[England Premier Division] Data Issues

19 minutes ago, ManicStreetFootballFan said:

Greenwood was outstanding last season as an 18 year old for a side that came 3rd, Saka was promising but nowhere near as impressive in a side that came 8th, claiming Saka is better based off a handful of games this season is daft.

Greenwood was so impressive by scoring goals all against bottom half sides and is so impressive right now  being dropped from the England squad and can’t start for a team 14th in the league. Even washed up Juan mata is starting more than he is

Saka being nowhere near as impressive is based on what exactly? Saka has shown far more versatility and more facets to his game than Greenwood has.  Ability to play on the left and rw, lb/lwb and even cm. Most assists in the Europa league since last season. Apart from his fearsome shot there’s nothing to suggest he’s going to be an absolute world beater.

Edited by _mxrky
  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, _mxrky said:

Greenwood was so impressive by scoring goals all against bottom half sides and is so impressive right now  being dropped from the England squad and can’t start for a team 14th in the league. Even washed up Juan mata is starting more than he is

Saka being nowhere near as impressive is based on what exactly? Saka has shown far more versatility and more facets to his game than Greenwood has.  Ability to play on the left and rw, lb/lwb and even cm. Most assists in the Europa league since last season. Apart from his fearsome shot there’s nothing to suggest he’s going to be an absolute world beater.

Saka and Greenwood are completely different players, there's no point comparing them. If that's all you think Greenwood has to his game then you've clearly not watched him play at any level outside of a few clips on Match of the Day. There's currently off the field reasons as to why he's not in the team currently but he'd be starting otherwise. 

1 hour ago, _mxrky said:

he's barely played as he had an injury and his mate committed suicide...again he's still a teenager as well so give the kid a break, he showed last season how good he is and if you think you can dismiss that then you clearly don't know football. 

based on nowhere near as many stand out performances last season, being versatile doesn't make you world class, John O'Shea could play in about 10 positions but I doubt you're gonna tell me he was better than Rio Ferdinand (or maybe you are, <insults edited out>)

Edited by Dean Gripton
insults edited out
9 hours ago, _mxrky said:

I understand that the team can’t respond to every suggestion, but it seriously feels like some of us are being completely ignored even when we give opinions backed by data 

Do you work 7 days a week?  It's Sunday evening and I worked about 60 hours last week trying to get the game as good as it can be before the release in my capacity as a QA Lead at SI.  Had a nice day off yesterday.  Logged on after the England match this evening to do a few hours extra work ahead of a deadline tomorrow.  Hope you've had a nice weekend too.  

Serious request - can you condense your previous posts into one and post it again, filtering out anything that is subjective or goes against what is requested for this forum.  Then I'll respond. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey007 said:

The chelsea academy players look very poor with pretty average potentials. These are some of the best young players in the world and their attributes look awful.

Conor Gallagher

Reveal hidden contents

PA 138

This feels quite poor for someone who shone in the championship last season and has been one of struggling west broms best players.

He's got a random PA within a pretty decent range. Was better for Charlton than he was for Swansea, based on what I saw before he joined us. I think technically he's a bit short of what would be needed to qualify as a top prospect at a club like Chelsea but he works very hard which is reflected in his profile. Needed to work a bit smarter for us, I feel, always seemed to be off balance or out of breath receiving the ball, and his first touch often let him down.

Big clubs always need a few grafters, and he's matured physically relatively early. Should have a good career at the top level. Saw his tackle stats the other day and his success % looks to have dramatically improved this season on what it was with us.

