[England Premier Division] Data Issues

50 minutes ago, Alzraum said:

I think Tammy isn't better then Werner tbh. Tomori is for me worse then Thiago Silva too. Emerson and Chillwell i didn't looked at so much tbh. so i don't actually know it. Havertz feels like he just needs some time in a new country since he still playing wonderful for Germany so i can see that Havertz got a better ranking then Kovacic. I feel like Football Manager predicted the CA from the last season pretty well and probably do it this year too. But i think you should talk about the Chelsea researcher about it this is just my point of view.

In my opinion these are clear errors to data. Ziyech has posted double figures for assists for the last 5+ years. Kane has never got double figures, how does he have more crossing than Ziyech? Ziyech is one of the best crossers of the ball, he put so many chances on a plate cutting back on his left and whipping it back post.

Ziyech has created 4 big chances with 3 assists in just 2 starts in the league (De Bruyne has only created 2 big chances in 6 games for comparison as the Official Premier League website records state). Now I'm not saying Kane stats should be lowered, he is a top top passer and could easily play as a 10, but Ziyech needs to match his passing, crossing and vision.

Then look at Werner vs Tammy. One was Bundesliga 2nd top scorer 32 goals 10 assists in Bundesliga/UCL and has consistently hit 20 goal/assist combined for the last 5 seasons. The other had a pretty decent first season at top level. Tammy has same finishing, +3 Technique, +1 Anticipation and Composure, + 5 DECISIONS?!! These are all key attributes for a scorer. Werner isn't just the pace merchant from 4 years ago, he has developed his game massively last couple seasons. He plays more like a false 9 for Chelsea and is dropping helping build play.

kane vs ziyech.PNG

Timo vs Tammy.PNG

Edited by Boafo
  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

Hi Boafo.

Thanks for your long post. There is no need for you to continue to flood the forum with more posts about Chelsea - we're all aware of the players you have mentioned. 

As with all posts, the research team will consider the points made.

The same applies for all posters, really. Sure, come in here and make your point, and make it well. We'll see it all and work out what we need to amend.

Thanks for the reply, that was my last post. I read whole thread and hadn't seen much Chelsea talk so I wanted to raise some points. In the end of the day we all interpret the attributes different, just wanted to post my opinion as I'm very passionate about the game/Chelsea and don't want to not use the new fancy signings because they are lacking in areas. :)

46 minutes ago, Erick1011 said:

@DaveAzzopardi looks to me like Owen Otasowie has a random CA/PA, correct? Given that he’s been training with the first team, has been on the bench regularly for Wolves and just made his debut for the US, I think his PA should be set high and CA should be at around low Championship level? Just my opinion though, since Nuno rates him highly obviously, and over Vitinha

He has both things you're asking for.

Training with the first team and getting on the occasional bench is not generally a guarantee of quality though. Terry Taylor was doing that at Wolves last season and is now on loan at League Two Grimsby (and doing pretty well). PL clubs will constantly have kids popping up to get a feel for the senior environment or make up the numbers in certain positions, and they can't all be wonderkids.

I'm not sure how helpful or relevant this post is, but I'm just slightly concerned about the strength of some squads within the league in general. The 'Predicted Finish' in the game setup has some worrying rankings in my opinion. I assume these are sorted by CA of the top 16 players, or something along those lines. Does it take into account the managers ability?

I understand these will likely have changed since the beta was released, however I think there are large imbalances with the teams below...

Obvious underrated teams that should be buffed:

• Crystal Palace - 19th. They finished 14th and 12th in the previous 2 seasons and are currently sitting 8th this season. I think they have a lower mid-table squad, which is easily better than the likes of Fulham (19th), Burnley (13th) and Sheff Utd (15th). Why is their squad  rated so low?
  • Newcastle - 18th. I'm a Newcastle fan so I'm going to try and not be biased. Newcastle finished 13th in both of the previous 2 seasons and are also 13th now. We improved the squad considerably in the transfer window, bringing in a few good players into the starting XI and not selling anyone of note. Similar to Palace above - should Newcastle not have a squad with a CA of around 15th?

Obvious overrated teams that should be nerfed:

• Leeds - 10th. Bielsa is clearly a brilliant manager but honestly is their squad THAT good? Admittedly I haven't watched a whole lot of Leeds, but a large number of their players look OP in game. Is their squad really better than the likes of West Ham (11th) and Aston Villa (14th)? They are 15th now and have looked quite poor the last few games. As a team that has only just been promoted after years in the Championship I don't feel like they have a top 10 squad.
  • Fulham - 17th. I think they should be COMFORTABLY 19th/20th, with a squad on par with West Brom. They finished 4th in the Championship last season and just don't have a great squad. They should 100% be lower than Palace and Newcastle.

