[England Premier Division] Data Issues

1 hour ago, FM Addick said:

This is a great post - think a lot of the Palace data has been quite, for want of a better word, lazy. 

Reidewald - needs to be DLP, with increases in passing to 15, technique and vision by 2 points at least each. 

Cahill - stats seem from his peak. He was fine for us last season, but he is no quicker than Scott Dann and his all round CA should be similar to Dann. At the moment their gap in ability is too great 

Ferguson - I understand this was done by the WBA researcher, but you'd think they'd get his position right at least. Cannot comment on ability yet as he has not played for us 

Townsend - think his Teamwork and Work Rate need to be upped to 14/15. Or any other way to reflect how much work he does defensively for a winger

PVA: set pieces need to be increased (FK, CK and pen). Rest is spot on

Scott Guyett's contract has for years been month to month and it is real annual oversight that this is not fixed. Every year!

And as mentioned elsewhere, John Griffin passed away in March so should not be in the game. Again, makes it seem as though the researcher didn't do any research!

@FM Addick- thanks very much for your input; I have passed it on to the Palace researcher.  There are some useful points made here, but being civil towards the researchers is always appreciated, please.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

West Ham :confused:

Coufal I have major issues with his stats - 9 crossing 9 first touch 8 vision... he's actually better than those technical stats suggest and Fredericks

certaintly does not have a better first touch, passing or better crossing than Coufal.

Mipo Odubeko isn't rated as one of our highest prospects in terms of potential, he's up there with Coventry and should be the highest rated one imho.

The Haller agenda seems to of also worked it's way into FM.

Sorry but his heading is better than 12 and his technical ability is quite underrated, he can pull off rabona passes and he's a good technical player.

Lets give him what he's good at and he shouldn't be downgraded when it's players around him who fail to give him good service.

He wins so many aerial duels and can direct a lot of flicks ons to his team mates( when they are actually near him)

He also wins a lot of defensive headers at defensive set players

His heading should be at least 14 - 15 imho 

West Ham continued

Fornals has a 10 workrate ?? His crossing isn't even good so a downgrade in crossing but higher workrate

He is one of the hardest working players so not sure what this is about either.

Also Benrahma deserves better dribbling than 15 i'm pretty sure of that and a little boost in long shots

1 hour ago, Eric Leonardo said:

A few things regarding Newcastle I noticed:
Joe White -> Born in Carlisle, signed a 3 year professional contract ( source -> https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/18023633.family-affair-new-newcastle-utd-professional-joe-white-carlisle/ )
Saint-Maximin and Indalecio -> I would add a friendship between both of them given their history. (source -> https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/10/remarkable-story-as-allan-saint-maximins-friend-florent-indalecio-wins-newcastle-contract-newcastle-united/ )

thanks very much @Eric Leonardo!

1 hour ago, Pete Sottrel said:

@FM Addick- thanks very much for your input; I have passed it on to the Palace researcher.  There are some useful points made here, but being civil towards the researchers is always appreciated, please.

@FM Addick As always, it's worth noting that the data you are using isn't the most up to date.

Reidewald - needs to be DLP, with increases in passing to 15, technique and vision by 2 points at least each.  - This has been done, although worth noting that up until this season the majority of his games have been as a LB when PVA/Schlupp were injured.

Cahill - stats seem from his peak. He was fine for us last season, but he is no quicker than Scott Dann and his all round CA should be similar to Dann. At the moment their gap in ability is too great.  - That's a matter of opinion. IF both are fit, Cahill would start ahead of Dann. The CA gap isn't actually that much.

Ferguson - I understand this was done by the WBA researcher, but you'd think they'd get his position right at least. Cannot comment on ability yet as he has not played for us. - I've never seen him play. Palace might have signed him as a RB but my understanding is that he can play across the back 4 and started off as a CB. Maybe the WBA researcher could clarify? Worth noting he's only played 20 league games ever...

Townsend - think his Teamwork and Work Rate need to be upped to 14/15. Or any other way to reflect how much work he does defensively for a winger - I'd actually agree with this. Maybe worth upping it by 2/3.