I have some suggestions :D 

Robin Koch
He played an fantastic last season with Freiburg and shows slowly why he deserves to be a part of the German Nationalteam. But i feel like in the Game he is way too bad to get even nominated for Germany. In Freiburg he showed that he got very good mental stats so basiclly would push some of those if you need exactly ask me which ones then i can write it to you :) 

Loris Karius
Right now he is just playing on the bench in Union Berlin and did especially at the end of the season last year couple of mistakes at Besiktas so i would downgrade him a bit since he is right now, way too good for a Bench Player at Union Berlin his Reflexes are especially way too good and his ''strong nerves'' are in real life not there. 

thanks for reading :) 
PS: Sorry for my bad english xD

Edited by PlayStrox
16 minutes ago, Jeffrey007 said:

Ethan Ampadu
Same potential as last season. He's an active international and has been doing it on the big stage with motm performances in the cl against tottenham and is no a regular for Chris Wilder. You could make a case that he didn't play a lot last season but that was mostly down to injuries and when he did play, he was great, even outperforming Upamecano.

Ethan's profile looks good to me, apart from his Workrate of 9, and maybe Vision a tad low. An argument to be made for Off the Ball, too. He can be quite an active midfield player for Wales, pressing high and seeking the ball, which might not have been seen in Germany or for Chelsea's u23s (where when I saw him he played as an anchor only).

Very good potential for a player who's imo best suited for centre half but without the physical stature that would really demand a super high CA when he reaches his peak (jumping reach and strength being highly weighted attributes in that position). Really high ceiling for a cultured defensive player.

18 minutes ago, ManicStreetFootballFan said:

he's barely played as he had an injury and his mate committed suicide...again he's still a teenager as well so give the kid a break, he showed last season how good he is and if you think you can dismiss that then you clearly don't know football. 

based on nowhere near as many stand out performances last season, being versatile doesn't make you world class, John O'Shea could play in about 10 positions but I doubt you're gonna tell me he was better than Rio Ferdinand (or maybe you are, clearly you know **** all about the sport as we've established)

Did Rio Ferdinand ever nutmeg Luis Figo? 

10 minutes ago, PhilSavory said:

Virgil Van Dijk

On the beta it states he prefers playing on the right of a two man pairing. This should be the left side as this is the side he has played on for years. Can this please be updated in the full version?

With respect, a quick search will reveal this has been mentioned and responded to on numerous occasions throughout the thread. The DB in the Beta is a few days old and this has been changed for final release. Cheers

Edited by diddydaddydoddy
1 hour ago, Jeffrey007 said:

Anyone who has watched that chelsea youth team for a season would know the bundles of potential there, and while I understand that not everything can be done and there might be a little bias on my part, I urge the chelsea researcher to do a bit more research on the chelsea youth players.

:D can guarantee you the Chelsea researcher will have seen an awful lot more of the Chelsea youth players than... pretty much anyone. Most of the players you mentioned have PAs that could see them become first team players and potentially stars at Chelsea's level in some cases. 

On 14/11/2020 at 02:17, Jamezmcc said:

Just a number of issues with Arsenal.

1. Sokratis current contract ends summer 2021 and NOT summer 2022 as it currently says in the game.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sokratis/profil/spieler/34322

67909461_Screenshot_20201114-021450_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.059391a965b95fd317a5977f575c69ee.jpg

2. Lucas Torreira does NOT have a purchase option of any kind in his loan to Atletico as his agent refuted those false claims.

https://dailycannon.com/2020/10/atletico-dont-have-an-option-to-buy-in-torreira-loan-contract/

1766736602_Screenshot_20201114-021414_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1f4c46c7a807b7fbd522fdc5cb2d2e0c.jpg

Thanks, I've requested a change for Sokratis and I've asked Pete the Premier League HR if he thinks we should remove Torreira's optional future fee based on that evidence.

3 hours ago, tawes1894 said:

I’ve done a season at city and in my save Leeds had the option to buy for 10m and Harrison himself turned it down? Always under the impression we loaned him out with an obligation tbf 

(and @Tom Lenny)

Hmm. Weird that he's turned it down. The £10m amount is deffo there, I'll email this through as a consideration. Thanks.

On 14/11/2020 at 22:36, Jacklar said:

@Dan Ormsby Not sure if you're aware but in game, Sal Bibbo is still working at Arsenal as GK coach, but he left during the summer. 

https://www.arsenal.com/news/coaching-and-backroom-team

Also in addition to this, no mention of Gary O'Driscoll (Medical Director/ Head of Sports Medicine). In previous FM's he was Chief Doctor but has been replaced by Chris Gray.

