[England Premier Division] Data Issues

1 hour ago, MrZollo said:

Thought I'd report that Ferran Torres and Wesley Fofana are listed for loan. 

They've both contributed well to their clubs this season so I think this should be changed.

Pete signed off on my significant upgrades for Fofana on Sunday evening - he won't be listed for loan in future versions of the DB once updated :thup:

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, marcocepeda00 said:

Another strange one is the left backs at Chelsea. Emerson and Alonso seem to be extremely overrated, especially Alonso. His tackling and positioning appear to be far too high, considering Chelsea have conceded a lot of goals in the past due to his lack of defensive ability. Emerson also has very high attributes whereas Chilwell is too underrated, on paper he looks like the worst of the three if you just look at attributes.

Not sure how much Philip (Chelsea researcher) has changed Chilwell since he left my file but he was below our standards for most of last season, including when we were in better form pre-Christmas. Barnes and Perez were inconsistent, but without a doubt Chilwell was the biggest weak point within our strongest starting XI, hence why he perhaps will look out of place at Chelsea early doors. That will undoubtedly be something that will be changed if it's an issue from an AI team selection perspective especially.

17 minutes ago, Nick OGS20 said:

Greenwood and Henderson (by the Sheffield Utd researcher) each got significant CA upgrades over the summer and double-digit numbers of attributes were changed for both - almost all increases. It doesn't do anyone any good to exaggerate and claim nothing has been changed, especially five minutes after the game has been released.

Fair enough, I can recognise there has been increases but not specifically in the attributes where they are strongest in my view.

Regardless, Greenwood's missing 'places shots' trait is an error for sure and there certainly needs to be a decrease in current ability to Lingard.

Hi @tomlcfc. Great work as always on the Leicester team.

Just a couple of small things I've noticed.

Dennis Praet only has good level English listed on his profile, but I think he should be fluent, see video below of him speaking pretty perfect English:

Also, Praet and Tielemans should probably be on each other's favoured personnel list. There's been a few articles and interviews when they've said they're really close friends and have known each other for years back in Anderlecht

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1304126/praet-on-citys-ambition-tielemans-friendship--rodgers-influence/featured
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-tielemans-praet-selection-3967250

Harvey Barnes and Hamza Choudhury should both have Leicester in their favoured clubs list, but neither currently does. Both are local players who've been at the squad since they were young kids.

2 hours ago, NDavis95 said:

Vini Venkatesham is listed as Arsenal's Director of Football when it should be Edu Gaspar as he is more involved when it comes to the transfer aspect. 

https://www.arsenal.com/news/interview-vinai-venkatesham

I don't agree with this.  Edu's job title at Arsenal is Technical Director, a role we specifically have in game.  When Sanllehi was released, Arsenal made it clear that Venkatesham would be essentially filling the void left, so this by default makes him the Director of Football in FM terms.  Given, he isn't your classic Director of Football and Edu and Arteta will have a strong influence on recruitment policy for players.  But I don't think we need to make a change here, at least not the one you suggest.  Happy to discuss the issue further though.

Just now, MIR17 said:

Hi @tomlcfc. Great work as always on the Leicester team.

Just a couple of small things I've noticed.

Dennis Praet only has good level English listed on his profile, but I think he should be fluent, see video below of him speaking pretty perfect English:

Also, Praet and Tielemans should probably be on each other's favoured personnel list. There's been a few articles and interviews when they've said they're really close friends and have known each other for years back in Anderlecht

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1304126/praet-on-citys-ambition-tielemans-friendship--rodgers-influence/featured
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-tielemans-praet-selection-3967250

Harvey Barnes and Hamza Choudhury should both have Leicester in their favoured clubs list, but neither currently does. Both are local players who've been at the squad since they were young kids.

Cheers, @MIR17, appreciate it. It's never perfect (as mentioned above, there is an upgrade to Fofana coming along with some U23s squad numbers and a change to the Seagrave move-in date), but I'm happy with things in general this year.

Can't disagree with any of that, I'll pass them onto Pete and we should get them updated for full release - I will just say that I'm not 100% sure Barnes and Choudhury are City fans (could be plastic Arsenal, Liverpool etc.!), but I will add them at a slightly lower preference level.

Please do pass on anything else you spot or would like to discuss :thup:

1 hour ago, Spurs08 said:

A really random one that I'll fully accept if you don't put in!

Tottenham fitness coach Elliot Ferguson-Dillon is a Chelsea supporter. Source: his Linkedin showing he played for them a youth level, plus my own knowledge from having been to school with him :lol: (he'd have been a decent player if he had a second foot...)