PVA: set pieces need to be increased (FK, CK and pen). Rest is spot on - Again i think these are fine. I noticed a post about Wilf's pens earlier on. He's taken 2 penalties in almost 400 games (both very average) which doesn't equate to a sudden raise in stats. Same applies with PVA's FKs etc.

13 minutes ago, SL19 said:

@FM Addick As always, it's worth noting that the data you are using isn't the most up to date.

Reidewald - needs to be DLP, with increases in passing to 15, technique and vision by 2 points at least each.  - This has been done, although worth noting that up until this season the majority of his games have been as a LB when PVA/Schlupp were injured.

Cahill - stats seem from his peak. He was fine for us last season, but he is no quicker than Scott Dann and his all round CA should be similar to Dann. At the moment their gap in ability is too great.  - That's a matter of opinion. IF both are fit, Cahill would start ahead of Dann. The CA gap isn't actually that much.

Ferguson - I understand this was done by the WBA researcher, but you'd think they'd get his position right at least. Cannot comment on ability yet as he has not played for us. - I've never seen him play. Palace might have signed him as a RB but my understanding is that he can play across the back 4 and started off as a CB. Maybe the WBA researcher could clarify? Worth noting he's only played 20 league games ever...

Townsend - think his Teamwork and Work Rate need to be upped to 14/15. Or any other way to reflect how much work he does defensively for a winger - I'd actually agree with this. Maybe worth upping it by 2/3.

PVA: set pieces need to be increased (FK, CK and pen). Rest is spot on - Again i think these are fine. I noticed a post about Wilf's pens earlier on. He's taken 2 penalties in almost 400 games (both very average) which doesn't equate to a sudden raise in stats. Same applies with PVA's FKs etc.

@SL19correct he started at central defence and also played rb mainly

he got injured and as you stated only played 20 league matches. Stats about right

@FM Addick thanks but as above 

3 hours ago, SL19 said:

Thanks for the reply and apologies for any rudeness 

I hope the staff points have been considered as well. Having someone who died in March still in the game isn’t a good look 

On 17/11/2020 at 15:18, DaveAzzopardi said:

Hey mate. His CA is probably around that level. His PA is fairly high. A couple of his attributes are random at the mo such as determination so that can vary save to save. Will obviously be keeping an eye on him between now and January.

Can we make him a natural at both CM and CB? Or is that something that we can just train him to do? Because even though he played in Coady's role last season until Marques was promoted, he's now playing box to box CM.

@tomlcfc This video just got released which shows Tielemans and Praet speaking fluent French (presumably for some French broadcaster). I think Praet also only has good French listed, rather than fluent in his profile.

Also according to this video, Mendy is Tielemans best friend at the club and Castagne is Praet's. So maybe they could go in each others favoured personnel too (as well as Tielemans and Praet in each other's which I said before :) )

Also, Castagne only has good English, but I'd say he's probably fluent. Maybe the very occasional missed word, but he'd definitely be considered fluent and at least C1 if not C2 standards by CEFR guidelines.

8 hours ago, dave.louis84 said:

Palace fan here.

Kian Flanagan is down as a free agent at the start of the game but is still at Palace in real life. He featured in our last 2 U23 games.

Thanks 

Kian did leave Palace. As i understand it he's effectively on trial back at the club.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/crystal-palace-retained-and-released-list-for-202021-premier-league-season/#:~:text=The club has submitted its,Jacob Mensah and Joe Tupper.

9 hours ago, MIR17 said:

@tomlcfc This video just got released which shows Tielemans and Praet speaking fluent French (presumably for some French broadcaster). I think Praet also only has good French listed, rather than fluent in his profile.

Also according to this video, Mendy is Tielemans best friend at the club and Castagne is Praet's. So maybe they could go in each others favoured personnel too (as well as Tielemans and Praet in each other's which I said before :) )

Also, Castagne only has good English, but I'd say he's probably fluent. Maybe the very occasional missed word, but he'd definitely be considered fluent and at least C1 if not C2 standards by CEFR guidelines.

Great stuff, @MIR17, I'll pass these onto Pete with the hope for them to be added in full release. Cheers!