Teams such as Brighton (12th - overrated), Burnley (13th - overrated) and Southampton (16th - underrated) also seem quite questionable in my opinion, but they seem slightly more understandable than above.

Also what I've seen from this thread is that around 90% of changes requested appear to be buffs to certain players (no surprise there). What's concerning is that this seems to carry across into changes made, and therefore teams with a heavy fan presence in this thread will likely have an advantage over teams without a big fan presence. Have there been any Palace fans out there to question their player ratings?

Am I looking at this wrong, would someone be able to shed some light on the Predicted Finish rankings please?

33 minutes ago, ajax_no_staff:-/ said:

@diddydaddydoddy the Kirkby Academy is in the game its just the facilities are 'Superb' instead of 'State of the Art'.

I think it's fair to say they are state of the art following the move to Kirkby.

Thanks for responding and apologies if I am missing something

The AXA Training Centre is the name for the whole complex and the first team/u23 part is the new part, and is called The AXA Training Centre. I have asked for that rating to be increased now. The u18 and below age groups are at the original part - The Academy -  which is now part of The AXA Training Centre which I've requested a small increase too. Clear as mud, eh?:D

Edited by diddydaddydoddy
36 minutes ago, Boafo said:

Then look at Werner vs Tammy. One was Bundesliga 2nd top scorer 32 goals 10 assists in Bundesliga/UCL and has consistently hit 20 goal/assist combined for the last 5 seasons. The other had a pretty decent first season at top level. Tammy has same finishing, +3 Technique, +1 Anticipation and Composure, + 5 DECISIONS?!! These are all key attributes for a scorer. Werner isn't just the pace merchant from 4 years ago, he has developed his game massively last couple seasons. He plays more like a false 9 for Chelsea and is dropping helping build play.

Wait i said Werner is better then Tammy. I'll stick with the other ones tho haha

Edited by Alzraum

@george_nufc from what I can see Palace had a media prediction of 13th. Some of what you're seeing may not be finalised and its not as such a direct representation of squads. We don't just use a CA metric as a system of determining who would finish where. 

It doesn't bring anything to the data thread to suggest wholesale teams are underrated/overrated. Nothing that a researcher can really work with there, at this point in time you have to remember we've already made a decision on the players and staff who comprise our squads. That has in turn been through a Head Researcher, the SI QA team, any other testing set-ups SI have in place, been available for scrutiny by fellow researchers and finally now ended up in the hands of players. This is why it takes so much to convince researchers of subjective changes.

It's also worth mentioning that, while you're correct in the sense that most are just buff requests for players, no where near that many get actioned on and certainly not without having been in the researchers mind already. Quite a few posts have amounted to just the researcher stating that changes have already been made on certain players. A lot of the posts don't amount to anything meaningful that results in changes. It's worth mentioning that a lot of the typical attributes people narrow in on to ask to be increased tend not to even have that much of an impact. There are some much more powerful dials at our disposal that can really ratchet player performance up without even having to touch CA.

You'll also find most researchers are in other places with fans of their clubs having input. For Stoke there are people who contact me through a Stoke forum for example, most of it is a waste but there are some people who provide a bit of extra meaningful insight.

@santy001 Okay, thanks for your response. That does offer some explanation on why the predictions seem so inaccurate. Hopefully the average CA values aren't reflective of the predictions I can see. I obviously don't understand the full process of what you guys go through, but the reason for my reply was to perhaps give some room for average CA increases/decreases within some teams in the league, but I guess that's not how it works.

On a side note - keep up the great work guys. It's obviously a very difficult job and some of the abuse you's are getting is absolutely ridiculous.

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, Mark.Alexander said:

in the beta Liverpool stadium (Anfield) has the tunnel in the corner. In real life its between the managers. (As it has been in previous versions.)

We do not have a license to replicate the look of the stadiums in the game.

Greetings to the team at SI.

I would like to bring to your attention the League appearances and goal scoring records for Wycombe Wanderers.

With regards to these, it appears that they are being measured only on Wycombe's Football League history that began in 93.

If it is to be all time (Amature/Non league included) then High Wycombe born, Tony Horseman hold both of these records.

749 League Appearances

416 League Goals

Kind regards.

