Jump to content

[Scotland] Data Issues


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, swansongs said:

All the qualities you mention are governed by different attributes. Leadership is the shouty attribute, which controls how well the example they set is transmitted to their teammates.

I would question that in the modern game, Leadership or being a captain is no longer about who shouts the most that is something that is going out the game, Without a shadow of a doubt Tavernier is a fantastic leader at Rangers and definitely leads by example, Not going to get into a huge debate on the matter however I do believe his should be higher and if the leadership attribute is just based on shouting then researchers or SI should maybe be looking at considering putting more thought or a change to it not saying he should be up there in the same level as Scott Brown but I do feel that he should be higher. If you don't believe so fair enough as it's just my opinion but I personally feel he is a great leader at the club and if you look at Steven Davis he isn't exactly a 'Shouty' player either yet his leadership is up at 18.

And finally the example Tavernier sets on the rest of the team is 2nd to none as he conducts himself on and off the park as a proper leader and captain.

Link to post
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, 2 Girls 1 Schlupp said:

I would question that in the modern game, Leadership or being a captain is no longer about who shouts the most that is something that is going out the game, Without a shadow of a doubt Tavernier is a fantastic leader at Rangers and definitely leads by example, Not going to get into a huge debate on the matter however I do believe his should be higher and if the leadership attribute is just based on shouting then researchers or SI should maybe be looking at considering putting more thought or a change to it not saying he should be up there in the same level as Scott Brown but I do feel that he should be higher. If you don't believe so fair enough as it's just my opinion but I personally feel he is a great leader at the club and if you look at Steven Davis he isn't exactly a 'Shouty' player either yet his leadership is up at 18.

And finally the example Tavernier sets on the rest of the team is 2nd to none as he conducts himself on and off the park as a proper leader and captain.

FWIW I never pick my captains in FM based on Leadership, I always go for the players who will set the best example, be they especially good at influencing their teammates on the field or not. A good captain will, as you say, bring a level of performance, attitude, fitness etc. to the team for their teammates to follow. Bravery, Natural Fitness, Professionalism, Temperament etc. all recommended. Like so much in the match engine a combination of attributes need to be considered.  

I think since the introduction of the team hierarchy pyramid the role of the Leadership attribute on its own has reduced in scope even further. Players will look to a Team Leader more than an Other Player. The "put more thought into it" you mention has already been done, it's just not being factored into a single 1-20 attribute value. We can now think of Leadership itself in a more specific, visibly (or audibly) obvious sense of it as a skill. The respect that comes with age and experience is factored in elsewhere.

Link to post

Just finished a season with Thistle there and came 2nd, 9 points behind eventual winners Falkirk who took 5 points off me in the three meetings - about right.

However, Alloa Athletic finishing comfortably third in the Championship and Dundee finishing 9th? Come on, Alloa have been overpowered in the last two games now, it's getting ridiculous.

I understand being able to nick a result here and there and being able to survive, but third? Balance needs to be struck surely.

Link to post

Will there be more youth players added for the full version? Seems to be a very poor amount of youth players for the teams in general with the likes of Hamilton only having one 16 year old despite having one of the best youth systems in the country. Also the teams that do have a couple of 16 or 17 year olds have them in the reserve squad so outside the old firm just about every other youth team is made up of blacked out players which is disappointing when you go look at the the Welsh and Irish youth teams who mostly all have there youth team filled with 11 + real players.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Chris Hamilton said:

Will there be more youth players added for the full version? Seems to be a very poor amount of youth players for the teams in general with the likes of Hamilton only having one 16 year old despite having one of the best youth systems in the country. Also the teams that do have a couple of 16 or 17 year olds have them in the reserve squad so outside the old firm just about every other youth team is made up of blacked out players which is disappointing when you go look at the the Welsh and Irish youth teams who mostly all have there youth team filled with 11 + real players.

Aberdeen gave a debut to a 16 year old today.  Ronald Hernández was his name.  Came on when Aberdeen were 4-0 down to Rangers so didn't get to see much of him.

Link to post
18 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Rangers now 11 points clear at the top of the SPFL.  If Rangers beat Benfica on Thursday they'll be guaranteed a place in the Europa knockout stages for the second year in a row.

RangersTop.JPG.af156d39cb8bc92cbe1e692d45be1247.JPG

RangersTop2.JPG.0ad6a9a9e8d979a1f3bd8fc2e0108f01.JPG

Thanks, what is the database/research issue in football manager in this post?

Link to post
36 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Rangers now 11 points clear at the top of the SPFL.  If Rangers beat Benfica on Thursday they'll be guaranteed a place in the Europa knockout stages for the second year in a row.