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/elliot-ferguson-dillon-1110b674

Thanks for that information, I'll make sure it gets added!

In-game the West Bromwich Albion owner, Lai Guochuan, is reported as 'Enjoying life at the club' but in an article by Steve Madeley in the Athletic on 9th Oct 2020 he states that Lai 'would be delighted to enter talks with a potential partner or even a possible successor' but then goes on to say there is a lack of interest in the club. Would a 'willing to listen to offers' be a more apt description of the situation?

35 minutes ago, Blayne said:

Hello There

Should Newcastle have such low Training and Youth facilities?

Both are rated as "Average" whilst the rest of the league is much higher

From what I remember yes, the facilities are a bit of a joke compared to PL and many Championship clubs.

https://theathletic.co.uk/1777474/2020/05/09/newcastle-training-ground/

33 minutes ago, prisbyal said:

Ben Davies is a HGN for Tottenham. He an register as HGN for Premier League, but not Euro Cup. 

Hi, this isn't a data issue and my understanding is that because Davies didn't come through the youth ranks at Spurs, and isn't English, he isn't classified as homegrown for European competition.

3 minutes ago, Lascott89 said:

Virgil van Dijk isstill fit in game. Needs the knee injury

There is a cut off for when injuries are added, which I believe is the closing of the transfer window. As such, VVD not having his injury is accurate to this.

18 minutes ago, adamm8 said:

@tomlcfc Not sure why this has happened but Sam Hughes is showing as having just joined us in club transfer history, however on his actual history it is displayed correctly?

Cheers for spotting that. This should be resolved for release.

17 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

There is a cut off for when injuries are added, which I believe is the closing of the transfer window. As such, VVD not having his injury is accurate to this.

Yep, as Seb says any injuries that occurred after the transfer window closed will not be included.

Van Dijk started the 20/21 season without the long term injury and that is how he will start in FM saves,

22 minutes ago, adamm8 said:

@tomlcfc Not sure why this has happened but Sam Hughes is showing as having just joined us in club transfer history, however on his actual history it is displayed correctly?

As Ed says this should be sorted for full release, I flagged it just too late for the first beta build. Thanks for the heads-up.

3 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Just a heads up that there are a few things to be finalised on the Leeds United side, such as incomplete attribute profiles on younger players.

Sorry Seb, niggly I know, but two contracts in Ayling and Shackleton are wrong. Was surprised to see them on 'final year of contract' list so had a look. Luke's runs til 2023 while Jamie's is 2024. 

On the subject of Ayling, I didn't win this one with you last year, but I did with Bera, so I'll try my luck again haha. Growing up a CB and filling in regularly surely he's accomplished not competent? Also played there for Bristol City. Only other suggestion is Dallas being competent in CM, rather than unconvincing. While I'd certainly say he's not the best, he very much does a job there.

As for Phillips, he has to be one of the best passers in the league. His range both short and long is outrageous and 13 simply doesn't do it any kind of justice for me!

Top work as ever! How good is having Llorente, Raphinha and Rodrigo in the squad too? Looking forward to seeing the youngsters' profiles.

26 minutes ago, James Oakman said:

Harrison Reed moved to Fulham from Southampton, but he is included in the Tottenham transfer clauses as owed to them. I didnt upload a save file as it is something that is included from the start of the game 

20201111001253_1.jpg

20201111001304_1.jpg

Argghh. The instalment clause is set to Tottenham in error. No idea why, but I'll hold up my hands for that one. Apologies.

Have updated it in the database now and it will therefore be corrected for the release database. 

Sorry again.

51 minutes ago, AStack99 said:

Sorry Seb, niggly I know, but two contracts in Ayling and Shackleton are wrong. Was surprised to see them on 'final year of contract' list so had a look. Luke's runs til 2023 while Jamie's is 2024. 

Will be in there for release, cheers :thup:

On the subject of Ayling, I didn't win this one with you last year, but I did with Bera, so I'll try my luck again haha. Growing up a CB and filling in regularly surely he's accomplished not competent? Also played there for Bristol City. Only other suggestion is Dallas being competent in CM, rather than unconvincing. While I'd certainly say he's not the best, he very much does a job there.

Ayling Accomplished DC seems fair, will make that change.