(Apologies for accidentally posting in wrong league thread)

Edited by Rusty1
Self correction of post in wrong league thread
  • SI Staff
2 hours ago, george_nufc said:

Obvious overrated teams that should be nerfed:

• Leeds - 10th. Bielsa is clearly a brilliant manager but honestly is their squad THAT good? Admittedly I haven't watched a whole lot of Leeds, but a large number of their players look OP in game. Is their squad really better than the likes of West Ham (11th) and Aston Villa (14th)? They are 15th now and have looked quite poor the last few games. As a team that has only just been promoted after years in the Championship I don't feel like they have a top 10 squad.

To the best of my knowledge, 10th is an in-game media prediction and not necessarily indicative of the raw research.

Citing positions in the real life table now is a dead-end, only 8 games have been played. Leeds are 15th, were recently 5th and are three points off 7th. We have played both Liverpool and City in this time.

If anything, I believe I have been harsh on the Leeds team rather than generous - I would encourage you to check the posts in here regarding Leeds from others and in turn my responses. If you were to compare our squad with FM20, you will not see many significant improvements. Some of the better players by CA have been signed this Summer and whilst they are now under my jurisdiction I have not had enough exposure to them to make serious changes, up or down.

I think you say it yourself, you "haven't watched a whole lot of Leeds". Our recent results certainly suggest a poor team, but I would urge you to look further. Worth noting we beat Aston Villa (14th) 3-0.

3 hours ago, Erick1011 said:

@DaveAzzopardi looks to me like Owen Otasowie has a random CA/PA, correct? Given that he’s been training with the first team, has been on the bench regularly for Wolves and just made his debut for the US, I think his PA should be set high and CA should be at around low Championship level? Just my opinion though, since Nuno rates him highly obviously, and over Vitinha

Hey mate. His CA is probably around that level. His PA is fairly high. A couple of his attributes are random at the mo such as determination so that can vary save to save. Will obviously be keeping an eye on him between now and January.

9 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hi there, I'm afraid you are looking at this in very FM terms and also not understanding how PA works.

Saka has made great progress very early on in his career.  He has established himself as a good first team player at a big club and I'm sure will make further improvements over the coming seasons.  However, while he has already proved himself as a reliable and exciting first team player, I don't believe he is a player that is going to go on to become one of the very best players in the world.  If he reaches his maximum PA in FM - which in a lot of saves he will do due to his young age and how the game mechanics work - he will go on to be a better player in the game than I actually believe it is likely he will ever be in real life.

So put simply, you're wrong here I'm afraid, unless you disagree with me about the likelihood of Saka becoming absolute top, top level in the future, one of the very best players in the world.  If so, you are quite at liberty to use the in game editor for things like this, to increase his PA to a level I have carefully considered to be unrealistically high.

I can confirm I decided to increase his PA from FM20 quite early on in the cycle so that has gone up.  Also Mustafi's PA is totally irrelevant as this will have been set years ago by a different researcher and we are told not to change PAs of players except in exceptional circumstances.  Mustafi will never reach his PA in FM21 (in fact it is unlikely his CA will increase at all) as in game terms he is no longer developing due to his age and certain other factors.

Fair enough.

I knew Musti's PA is irrelevant in terms of his further development - I just used it as a signpost because I know for certain that his was set long time ago. I can sleep more easily knowing that you've carefully considered Saka's PA ;) 

I don't disagree with you ''about the likelihood of Saka becoming absolute top, top level in the future, one of the very best players in the world'', but I also don't think that everything above Musti's (or Martinelli's) number should be regarded as top of the world level (or as lifting ''the European Super League trophy for the fifth season running'' level, as you said in another post).

Anyways, just keep an eye on him and an open eye for future upgrades. I wouldn't bet on him not reaching Sterling's current level...

I have a few comments to make with regard to Newcastle United player ratings.  It is my opinion that some players have been slightly overrated and underrated while looking through the squad.

I'll start with the players I believe to be overrated:

1. Sean Longstaff - Ever since Rafa left Newcastle he just hasn't been the same player, his passing is usually wayward, makes poor decisions and dawdles on the ball and is often caught in possession. I think there should be a consideration to drop his Passing and concentration by 1 and Decisions by 2 to reflect this.  Alternatively, drop consistency by 1 to cater for his inconsistency?
  2. Rodrigo Vilca - His stats are really good and I dont think they reflect someone who has just been brought into the EPL from a Peruvian top league side.  Hes yet to be included in a first team squad and should probably have these stats dropped to reflect his ability as a higher end U23 player
  3. Jonjo Shelvey - While he was probably Newcastles best CM last season, I think his consistency is a bit overstated.  He regularly doesn't turn up IRL
  4. Henri Saivet - His ability seems to be on par with that of Matty Longstaff, but he hasnt even been named in Newcastles 25 man squad for the season and his days at the club seem limited due to this.  I would recommend looking at this, with a small drop in some key technical attributes, probably Passing, Technique and First Touch.
  5. Andy Carroll - His Heading, Aggression, Bravery, Strength and Jumping reach all look about right, but his finishing is poor (I would recommend dropping that to 12) especially given the lack of goals over the last 2 seasons from him
  6. Christian Atsu - He has been given 13 for Long Shots, but I don't think he's ever taken a shot from outside the 18 yard box?