We made a few staff changes late on that didn't make it in for the public beta.  Bibbo was one of these, he is no longer on the Arsenal staff in our internal builds.  Absolutely convinced Gary O'Driscoll left the club as that's why we removed him, but seems he is back, or maybe we got that one wrong.  Have requested he is added back in.  Thanks.

13 hours ago, PenguinKenny said:

I appreciate this may seem a bit insignificant but I think it could still be corrected.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles has a Penalty Taking value of 7. This is on par with Gabriel and Pablo Mari (both CBs).

He is one of the coolest and most composed penalty takers and I think it should be at least 12 or 13. He doesn't take the penalties for Arsenal so I appreciate it shouldn't be as high as Aubameyang for example, but even then there are certainly other factors that go into this selection.

This video shows 6 supremely taken penalties which, honestly, a player with a 7 in penalties wouldn't be able to pull off so consistently.

I see this has been brought up by multiple users over the past couple of days and is an oversight so I have asked for an increase.  Thanks.

10 hours ago, fredo14 said:

Sorry you've got this completely wrong. Vinai Venkatesham has a Chief Executive position now and is a technical administrator of the club, he has no involvement in footballing/recruitment/assessing talent decisions and therefore should not have a position in the game which involves such. Edu is making the footballing/recruitment decisions now.

Already replied to the original poster saying I spoke to someone who works at the club and we have made appropriate changes.

8 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

We made a few staff changes late on that didn't make it in for the public beta.  Bibbo was one of these, he is no longer on the Arsenal staff in our internal builds.  Absolutely convinced Gary O'Driscoll left the club as that's why we removed him, but seems he is back, or maybe we got that one wrong.  Have requested he is added back in.  Thanks.

I believe he was going to leave early on this year, potentially to Liverpool, but decided to stay in the end. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Do you work 7 days a week?  It's Sunday evening and I worked about 60 hours last week trying to get the game as good as it can be before the release in my capacity as a QA Lead at SI.  Had a nice day off yesterday.  Logged on after the England match this evening to do a few hours extra work ahead of a deadline tomorrow.  Hope you've had a nice weekend too.  

Serious request - can you condense your previous posts into one and post it again, filtering out anything that is subjective or goes against what is requested for this forum.  Then I'll respond. Thanks.

Apologies. It completely slipped my mind that it is indeed the weekend and I do really  appreciate you, and the teams hard work.

My main issues:

Lacazette being presented as a speedster, clinical Poacher.  16 acceleration 16 pace. He simply is not that quick:

17 off the ball movement is a stretch. That puts him in the elite in Europe for off the ball movement. He's not that good in the box, his goal figures speak alone for that (barely 1 in 3 for Arsenal) Hardly any of his goals are him being a fox in the box.  Very rarely runs in behind or creates seperation from defenders in the box. 15 for off the ball would be more representative.

Stamina and natural fitness is too high- should be to 12 or 13

• He gets subbed of at the 70 minute mark usually by 3/4 mangers now (Wenger, Arteta and Emery)
  • Sure he works hard but he is knackered every game after 60 minutes and looks very leggy in most games. 
  • For example end of last season he only completed two 90 minutes in his last 11 games last season. This season he has completed one game. 

Heading 13 is very generous - my suggestion 11.

• I'm not exaggerating, but he literally doesn't know how to head the ball. His technique for headers is shocking. Always closes his eyes and does it with no conviction. His misses against Villa and Leicester highlight this. 

Overall, he is very poor physically, one of the worst in the league in this aspect, yet the game rates him highly in this regard.

Don't know his hidden attributes but he should have fairly low consistency. His away record for us is nothing short of horrific. I believe it is around 10 since he joined in over 3 seasons This is also because he is poor physically (backing his buttocks into defenders doesn't make him strong, which may influence the researchers). 

