Jump to content

[Scotland] Data Issues


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, PigeonStrangler said:

I feel like Rangers are being underrated.  This is a team who reached the last 16 of the Europa League last season beating Porto, Braga, Feynoord, etc.  This season Rangers have 7 points from their first 3 Europa games and look set for the knockout stages again.

Domestically the team are 9 points clear at the top and have already beat Celtic at Parkhead.

Rangers have only conceded 4 goals all season.  Despite playing teams like Willem ii, Galatasaray, Celtic, Standard, Poznań, Benfica, etc.

Bassey’s physicality and forward running is excellent.  He’s strong in the air as well.  He needs a buff.  

Just my opinion.

Firstly, like all new signings Calvin Bassey will be reviewed fully for the January update once he's (hopefully) had the chance to play a number of games. He's not played much yet but I do like what I've seen so far.

3 hours ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Tavernier has one of the highest goals and assists returns, for a defender, on the planet right now.  If Rangers keep performing the way they have been I wouldn’t be surprised if England called up Tavernier just to have a look at him.  

Tavernier should be very strong going forward and comfortable defensively for the level he's playing at. As much as his performances have improved so far this season he was still at fault for quite a few goals last season, especially in the games against tougher opponents. Young Boys away springs to mind. Given the number of options England have at right back I can't see Tavernier getting the call. There are many younger players playing at a higher level right now. England are not exactly struggling in that department. If Tav was 21 and performing like this then you might have a point but I think that ship has sailed.

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback.

Link to post
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, chopper198481 said:

Karimoko Dembele is shown as English and as only having u20 caps for them but he has been caped at the same level for Scotland and has not committed to ether nation as far as I am aware 

 

From what I believe he was actually planning to hold out for Ivory Coast initially when he was younger but according to reports he has ruled out playing for Scotland at youth level and will continue to play for England to try gain a full cap, But I don't think hes declared to a nation in game which is the best you can ask for really. (My opinion) I would imagine it's tough to implement him playing for both youth nations in his records as it conflicts but not sure.

 

3 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

This is Tav's return for me so far  this season. Granted its a small sample size but its pretty similar to real life.

Capture.PNG

I agree with this, Tav has 8 in 8 league games for me (all pens) and 2 assists but think that's more tactics

41 minutes ago, Ter said:

Firstly, like all new signings Calvin Bassey will be reviewed fully for the January update once he's (hopefully) had the chance to play a number of games. He's not played much yet but I do like what I've seen so far.

Tavernier should be very strong going forward and comfortable defensively for the level he's playing at. As much as his performances have improved so far this season he was still at fault for quite a few goals last season, especially in the games against tougher opponents. Young Boys away springs to mind. Given the number of options England have at right back I can't see Tavernier getting the call. There are many younger players playing at a higher level right now. England are not exactly struggling in that department. If Tav was 21 and performing like this then you might have a point but I think that ship has sailed.

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback.

 

I 100% agree with everything here.No way is Tav getting an England call up.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Ter said:

Firstly, like all new signings Calvin Bassey will be reviewed fully for the January update once he's (hopefully) had the chance to play a number of games. He's not played much yet but I do like what I've seen so far.

Tavernier should be very strong going forward and comfortable defensively for the level he's playing at. As much as his performances have improved so far this season he was still at fault for quite a few goals last season, especially in the games against tougher opponents. Young Boys away springs to mind. Given the number of options England have at right back I can't see Tavernier getting the call. There are many younger players playing at a higher level right now. England are not exactly struggling in that department. If Tav was 21 and performing like this then you might have a point but I think that ship has sailed.

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback.

Tav seems about right having played almost a season. I stand by earlier comments where we can look at spread maybe knock crossing upto 16 and reduce somewhere else and maybe try get positioning to 10 altho I don't think I've noticed that too much in game. 

Tav goldson and Kent all seem to be being watched by Southgate in my save but yet to get a call up... Which from media would appear to be about right, there or thereabouts if there's an injury crisis. I seen a post the other day that suggested if tav and goldson played in England they'd be full internationals based on this season. 