Now for the underrated players:

1. Allan Saint-Maximin - Despite him seeing a slight improvement in his stats from last years game I don't think these are anywhere near sufficient.  If Allan Saint Maximin does not play, or turn up for a game, Newcastle usually lose.  Or at the very least 0 - 0 draw.  I would recommend the following for him.  Work Rate +3 - he is regularly tracking back and helping the team out defensively IRL.  Passing +2, Longshots +2, Bravery +4 (he is constantly getting kicked IRL but just keeps going)  Pace and Acceleration +2 each, he is one of the quickest player in the league consistently and has an insane turn of pace.  Vision +2, he sees things other don't but is often 1 or 2 steps ahead of his team mates
  2. Migel Almrion - He is Newcastles creative outlet this season, bringing the most assists and chances created.  His passing should be improved by 2 to reflect this.  He has also been deployed at CM regularly this season, to good effect, as part of a midfield 3 and should be "accomplished" in this role and should have some other boosts to reflect his game as an Advance Playmaker.  His Teamwork should be at least 16 too, he works immensely hard for the team and this is often missed/forgotten.
  3. Karl Darlow - He has been battered this season, and should have a much better shot stopping ability to reflect this.  Recommend increasons Handling, Reflexes and 1 on 1's by +1, his concentration and composure should be increase by 2 as well.  again he has been a rock when called upon this season, albeit with a couple minor mistakes
  4. Jacob Murphy - Hes player RWB a few times times for Newcaslte this season and been very good at it too.  Id recommend making this atleast "accomplished".  He also played they many time at Sheffield Wednesday last season.  I'd recommend some generic improvements across the board for key stats so that he can play the Wingback/Complete Wing back role effectively.
  5. Jamal Lewis - seems to have gotten worse since last season.  He is Newcastles 1st choice LB and this should be reflected in the improvements of his technical stats.  Norwich fans were raving about his last season.

Another general comment to make is that Newcastle seem to have an abundance of CM's who have a preference for the Right side (all bar Shelvey).  This should be looked at for the final release.  Hayden is very much universal and plays both sides regular, both the Longstaffs have regularly played together in midfield outside of the 1st team which means at least 1 should be updated to reflect this.  At CB Fernandez plays at LCB, this should be corrected.  

Also apologies for the 2nd post... here's a one for the database editor for Newcastle to keep and eye on.

Newcastle are currently in legal action against the EPL regarding the "failed" takeover of the club by Amanda Staveley, The Reuben Brothers and the Saudi Arabian PIF.

Is this something that could be reflected in the game?.

Full story here https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/exclusive-newcastle-united-fc-top-flight-legal-action-officially-confirmed-astonishing-premier-league-fan-letter-admission-3038820

12 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

To the best of my knowledge, 10th is an in-game media prediction and not necessarily indicative of the raw research.

Citing positions in the real life table now is a dead-end, only 8 games have been played. Leeds are 15th, were recently 5th and are three points off 7th. We have played both Liverpool and City in this time.

If anything, I believe I have been harsh on the Leeds team rather than generous - I would encourage you to check the posts in here regarding Leeds from others and in turn my responses. If you were to compare our squad with FM20, you will not see many significant improvements. Some of the better players by CA have been signed this Summer and whilst they are now under my jurisdiction I have not had enough exposure to them to make serious changes, up or down.

I think you say it yourself, you "haven't watched a whole lot of Leeds". Our recent results certainly suggest a poor team, but I would urge you to look further. Worth noting we beat Aston Villa (14th) 3-0.

Definitely worth noting, Seb. After all the mighty Aston Villa will be champions elect by pancake day! :D

10 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

One last (hopefully) reply on this issue from me.  The thing is you are asking for a PA change for Saka so that he will become a world beater unless you are asking for a very marginal PA increase, which I'm sure you can't be, because otherwise I can't understand why it would be an issue, or an issue of the magnitude it appears to be for certain posters, in the first place.