Dallas could be given a slightly more generous rating at MC but the main objection I have is that he is already so positionally versatile that adding anything else here would eat up even more CA, which will in turn affect his attributes, which are perhaps already a little subdued in order to create a balanced reflection of the player's overall ability. He's one of the highest rated players in the squad in fact. If it were you, would you increase his ability at MC at the cost of something else?

As for Phillips, he has to be one of the best passers in the league. His range both short and long is outrageous and 13 simply doesn't do it any kind of justice for me!

I can see where you coming from, but for me Phillips' ability isn't so much his literal passing technique but rather the overall package. He is so well-rounded as a player, including in the various areas that we see resulting in a great passing range. I've tried to recreate this balanced, all-round strength at the expense of a specifically high Passing attribute. Does that translate in your view?

3 hours ago, stu9000 said:

Is there not club specific data issues this year? Apologies if there is and this is in the wrong place

Luke Ayling signed a new contract taking him till 2023, currently ends in 2021: https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/25596/luke-ayling-signs-new-deal

Jamie Shackelton signed a new contract till 2024, currently ends 2021: https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26902/jamie-shackleton-extends-leeds-united-contract

Would also have Ayling as accomplished as CB, played there a few times particularly as when playing 3 CB's

Pablo Hernandez often plays as a CM these days, granted the way Leeds play its difficult to pin down positions, but I'd say he should be accomplished at this

Patrick Bamford has 3 stars for being a inverted winger RW, but only 2 and a half stars for any of the CF roles, I know this comes from his stats but surely that's not right?

Shack & Ayling contract - got this one, ta.

Ayling Accomplished DC noted, a fair change.

Competent for Hernandez at MC seems fair to me, although I'd be interested to see how you are seeing him used by the AI?

Bamford - this may be down to the comparison with Rodrigo, who on a purely attributes basis is a far superior player in those roles.

Bamford - played 32 and scored 7 in his first season (their top scorer, under AI control, solely under Bielsa) - and Leeds finished 16th (3 points clear of drop)

Rodrigo relatively struggled (only managing 2 goals in 32), however I'd put this down as being unfamiliar with English - he's started season 2 with 3 goals in 6 starts (Bamford yet to start)

Edited by samdiatmh
29 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Dallas could be given a slightly more generous rating at MC but the main objection I have is that he is already so positionally versatile that adding anything else here would eat up even more CA, which will in turn affect his attributes, which are perhaps already a little subdued in order to create an balanced reflection of the player's overall ability. He's one of the highest rated players in the squad in fact. If it were you, would you increase his ability at MC at the cost of something else?

Wasn't aware this is how it worked to be honest. In that case, I agree with you. Also agree that his attributes are subdued, but it makes sense now you've said about the balance. How does that work re the 'awkwards'? Could remove that for DC and AMC if that helps the balance at all?

29 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

I can see where you coming from, but for me Phillips' ability isn't so much his literal passing technique but rather the overall package. He is so well-rounded as a player, including in the various areas that we see resulting in a great passing range. I've tried to recreate this balanced, all-round strength at the expense of a specifically high Passing attribute. Does that translate in your view?

Fair enough. I agree he's very balanced but I'd definitely say his passing is his biggest quality, so I'd want that reflected a little more. As with Dallas, if it creates an imbalance it's understandable, but I just found it a little disappointing given I anticipated min 15.

While I'm here, any idea where is best to raise that 'compare with' shows all 0s? Thanks

Edited by AStack99
Mistake on my part

Hi guys, great work once again. Thank you for all the hard work you have put in, it’s really appreciated.

Regarding Man Utd I can see you have made quite a few changes to the players however I do believe there could still be a further few required.

Mason Greenwood - I don’t necessarily agree with the person above in that his finishing should be improved, but I do believe his long shots should go up to 13 and his technique to 16. Mason scored the most goals outside the box last season and his technique is one of the main reasons why. Again, as good of a finisher that Mason is, he does tend to smash the ball rather than placing it, but I would refrain from adding either trait. I do believe his penalties should also be put up to around the 13 mark and his decisions and concentration up by 1. I understand this is all subjective but I personally think this will better reflect him as a player.   

Henderson - as the gentleman above mentioned I believe he deserves a further upgrade across the board with his potential raised to reflect the faith put in him. I believe Henderson is one of the main reasons why Sheffield utd have dropped so many points this campaign. 

Shaw - I would add that he prefers to be on the left in a three man pairing at cb. 

Pogba - not sure if the dwells on the ball trait is still in the game but he still does this. I also think it might be worth deducting a point from his dribbling, decisions and team work. We are unable to see the under the hood stuff atm but Pogba’s consistency needs to take a hit. 