I imagine him being a very hard one to call because in his day he's unplayable. But how often does he hit those hieghts but I also don't think it's a consistency, but rather when team around him is playing well he finds an extra 10-20% 

The one consern I'd raise just now is helander. In real life he is an absolute rock (bar benfica) but it's all positioning consentration and awareness he is really not that quick. But stats wise he is fairly quick for a CB. Was managing average of 7.8 over a season till Feb when I decided 18m from China was more than enough even though can't get a replacement. He was constant motm in a team where the CBs basically sat on the half way like and don't think in any highlights he ever got beaten. I'd suggest reducing his pace slightly or maybe it's this year's match engine is kinder to slower CBs 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Conor67 said:

Some missing Celtic youth players - Connor Beedham, Ben Quinn, Joseph Murphy, Jude Smith, Dylan Corr, Bashir Mahmoud

Aiden Gibb no longer at club


Beedham was missed,

 

as for the rest if you know any of their d.o.b then let me know as cant seem to find any of them online so possibly might have missed age cut off 

 

cheers.

Link to post

Robbie Neilson needs looked at. His preferred tactical style is park the bus and that's absolute nonsese. 

 

This is a manager who in his two full seasons in the Championship has won the thing. Took Hearts to 3rd in his first season back up and then left them 2nd in the league. Currently he's completely doomed to fail with his tactical style.

Link to post
On 17/11/2020 at 01:19, cinglis8 said:

Some Hearts bits, nothing major really on top of what has already been mentioned:

-Away kit graphic is missing the Save the Children sponsor, third kit is the only one without sponsor.

-Hearts have worn all maroon in all cup games so far this season, might be worth considering changing their home cup kit to have maroon shorts instead of white as default (Not sure if this is actually possible but worth a try!)

-Hearts home GK kit is light blue and away is orange as shown here: https://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/browse/c-Kits-1/c-Goalkeeper-14 The blue one looks good in the game engine but the others appear to be all yellow or all black

The squad numbers need a look at. Ginnelly and Wighton have the wrong squad numbers (Wighton should be #15, and Ginelly #30)

-Andy Halliday should have #16, could well be preferred number as he wore and Rangers and noticed it tattoo'd on his forearm in his squad pic.

 

-Ross Stewart should be #13

-The under-18/reserve squad numbers are from last season. Unfortunately I can't find any online evidence as to what they should be but have noticed a few that appeared on the bench on league cup game vs East Fife eg. McGill #36, Logan #37, Darge #44, Denholm #49 https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1326232012680798208/photo/1 Aside from actually contacting the club I'm not sure how to get these, this would probably not get a quick reply from the club if any! :D 

 

 

Thanks for the comments, I've had a look at what's happened with some of the squad numbers and it appears when I've been changing Ginnely's I've set his Preston number to 30 and not ours this may have caused Wighton's to be wrong. Ross Stewart is set as 13 and yeh I noticed a few younger players had different squad numbers from last year against East Fife but i'll get that looked at for Jan update.

 

Kits are signed off by SPFL so i'll ask and see what can be done for away keepers top.

 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, mattyw_1874 said:

Robbie Neilson needs looked at. His preferred tactical style is park the bus and that's absolute nonsense. 

 

This is a manager who in his two full seasons in the Championship has won the thing. Took Hearts to 3rd in his first season back up and then left them 2nd in the league. Currently he's completely doomed to fail with his tactical style.

I wouldn't say he's doomed to fail as every test I've ran he's won the championship and then done ok in premier league. I do however agree he's not a park the bus manager. This isn't something I set but will be an accumulation of his attributes and tendencies on first look I can't see how he's ended up as park the bus but I'll speak to the rest of the Scottish team and see what can be changed. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, WeePaul said:

I started up a Celtic save and Edouard has runs down the left from the start. I know you said it wasn't in the DB, will I report it as a bug in another thread?