Because of Saka's already relatively high (though justified) CA for a player his age and a number of other factors such as the club he is at and some of his hidden attributes and so on, he will hit his maximum PA in a high percentage of users saves within 3 or 4 seasons.  This will place him as a key player at more or less any top European club.  This could well happen in real life, but there are so, so many players that are highly thought of and highly talented and have first team exposure at a young age that don't make it.  I also support my local team Sutton United and our 29 year old goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis was once called "the best goalkeeper in the world for his age" by Rafa Benitez at the same age as Saka.   While Bouzanis didn't have the same level of first team exposure as Saka, in the same year, someone that did was Jack Wilshere who won the PFA Young Player Of The Year and was going to be the linchpin of England's midfield for years to come.

Saka of course is performing to a very high level for his age, which is rare as young players aren't often given the chance at that age at a big club and even fewer grasp it in the way he has, but as previously explained this does not necessarily correlate to him becoming a world beater in future, it just means he has matured and adapted very well at a young age.  I've watched him play since he was 16 and while he is obviously very talented and has been playing excellently for the first team and receiving a lot of justified public praise from fans and pundits alike, I've not got carried away as an Arsenal fan where I could reasonably have done so and I have not let this influence my work as the Arsenal researcher for FM.  In the past I have been accused in a similar way of overrating certain players.  I could definitely have "got away" with giving Saka a PA score about ten points higher if I had wanted to, but that isn't my job here.  My job is to rate him as accurately as I possibly can and I am confident, despite anyone that disagrees with me, that I have achieved this.  This seems to have come across as arrogance to some people here, but in my view it's confidence at having watched him closely since he was a 16 year old playing in the FA Youth Cup, to the present day, all the while with the FM Arsenal research in mind.  You may disagree with what I have set but a lot of thought and background work has gone into it and that is the thing which is unfair with a lot of posts in this thread - to suggest that I, or any of the other researchers are not doing their job properly just because there is a disagreement.  Sorry josipk - this isn't aimed at you.  I hope this is something that anyone posting any comments in here questioning the integrity or ability of the researchers considers though.

My previous post was one of closure and acceptance of your reasoning (''sleep more easily'' wasn't meant to be sarcastic or something, JFTR). I do appreciate your work and the fact that you have a  better perspective on our players and the way the game works (despite the fact that I've watched 95+% of Arsenal games over the last decade and played countless Arsenal save games in various FM editions). You've also went out of your way to explain your decision(s) so that's a big plus for me. 

In the end, the difference in our opinions is not that big. The small increase in his PA that you've mentioned also helped in that regard - and that's also why I said to keep an eye for future upgrades, as we can only TRY to predict future. If it was me tasked with assigning a number, I would have given him -9 or a fixed PA right in middle of that potential range. For me, that's not a reason to go on a rant against anyone, so I'm sorry that the conversation took the wrong turn with some people with similar suggestions. This also stands for other researchers/users... But don't let this stand in the way of getting feedback from fellow fans and dedicated players (''managers'').

Can't wait for the full release. Cheers!

Edited by josipk
4 hours ago, CodenameGeordie said:

Jamal Lewis - seems to have gotten worse since last season.  He is Newcastles 1st choice LB and this should be reflected in the improvements of his technical stats.  Norwich fans were raving about his last season.

As a Norwich fan, I would disagree with this comment. We definitely weren't raving about his performances last season which were poor, he struggled compared to all our other young players and was dropped for Sam Byram, only getting his position back due to an injury.

His FM stats seem fair based upon last season and compared to Max Aarons and Ben Godfrey, who outperformed him. 

Have to post another general warning in the thread. Quite a few users have had to be issued warnings off the back of this thread alone, some have had their posting ability in this thread removed and others have incurred bans in general.

- Posts insulting researchers won't be tolerated.

- Taking to PMing researchers directly, with insults, will likely get you banned from the forums for a period of time.

As we're coming into the final days before release, by far the biggest focus will be on factual issues. Remember, there's a pre-game editor with the full release. You can create players in whatever way you envisage with that.

21 minutes ago, canaryyellow said:

As a Norwich fan, I would disagree with this comment. We definitely weren't raving about his performances last season which were poor, he struggled compared to all our other young players and was dropped for Sam Byram, only getting his position back due to an injury.

His FM stats seem fair based upon last season and compared to Max Aarons and Ben Godfrey, who outperformed him. 

That's a fair comment and you're certainly entitled to your opinion.  Sorry if I'm coming across negatively towards your comment and I certainly don't want to belittle it, but you're the first Norwich fan (and I know a few) who has said "poor" to me.  Most have said "exciting", "promising" and "attacking threat while lacking defensively".

