[England Premier Division] Data Issues

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Rags89 said:

There seems to be very little changes to Aston Vila player attributes. Grealish has no improvements. 16 dribbling for the best ball carrier in the league (https://twitter.com/Other14The/status/1325841895361290241/photo/1), 13 pace still, and 14 passing, 15 vision ( https://twitter.com/Other14The/status/1326131968145297408/photo/1). He is in the top 5-20 players in the league easily it would be nice if that was reflected, on form atm only Kane/Fernandes are arguably ahead. Tyrone Mings still has run ball now left as PPM despite being a centre back for 3 seasons. Trezeguet work rate is 14 and should be much higher. Matty Cash has 9 for tackling, 9! He has the most tackles and interceptions in the league outside the top 6, and possibly in the whole league(https://twitter.com/Other14The/status/1326117588569649152/photo/1).  Ollie Watkins has below par attributes, he has 6 in 7 and was a £28-£33 million signing. Not trying to be rude but this is pretty disappointing all in all, £30 and the attributes seem ported from FM20.

AND WE'RE BACK!

4 minutes ago, Rags89 said:

Sorry for expecting a Premier League side to have an attribute review for a new game launch. It's OK I guess I can wait till March to use Ollie Watkins in the game. 

Ollie Watkins has had an attribute update (as did Jack Grealish, I've checked our database) during the summer. I'm sure should OW continue his success he'll be updated either before full release if you could point to specific errors or for the winter update.

2 minutes ago, MrZollo said:

Thought I'd report that Ferran Torres and Wesley Fofana are listed for loan. 

They've both contributed well to their clubs this season so I think this should be changed.

The game decides who to list, rather than the DB. Worth raising in our Transfer section.

Note that I believe Torres is only natural at AMR, for which he is third in the pecking order, which may mean the game believes he is best served by being loaned out.

The game scheduling is off, I am playing chelsea back to back in the league and my first manchester derby is in March , followed by one in May.

Hope this helps :)

9 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

Ollie Watkins has had an attribute update (as did Jack Grealish, I've checked our database) during the summer. I'm sure should OW continue his success he'll be updated either before full release if you could point to specific errors or for the winter update.

Grealish was updated in March which was great. I don't see any difference between that and this release however. If players are updated before full release then obviously fair enough but to wait to March to get a more accurate representation of player ability is unreasonable to me. Watkins is not even rated as a Premier League Striker at present, and our tough tackling full back can't tackle. 

Edited by Rags89
Just now, Rags89 said:

Grealish was updated in March which was great. I don't see any difference between that and this release however. If players are  updated before full release then obviously fair enough.  

He's not had a complete overhaul but he has had an increase. Again if you can say what errors there are then that may help something being done prior to full release.

4 minutes ago, N97 said:

The game scheduling is off, I am playing chelsea back to back in the league and my first manchester derby is in March , followed by one in May.

Hope this helps :)

This would be one for the Competition & Rulegroups area, rather than DB, please.

5 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

The game decides who to list, rather than the DB. Worth raising in our Transfer section.

Note that I believe Torres is only natural at AMR, for which he is third in the pecking order, which may mean the game believes he is best served by being loaned out.

He had a fair (IMO) rating for AML & ST added just in time, still hoping to change the game's mind on him being loaned out for launch :D

@MrZollo Torres is fairly rated and should still be very useable for managing at City's level, regardless!

4 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

He's not had a complete overhaul but he has had an increase. Again if you can say what errors there are then that may help something being done prior to full release.

Fair enough, you're right he has gone up 1 point in first touch. 

Just now, Rags89 said:

Fair enough, you're right he has gone up 1 point in first touch. 

And a couple of other atts, his CA has also increased. Again, you NEED to point out which attributes are incorrect and why otherwise I doubt anything will be changed.

When OW left Brentford he was a very good Championship striker and is rated as such, there were no guarantees he'd be a success at his new level. He has the PA to become a decent Premier League striker, as he is doing in real life.