Just checked the DB again just incase I missed it but only PPM he has is Likes ball played into feet, could report it as a bug and see what they say

Link to post

Calvin Bassey is built like a tank.  His strength and balance in this game should be very high.  His strength and power is his main asset, he can even play CB.  

When the game starts his balance is 10.  Balance relates to a players ability to get knocked off the ball.  10 does not accurately reflect the size and ability of Bassey who was brought to Scottish football due to his physicality.  Watch some footage of him play!

47DF6BD2-3008-4E3A-9C07-223C8F43A5D8.thumb.jpeg.d66c2f67e78ebf845d81032e36fbbd94.jpeg

2FC7D54E-6045-405B-8FD7-3A3B4B28873F.jpeg.39abcc113806202cb8b8cce77b27e00a.jpeg

Link to post
22 hours ago, Ter said:

Firstly, like all new signings Calvin Bassey will be reviewed fully for the January update once he's (hopefully) had the chance to play a number of games. He's not played much yet but I do like what I've seen so far.

3 hours ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Calvin Bassey is built like a tank.  His strength and balance in this game should be very high.  His strength and power is his main asset, he can even play CB.  

When the game starts his balance is 10.  Balance relates to a players ability to get knocked off the ball.  10 does not accurately reflect the size and ability of Bassey who was brought to Scottish football due to his physicality.  Watch some footage of him play!

 

 

 

As Ter said he will be reviewed in January as we don't update new signings we have not seen much

Link to post
On 12/11/2020 at 20:56, simplythebest92 said:

Thankfully this is only the beta but I do think too big a gap exists between the Old Firm that doesn’t exist anymore in real life.

Went on holiday there for 3 different seasons during the first half of the Euro Qualifiers and got similar results.

first season - Celtic won league by 22 points

second season - they won by 17 points

third season - Celtic by 22

Gerrard was also sacked midway through every season. (Almost as bad as him leaving to Bristol City etc in last years edition lol)

It honestly feels like FM 2017-19 where there was a genuine gap between the Old Firm reflective to real life. 

Maybe the researchers aren’t convinced by Rangers this season yet or maybe Celtic are too overpowered but I certainly think they should be looked at as I would have both at similar abilities etc. 

Just finished my first season. Celtic won it by 2 points, the final old firm game is what won it for them. I finished 3rd 9 behind 

Edited by marclindie
Link to post
On 15/11/2020 at 10:48, Logan1888 said:

I had the same issue yesterday, think it might be a bug as forrest was running around with sandy hair

I'm hoping this gets fixed for the full release. Just seen O'Halloran and Bryson with blonde hair as well.

Link to post

Hamilton Accies job just came up in the first season and I've noticed that whilst their predicted position is 11th (which is the position they occupy in the table), their chairman is expecting the team to win the Premiership title. I'm not 100% up to speed on Scottish football, but I'm guessing Hamilton aren't actually on the cusp of breaking the Old FIrm monopoly any time soon?

Link to post
5 hours ago, joshpmilton said:

Hamilton Accies job just came up in the first season and I've noticed that whilst their predicted position is 11th (which is the position they occupy in the table), their chairman is expecting the team to win the Premiership title. I'm not 100% up to speed on Scottish football, but I'm guessing Hamilton aren't actually on the cusp of breaking the Old FIrm monopoly any time soon?

Seems like a bug.  Checking the Db they should only be expected youth production from you.  Can you report it in Club Vision and Performance section. 

Link to post
On 18/11/2020 at 14:21, PigeonStrangler said:

Calvin Bassey is built like a tank.  His strength and balance in this game should be very high.  His strength and power is his main asset, he can even play CB.  

When the game starts his balance is 10.  Balance relates to a players ability to get knocked off the ball.  

Balance is the ability to play accurately when moving at speed. The key 'don't get knocked around' attribute is Strength. Balance has only a minor, supplementary effect in order to help those small, "low centre of gravity" players who are abnormally good at shielding the ball compensate for low Strength values. 