Yes he wasn't as good as other players but he was exposed a lot of the time due to the teams attacking intent.  If I recall correctly, think it was Jake Humphrey, the BT sports presenter if I am correct? who posted on twitter about his qualities too, mostly as an attacking player, yet his defensive qualities are much higher than his attacking qualities.  His stats for me just don't add up to the reviews I have had.  Like I said in my original post, a small generic increase for the key stats would probably be fair... but I am only going off reviews from other people and my disappointment not to see more improvements.

Either way, I trust that the database editors will review all our comments and determine fair stats for all players.

Edited by CodenameGeordie

Point Douglas Luiz is not selected for the senior Brazilian national team in FM 21, probably as he doesn't compare to compatriots (Allan/Fernando/Fernandinho/Casemiro/Arthur) in the same position in terms of CA (I imagine, I have not looked at this). What to be done: Enable the AI to select to Luiz for the Brazilian national team. I am not suggesting Luiz is bumped to the CA of the players he is keeping out the national team as they are mostly Elite or World Class, so I get that my request may not be possible in FM21. Evidence: Douglas Luiz has started his 4th competitive senior international in a row, this time away at Uruguay (he was subbed off in the 92nd minute. Brazil have won all of these matches. Worth noting he is being heavily linked to move back to Man City . I imagine all these international appearances will help him secure the work permit he needs for that to happen. 

Edited by Rags89
35 minutes ago, Rags89 said:

Point Douglas Luiz is not selected for the senior Brazilian national team in FM 21, probably as he doesn't compare to compatriots (Allan/Fernando/Fernandinho/Casemiro/Arthur) in the same position in terms of CA (I imagine, I have not looked at this). What to be done: Enable the AI to select to Luiz for the Brazilian national team. I am not suggesting Luiz is bumped to the CA of the players he is keeping out the national team as they are mostly Elite or World Class, so I get that my request may not be possible in FM21. Evidence: Douglas Luiz has started his 4th competitive senior international in a row, this time away at Uruguay (he was subbed off in the 92nd minute. Brazil have won all of these matches. Worth noting he is being heavily linked to move back to Man City . I imagine all these international appearances will help him secure the work permit he needs for that to happen. 

Fair observation, he’s doing well, clearly impressing the manager and don’t get me wrong that image you have as your profile with him canoodling Neymar is stuff of dreams as a Villa fan. He keeps the form up throughout the winter will be something to consider with the updates. But I think it could be due to fixture congestion, injuries or form of the said players for him to make it to 4 in a row.
However, be careful mate, he may just be this managers cup of tea and with the players you listed, they could all soon come in if the manager was replaced for example. Don’t forget Southgate keeps picking players like Harry Winks who isn’t playing for Spurs at the minute, doesn’t make a case for his CA to be above some players he is taking the place of like Ross Barkley ;).

One to keep an eye on though! 

13 minutes ago, LewParsonsAVFC said:

Fair observation, he’s doing well, clearly impressing the manager and don’t get me wrong that image you have as your profile with him canoodling Neymar is stuff of dreams as a Villa fan. He keeps the form up throughout the winter will be something to consider with the updates. But I think it could be due to fixture congestion, injuries or form of the said players for him to make it to 4 in a row.
However, be careful mate, he may just be this managers cup of tea and with the players you listed, they could all soon come in if the manager was replaced for example. Don’t forget Southgate keeps picking players like Harry Winks who isn’t playing for Spurs at the minute, doesn’t make a case for his CA to be above some players he is taking the place of like Ross Barkley ;).

One to keep an eye on though! 

Fair enough mate 

On 16/11/2020 at 23:21, kevinhowourth said:

Thanks for this. We have already updated his contract details, and whilst I agree that he is definitely a prospect - there is still a long way to go for him. I have put his PA at a decent value, and his rating 'in game' will depend on circumstances within that save.

Thanks, Kevin. 

What sort of circumstances would these be? How you develop him and how much game time he gets?

3 hours ago, silentwars said:

Matty Cash at Villa seems to be underated. I would say his teamwork, tackling and accelaration should all be higher. 

Hi mate,

Thanks for the post. Matty Cash was set by the AR of the previous club so would have been unfair for me to tweak his attributes as hadn't really saw him play at all in detail let alone at right back. Also no one really knew how he'd take to the Prem pretty much like Watkins. As said in one of my previous posts on here I do feel he is very much a working progress and is still in transition as a right back but Dean Smith certainly sees him as his first choice RB. His potential ability (PA) is considerably high and would become a established Premier League player.

That being said have had conversations with the HR and some tweaks have been made for the full release as he has played very well in most of the games. 