Not sure what his CA ability is, but he plays like he is a top 4 calibre striker in game, when he is a mid-table level striker. He is not and Arsenal have not achieved it since he arrived and he is partially the reason. 

List of strikers better than lacazette in the premier league but seem to be worse on fm: Ings, Calvert Lewin, Abraham, Werner, Watkins, Antonio, 

Partey is presented as a jack of all trades master of none - Passing 13 and technique 13

Previous user mentioned his low pass accuracy, but that is mainly due to him playing much more long balls  in Simeone system. Even so this season he has a very good long ball pass accuracy and his short and medium range passing:

https://fbref.com/en/players/529f49ab/Thomas-Parte

Dribbling should be 14 

85% success rate in dribbles over the past 3 seasons and on course to surpass it again this season.

https://fbref.com/en/players/529f49ab/Thomas-Partey

He is very press resistant and rarely loses the ball in dangerous positions. Composure should be 15

Edited by _mxrky
31 minutes ago, _mxrky said:

Apologies. It completely slipped my mind that it is indeed the weekend and I do really  appreciate you, and the teams hard work.

My main issues:

Lacazette being presented as a speedster, clinical Poacher.  16 acceleration 16 pace. He simply is not that quick:

17 off the ball movement is a stretch. That puts him in the elite in Europe for off the ball movement. He's not that good in the box, his goal figures speak alone for that (barely 1 in 3 for Arsenal) Hardly any of his goals are him being a fox in the box.  Very rarely runs in behind or creates seperation from defenders in the box. 15 for off the ball would be more representative.

Stamina and natural fitness is too high- should be to 12 or 13

• He gets subbed of at the 70 minute mark usually by 3/4 mangers now (Wenger, Arteta and Emery)
  • Sure he works hard but he is knackered every game after 60 minutes and looks very leggy in most games. 
  • For example end of last season he only completed two 90 minutes in his last 11 games last season. This season he has completed one game. 

Heading 13 is very generous - my suggestion 11.

• I'm not exaggerating, but he literally doesn't know how to head the ball. His technique for headers is shocking. Always closes his eyes and does it with no conviction. His misses against Villa and Leicester highlight this. 

Overall, he is very poor physically, one of the worst in the league in this aspect, yet the game rates him highly in this regard.

Don't know his hidden attributes but he should have fairly low consistency. His away record for us is nothing short of horrific. I believe it is around 10 since he joined in over 3 seasons This is also because he is poor physically (backing his buttocks into defenders doesn't make him strong, which may influence the researchers). 

Not sure what his CA ability is, but he plays like he is a top 4 calibre striker in game, when he is a mid-table level striker. He is not and Arsenal have not achieved it since he arrived and he is partially the reason. 

List of strikers better than lacazette in the premier league but seem to be worse on fm: Ings, Calvert Lewin, Abraham, Werner, Watkins, Antonio, 

Partey is presented as a jack of all trades master of none - Passing 13 and technique 13

Previous user mentioned his low pass accuracy, but that is mainly due to him playing much more long balls  in Simeone system. Even so this season he has a very good long ball pass accuracy and his short and medium range passing:

https://fbref.com/en/players/529f49ab/Thomas-Parte

Dribbling should be 14 

85% success rate in dribbles over the past 3 seasons and on course to surpass it again this season.

https://fbref.com/en/players/529f49ab/Thomas-Partey

He is very press resistant and rarely loses the ball in dangerous positions. Composure should be 15

OK, so...

Regarding Lacazette, I have requested his pace and acceleration are brought down.  I'd argue that as we usually play teams with deep defensive lines, you will rarely see him hit anything close to top speed so it is hard for anyone to judge, be that yourself, me, or anyone.  But multiple users have brought this up in a quite aggressive way, so if this is likely to become a trend I'd rather make a change than be making people genuinely angry.  Regarding his stamina - he runs himself into the ground, with the idea in mind that he will usually be replaced before the end of the match.  This is quite common for lots of strikers.  I'm sure if we didn't have a striker on the bench for a game he'd take his foot off the gas a little and be in better shape in the latter stages.  But, I have brought this down by a point too, for similar reasons to the above.  Natural Fitness isn't actually anything to do with what you describe, it's something which measures conditioning between matches.  With the other attributes they will be staying as they are for the moment and I will review the situation again at the next major research update.