Edited by swansongs
Link to post
1 hour ago, swansongs said:

Balance is the ability to play accurately when moving at speed. The key 'don't get knocked around' attribute is Strength. Balance has only a minor, supplementary effect in order to help those small, "low centre of gravity" players who are abnormally good at shielding the ball compensate for low Strength values. 

"balance in FM terms is simply the ability to withstand force. Think of it as the opposite of strength, which is the ability to exert force."

Bassey is massive and strong as an ox.  if balance relates to being able to hold off opposition players then 10 is not reflective of his actual physical attributes.  

Link to post
4 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

"balance in FM terms is simply the ability to withstand force. Think of it as the opposite of strength, which is the ability to exert force."

Bassey is massive and strong as an ox.  if balance relates to being able to hold off opposition players then 10 is not reflective of his actual physical attributes.  

My definition comes straight from the attribute guidelines we are provided as researchers. "Balance as simply defensive strength" is overstating a minor, secondary effect of the attribute. If the player is strong as an ox he should have high Strength, with no need for supplemental balance.

Edited by swansongs
Link to post
4 minutes ago, Hairycull said:

bebc2a3f2a8efebf3eb1412886ee52e5.png

 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6301242/celtic-karamoko-dembele-fifa-21/

 

I know we had this discussion last year too but Dembele's PA is not high enough in this game. The world is at this guys feet.

i really wouldn't use FIFA as a benchmark for evidence. Ill guarentee you EA put alot less time into their research of ratings etc than the lads who youve brought this too. Im sure the Celtic researcher would probably be open to a debate on dembeles potential, which im sure last year was -85 although not certain and my fm20 pregame editor wont load, but that potential bracket puts him as the best youth prospect our of Scotland in my memory, better than the best Gauld, Gilmour, Robertson etc. And amoungst some of the best young players within the game. He might even be top 10 if he pings the top end of a -85 load up. But again maybe not because FMs database is much much larger than that of what EA are offering. 

Link to post
17 minutes ago, Hairycull said:

bebc2a3f2a8efebf3eb1412886ee52e5.png

 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6301242/celtic-karamoko-dembele-fifa-21/

 

I know we had this discussion last year too but Dembele's PA is not high enough in this game. The world is at this guys feet.

 

7 minutes ago, wardog said:

i really wouldn't use FIFA as a benchmark for evidence. Ill guarentee you EA put alot less time into their research of ratings etc than the lads who youve brought this too. Im sure the Celtic researcher would probably be open to a debate on dembeles potential, which im sure last year was -85 although not certain and my fm20 pregame editor wont load, but that potential bracket puts him as the best youth prospect our of Scotland in my memory, better than the best Gauld, Gilmour, Robertson etc. And amoungst some of the best young players within the game. He might even be top 10 if he pings the top end of a -85 load up. But again maybe not because FMs database is much much larger than that of what EA are offering. 

For a guy that has only played 3 senior games his PA range is already high enough as  war dog points out.

additionally using FIFA to back up your point isn’t a good idea.

Edited by Yer Maw
Link to post

Well, maybe I am using the very respectable :eek: Sun Newspaper to back up my point?  :D I am not btw.

I am sure there are reasons he has only played a hand full of senior games.  Some of which could be:

1 Being he is a small 17 year old in a physical league. Which might only damage him.

2 Celtics terrible start to this season has meant Lennon cant risk giving him game time

3 He is out of contract at the end of the season so there is a chance he will leave us.

I wonder if he does leave Celtic at the end of the season to join a club in a big league then will FM22 have him with a much better PA?

 

 

Link to post
20 minutes ago, Hairycull said:

Well, maybe I am using the very respectable :eek: Sun Newspaper to back up my point?  :D I am not btw.

I am sure there are reasons he has only played a hand full of senior games.  Some of which could be:

1 Being he is a small 17 year old in a physical league. Which might only damage him.

2 Celtics terrible start to this season has meant Lennon cant risk giving him game time

3 He is out of contract at the end of the season so there is a chance he will leave us.

I wonder if he does leave Celtic at the end of the season to join a club in a big league then will FM22 have him with a much better PA?