12 minutes ago, basqueliverpool said:

Liverpools u18 manager marc bridge wilkinson not in game

MBW has definitely been added to the database as Liverpool U18 manager - must have been too late to make the cut for the version of the game you are playing now (beta). That will be visible in the release version of the game. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, basqueliverpool said:

Mahrez has a virus which i thought wasnt going to be in the game, 

Just for clarity, there is still the illness 'Virus' in the game, along with Cold, Flu, Food Poisoning etc. This has not changed from FM20. Needless to say this is not intended to be anything other than a generic virus.

Is there not club specific data issues this year? Apologies if there is and this is in the wrong place

Luke Ayling signed a new contract taking him till 2023, currently ends in 2021: https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/25596/luke-ayling-signs-new-deal

Jamie Shackelton signed a new contract till 2024, currently ends 2021: https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26902/jamie-shackleton-extends-leeds-united-contract

Would also have Ayling as accomplished as CB, played there a few times particularly as when playing 3 CB's

Pablo Hernandez often plays as a CM these days, granted the way Leeds play its difficult to pin down positions, but I'd say he should be accomplished at this

Patrick Bamford has 3 stars for being a inverted winger RW, but only 2 and a half stars for any of the CF roles, I know this comes from his stats but surely that's not right?

Edited by stu9000
my poor grammar
26 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

And a couple of other atts, his CA has also increased. Again, you NEED to point out which attributes are incorrect and why otherwise I doubt anything will be changed.

When OW left Brentford he was a very good Championship striker and is rated as such, there were no guarantees he'd be a success at his new level. He has the PA to become a decent Premier League striker, as he is doing in real life.

I've pointed out under valued stats re Grealish and Cash and provided evidence to back it up is that the sort of thing you are looking for? To further evidence this Grealish's top speed has been reported as in the top 6 this season via OptaJoe @35.1 km/h

Watkins I would suggest: Heading 12>14, Work rate 13>16, Acceleration 13 > 15, Pace 14 > 15, Jumping 11>13, Strength 12 > 14 . I feel that would reflect his abilities better without going OTT after 7 PL games and his amazing season last year. Evidence? Well he won Championship player of the year and scored 26 goals without penalties, was coveted by Leeds and Spurs and was sold for up to £33 million. I don't have this top speed in km per hour, or amount of ground covered per 90 I'm afraid but these are his stats from last season: https://twitter.com/Other14The/status/1303642213105258497/photo/1. Note the 65% headed duel wins re heading improvements, as well as his headed goals his season, 2 already.  I've found an article on the Athletic website which is well researched. Highlights include:

"Pre-season training would often make for interesting viewing when Watkins was involved as he consistently topped the charts for speed, stamina, high-intensity sprints and a stack of other metrics. Brentford’s programme editor, Chris Deacon, tells The Athletic: “Ollie transformed himself into a physical specimen. We’d call him a      machine because it looked like he would set himself into third gear and then cruise along at the front while everyone else was blowing...

It will come as a surprise to many that, among Premier League forwards, only Oli McBurnie (22) Andy Carroll (22) Dominic Calvert-Lewin (17) and Chris Wood (16) have won more headers then Watkins (15) this season. Maybe more telling is that, of those strikers, recognised for their aerial dominance, only Carroll (22 won, 10 lost) has a better win-to-lose ratio in headed duels."

Edited by Rags89

A really random one that I'll fully accept if you don't put in!

Tottenham fitness coach Elliot Ferguson-Dillon is a Chelsea supporter. Source: his Linkedin showing he played for them a youth level, plus my own knowledge from having been to school with him :lol: (he'd have been a decent player if he had a second foot...)