As other posters have pointed out, Partey only arrived very recently and to a large extent we must trust the previous researcher's work.  I have only seen him play in a handful of games for Arsenal too, obviously.  He's started well and I have requested a small change upward to his passing.  Again, anything else will have to wait until the next update.

I think some previous comments about Bellerin's pace and acceleration are also probably valid, so I have requested a small adjustment downward there too.

Hopefully we can leave it there now on all matters relating to Arsenal attributes as unless something is an obvious (and I mean obvious) error, I won't be making any further changes for the release.  I'm afraid I don't have time to discuss this further due to important QA work ahead of the release deadlines - I planned to work 3-4 hours overtime on such work tonight and a big chunk of that has been taken up dealing with this forum thread, which in the grand scheme of things is a lot less important.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, swansongs said:

Ethan's profile looks good to me, apart from his Workrate of 9, and maybe Vision a tad low. An argument to be made for Off the Ball, too. He can be quite an active midfield player for Wales, pressing high and seeking the ball, which might not have been seen in Germany or for Chelsea's u23s (where when I saw him he played as an anchor only).

Very good potential for a player who's imo best suited for centre half but without the physical stature that would really demand a super high CA when he reaches his peak (jumping reach and strength being highly weighted attributes in that position). Really high ceiling for a cultured defensive player.

Agreed. I do feel his potential could be a bit better though. He’s definitely more of a defensive midfielder in my opinion. Chris Wilder said that’s where he sees his future and that’s where Lampard wants him as well. Cheers!

6 hours ago, Nick OGS20 said:

:D can guarantee you the Chelsea researcher will have seen an awful lot more of the Chelsea youth players than... pretty much anyone. Most of the players you mentioned have PAs that could see them become first team players and potentially stars at Chelsea's level in some cases. 

Ah, chelseayouth on twitter would beg to differ. Unless..

Well, I created various saves to check this theory and their PAs never seemed to excite me. Maybe i’m just overly concerned about the PAs. Cheers mate!

10 hours ago, PlayStrox said:

I have some suggestions :D 

Robin Koch
He played an fantastic last season with Freiburg and shows slowly why he deserves to be a part of the German Nationalteam. But i feel like in the Game he is way too bad to get even nominated for Germany. In Freiburg he showed that he got very good mental stats so basiclly would push some of those if you need exactly ask me which ones then i can write it to you :) 

Loris Karius
Right now he is just playing on the bench in Union Berlin and did especially at the end of the season last year couple of mistakes at Besiktas so i would downgrade him a bit since he is right now, way too good for a Bench Player at Union Berlin his Reflexes are especially way too good and his ''strong nerves'' are in real life not there. 

thanks for reading :) 
PS: Sorry for my bad english xD

Thanks for your input @PlayStrox - please feel free to drop me a line about Koch, and I will pass it on to our Leeds researcher.

13 hours ago, Stubear said:

Gareth bales loan contract to Tottenham is not correct. There is no option to extend the loan for a second season. Also he is massively underated. I find it hard to believe all these others strikers that are better in most areas. His mentality is to low, his vision is Miles better in real life, his technique should be second to none and his attacking should be better. For someone world class he has got terrible ratings.

thanks for your opinions @Stubear - the option to extend the loan has been remedied.

37 minutes ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks for your input @PlayStrox - please feel free to drop me a line about Koch, and I will pass it on to our Leeds researcher.