 

 

if im right and he was -85 that means 3 pa windows higher. all 3 of those are big windows. what pa are you requesting specfically and on what basis? much higher and we starting to discuss messi level potential, messi was in the barca side at 17 

Link to post
19 hours ago, swansongs said:

My definition comes straight from the attribute guidelines we are provided as researchers. "Balance as simply defensive strength" is overstating a minor, secondary effect of the attribute. If the player is strong as an ox he should have high Strength, with no need for supplemental balance.

10 balance and 14 strength does not accurately reflect the size and strength of Calvin Bassey.  He's not going to get any smaller by the time January comes.  His baseline physical attributes should be better than what they are.  

Check - 3:08

Check - 5:23

You can see how big Bassey is from these clips.  He can comfortably hold off opposition players with his physicality and strength.  

Link to post
23 minutes ago, Hairycull said:

Well, maybe I am using the very respectable :eek: Sun Newspaper to back up my point?  :D I am not btw.

I am sure there are reasons he has only played a hand full of senior games.  Some of which could be:

1 Being he is a small 17 year old in a physical league. Which might only damage him.

2 Celtics terrible start to this season has meant Lennon cant risk giving him game time

3 He is out of contract at the end of the season so there is a chance he will leave us.

I wonder if he does leave Celtic at the end of the season to join a club in a big league then will FM22 have him with a much better PA?

 

 

His contract is up at the end of the season.  He is almost certainly going to leave for a team in England in January.  It's a shame so many of Scotland's best youth prospects get scooped up like this (Billy Gilmour being another recent example) but there's very little that can be done.

Link to post
35 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

10 balance and 14 strength does not accurately reflect the size and strength of Calvin Bassey.  He's not going to get any smaller by the time January comes.  His baseline physical attributes should be better than what they are.  

Check - 3:08

Check - 5:23

You can see how big Bassey is from these clips.  He can comfortably hold off opposition players with his physicality and strength.  

Third time. Third researcher. No matter how many different videos you post on here, doesn't change the fact that BALANCE... IS... NOT... A... HOW WELL BUILT... HOW STRONG HE IS... ATTRIBUTE!!!! The Swansea boy gave you it word for word :seagull:

Edited by Giro
Link to post

The second clip provided is an example of Balance. He dribbles and then plays the pass accurately, without slowing down. 10 isn't a bad rating but if that's a regular feature of his game a future increase could be justified. For values in the higher ranges of the attribute he would need to regularly perform more difficult actions successfully under the same conditions (bouncing balls, accurate longer crosses etc.).

He's 20 years old and with a good potential range, 14 is a decent starting point for his Strength to develop. A lot of players in the SPL will bounce off him with that value as it is.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Hairycull said:

Well, maybe I am using the very respectable :eek: Sun Newspaper to back up my point?  :D I am not btw.

I am sure there are reasons he has only played a hand full of senior games.  Some of which could be:

1 Being he is a small 17 year old in a physical league. Which might only damage him.

2 Celtics terrible start to this season has meant Lennon cant risk giving him game time

3 He is out of contract at the end of the season so there is a chance he will leave us.

I wonder if he does leave Celtic at the end of the season to join a club in a big league then will FM22 have him with a much better PA?

 

 

All you need to do is quote the Daily Mail and you have the full set :p:lol:

I do understand where you're coming from regarding Dembele but we're in a difficult position as we've been here before, if you've been around the research as long as I have :lol: with Feruz, McGeady, MALONEY, where they all broke through at Celtic as superstars and we were getting pelters and petitions for our sacking for not giving -9s, -10s :lol:. And as their careers panned out, they never did reach the highs that a -75, -8 PA would give, never mind a -9 or 10, so in cases like this, where we do maybe have the next best thing coming through, we still need to look at what's been before and try to reign in any hyperbole. The PA he's got just now could again, see him become one of the best prospects Scotland's had, if he reaches his full potential in game and as he's only 17, there's still scope where we could decide on upping his PA in the future if he does start looking the super-superstar folk think he may be.