56 minutes ago, redmonkey27 said:

Just to say Man United wonderkid Hannibal is shown as a white guy with short hair atm. As a pretty popular wonderkid would be good to have it accurate 🙌

As much as I'd love to see big floppy bouffants blowing about in the FM weather, we're not there yet. His complexion looks about right to me IMO, although I've only seen him in pictures...

On 17/11/2020 at 09:39, Fraaj said:

Fred (Man Utd):

I understand the revamp of his attributes into more of a ball-winning midfielder but I think he's still extremely underrated. His 19/20 season was great, was one of the main candidates for a Man Utd Player of the Season before Bruno arrived and he's still playing really well in the 20/21 season.

Some stats:

Europe's most intense pressers in 19/20

Since joining Man Utd, Fred has made more ball recoveries per 90 in the Premier League than any other outfield player with 900+ minutes.

His stats in 19/20 compared to Kante & Ndidi (PL Only)

My opinion:

+2 Marking

+1 Tackling

+3 Aggression

+2 Anticipation

+2 Bravery

+1 Concentration

+1 Determination

+2 Positioning

+1 Teamwork

+2 Work Rate

Might have to slightly nerf his technicals to compensate though.

I hope this is fair, thanks in advance! :)

Any chance he might get looked at? Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Fraaj

Chilwell only having 11 crossing is very harsh. His crossing from both corners and open play has been exceptional this season. 

Pulisic not being natural on the left wing despite that being his position last season (30 appearances, only 3 as a RW) and that clearly being his position going forward with Ziyech arriving. 

Werner overall just looks pretty underwhelming considering the seasons he had in Germany and now his start in England. 

How can Ziyech have 9 decisions with his level of creativity and the amount of assists over the past few seasons?

Grealish deserves better than 13 bravery, 11 decisions and 12 leadership. One of the most fouled players in the league and doesn't wear shin pads. If that's not brave then what is?

On 17/11/2020 at 20:21, george_nufc said:

I'm not sure how helpful or relevant this post is, but I'm just slightly concerned about the strength of some squads within the league in general. The 'Predicted Finish' in the game setup has some worrying rankings in my opinion. I assume these are sorted by CA of the top 16 players, or something along those lines. Does it take into account the managers ability?

I understand these will likely have changed since the beta was released, however I think there are large imbalances with the teams below...

Obvious underrated teams that should be buffed:

• Crystal Palace - 19th. They finished 14th and 12th in the previous 2 seasons and are currently sitting 8th this season. I think they have a lower mid-table squad, which is easily better than the likes of Fulham (19th), Burnley (13th) and Sheff Utd (15th). Why is their squad  rated so low?
  • Newcastle - 18th. I'm a Newcastle fan so I'm going to try and not be biased. Newcastle finished 13th in both of the previous 2 seasons and are also 13th now. We improved the squad considerably in the transfer window, bringing in a few good players into the starting XI and not selling anyone of note. Similar to Palace above - should Newcastle not have a squad with a CA of around 15th?

Obvious overrated teams that should be nerfed:

• Leeds - 10th. Bielsa is clearly a brilliant manager but honestly is their squad THAT good? Admittedly I haven't watched a whole lot of Leeds, but a large number of their players look OP in game. Is their squad really better than the likes of West Ham (11th) and Aston Villa (14th)? They are 15th now and have looked quite poor the last few games. As a team that has only just been promoted after years in the Championship I don't feel like they have a top 10 squad.
  • Fulham - 17th. I think they should be COMFORTABLY 19th/20th, with a squad on par with West Brom. They finished 4th in the Championship last season and just don't have a great squad. They should 100% be lower than Palace and Newcastle.

Teams such as Brighton (12th - overrated), Burnley (13th - overrated) and Southampton (16th - underrated) also seem quite questionable in my opinion, but they seem slightly more understandable than above.

Also what I've seen from this thread is that around 90% of changes requested appear to be buffs to certain players (no surprise there). What's concerning is that this seems to carry across into changes made, and therefore teams with a heavy fan presence in this thread will likely have an advantage over teams without a big fan presence. Have there been any Palace fans out there to question their player ratings?

Am I looking at this wrong, would someone be able to shed some light on the Predicted Finish rankings please?