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/elliot-ferguson-dillon-1110b674

Mason Greenwood has had very few attribute changes from FM20 which is quite a surprise considering his breakthrough year. Obviously his main talent is finishing which has the same attribute rating of 16. Following his deadly conversion rate, either his finishing, concentration or decision attributes deserve a slight bump. Name me a striker with a better goal or shot on target rate than him last season? Also, positioning just 3, the same as last season? He has to be in good positions to have scored all those goals last season.

One player trait which Greenwood has lost in FM21 compared to FM20 is 'places shots' which has to be an error. Every shot of his is perfectly placed.

Jesse Lingard on the other hand has had barely any decreases to his attributes. He had yet another dire season and has been well and truely dropped by Man Utd and England. Can't deny that his work rate and teamwork attributes are rightly high, but the likes of first touch, passing and off the ball attributes need lowering a few points. They have been his main downfall.

Dean Henderson, one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League last year and close to the Golden Glove. A sure choice in the England squad these days despite not even playing much for United yet. However, hardly any improvements to his attributes. Even the coaches at United only class him as a fringe player at the start of the game. Surely with de Gea's decline he should be up there competing more for the no.1 spot.

Edited by McClane29
9 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

Filip stevanovic is showing as being with Man City and on loan to partizan. dont think any transfer has been done for him

He joins in Jan but will probably stay there on loan till the end of the season. The game doesn't allow a future transfer followed by a loan, so it is better to transfer him early.

4 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Also, positioning just 3, the same as last season? He has to be in good positions to have scored all those goals last season.

Positioning is a defensive attribute that helps to govern how well a player will position themselves when defending. You're thinking of Off The Ball :thup:

6 minutes ago, Sean Blinkhorn said:

He joins in Jan but will probably stay there on loan till the end of the season. The game doesn't allow a future transfer followed by a loan, so it is better to transfer him early.

didnt know that had happened. all his links were to united

Leeds United:

I'm just typing as I go through this so apologies for the...carelessness...of how it's formatted.

Other rivals listed: I can see Sheffield Wednesday, Bradford, Sheffield United and Huddersfield listed as local rivals. They are local games but I'd only really class Bradford as a local rival or rather, as one of the local rivals Leeds class as a rival. Huddersfield is very much a case of them hating us and us...having no idea why (!) and not caring about them, Wednesday is a game with a bit more of an edge to it but I don't think many Leeds fans would class them as a rival as such and Sheffield United, there's never really been a rivalry other than a competitive rivalry for a few games in Bielsa's first season. I suppose it does come down to your interpretation of it all - for me they, Bradford aside, are local games rather than local rivals. I'd also dispute Derby being listed as a historic rival. Barring the molehill that was made into a mountain by the media (Spygate) and Lampard celebrating a play-off final win more than the birth of his kids, there's no real needle there. They fall into that sort of weird...chasm...with other teams that try and drag us into having a rivalry with them when really, we don't feel it back, they were just the obstacle fate handed to us in our quest for promotion.

Listed Icons: John Lukic and Ian Harte aren't really classed as icons. Icons is generally seen as a step down from Legends and I don't think they're revered enough at Elland Road. Giles, Clarke, Strachan and the others all fall into that category but those two just don't. In fact, Harte has had a number of spats with fans over him trying to change the culture in the youth side as he's an agent and has/has had a few players within those youth teams that are on his books. Suggestions: Pablo Hernandez (upgraded from favoured personnel), Nigel Martyn, Tony Yeboah, Bobby Collins. 

Number of Season Ticket holders: needs to change from 18,250 to 23,000 - as per the club's Season Ticket FAQ - https://www.leedsunited.com/seasontickets/faq

Liam Cooper information: It's got him down as a Leeds supporter. However, this was looked into by a Hull fan as he'd made a similar claim there: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liam-cooper-makes-more-leeds-4036935

Abilities:

Ayling - Composure, First Touch, Passing all to be boosted by 1? He's rarely troubled on that right hand side, gets forward constantly, has always looked competent in possession since being here and formed brilliant link ups on the right with Hernandez over the last few seasons. 

