look into the WBA ratings I've also noticed Jake Livermore is quite on the low side on determination and leadership. Very limited footballer in the main but these are the two attributes he shows in abundance I'd say.

Link to post
21 minutes ago, danw1505 said:

Thanks Richard, top work.

Whilst you look into the WBA ratings I've also noticed Jake Livermore is quite on the low side on determination and leadership. Very limited footballer in the main but these are the two attributes he shows in abundance I'd say.

@danw1505 not too sure about leadership but I agree with determination. Will look again

Link to post

Guys, I'm trying to ease off hiding posts. But an awful lot of you are doing nothing that actually works towards getting changes made in the game. Please note, any quoted responses in this thread about this post will just be hidden to reduce the fluff researchers have to wade through.

@AlanusMaximus not suggesting anything of use. Literally nothing a researcher will do with that post.

@keke82 -1 and -2 in a couple of attributes doesn't really make any difference. The player would still largely be the same, they're also poorly thought out and again do nothing to prompt a researcher to act.

@Karl_BD this isn't a thread where you get to call a researcher on demand to explain themselves to you. If you feel it should be different with a player, state explicitly what and why. It's of absolutely no concern to the Man Utd researcher the ratings of a player at another club and has no bearing on his decision. Make your arguments about the player on their own merits with some well thought out suggestions. 

- - -

Generally speaking, if anyone wants to know why a researcher has overall rated a certain player in a certain way, there's a pretty simple explanation. That's their opinion of that player. Limp suggestions about +1, +2, -3 here and there aren't likely to change this.

Link to post

Steven Alzate's shirt number is 36 in my save when it's 17 in real life. Also his numbers seem to be completely unchanged which is crazy considering he became a first team regular and proved himself to be one of Brighton's best midfielders and arguably their most technically gifted player. He is also listed as a fringe player which definitely has to be fixed too.

Link to post
5 hours ago, sullivan123 said:

Is there a west ham researcher as i haven't seen any feedback or confirmation of any changes on the thread.. here are a few:

Fornals plays LW for us but in the game he is unconvincing there.

West hams minimum home attendance last season in the premier league was over 59k, however the game says limited to 57k for normal games. 

Diangana was sold for 12m, raising to 18m with a 20% sell on fee

In player dynamics the whole team see's Yarmolenko as a leader in the dressing room, even mark noble which definitely is not the case.

Mark Noble has better penalty ratio's than Kane, Bruno, Jorginho in real life but on the game he sits behind all of these. If Kane is 20 mark noble is easily 20. 

Declan Rice is one of the best technical holding midfielders in the premier league but he has 12 for first touch and 13 for passing. He should also have the traits 'looks for pass rather than attempting to score' and 'Comes deep to get the ball'. His in-game value is reflective of the poorer stats as he is as he is only worth 24m in-game but in real life his value is closer to 50m - https://www.transfermarkt.com/declan-rice/profil/spieler/357662

Let me know your thoughts

Is there a west ham researcher that can look into this?
Or @richard.cheeseman for WBA and Diangana

Link to post
40 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Guys, I'm trying to ease off hiding posts. But an awful lot of you are doing nothing that actually works towards getting changes made in the game. Please note, any quoted responses in this thread about this post will just be hidden to reduce the fluff researchers have to wade through.

@AlanusMaximus not suggesting anything of use. Literally nothing a researcher will do with that post.

@keke82 -1 and -2 in a couple of attributes doesn't really make any difference. The player would still largely be the same, they're also poorly thought out and again do nothing to prompt a researcher to act.

@Karl_BD this isn't a thread where you get to call a researcher on demand to explain themselves to you. If you feel it should be different with a player, state explicitly what and why. It's of absolutely no concern to the Man Utd researcher the ratings of a player at another club and has no bearing on his decision. Make your arguments about the player on their own merits with some well thought out suggestions. 

- - -

Generally speaking, if anyone wants to know why a researcher has overall rated a certain player in a certain way, there's a pretty simple explanation. That's their opinion of that player. Limp suggestions about +1, +2, -3 here and there aren't likely to change this.

Obviously. But I can provide plenty of stats showing Williams' poor tackling ability (aside from the most basic whoscored/sofascores etc) as well as minutes played by fouls, yellow cards but I chose to do so by comparing a player with 20 senior league games to players like Shaw, Fosu Mensah and Walker. But in order to know what to provide it's important to know what the value is based upon. Is it based upon the subjective opinion of the researcher? Then I guess I'll have to provide videos showing his poor tackles but I just don't see how it can be justified.

Also, the arguments made by other researchers in regards to "Well his CA is lower than x" is pretty dishonest since Williams stats have been cheesed in the engine by putting his dead ball stats at close to 1, something you must realize since you know how the stats table works in the game. 

I know how it works. I don't complain for no reason. I think most players have fair values and are accurately reflected in the game. But Williams shouldn't be one of the best full backs in England after 10 okay games and 10 below average ones.

IF you defend this line of thinking, argumentation and application - you must also disagree with the researchers earlier in the thread who said Ollie Watkins should remain a Championship level player in regards to stats and ability because he has to consistently perform at a high level before being buffed - right? 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Arx-Invictus said:

Liverpool: Virgil Van Dijk is set to prefer the right side of two-man pairing while he is known to be always on the left.

Football Manager Screenshot 2020.11.12 - Dijk.png

This is a known issue regarding players in central positions (DC/MC etc) and has been fixed for the Release of the game.