Hope that makes sense and reasonable :lol:

 

Edited by Giro
Link to post
37 minutes ago, Giro said:

All you need to do is quote the Daily Mail and you have the full set :p:lol:

I do understand where you're coming from regarding Dembele but we're in a difficult position as we've been here before, if you've been around the research as long as I have :lol: with Feruz, McGeady, MALONEY, where they all broke through at Celtic as superstars and we were getting pelters and petitions for our sacking for not giving -9s, -10s :lol:. And as their careers panned out, they never did reach the highs that a -75, -8 PA would give, never mind a -9 or 10, so in cases like this, where we do maybe have the next best thing coming through, we still need to look at what's been before and try to reign in any hyperbole. The PA he's got just now could again, see him become one of the best prospects Scotland's had, if he reaches his full potential in game and as he's only 17, there's still scope where we could decide on upping his PA in the future if he does start looking the super-superstar folk think he may be.

Hope that makes sense and reasonable :lol:

 

Its a very hard one for you guys. Adu and Samba are basically memes these days. While im sure many (and i include myself in this over the years) where players at the old firm in particular (im sure some lads at other clubs caused a stir aswell) seem underrated. This year I can only talk for Rangers, but the youth there seems very fair. CA looks like its taken a bump from the challenge cup run which means many of the players are on the fringes of the team, which it sounds like could be the case in real life. But none jumping into the team either. 

PA wise I only ran a season so Id be going off staff i usually wait for pregame editor to discuss but again most seemed very fair at the moment. Robby McCrorie probably the only one I thought - is he really looking like a player who could replace McGregor short or long term as hes expected to in Real life, although to be honest I'd have absolutely no idea what researcher would be looking after him with Rangers, Livi and QotS all candidates. It could be a minus potential ive ran a lower end but id question him still being on minus when hes now had 2 complete seasons jumping the divisions of senior football via loans. Again this could be my staff not rating him correctly however so without pregame i cannot come close to a fair discussion on this. 

Just for record id be hoping for a PA in region of 140-150 PA for Robby. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Giro said:

Third time. Third researcher. No matter how many different videos you post on here, doesn't change the fact that BALANCE... IS... NOT... A... HOW WELL BUILT... HOW STRONG HE IS... ATTRIBUTE!!!! The Swansea boy gave you it word for word :seagull:

So despite Bassey being physically massive and strong as an ox he gets a 14 for physicality.  No other attribute reflects his physical size and strength.  Even video evidence won’t help you see what is clearly visible to everyone who has seen the boy play.  Okay, got it. 

For perspective Joe Aribo has a 15 for strength on FM21.  Is Joe Aribo (an attacking CM) physically stronger than Bassey (a CB who can also play LB)?  As a Rangers fan who watches every minute of these guys play I can safely say no.  

Your baseline stats are off.  No point providing you with anymore feedback since it’s clearly not being listened too. Bye.

 

Edited by PigeonStrangler
Link to post
23 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

So despite Bassey being physically massive and strong as an ox he gets a 14 for physicality.  No other attribute reflects his physical size and strength.  Even video evidence won’t help you see what is clearly visible to everyone who has seen the boy play.  Okay, got it. 

For perspective Joe Aribo has a 15 for strength on FM21.  Is Joe Aribo (an attacking CM) physically stronger than Bassey (a CB who can also play LB)?  As a Rangers fan who watches every minute of these guys play I can safely say no.  

Your baseline stats are off.  No point providing you with anymore feedback since it’s clearly not being listened too. Bye.

 

So now you realise that EVERY POST YOUVE POSTED HAS BEEN ABOUT BALANCE 10 and your argument was wrong, you throw a tantrum and try to change what you were arguing about in the first place to make us look the eejits. Gotcha.

You maybe NOW have an argument when we're talking about strength as he is a brick but a 14 at his age is a great attribute rating, plenty room to grow in game as he gets older just as he should irl. Now if his strength isn't rising as the in game years advance, then yes, its something we can look at but as we always, always say, do not just look at the attributes as soon as you load up, play the game, see how the players develop or not and then we might have something we can work with.