Robin Roch
He played an fantastic last season with Freiburg and shows slowly why he deserves to be a part of the German Nationalteam. he showed many Times that he can play out the back and doesn't struggle much with his Mental. He can Defend really well and his Headers are in the game a little bit underrated.

such a line? o.o 

16 hours ago, aaronwhitehead1995 said:

Good afternoon, 

A small change for Sheffield united again. The owners own a umbrella of teams called 'United World' which has 3 other teams in

Al Hilal and Beerschot VA are already listed as affiliates in the game, however there is another club Quartz fc (India) was bought and rebranded to FC Kerala United. It looks like this should be listed the same as Al Hilal as a 'mutually beneficial relationship'

https://www.goal.com/en/news/kozhikode-quartz-fc-indian-football-kerala-sheffield-united/1r8n8ywgeqvta1kudm0g9euuik

https://sportsgrasp.com/football/quartz-fc-set-to-be-renamed-as-fc-kerala-united/ 

Matt Prestridge, is listed as head of sport science, however he also doubles up as a first team coach

https://trainingground.guru/staff-profiles/sheffield-united-staff-profiles

In the boardroom there should be a couple of changes: 

Mousa'ad Bin Khalid Al Saud - Chairman https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/musa-rsquo-ad-bin-khalid-al-saud/profil/trainer/83364

Abdullah bin Yousef Alghamdi - Director https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/abdullah-alghamdi/profil/trainer/83370

Reem bint Abdullah Al Saud - Director https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/reem-bint-abdullah-al-saud/profil/trainer/83369

I have previously wrote about Jan Van Winckel not having the role of Technical DIrector, I have found his linked in which states he is a board member at sheffield united and technical director at United World. I believe this should be a tweak to take him away from the technical director role. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jan-van-winckel-8418864/?originalSubdomain=sa

Without sounding like a broken record from previous posts from other teams fans i believe Hassan Ayari could have a higher potential (he had a viral youtube video at 6 year old dubbing him the little messi after all haha)

As of 7th November the last games he played he has 10 goal, 5 assists in 9 matches, including 4 freekicks as well as been involved in the first team training regularly both this season and last season. From all accounts he sounds like him and Hackford are two of the brightest prospects for a long time. 

I don't expect him to become a world beater or even a premier league player, however for the rep and performances for the U18's plus pushing the first team in training maybe this could be something the SUFC researcher could look at? I know on the forum Sheff Utd S24SU there is a dedicated person who follows the academy and hardly misses a match, he puts him up there with the best products the academy has has in the last 10 years.  

I dont know his potential rating, however when i start a game he is a 2.5 star, this seems a little low for someone who has performed so well for the academy teams, scoring goals etc and regularly participating in the first team training

Thanks for your input @aaronwhitehead1995 

I'm not sure what you would like us to do with regard to Jan Van Winckel; is he not a Director and Technical Director at Sheffield United, which is how he is set in the database?

These are my thoughts after playing Man Utd in the beta for over 1 season:

Pogba is a bit too good. His technicals and physicals are good, but his mentals should be lowered a bit. In real life and in FM he is a bit like Ødegaard; they are no doubt good players but in real life there is something lacking in their game; bravery is certainly one of them (and is reflected in game), but there is something else that is hindering their potential to have a real impact in their game. It could be determination that should be lowered a good amount? I don't really think it has to do with consistency.

Telles is extremely good in game. I know his stats are probably not set by the man utd researcher, but he is having a huge impact on the man utd save games to the point that having him as a complete wing back makes him extremely dominant, even getting lots of penalties due to his forward runs.

Bissaka's positioning is too high. This has been mentioned, but otherwise he is correct. Lingard is spot on (and actually usable for the right tactics).

McTominay has too good tackling. I rarely see him tackle cleanly to merit that kind of stat. His composure could even be reduced a little too. Those are the two main things he needs to work on in real life, preventing him being a fantastic player (although useful).

Fred is established as an aggressive ball winner and team player and this should be reflected more in game. He has gotten a renewed career under Ole due to this role. Team work should be much higher at least.

Daniel James has been very injury prone on my save. In real life he gets tackled and roughed up alot, but he has an amazing fitness. 