Bailly -  I think Bailly could do with a boost to his composure and flair, he is known for doing some wacky stuff in utds box. I think a 12 would reflect how assured he is with his composure and maybe a 10 for flair. 

Matic - I know the stamina system has been adjusted but I do think he should have a 12/13 for this attribute. He doesn’t struggle to finish games but it’s the demand of consecutive games and so he warrants the change to his natural fitness.

Maguire - I would change his preference to playing on the left side of cb. I think he is only played here due to being more comfortable than the other cbs utd have. Utd have been targetting a left sided cb and when they do sign one I’m pretty sure Maguire would move over to the right hand side where he prefers to play. I do believe he would be better suited as a natural for both sides. 

I do believe he could also have a boost by a couple points to his natural fitness as he played more minutes than anyone in Europe. 

lastly, great job with the youth team players I do believe you have captured many of their attributes accurately. There are a few I believe that should have both their current ability and potentially ability improved and they are Alvaro Fernandez, Shoretire, Hugill and McNeill. I know it is hard to predict but from what I have seen this season I have been really impressed. Shoretire I managed to watch last season and at 15 yrs of age he looks sure to succeed. The players are held in high regard at the club and I think they could all have potentially break through. 

Regarding Arsenal I believe a few of their players could have a few tweaks. I do not believe Pepe warrants 19 acceleration and 17 pace and would have him at 17 acceleration and 16 pace. I do think he could have an extra point for his corners. Off the ball of 15 also seems more reasonable. 

As for Bellerin I believe he has lost his legs after his set backs. I think 17 acceleration and 17 pace is better suited to him. 

Lacazette - I believe he too has lost his pace and should have acceleration of 14 and pace 14. I would also think about reducing some of Lacazettes mental stats. 

Lastly, Guendouzi. Although he is on loan I believe his acceleration and pace should be 13 and 12. If he were in a foot race with Luke Shaw he would not catch him.

I know the stats are subjective so please don’t be offended. I do not mean to criticise I just would like a more realistic game without having to use the editor. 

Palace fan here:

first of all, like Roy did for the past 2 years before this season, SI seems to be completely forgetting about Jairo Riedewald. This isn’t 2017 anymore he isn’t a natural centre back and left back. Id have him be natural at centre mid (as a deep lying playmaker to be exact) and accomplished at left back and defensive mid. Plus up his OTB, flair and technique by a little bit

Batshuayi: lower his vision and up his finishing and anticipation

Benteke: big increase needed in his teamwork and passing. 

Cahill: increase to his passing decisions and first touch but lower his natural fitness

Eze: we both know he deserves an increase to his free kicks after Saturday lol. On a more serious note tackling and work rate needs rethinking

Ferguson: he’s a natural rightback. Plus that crossing is disgraceful.

Guaita: possibly increases to aerial reach and command of area

McCarthy: up the aggression to 21 if you can

Luka: decrease corners, anticipation, composure, decisions teamwork, leadership and pace and increase his aggression.

Sakho: increase vision, decrease natural fitness by a lot

Schlupp: increase tackling, work rate and OTB, decrease passing and vision

Tomkins: I’m starting to think I’m getting the wrong idea of the attribute natural fitness because this needs decreasing aswell

Townsend: decrease long shots and technique, it’s been nearly 2 years since city away we need to let it go.

PVA: increase free kicks and OTB decrease crossing

Ward: decrease crossing passing and technique, increase bravery

Zaha: increase penalties, crossing, first touch and a massive increase needed in strength and an increase in aggression as well

Adding to some Chelsea items here, some noted above:

£12M transfer budget remaining, yet many deals (Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell) are all set up with future payments.  The Hazard (perhaps still in clauses) and Morata money funded many signings this summer - is this just sitting in Chelsea's bank balance of 108M and transfer budget is low to reflect summer spending already done?

Alonso, and to an extent, Emerson, remain a overrated.  Alonso has such dominant stats yet again and not sure why

Kepa looks a little high also - or perhaps is eccentricity should be increased?   His anticipation also should be reduced from 14.

Chilwell looks underrated; even the simple things like jumping and heading - he wins so many aerial duels.  Tackling also low at 13 (below Alonso at 14)

Mason Mount - easy fix, he is 5'10" 154 lbs (70kg).  The game has him 5'9" 125lbs - wish I could lose weight that easily!

Reece James looks a little underwhelming also, but might just need to fulfil potential. Mental stats Off the ball, positioning, teamwork, vision and workrate could all nudge up, as well as crossing from 16 to 17.  