Any other issues please or suggestions please PM me mate and we can have a chat on there rather than clog this thread up.

Cheers

Saka Stamina needs an upgrade. He's played in every single game since September (which is basically every 3 days). Been run into the the ground, but still looks sharp and fresh for 90 minutes. I suggest 15 or 16 (don't remove since this is a constructive post)

1 hour ago, _mxrky said:

Saka Stamina needs an upgrade. He's played in every single game since September (which is basically every 3 days). Been run into the the ground, but still looks sharp and fresh for 90 minutes. I suggest 15 or 16 (don't remove since this is a constructive post)

looking fresh between games and quick 'recovery' should be covered in natural fitness, rather than stamina I believe.

Arsenal Director of Football - Vinai Venkatesham listed age in game = 55 years old

In real life he is 39 years old. 

Also his Biography shows this as being his first non playing role, but hes had 3 or 4 jobs already before being promoted to this. 

Good Morning, 

I have been playing Liverpool during beta just noticed Virgil Van Dijk has the wrong contract expiry date, his contract ends June 2022 in game where as in real life his current deal ends June 2023 (he has all but signed a two year extension until 2025 upping his wages to £220k, but until he does sign it I know you can't put that in game). 

Both him and Fabinho have the same contract expiry dates in real life and both are due to sign new contracts sometime this season.

Thank you,

Andy.    

20201119080919_1.jpg

On 18/11/2020 at 06:58, CodenameGeordie said:

I have a few comments to make with regard to Newcastle United player ratings.  It is my opinion that some players have been slightly overrated and underrated while looking through the squad.

I'll start with the players I believe to be overrated:

1. Sean Longstaff - Ever since Rafa left Newcastle he just hasn't been the same player, his passing is usually wayward, makes poor decisions and dawdles on the ball and is often caught in possession. I think there should be a consideration to drop his Passing and concentration by 1 and Decisions by 2 to reflect this.  Alternatively, drop consistency by 1 to cater for his inconsistency?
  2. Rodrigo Vilca - His stats are really good and I dont think they reflect someone who has just been brought into the EPL from a Peruvian top league side.  Hes yet to be included in a first team squad and should probably have these stats dropped to reflect his ability as a higher end U23 player
  3. Jonjo Shelvey - While he was probably Newcastles best CM last season, I think his consistency is a bit overstated.  He regularly doesn't turn up IRL
  4. Henri Saivet - His ability seems to be on par with that of Matty Longstaff, but he hasnt even been named in Newcastles 25 man squad for the season and his days at the club seem limited due to this.  I would recommend looking at this, with a small drop in some key technical attributes, probably Passing, Technique and First Touch.
  5. Andy Carroll - His Heading, Aggression, Bravery, Strength and Jumping reach all look about right, but his finishing is poor (I would recommend dropping that to 12) especially given the lack of goals over the last 2 seasons from him
  6. Christian Atsu - He has been given 13 for Long Shots, but I don't think he's ever taken a shot from outside the 18 yard box?

Now for the underrated players:

1. Allan Saint-Maximin - Despite him seeing a slight improvement in his stats from last years game I don't think these are anywhere near sufficient.  If Allan Saint Maximin does not play, or turn up for a game, Newcastle usually lose.  Or at the very least 0 - 0 draw.  I would recommend the following for him.  Work Rate +3 - he is regularly tracking back and helping the team out defensively IRL.  Passing +2, Longshots +2, Bravery +4 (he is constantly getting kicked IRL but just keeps going)  Pace and Acceleration +2 each, he is one of the quickest player in the league consistently and has an insane turn of pace.  Vision +2, he sees things other don't but is often 1 or 2 steps ahead of his team mates
  2. Migel Almrion - He is Newcastles creative outlet this season, bringing the most assists and chances created.  His passing should be improved by 2 to reflect this.  He has also been deployed at CM regularly this season, to good effect, as part of a midfield 3 and should be "accomplished" in this role and should have some other boosts to reflect his game as an Advance Playmaker.  His Teamwork should be at least 16 too, he works immensely hard for the team and this is often missed/forgotten.
  3. Karl Darlow - He has been battered this season, and should have a much better shot stopping ability to reflect this.  Recommend increasons Handling, Reflexes and 1 on 1's by +1, his concentration and composure should be increase by 2 as well.  again he has been a rock when called upon this season, albeit with a couple minor mistakes
  4. Jacob Murphy - Hes player RWB a few times times for Newcaslte this season and been very good at it too.  Id recommend making this atleast "accomplished".  He also played they many time at Sheffield Wednesday last season.  I'd recommend some generic improvements across the board for key stats so that he can play the Wingback/Complete Wing back role effectively.
  5. Jamal Lewis - seems to have gotten worse since last season.  He is Newcastles 1st choice LB and this should be reflected in the improvements of his technical stats.  Norwich fans were raving about his last season.