My only issue, and it is a relatively minor one is Richarlison´s tackling and general defensive work in real life isnt really replicated in the game. He has been in the top three forwards for tackles (and interceptions) since he came to the league four seasons ago. Last year he did something like 30% more successful tackles than the next forward on the list. Again this season he is top of the list despite missing the past three games. Its not that he is just one of the best at it or even the best, it is that he is miles and miles ahead of every other forward in the league in this category

On 14/11/2020 at 15:18, krajcik38 said:

@mattgranger hey, sorry for being rude. Bad on my side. Would you mind looking into this or giving me some kind of feedback. I would like to know your opinion.

Hi @krajcik38thanks for the apology, I understand that player ratings do invoke a lot of passion and of course its one of the most difficult and contentious aspects of the research process for us researchers.

Soucek has had a big CA boost from last years game. I do completely understand your gripes regarding his stamina, but I wanted to make sure that Soucek's all around game was improved to reflect his ability and his importance to our team. If I were to bump his stamina up to 20 it would then mean that I couldn't increase other attributes such as passing, first touch etc. It can be difficult when we have to stay within an ability range. I will certainly keep an eye on his attributes and if possible can look to tweak in the winter update.

Hopefully this explanation helps somewhat.

Hi @mattgranger

A few West Ham things I'd flagged up. Some you may be able to change ahead of release, some not, but here goes.

1) Ben Clarkson (Southend United Head Physio) now works for West Ham Academy u23's down as a physio.

2) Zavon Hines works for West Ham U18's as a coach still. He was on FM20 but isn't on FM21.

3) Unconfirmed, but I believe Paul Konchesky still has some responsibilities as our loan manager, despite also being Assistant Manager at Billericay. Are dual roles/clubs allowed?

4) Can Jack Collison (former WHU player and youth coach) be put on the game at Atlanta United?

5) As per a couple of peoples comments, Michail Antonio more than does a job as a Pressing Forward currently, BUT I think it should be recognised as his primary position now.

All of the above things are something I'll change when the editor is live anyway, but thought I'd share.

14 minutes ago, PhillWHU86 said:

Hi @mattgranger

A few West Ham things I'd flagged up. Some you may be able to change ahead of release, some not, but here goes.

1) Ben Clarkson (Southend United Head Physio) now works for West Ham Academy u23's down as a physio.

2) Zavon Hines works for West Ham U18's as a coach still. He was on FM20 but isn't on FM21.

3) Unconfirmed, but I believe Paul Konchesky still has some responsibilities as our loan manager, despite also being Assistant Manager at Billericay. Are dual roles/clubs allowed?

4) Can Jack Collison (former WHU player and youth coach) be put on the game at Atlanta United?

5) As per a couple of peoples comments, Michail Antonio more than does a job as a Pressing Forward currently, BUT I think it should be recognised as his primary position now.

All of the above things are something I'll change when the editor is live anyway, but thought I'd share.

Hi @PhillWHU86thanks for the comments, very helpful.

1) Will get Ben Clarkson added in as U23 physio

2) Zavon Hines is an U14 coach for West Ham, hence why he is not on the game currently. If he moves to U18 or higher, we can add him back into the game

3) I haven't been able to find any info on Konchesky still being our loan manager. His LinkedIn doesn't seem to have been updated for a while. As far as I am aware he is Assistant Manager/Player at Billericay so unsure if that would leave him any time to also be our loan manager

4) Will look into Jack Collison for you, I did action that move to Atlanta, he's listed as U18 coach for Atalanta's academy. It might be that you need the larger database or load the MLS to see him?

5) Antonio's position has now been set to 20 for striker, so this should be his natural position when the game is released. 

1 hour ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks for your input @aaronwhitehead1995 

I'm not sure what you would like us to do with regard to Jan Van Winckel; is he not a Director and Technical Director at Sheffield United, which is how he is set in the database?

Hi sorry for not clearing up the Van Winckel,

I believe he should just be set as director and not technical director as he seems to have left this role from his LinkedIn and other articles.