 

From the very first post in this thread

 

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.

Link to post
44 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Aberdeen gave a debut to a 16 year old today.  Ronald Hernández was his name.  Came on when Aberdeen were 4-0 down to Rangers so didn't get to see much of him.

You what?  

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Yer Maw said:

Thanks, what is the database/research issue in football manager in this post?

Celtic are rated higher than Rangers in the Football Manager database.  I think it's by one point, so the teams are pretty even, but still.  The reality is Rangers are running away with the domestic league and are on course to reach the knockout rounds of the Europa League again.  Rangers are outperforming Celtic by quite a distance at the moment both domestically and in Europe.

So my point is the data base doesn't reflect the reality.  Rangers are the better team and are now the bookies favourites and for good reason.  The tables speak for themselves.

 

Edited by PigeonStrangler
Link to post
9 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Celtic are rated higher than Rangers in the Football Manager database.  I think it's by one point, so the teams are pretty even, but still.  The reality is Rangers are running away with the domestic league and are on course to reach the knockout rounds of the Europa League again.  Rangers are outperforming Celtic by quite a distance at the moment both domestically and in Europe.

So my point is the data base doesn't reflect the reality.  Rangers are the better team and are now the bookies favourites and for good reason.  The tables speak for themselves.

 

 

Which particular piece of data is wrong?

And after every conversation you've had on here so far why do you think sweeping, average squad based, changes would be made based on slightly over a quarter of a season? Would you equally argue that Man City, 8 points behind Spurs, being rated on average better than them is unrealistic and Spurs' average player CA should be higher than City?

Link to post

Hibs have a partnership with Charleston Battery in the USL Championship, so they should be one of their affiliated clubs in the game. Is it past the cut off point for the database in the full game or can this be put in? 

https://www.charlestonbattery.com/news_article/show/1131964?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=11.10_PressHibsAnnounce

Link to post
7 hours ago, Chris Hamilton said:

Will there be more youth players added for the full version? Seems to be a very poor amount of youth players for the teams in general with the likes of Hamilton only having one 16 year old despite having one of the best youth systems in the country. Also the teams that do have a couple of 16 or 17 year olds have them in the reserve squad so outside the old firm just about every other youth team is made up of blacked out players which is disappointing when you go look at the the Welsh and Irish youth teams who mostly all have there youth team filled with 11 + real players.

I've detected that under 18s football is a bit of a passion of yours so please let us know which players are missing.

Please bear in mind that as a result of COVID-19 a lot of clubs released a lot of their u18 squads due to cost cutting and when the teams are playing u18s football, the lineups are hugely supplemented by under 16s or kids who have just turned 16 in real life and missed out cut off date.

Like I say though, if you know of players who are missing and who fit the criteria for inclusion then let us know. 

 

7 hours ago, Chris Hamilton said:

Phil O’Donnell is listed in both the icons and legends of Motherwell. 
Should James McFadden not be in the game? He was as a Scotland coach last year.

O'Donnell is an issue that's been fixed.

McFadden is in the game. There are lots of unattached non players who were not pulled through into the database of the pre-release beta, including it would seem McFadden. This will be addressed.

 

Link to post
30 minutes ago, AceAvenger said:

Hibs have a partnership with Charleston Battery in the USL Championship, so they should be one of their affiliated clubs in the game. Is it past the cut off point for the database in the full game or can this be put in? 

https://www.charlestonbattery.com/news_article/show/1131964?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=11.10_PressHibsAnnounce

Yes, we've included this. We might need to tweak the nature of the affiliation if we haven't got all the right stuff done for it, but it is in.

Link to post

@PigeonStrangler I've read your posts and I thank you for your feedback.

To clear something up, this is what the balance attribute is for...

This determines how accurately the player can kick while moving at speed, and how good he is at staying on his feet after crossing the ball while running at a high pace.

It should also be taken into consideration when considering how well he keeps his balance when challenged, although Strength is the main determining factor for that.

So I think 10 is ok, but it will be reviewed mid way through the season, as all players and attributes will be.

As for the general ratings of Rangers; I think I've said before that I am happy with them. Rangers are doing really well at the moment and are 11 points clear (with 2 games in hand so it could end up that they are 5 points clear), but today's table is a snapshot of the season. And again, it will be reviewed.

But there's more to it than ability. Perhaps club morale at Celtic is down? Perhaps the manager has lost the dressing room? Perhaps on the flipside at the moment morale and form at Rangers is sky high?