Also a newcastle fan, but to be honest I can't really disagree with any of it. Our team is a very good championship team, but really we were lucky last year, ranked last in almost all attacking metrics, theres not really a player whos attributes i'd take issue with. Saint-Maximin will be a top end premiership player, the longstaffs are championship all over.

Lets face it, outside of Maxi, Almiron, Wilson and Fraser, I dont think any of our players would get a look in elsehwere - probably backed up by the fact we have 28 people for our squad because we can't shift Saivet.

9 hours ago, Atomichazza said:

How can Ziyech have 9 decisions with his level of creativity and the amount of assists over the past few seasons?

Because in the Eredivisie he also had a very high amount of turnovers from erratic passes and crosses that were about 10 yards off, mistaking in timing often. One of the areas there was a lot of criticism on.

9 hours ago, Atomichazza said:

Chilwell only having 11 crossing is very harsh. His crossing from both corners and open play has been exceptional this season. 

Pulisic not being natural on the left wing despite that being his position last season (30 appearances, only 3 as a RW) and that clearly being his position going forward with Ziyech arriving. 

Werner overall just looks pretty underwhelming considering the seasons he had in Germany and now his start in England. 

Grealish deserves better than 13 bravery, 11 decisions and 12 leadership. One of the most fouled players in the league and doesn't wear shin pads. If that's not brave then what is?

Amazing when Fredericks has 14 crossing and trust me this guy is awful when it comes to delivering a ball.

Chilwell will have been rated by the Leicester researcher and I believe he posted his reasoning for that rating a few pages back, would have to go digging to find it. From memory it was along the lines of his crossing being pretty poor the last 18 months and it's been much improved this season. If Chilwell continues in this vein then I'm sure come the winter update the Chelsea researcher will raise it to match his performance this season. 

All player ratings will have been based off of last season rather than this season. 

2 hours ago, Jops14 said:

Also a newcastle fan, but to be honest I can't really disagree with any of it. Our team is a very good championship team, but really we were lucky last year, ranked last in almost all attacking metrics, theres not really a player whos attributes i'd take issue with. Saint-Maximin will be a top end premiership player, the longstaffs are championship all over.

Lets face it, outside of Maxi, Almiron, Wilson and Fraser, I dont think any of our players would get a look in elsehwere - probably backed up by the fact we have 28 people for our squad because we can't shift Saivet.

Yeah I get what you mean - we do play the most defensive football in the league and get outplayed by nearly every team, however I think this is more to do with Bruce and the way we are set up.

I honestly think our squad on paper is better than the likes of West Brom, Fulham, Burnley, Sheffield, and maybe even Southampton. If we had a manager like Hasenhuttl for example, I really think we'd be aiming for a mid table spot, not against relegation. Don't forget players such as Dubravka, Shelvey and arguably 1 or 2 others either. In my opinion it's really not the #18 squad on paper, it's probably around #15 as I mentioned.

Nevertheless, researchers have explained to me that the media prediction is not solely based on squad CA, so my point of buffing the squad in general doesn't really stand. On a previous post I made I said the only obvious buff to a player I can see is Joelinton, as he's been killed since last year and doesn't have the stats to even make the bench anymore.

Everton

Areas to consider 

Richarilson: injury prone again whereas he rarely misses games through injuries. Also Jumping and heading  are below what you would expect based on recent seasons plus finishing and composure/otb seem low. Also he'll cut inside given the chance

Mason Holgate: had a break out season last year seems like has been downgraded 

Allan: trait of doesnt dive into tackles doesn't make sense for a ball winning mid  should be removed as conflicts with his role 

James Rodriguez: passing of 15 ...suggest 17/18 

Calvert-Lewin: International stats not correct 

Thanks 

13 hours ago, Atomichazza said:

As @metal_guitarist says, I've explained my reasoning for a rating as low as 11 earlier in the thread but I'm happy to repeat myself in replying directly to you.