Maybe im just saying that so when i start my main save i can get a better technical director in haha

Keep up the good work

26 minutes ago, mattgranger said:

Hi @PhillWHU86thanks for the comments, very helpful.

1) Will get Ben Clarkson added in as U23 physio

2) Zavon Hines is an U14 coach for West Ham, hence why he is not on the game currently. If he moves to U18 or higher, we can add him back into the game

3) I haven't been able to find any info on Konchesky still being our loan manager. His LinkedIn doesn't seem to have been updated for a while. As far as I am aware he is Assistant Manager/Player at Billericay so unsure if that would leave him any time to also be our loan manager

4) Will look into Jack Collison for you, I did action that move to Atlanta, he's listed as U18 coach for Atalanta's academy. It might be that you need the larger database or load the MLS to see him?

5) Antonio's position has now been set to 20 for striker, so this should be his natural position when the game is released. 

Top man!

20 hours ago, Tom Lenny said:

Jack Harrison loan deal at Leeds united currently has no future fee in place, but there is an agreed fee of 10 mill for after the loan has finished this season (20/21 season)

This is correct. Is is an option, not an obligation.

15 hours ago, PlayStrox said:

Robin Koch

5 hours ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Robin Koch is currently our second best centre back in terms of CA, behind Diego Llorente. Both those players have had their research done by the German and Spanish researchers respectively, something I would like to stay largely faithful to for now as they will have had much greater exposure to the players than me.

I have made some very small changes to Koch in the time he has been with Leeds to ensure that he is correctly considered by the AI, but I do think he is generally well represented. It is clear that he has quality, but he has also been solely responsible for a number of the goals we have conceded this season. Mistakes that, if consistent, would suggest his Mentals are not the strongest part of his game. I would like to reserve any further judgement until I have seen him play more than a handful of matches.

Transfers appear to be unrealistic.

Ansu Fati signed for Man United in January for around 50m. If anyone thinks that's likely I'd be surprised.

Chelsea also spent 70m on Thomas Lemar, after this summers spending I highly doubt they'd be shelling out another 70m on an attacking player.

Liverpool picked up Haaland for 70m, again seems slightly unlikely but maybe the more realistic of the 3. 

Generally just seems to be A LOT more spending than I would realistically expect?

Jurgen Klopp finished 3rd with Liverpool in 1st season and was sacked. I highly doubt that's likely?

If Liverpool did finish 3rd this season I'd suspect that Klopp has enough credit in the bank to avoid being sacked and replaced by Sari?

Seems to be a general theme of managers being sacked too often which seems to have slowed in real life and this is the best example I could give without listing them all.

9 minutes ago, JasonLFC10 said:

Transfers appear to be unrealistic.

Ansu Fati signed for Man United in January for around 50m. If anyone thinks that's likely I'd be surprised.

Chelsea also spent 70m on Thomas Lemar, after this summers spending I highly doubt they'd be shelling out another 70m on an attacking player.

Liverpool picked up Haaland for 70m, again seems slightly unlikely but maybe the more realistic of the 3. 

Generally just seems to be A LOT more spending than I would realistically expect?

Thats for the Transfers, Contracts etc forum rather than a database issue.

As is your second post :)

Edited by Brentford Alan

Man Utd won the league. If that's not a bug with the current squad I don't know what is?

I have tried to look for players potentially overpowered. Wan Bisaka 20 for tackling seems high, granted he is a strong tackler but 20?

Mason Greenwood, very good player, seems a bit over powered. Stats are up there with some of the best players in the world already?

Bruno Fernandes seems to be as overhyped as he is in real life. Again very good player but some stats seem exaggerated. 

Pogba maybe another example. Technically seems to be over powered and not sure if the flair stat is for his hairstyles of his football. I rarely see him pulling off skills and dribbles in game? Usually its his physical strength that sees him beat players so I would agree with his physical strengths.

As I say I am looking for overpowered players more due to the over performance early in the game. I may be missing players of focusing in on the wrong ones.