Struijk - Personality to change to - if there is one - quiet? Phil Hay from The Athletic noted him as a quiet type in an article he did on him and you can see he's a bit shy in his demeanour. 

Dallas - Composure definitely needs boosting, he's another that never appears troubled. I'd say his passing and first touch could do with reviewing and perhaps his agility too.

Phillips - Composure also needs a boost. He's the key part of the team, takes on so much and very rarely does he appear to suffer with it. I'd perhaps say the same about his positioning too - he's always in the right place at the right time. 

Klich - Concentration and Decisions to be boosted by 1? His role is vital as he takes on such a wide variety of different on-field tasks and is constantly having to be switched on. Never really looks like he drifts out of game and is always one that appears to make the right decisions.

Harrison - Concentration to be boosted by 2? I've watched him over the past few seasons and he picks up a lot of defensive work whether that's pressing the opposition high or getting back to help out or whether it's him constantly being an option to receive the ball and being ready to create a focus to distract an opposition player and allow space for an overload. He works his cojones off and is dedicated to his role in the team.

Bamford - Composure to be boosted? I know he's had his moments over the last few seasons but he's started this season like a house on fire and that's no fluke. 

I'd also maybe change the expectation this season to either a bottom-half finish or avoid relegation. I know after 16 years away from the PL we don't want to end up trying to get into it again and the expectation among many is to avoid relegation and see what happens from there.

Happy to discuss these further - that's literally all I can see from going through things so well done to whoever did the Leeds details etc.

Southampton.

Carl Martin is B Team (U23 in the game) coach not U18 Assistant Manager. Louis Carey listed on the clubs website as U18 Coach - not in game.

James Ward-Prowse - Free Kick Taking, 16 seems criminally low... Strength 10 also seems low based on what I have seen of him so far in the PL. 

Danny Ings - Finishing 15, not based on last seasons stats and his start this season. Vardy is 18 for comparison in the game.

Club Culture - Possession Based football is desired. Based on how Hasenhuttl has the side playing IRL which isn't founded on possession based football I would consider this not to be the case.

Edited by WhiteRose74
Update

I'm very surprised to see the lack of attribute upgrades for certain players this season. Adama Traore has only 12 crossing despite the numerous assists he got from crosses for Raul Jimenez. His mental attributes are also shocking (hardly changed from last year) despite the clear improvement he has shown in his development. Similarly I think Wilfried Zaha is criminally underrated. His first touch, passing, long shots are extremely low in comparison with his Crystal Palace teammates even though if you watch any Palace game you can see he is head and shoulders above everyone else in the team. Marcus Rashford is a hugely underrated player IMO. Technique, crossing, finishing, composure are attributes where he could have at least 1/2 point upgrades, his last season was his best in a United shirt and at the same time his attributes are almost indistinguishable from Ayoze Perez?? Also if anyone in the game is deserving of the Model Citizen personality it surely has to be him? Tariq Lamptey is another player who is criminally underrated. I appreciate he has a very small sample size having only played a handful of games last season but his technical and mental stats are what you would expect from a League 1 player, if that. Another strange one is the left backs at Chelsea. Emerson and Alonso seem to be extremely overrated, especially Alonso. His tackling and positioning appear to be far too high, considering Chelsea have conceded a lot of goals in the past due to his lack of defensive ability. Emerson also has very high attributes whereas Chilwell is too underrated, on paper he looks like the worst of the three if you just look at attributes. Michail Antonio is far too low in some stats too, 12 finishing should be closer to 14/15 considering he was West Ham's standout performer last year in attack and carried them out of the relegation battle. I understand it may not be very helpful since I've just rambled on and not provided any concrete evidence but it would be much appreciated if people could attach stats to back up my points for some of the players above as I think anyone could see that certain players are just rated far too lowly in certain attributes

Edited by marcocepeda00

Matty Cash's stats haven't been upgraded from FM20. He was the standout rb in the division in 19/20 alongside Ayling, and his tackling duel stats were astronomical, while his in game tackling is 9.