It's telling that no Leicester fan flagged it up when it was also 11 throughout FM20 (and similarly low in FM19 as I recall) - that's because it was accurate. Ben Chilwell's final 12-18 months at Leicester City were average to say the least, forwards and backwards, although now we know the guy struggled with some mental health problems, particularly last season, which I'm sure influenced things. His crossing, for me, was never very good but in a side that began to dominate the ball under Claude Puel and then rely on full-backs more so under Rodgers, it was exposed massively. I was (and still am) not a very good player myself, but I know you have to get your full body weight behind the ball, and ideally strike a moving ball, to get a whipped or floated ball into the box. Far too often I've seen Chilwell lean back, kill the ball dead and try to put in a cross that ends up flat, weak and easily cleared at waist height. Perhaps that's exacerbated by the fact I sit in the top left corner of the King Power Stadium, so half of his crosses were right in front of my eyes...

I've not seen much of Chelsea this season (blame screen fatigue for my lack of interest in watching games as a neutral), but my close friend is an avid Chelsea fan and he is very impressed with his improvement in this regard. Whether it is simply a confidence thing, or someone has taken him to one side to discuss his technique (I note Steve Holland has been working with him on dead ball situations with England), I don't know, but there is clearly an improvement. 

Looking at the database, I think an upgrade to his crossing and a couple of other attributes has been signed off by Philip already, whether that will be included in the full release I'm not 100% sure. Cheers!

2 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

All player ratings will have been based off of last season rather than this season. 

So can I get an answer on tammy v werner?

Last season:

Werner 34 goals 13 assists 3600mins

Tammy 18 goals 6 assists 3000mins

Tammy not that much worse in stats (he has 20 different stats that are higher but he is lower CA) + a PA that is better by 4 , why?

Werner was wanted by bayern until he refused them and then was looking like he would go to liverpool two of the biggest clubs in the world, I still dont understand why his PA is as high as lautaro martinez' CURRENT ABILITY and lower than tammys (he is only 1 year older), please explain this to me maybe it is something to do with stat weightings

Thanks 

15 minutes ago, LukeChappers said:

So can I get an answer on tammy v werner?

Last season:

Werner 34 goals 13 assists 3600mins

Tammy 18 goals 6 assists 3000mins

Tammy not that much worse in stats (he has 20 different stats that are higher but he is lower CA) + a PA that is better by 4 , why?

Werner was wanted by bayern until he refused them and then was looking like he would go to liverpool two of the biggest clubs in the world, I still dont understand why his PA is as high as lautaro martinez' CURRENT ABILITY and lower than tammys (he is only 1 year older), please explain this to me maybe it is something to do with stat weightings

Thanks 

I'm probably not the best person to answer as I'm not a researcher and don't regularly watch either player but it'll be a combination of things. Some of it may be down to stat weighting, the German league being of overall lesser quality than the PL which may lead to Werner looking better than he actually is when playing against a better standard of player - I haven't seen a lot of him personally at any level before this year so couldn't say for sure whether that's the case - or just different researchers who watch/work on different leagues having different opinions on what standard they feel he is and could reach, The German researchers will have watched him for years whereas a number of Chelsea fans (not necessarily yourself here, I don't know) will be seeing him for the first time on a regular basis. As with every player he'll be re-assessed come the winter patch and the Chelsea researcher will make the changes he deems appropriate.

From the little I have seen of Werner he seems to be very much a wide forward who is a goalscorer whereas Abraham has always been more of a poacher type whenever I've seen him at youth level playing Utd or at first team so they're also different types of player which will have different attributes required and again possibly goes back to the stat weightings point.

11 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

I'm probably not the best person to answer as I'm not a researcher and don't regularly watch either player but it'll be a combination of things. Some of it may be down to stat weighting, the German league being of overall lesser quality than the PL which may lead to Werner looking better than he actually is when playing against a better standard of player - I haven't seen a lot of him personally at any level before this year so couldn't say for sure whether that's the case - or just different researchers who watch/work on different leagues having different opinions on what standard they feel he is and could reach, The German researchers will have watched him for years whereas a number of Chelsea fans (not necessarily yourself here, I don't know) will be seeing him for the first time on a regular basis. As with every player he'll be re-assessed come the winter patch and the Chelsea researcher will make the changes he deems appropriate.