Another general comment to make is that Newcastle seem to have an abundance of CM's who have a preference for the Right side (all bar Shelvey).  This should be looked at for the final release.  Hayden is very much universal and plays both sides regular, both the Longstaffs have regularly played together in midfield outside of the 1st team which means at least 1 should be updated to reflect this.  At CB Fernandez plays at LCB, this should be corrected.  

Hi Codename,

Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated!

Some changes have already been made ahead of release, including Longstaff, Saivet and Murphy.

Just to highlight some of your suggested changes I have not made;

Jamal Lewis - IMO he has very good stats for a full back at his age, and still has a lot of work to do (although I believe he will get there) to be one of the league's top full backs

Jonjo - You hit nail on head! Best performing CM last season, and remember he was top scorer (scandalous)! I do understand that you don't know what Shelvey will turn up sometimes, but his 'Consistency' rating does not indicate he will 'turn up' every week. One to review in the next research phase.

ASM - I have already made vast improvements across mental, technical and physical attributes since FM20.

Karl Darlow - Again, a widespread increase in attributes has already been implemented.

Federico Fernandez - He still prefers to play on the right side of defence, but due to his consistent partnership with Lascelles he is deployed on the left side.

Cheers,

Kev.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Erick1011 said:

Would it be possible to get the "retired" #1 shirt at Wolves back? It is not officially retired and Carl Ikeme himself told Rui Patricio to please take the shirt: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2019/11/29/carl-ikeme-rui-just-take-the-no-1-shirt/

Done for you - thanks for the info.

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, mexicola34 said:

Good Morning, 

I have been playing Liverpool during beta just noticed Virgil Van Dijk has the wrong contract expiry date, his contract ends June 2022 in game where as in real life his current deal ends June 2023 (he has all but signed a two year extension until 2025 upping his wages to £220k, but until he does sign it I know you can't put that in game). 

Both him and Fabinho have the same contract expiry dates in real life and both are due to sign new contracts sometime this season.

Thank you,

Andy.    

20201119080919_1.jpg

Thanks @mexicola34!

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, Brovah said:

Arsenal Director of Football - Vinai Venkatesham listed age in game = 55 years old

In real life he is 39 years old. 

Also his Biography shows this as being his first non playing role, but hes had 3 or 4 jobs already before being promoted to this. 

Thanks @Brovah - Venkatesham's in-game age has been sorted out.

It is true that he has had other jobs at Arsenal before his current role, but I'm afraid that those jobs do not exist in the database, so cannot be detailed.

• SI Staff
On 18/11/2020 at 11:41, neil.abraham85 said:

Cant see that these have been picked up anywhere for Everton

Duncan Ferguson- should be Assistant Manager along with Davide Ancelotti

Thanks @neil.abraham85 - we know that both Ferguson and D. Ancelotti are assistants at Everton.  However, despite what has been said about it now being possible to have two Asst Mgrs at a club in-game, it still is not possible.  The "two assistant" feature only works for nations where there are typically two assistant managers per club.

Alex Inglethrope, Liverpool HOYD has a secondary job as U18 coach which is redundant because the HOYD also coaches the U18's, and it actually lowers his coaching rating too due to it being a secondary job.

Mentioned this in the Liverpool FM20 thread, figured i'd put it here too.

1 minute ago, Siven said:

Alex Inglethrope, Liverpool HOYD has a secondary job as U18 coach which is redundant because the HOYD also coaches the U18's, and it actually lowers his coaching rating too due to it being a secondary job.

As mentioned, although factually correct that he does both in real life it does affect his effectiveness in the game. @Pete Sottrel

A few things regarding Newcastle I noticed:
Joe White -> Born in Carlisle, signed a 3 year professional contract ( source -> https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/18023633.family-affair-new-newcastle-utd-professional-joe-white-carlisle/ )
Saint-Maximin and Indalecio -> I would add a friendship between both of them given their history. (source -> https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/10/remarkable-story-as-allan-saint-maximins-friend-florent-indalecio-wins-newcastle-contract-newcastle-united/ )

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, Siven said:

Thanks @Siven

HOYD is indeed set the responsibility of organising general and individual training of the U18 squad.  Alex Inglethorpe is set as Coach (U18 Team) as a second job.  I'm not so sure that organising the training and carrying out the training are one and the same thing, but I will look into it.  Thanks again.