Regardless; it will be reviewed as these things always are, but not until after release at this stage.

So you've made your point, but you'll just be wasting your own energy to keep making that point again and again now.

 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Aberdeen gave a debut to a 16 year old today.  Ronald Hernández was his name.  Came on when Aberdeen were 4-0 down to Rangers so didn't get to see much of him.

 

 

Ronald Hernandez is a 23 year old full Venezuelan international who had already made 4 appearances for Aberdeen before today...

Edited by Dean Gripton
deleting petty arguing with other user
Link to post
41 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

Yes, we've included this. We might need to tweak the nature of the affiliation if we haven't got all the right stuff done for it, but it is in.

Amazing, thanks for the response!

Link to post
37 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

I've detected that under 18s football is a bit of a passion of yours so please let us know which players are missing.

Please bear in mind that as a result of COVID-19 a lot of clubs released a lot of their u18 squads due to cost cutting and when the teams are playing u18s football, the lineups are hugely supplemented by under 16s or kids who have just turned 16 in real life and missed out cut off date.

That’s fair enough and makes sense at this particular time,  most of the club’s development websites have a lot of players listed but don’t have D.o.b.‘S so might well all be u16. 
 

Without being a pest haha Will the Scottish FA Youth cup be included this year I’ve been trying hard for a few years to push for it but seems to keep getting overlooked? 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Chris Hamilton said:

That’s fair enough and makes sense at this particular time,  most of the club’s development websites have a lot of players listed but don’t have D.o.b.‘S so might well all be u16. 
 

Without being a pest haha Will the Scottish FA Youth cup be included this year I’ve been trying hard for a few years to push for it but seems to keep getting overlooked? 

The honest answer is I forgot to add it, and I know I said I would.

I'm not sure coding it would be the priority for the rules team either, but I'll get it added for next time.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

The honest answer is I forgot to add it, and I know I said I would.

I'm not sure coding it would be the priority for the rules team either, but I'll get it added for next time.

Appreciate the response will look forward to seeing it added in the future. 

Link to post

Here's one. Not sure if it's a data issue right enough... it appears the registration window for League 1 opens on 3rd January, but it makes all my players unregistered on 1st January. Now I've got a game on 2nd January and don't have any players registered, and won't let me register because it's outwith registration window... Tried holidaying past date and game but playing with gen'd players means a 3-1 loss to Dumbarton, after going season until now undefeated, so quite miffed at it.

 

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 19.36.34.png

Link to post
6 minutes ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

Here's one. Not sure if it's a data issue right enough... it appears the registration window for League 1 opens on 3rd January, but it makes all my players unregistered on 1st January. Now I've got a game on 2nd January and don't have any players registered, and won't let me register because it's outwith registration window... Tried holidaying past date and game but playing with gen'd players means a 3-1 loss to Dumbarton, after going season until now undefeated, so quite miffed at it.

 

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 19.36.34.png

this is being caused by brexit, I asked earlier in thread, is this rule change actually happening? seems very unlikely to me. although not fully clued up 

Link to post
1 hour ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

Here's one. Not sure if it's a data issue right enough... it appears the registration window for League 1 opens on 3rd January, but it makes all my players unregistered on 1st January. Now I've got a game on 2nd January and don't have any players registered, and won't let me register because it's outwith registration window... Tried holidaying past date and game but playing with gen'd players means a 3-1 loss to Dumbarton, after going season until now undefeated, so quite miffed at it.

 

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 19.36.34.png

 

This forum is for issues with the data in the database.

With apologies for your issue, but is an issue to do with rules, the transfer window and registration,. Therefore, please post it in

 

 

Link to post

I've been looking at the Hibs players in preparation for a save when the game is out, and I've noticed one peculiar thing.

Josh Doig, who is a left back in the game, and on his profile on the Hibs site that says he's "comfortable at centre-back, left-back or left wing-back", is right footed. Now granted I've never seen him play but it's odd to see a defender who plays exclusively on the left be right footed. I've tried to find footage of him playing to confirm and all I've found was 2 minute video. In that video you can see he dribbles with his left foot almost exclusively, an indicator that he prefers using his left foot, albeit he does take a shot with his right in the video. He also scored a goal against Celtic in a friendly with his right. I know the latter two pieces of evidence is contrary to the point he is left footed, but the fact he uses his left foot to dribble, even when he is cutting inside, is a strong indicator that he is left footed.

I could be wrong, but maybe it's an oversight by the Hibs researcher who made a simple mistake when putting his footedness. Currently he's very strong with his left and reasonable with his right, it should be swapped.

Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...