I don't know man I think the bad teams in the Bundesliga are better than the bad teams in the Premier League. but there are many more good teams in the Premier League even if Gladbach and Leverkusen are doing quite well right now.

Edited by AlanusMaximus
1 minute ago, AlanusMaximus said:

I don't know man I think the bad teams in the Bundesliga are better than the bad teams in the Premier League. but there are many more good teams in the Premier League even if Gladbach and Leverkusen are doing quite well right now.

I think the overall standard across the board is higher, maybe with the exception of a couple of teams but that's just me. 

Most importantly - and not just with Werner/Abraham - see how the players actually play in the game. If they're being used correctly and mimic their real life counterparts then that's the most important thing, regardless of what their CA/PA numbers are. There was a long argument a few years ago regarding Chris Smalling and Mangala at Man City. Mangala had a higher CA/PA in game despite Smalling being the better player IRL but when you actually used them in-game, Smalling was the better player. 

Fwiw, Werner does have a higher CA than Abraham and their PAs are close enough that I wouldn't expect it to really make much, if any, difference.   

4 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

I think the overall standard across the board is higher, maybe with the exception of a couple of teams but that's just me. 

Most importantly - and not just with Werner/Abraham - see how the players actually play in the game. If they're being used correctly and mimic their real life counterparts then that's the most important thing, regardless of what their CA/PA numbers are. There was a long argument a few years ago regarding Chris Smalling and Mangala at Man City. Mangala had a higher CA/PA in game despite Smalling being the better player IRL but when you actually used them in-game, Smalling was the better player. 

Fwiw, Werner does have a higher CA than Abraham and their PAs are close enough that I wouldn't expect it to really make much, if any, difference.   

Has SI ever considered a different system in terms of PA? i think dynamic pa's make more sense than static but it seems only young players get this

But lets say 5 years in a row my player scored 50 goals a season in PL but his PA is capped, IRL he would be the best player in the world but ingame his stats wouldnt get better because of his static number even tho he is playing amazingly, it seems weird to cap players potential and not allow them to develop based on ingame performance (or am I wrong about this? im not sure if maybe players can actually outgrow "potential" number)

17 minutes ago, LukeChappers said:

Has SI ever considered a different system in terms of PA? i think dynamic pa's make more sense than static but it seems only young players get this

But lets say 5 years in a row my player scored 50 goals a season in PL but his PA is capped, IRL he would be the best player in the world but ingame his stats wouldnt get better because of his static number even tho he is playing amazingly, it seems weird to cap players potential and not allow them to develop based on ingame performance (or am I wrong about this? im not sure if maybe players can actually outgrow "potential" number)

Young players get the dynamic PAs because they've usually not played enough to determine what their absolute peak could be which is what PA represents. In your example, that would be the player hitting their peak, they're at the top of their game and can't achieve any more than they are doing at that moment. If the next 5 seasons after that they score 60 goals a season then perhaps they've actually been underrated and their PA needs changing as a result but that's very much the exception.

Also players don't always hit their peak - an example from Utd would be Phil Jones. 10 years ago he looked like he could be a mainstay in the England and Utd team and be one of the best defenders in the world. Due to the injuries he's had over the years he's never developed in the way he should and will never reach that level but he had the ability to do it if things had all gone the right way. It's exactly the same in-game, if you don't develop a player correctly or they're unprofessional, injury prone etc then they won't reach their PA, even if it's 200.

On the flipside, someone like Jamie Vardy always was able to hit the levels he has but the environment he was in at the time in the lower leagues wouldn't have allowed him to reach that if he'd stayed at the level he was playing at. 

Stats can still improve in-game though, you'll see stats go down in areas so that other stats can go up. If a player spends all their time working on their finishing for example, that's time they're not spending on their passing or crossing so those stats may end up reducing whilst their finishing goes up.  

59 minutes ago, LukeChappers said:

Why should a players attributes get better just because he's getting great performances out of what he already has in a particular system/team? Why would they irl? Does a hot streak make a player physically/mentally/technically stronger long-term or is great form just that?

Attributes determine performance, to make performance then also determine attributes makes no sense to me. 