Pulisic 17 acceleration 15 pace - he is often known as the fastest player at Chelsea, or very close to Tomori.  Werner might have them both now, but Pulisic acceleration should be 18 or 19.  

10 hours ago, cezar.sl said:

Liverpool should have a buy-back clause on Ryan Brewster
https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1311938362274611201?s=19

I’m sure I did that, I will check though. TBH I had tears in my eyes whilst transferring him over ;)

Edit - just checked and the clause appears in the DB @Pete Sottrel

Edited by diddydaddydoddy
7 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

On this note, should Jack O'Connell's season ending injury at Sheff Utd be included? It was reported on 27th September. Granted I only loaded the game up last night and browsed through the squad so I'm going on memory here.

4 hours ago, Jm said:

Henderson - as the gentleman above mentioned I believe he deserves a further upgrade across the board with his potential raised to reflect the faith put in him. I believe Henderson is one of the main reasons why Sheffield utd have dropped so many points this campaign. 

Henderson's was one of the first profiles I checked this season and with my ex-researcher head on, there's very little of his stats I would change. I've seen every game he's played for us and there would only be a couple of minor tweaks that I would make that are purely opinion based, and it would only be a point or two either way.

I can't see his PA but I can only imagine it would give him the chance of being a top goalkeeper. 

Sadly his departure isn't the biggest contributor to our demise but that's another story!

8 hours ago, LW94 said:

Thiago Alcantara 3 star rating seems disrespectful on all levels. 

I think the majority of football fans would agree he is in the top 5 midfielders in the world and has been for at least 3 years. 

You’ve had an explanation to the star rating above. I would have liked to increase his CA to be our best midfielder tbh, however his CA/attributes would have been set by Bayern’s researcher and they will have seen far more of him than I have. Hopefully if he stays injury free he could get a boost in the February update.

8 hours ago, tomlcfc said:

Cheers, @MIR17, appreciate it. It's never perfect (as mentioned above, there is an upgrade to Fofana coming along with some U23s squad numbers and a change to the Seagrave move-in date), but I'm happy with things in general this year.

Can't disagree with any of that, I'll pass them onto Pete and we should get them updated for full release - I will just say that I'm not 100% sure Barnes and Choudhury are City fans (could be plastic Arsenal, Liverpool etc.!), but I will add them at a slightly lower preference level.

Please do pass on anything else you spot or would like to discuss :thup:

Leicester fan here - agree that Fofana needs a lift. Other weird thing I noticed, Wes Morgan is being lined up for an exec role IRL as per numerous reports. In the game he wants to take up a director role which makes sense. However when I suggested this to him in the game he said he would rather be a coach, which doesn't correlate. 

27 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

You’ve had an explanation to the star rating above. I would have liked to increase his CA to be our best midfielder tbh, however his CA/attributes would have been set by Bayern’s researcher and they will have seen far more of him than I have. Hopefully if he stays injury free he could get a boost in the February update.

Hey,

I have a full understanding of the star ratings and I agree with your point.

But having a look at Thiago - someone who has been praised for his ability year after year as one of the best playmakers in Europe and integral to Bayerns success...

Stats such as:

Determination 11

Decisions 13

Teamwork 10

Concentration 10

Are comically laughable and poor. This looks more like League 1 player than a CL winner.

3 minutes ago, gcengic said:

Hey,

I have a full understanding of the star ratings and I agree with your point.

But having a look at Thiago - someone who has been praised for his ability year after year as one of the best playmakers in Europe and integral to Bayerns success...

Stats such as:

Determination 11

Decisions 13

Teamwork 10

Concentration 10

Are comically laughable and poor. This looks more like League 1 player than a CL winner.

I agree with you but as said they've come from the Bayern researcher and he needs to be respected as he will have seen him far more than possibly both of us. 

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

An awful lot of posts are amounting to little more than I think Player X should be better rather than data inaccuracies or mistakes. I appreciate people may have opinions but to be blunt, there is only one opinion SI put stock in, the researchers. 

Try to keep it to aspects such as positions, history, contracts and so on. We don't particularly have much use for the stats like who's run fastest in a game, or who posts the best times down at the training ground. 

You can have more broad level discussions over in the general discussion forum.

If you really do feel strongly about attribute suggestions you've got to be hitting the three points in the opening post. A vague suggestion or pointing to a single attribute and expecting a researcher to then do the rest for you isn't good enough to merit consideration.