But to also repeat what Ter and Bryan told you, he's a new signing, we trust the previous clubs researcher as they've likely to have seen him more than we have and that's both the Leicester boy and our very own SI employed, Rangers supporting researcher, giving him a 14, that's good enough for me as they know what they're doing.

Edited by Giro
Link to post
1 hour ago, wardog said:

Its a very hard one for you guys. Adu and Samba are basically memes these days. While im sure many (and i include myself in this over the years) where players at the old firm in particular (im sure some lads at other clubs caused a stir aswell) seem underrated. This year I can only talk for Rangers, but the youth there seems very fair. CA looks like its taken a bump from the challenge cup run which means many of the players are on the fringes of the team, which it sounds like could be the case in real life. But none jumping into the team either. 

PA wise I only ran a season so Id be going off staff i usually wait for pregame editor to discuss but again most seemed very fair at the moment. Robby McCrorie probably the only one I thought - is he really looking like a player who could replace McGregor short or long term as hes expected to in Real life, although to be honest I'd have absolutely no idea what researcher would be looking after him with Rangers, Livi and QotS all candidates. It could be a minus potential ive ran a lower end but id question him still being on minus when hes now had 2 complete seasons jumping the divisions of senior football via loans. Again this could be my staff not rating him correctly however so without pregame i cannot come close to a fair discussion on this. 

Just for record id be hoping for a PA in region of 140-150 PA for Robby. 

Ah Robby McCrorie, I don't want to hear that name again for a while but we no doubt will :lol:. I can't remember a player that has divided opinion in the research team such as Robbie and that includes both our Rangers and Livi' researchers. It would have been a concenus, of all 3 in rating him, though Ter's opinion holds highest regarding the potential (and obviously Stuart). McCrorie was performing as a Gordon Banks/Andy Goram love child at the start of testing, he was the CM supakeepa, so as I say, there's been alot of talk and discussion regarding him internally.

Edited by Giro
Lev Yashin was showing my age
Link to post
33 minutes ago, Giro said:

So now you realise that EVERY POST YOUVE POSTED HAS BEEN ABOUT BALANCE 10 and your argument was wrong, you throw a tantrum and try to change what you were arguing about in the first place to make us look the eejits. Gotcha.

You maybe NOW have an argument when we're talking about strength as he is a brick but a 14 at his age is a great attribute rating, plenty room to grow in game as he gets older just as he should irl. Now if his strength isn't rising as the in game years advance, then yes, its something we can look at but as we always, always say, do not just look at the attributes as soon as you load up, play the game, see how the players develop or not and then we might have something we can work with.

But to also repeat what Ter and Bryan told you, he's a new signing, we trust the previous clubs researcher as they've likely to have seen him more than we have and that's both the Leicester boy and our very own SI employed, Rangers supporting researcher, giving him a 14, that's good enough for me as they know what they're doing.

I haven't changed anything.  Balance does have some relevance to a persons physicality according to Sports Interactives own MOD 'HUNT3R'

12.JPG.561a8ccb45ad0d666a413a8441bc85c4.JPG

Even in game 'Balance' is defined as being the ability to stay on your feet on and off the ball.  Does 6'2" Calvin Bassey look easy to knock off his feet when he's running up the wing, or in defense?  No, he's a physical match for anyone I've seen him play against.  I've never seen him get knocked off the ball.

Just to highlight how absurd this physical rating of 14 is for Bassey he's a 6'2" CB who is being deployed as a covering LB for Rangers.  Frimpong at Celtic is 5'7", is skinny, and has very little strength at all.  Far better going forward than he is defensively but he gets an 11 for strength.

Bassey a 14.  Frimpong is an 11.  Frimpong is younger than Bassey so maybe he can develop his strength to Bassey like levels, yes?  Ridiculous.  

 

Edited by PigeonStrangler
Link to post

Not sure theres a real issue with Bassey, already his strength is up to 15 in mine and its only 6 months into the season his balance is also up 1, infact, most of his attributes are heading up in my save, play him (as well as most other kids) and you should see an increase in attributes. 