On 20/11/2020 at 12:24, basqueliverpool said:

World cup player awards. I would assume it should just show world cup years in awards

20201116_191107.jpg

I Agree with this, Usually only shows the years the World Cup has taken place, looks ugly showing no award given and also unnecessary!

FAO the Arsenal researcher, this could fall in the German data issues, but since Guendouzi is still an Arsenal player my reasoning is more appropriate here.

Obviously, with Matteo Guendouzi being loaned out to Hertha BSC it signifies that he isn't in Arteta's plans. However, we all know this came down to disciplinary matters (vs Brighton) more than his actual performances.

It appears that Guendouzi has suffered in his attributes in FM21 unfairly in my opinion. Last season he was considered a wonderkid in the game and an absolute work house. However, in the beta, he has lost his only player trait of 'Dictates Tempo' and has had significant decreases to his: Determination, Teamwork and Work Rate attributes. I would like to suggest that his player trait is rightly restored and the attributes I previously mentioned are restored to similar levels to where they were in FM20.

We will wait to see if he can work his way back into Arteta's plans next season in the real world following a good loan at Hertha, but please don't write him off as an average player because of his temperment. I watched him in a game live last season (I'm not an Arsenal fan) and was amazed how he controlled the game. Excellent talent who I'm sure will prove people wrong.

Edited by McClane29
5 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

Young players get the dynamic PAs because they've usually not played enough to determine what their absolute peak could be which is what PA represents. In your example, that would be the player hitting their peak, they're at the top of their game and can't achieve any more than they are doing at that moment. If the next 5 seasons after that they score 60 goals a season then perhaps they've actually been underrated and their PA needs changing as a result but that's very much the exception.

Also players don't always hit their peak - an example from Utd would be Phil Jones. 10 years ago he looked like he could be a mainstay in the England and Utd team and be one of the best defenders in the world. Due to the injuries he's had over the years he's never developed in the way he should and will never reach that level but he had the ability to do it if things had all gone the right way. It's exactly the same in-game, if you don't develop a player correctly or they're unprofessional, injury prone etc then they won't reach their PA, even if it's 200.

On the flipside, someone like Jamie Vardy always was able to hit the levels he has but the environment he was in at the time in the lower leagues wouldn't have allowed him to reach that if he'd stayed at the level he was playing at. 

Stats can still improve in-game though, you'll see stats go down in areas so that other stats can go up. If a player spends all their time working on their finishing for example, that's time they're not spending on their passing or crossing so those stats may end up reducing whilst their finishing goes up.  

Feel like Jones is more like those annoying regens that come through as 120/150 and you think they'll be amazing but they never get that good, injuries have robbed him and sent him back to 135, Kerlon is the injury story

Also wonder what Vardy PA was at fleetwood, not 150! But your right clearly he always had potential and just didnt see it due to environment/oppoortunity

12 minutes ago, Jops14 said:

Feel like Jones is more like those annoying regens that come through as 120/150 and you think they'll be amazing but they never get that good, injuries have robbed him and sent him back to 135

More like 105.

8 ore fa, LukeChappers ha scritto:

PA is a wrong thing. Dynamic PA would be an error too 

If your player scores 50goals every season he Is among the best players so he don't Need the pa grows

8 ore fa, metal_guitarist ha scritto:

Young players get the dynamic PAs because they've usually not played enough to determine what their absolute peak could be which is what PA represents. 

Young players don't get a Dynamic PA. 

In the database they have a range of value for the PA. 

But when you created the game, youngs get a fixed PA (based on their range set in db) like others

8 hours ago, swansongs said:

Why should a players attributes get better just because he's getting great performances out of what he already has in a particular system/team? Why would they irl? Does a hot streak make a player physically/mentally/technically stronger long-term or is great form just that?

Attributes determine performance, to make performance then also determine attributes makes no sense to me. 

I mean most players improve from their ingame experiences? My example was probably not the best but i meant something more on the lines of this:

Lets say you make a tactic that allows a lot of space for full backs to make lots of crosses, are you telling me that every player irl would not improve their crossing from continuously taking crosses from open areas? It could be a case that some dont improve but some absolutely would and it would be the system that allowed them to improve faster.