 

Link to post

Newcastle

Steve Harper is a GK Coach in game but I'm sure he is just a first team coach IRL  https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/steve-harper-joins-newcastle-united-as-first-team-coach/

Head Performance Analyst Lee Fraser has an entry in his history as a player 2019-2019. I assume this is a mistake. https://i.gyazo.com/30c1680ed8af49f23d26c7e5db323f53.jpg

Allan Saint-Maximin and Martin Dubravka both speak only basic English in game but both should be fluent. Can find links to interviews if needed.

Javier Manquillo is only competent at DL. This should be accomplished at least as he's filled in there a few times in the last few seasons (and in his career as a whole).

Jacob Murphy cannot currently play WBR but he played there on loan at Sheff Wed last season and has started the last few games there this season. He's also taking free kicks quite regularly (and scored vs Wolves). Maybe up this from 9 to about 12?

Link to post
50 minutes ago, Karl_BD said:

Obviously. But I can provide plenty of stats showing Williams' poor tackling ability (aside from the most basic whoscored/sofascores etc) 

Why don't you do so instead of making childish remarks about the researcher?

We both know the answer is because you haven't actually looked at those stats, which suggests Williams has a similar tackle completion rate to the better all-round Walker and Shaw, despite relying much more on diving in and less on pace and strength. If you're going to demand people 'argue in good faith' it helps to do so yourself, and nobody remotely competent at FM looks at a stat map showing Walker being better at essentially every physical and mental stat that isn't an attitude and concludes that Williams is only worse in set pieces...

Link to post
27 minutes ago, tv_capper said:

Man City

Tom Scott (28113836) is still under contract? Everything I can find says he should have been released in the summer

Correct!

However, he then turned up in U23 games after the season started, including this one last weekend 

I have absolutely no idea what's happened with this atm, but he's back.

Link to post

again not sure where to post, had the same problem with Bale for Wales, This time Harry Kane, When managing England Harry Kane is only rated 3 star in each position, he is 5 star on his profile page but when i click on the star rating it goes down to 3 stars, he is also not suggested to be in the squad because he is only rated 3 stars. 

seems to be the best striker or player is bugged for each country, haven't tested with anyone else but England and wales.

 

Link to post

Liverpool have confirmed the permanent exit of Rhian Brewster, who moves to Sheffield United having never scored a competitive goal for the Reds. ... Sheffield United are signing the 20-year-old for £18 million, rising to £23.5m with add-ons, while the Reds will retain a buy-back option for the next three seasons.

the buy back seams to be missing from what i can see but its been widely reported that its in the contract

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-rhian-brewster-breaking-19035700

Link to post
2 minutes ago, CEG64 said:

Liverpool have confirmed the permanent exit of Rhian Brewster, who moves to Sheffield United having never scored a competitive goal for the Reds. ... Sheffield United are signing the 20-year-old for £18 million, rising to £23.5m with add-ons, while the Reds will retain a buy-back option for the next three seasons.

the buy back seams to be missing from what i can see but its been widely reported that its in the contract

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-rhian-brewster-breaking-19035700

You are not seeing the final DB in Beta, but its there

Link to post

Sheffield United youth player Hassan Ayari (28128175) should have a Tunisian second nationality, along with USA + Northern Ireland. Think he was born to a Tunisian father in the USA, then raised in NI, so he's a tri-national?

Edited by Ruh Roh
Link to post
1 hour ago, rvrc said:

again not sure where to post, had the same problem with Bale for Wales, This time Harry Kane, When managing England Harry Kane is only rated 3 star in each position, he is 5 star on his profile page but when i click on the star rating it goes down to 3 stars, he is also not suggested to be in the squad because he is only rated 3 stars. 

seems to be the best striker or player is bugged for each country, haven't tested with anyone else but England and wales.

 

@rvrc - thanks for posting; I'm sorry, but this isn't a data issue.  Have you scouted the players in your role as England manager?

Link to post
47 minutes ago, JackHennell10 said:

Rob Jones and Darren England were promoted as referees to the premier league this season https://www.premierleague.com/news/1814868

Lee probert also retired last season https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9676965/premier-league-referee-lee-probert/ 

Referees have been updated in the last couple of weeks or so. They will appear in the release database (well, Probert won't, but you know what i mean)

Link to post
2 hours ago, SouthernNUFC said:

Newcastle

Steve Harper is a GK Coach in game but I'm sure he is just a first team coach IRL  https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/steve-harper-joins-newcastle-united-as-first-team-coach/

Head Performance Analyst Lee Fraser has an entry in his history as a player 2019-2019. I assume this is a mistake. https://i.gyazo.com/30c1680ed8af49f23d26c7e5db323f53.jpg

Allan Saint-Maximin and Martin Dubravka both speak only basic English in game but both should be fluent. Can find links to interviews if needed.

Javier Manquillo is only competent at DL. This should be accomplished at least as he's filled in there a few times in the last few seasons (and in his career as a whole).

Jacob Murphy cannot currently play WBR but he played there on loan at Sheff Wed last season and has started the last few games there this season. He's also taking free kicks quite regularly (and scored vs Wolves). Maybe up this from 9 to about 12?

Thanks @SouthernNUFC

Steve Harper is set as first team coach at Newcastle and GK coach for Northern Ireland.

The Lee Fraser player history was a mistake, ta.

Saint-Maximin hadn't got anything set for his level of English in the database; I think that it should be "good", thanks, and Dubravka definitely fluent.

Manquillo has a good rating for DL, and he plays there very seldom, so I think that his rating there is fair.

The Jacob Murphy suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Link to post

The scheduling of fixtures is messed up as I have had Brighton on 12/09/20 and Aston Villa 19/09/20. 

I have Brighton again on 24/10/20 and Aston Villa 22/11/20.

Also the Condition off players go down far to quick after 1 game they are tired.

Fixtures.PNG

Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...