His stats don't reflect very well his adeptness at rb since repositioning, and ultimately place him at Aston Villa B/good championship team level, non-representative given his performances so far in the PL have been top class (WhoScored avg rating of 7.22). 

Edited by GaribaldiRed

Thiago Alcantara 3 star rating seems disrespectful on all levels. 

I think the majority of football fans would agree he is in the top 5 midfielders in the world and has been for at least 3 years. 

Just now, LW94 said:

Thiago Alcantara 3 star rating seems disrespectful on all levels. 

I think the majority of football fans would agree he is in the top 5 midfielders in the world and has been for at least 3 years. 

The star rating is relative to his teammates at PL title winners Liverpool.

20 minutes ago, Rags89 said:

We are persecuted! If Jack was at Manure he'd be 20s across the board! ;) 

Criminally underrated... I understand not superboosting ones stats based on the good start villa have had but he's clearly took his game to another level 

1 minute ago, swansongs said:

The star rating is relative to his teammates at PL title winners Liverpool.

I understand that, it's still wrong in my opinion. He's just arrived from a treble winning Bayern side, they weren't too shabby themselves 

4 minutes ago, LW94 said:

I understand that, it's still wrong in my opinion. He's just arrived from a treble winning Bayern side, they weren't too shabby themselves 

He definitely has the attributes of a world class midfield player but possibly your coaches are marking him down a bit for being small. 

Edited by swansongs
15 minutes ago, marcocepeda00 said:

I'm very surprised to see the lack of attribute upgrades for certain players this season. Adama Traore has only 12 crossing despite the numerous assists he got from crosses for Raul Jimenez. His mental attributes are also shocking (hardly changed from last year) despite the clear improvement he has shown in his development. 

As many ARs will tell you, it's extremely difficult to balance players in game with high pace/acceleration. Saying that though, most areas of Adama's game are still poor IRL. His mentals really aren't good and it reflects that well in game.

Surprised at Lamptey's stats on the beta. I know he hasn't been around first team football for a long time but I think he has shown enough to warrant much higher crossing, dribbling and passing stats and slight upgrades in a lot of other areas.

2 minutes ago, DaveAzzopardi said:

As many ARs will tell you, it's extremely difficult to balance players in game with high pace/acceleration. Saying that though, most areas of Adama's game are still poor IRL. His mentals really aren't good and it reflects that well in game.

I see, is that why Lamptey's attributes are abysmal too?

1 hour ago, McClane29 said:

Mason Greenwood has had very few attribute changes from FM20 which is quite a surprise considering his breakthrough year. Obviously his main talent is finishing which has the same attribute rating of 16. Following his deadly conversion rate, either his finishing, concentration or decision attributes deserve a slight bump. Name me a striker with a better goal or shot on target rate than him last season? Also, positioning just 3, the same as last season? He has to be in good positions to have scored all those goals last season.

One player trait which Greenwood has lost in FM21 compared to FM20 is 'places shots' which has to be an error. Every shot of his is perfectly placed.

Jesse Lingard on the other hand has had barely any decreases to his attributes. He had yet another dire season and has been well and truely dropped by Man Utd and England. Can't deny that his work rate and teamwork attributes are rightly high, but the likes of first touch, passing and off the ball attributes need lowering a few points. They have been his main downfall.

Dean Henderson, one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League last year and close to the Golden Glove. A sure choice in the England squad these days despite not even playing much for United yet. However, hardly any improvements to his attributes. Even the coaches at United only class him as a fringe player at the start of the game. Surely with de Gea's decline he should be up there competing more for the no.1 spot.

Greenwood and Henderson (by the Sheffield Utd researcher) each got significant CA upgrades over the summer and double-digit numbers of attributes were changed for both - almost all increases. It doesn't do anyone any good to exaggerate and claim nothing has been changed, especially five minutes after the game has been released.