 

 

Capture.PNG

Edited by jimbo22
Link to post
Just now, Giro said:

MOD NOT RESEARCHER!!! 2016 MATCH ENGINE AND ATTRIBUTE GUIDELINES, NOT 2020!!

I'm looking at the game and it states 'Balance' reflects how well a player can stay on his feet on and off the ball.  I think HUNT3R had an understanding of how physicality can help with that researcher or not.  I mean, surely being 6'2" and well over 13 stone would give a player a high rating of balance since it would be so difficult to knock them off the ball.  Apparently not.  I thought Bassey's physicality would be a real asset when he bombs forwards as it is in real life.  Bassey is only a small step up physically from 5'7 Frimpong who would've thought that having watched both players in real life?  Not me, but then, I'm not a researcher.  

Link to post
7 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

Not sure theres a real issue with Bassey, already his strength is up to 15 in mine and its only 6 months into the season his balance is also up 1, infact, most of his attributes are heading up in my save, play him (as well as most other kids) and you should see an increase in attributes. 

 

 

Capture.PNG

Thank you. Its what we ask. Play and see how he grows. If he doesn't then its something we can look at.

Link to post
Just now, Giro said:

Thank you. Its what we ask. Play and see how he grows. If he doesn't then its something we can look at.

Ill report back at the end of the season as Bassey is currently my first choice because Barisic broke his leg and is out for the season. 

Link to post

Balance does have some relevance to physicality. It is a supplemental attribute used in shielding the ball as previously mentioned, but in a practical sense is only really relevant there to smaller, weaker players who will have low Strength ratings. Generally speaking, tall, strong, heavy players should have low values for Balance as it tends to be harder for them to keep their feet and play accurately at pace compared to small, light players. As a broad oversimplification I would suggest that the vast majority of strapping centre halves in the game should have Balance values lower than 10 (i.e. below average for a professional footballer), at least outside the elite level. 

I do think this attribute is one that has been frequently misunderstood and misapplied over the years. There is definitely some confusion that it is intended to be used as "defensive strength" and as a result many small, nimble players have received such low Balance ratings that they are unable to play effective football quickly in tight attacking areas.

Link to post
8 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

Not sure theres a real issue with Bassey, already his strength is up to 15 in mine and its only 6 months into the season his balance is also up 1, infact, most of his attributes are heading up in my save, play him (as well as most other kids) and you should see an increase in attributes. 

 

 

Capture.PNG

It shouldn't need to go up over time since it's true to say Calvin Bassey is tremendously strong right now.  This is a basically a 6'2", 13 and half stone CB, acting as an attacking full-back.  His strength rating should be 15 or higher from the very start.  

Link to post
Just now, PigeonStrangler said:

It shouldn't need to go up over time since it's true to say Calvin Bassey is tremendously strong right now.  This is a basically a 6'2", 13 and half stone CB, acting as an attacking full-back.  His strength rating should be 15 or higher from the very start.  

Obviously you're not gonna change your mind, Id suggest that arguing so much over a couple of points here and there is wasted energy.

 

I pointed out earlier in the thread that I thought Tav's crossing attribute was too low and compared it to Barisic's. Tav has 11 assists to Borna's 4 (recently lost him to his injury). So even with 4 points of a difference in crossing stat Tav is clearly outshining Barisic in my save. 

Link to post
34 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

It shouldn't need to go up over time since it's true to say Calvin Bassey is tremendously strong right now.  This is a basically a 6'2", 13 and half stone CB, acting as an attacking full-back.  His strength rating should be 15 or higher from the very start.  

It's something I'll make a point of reviewing next time we are updating attributes. His Strength is set as 14 at the moment and I don't think arguing over a point or two is getting us anywhere. New players generally don't get changed much until researchers get a chance to watch players properly or there are glaring errors. 

Link to post

Would there be any consideration into Tavs leadership ?  Out of the 12 current premiership team he only has a higher leadership than 2 other captains. He may not be a shouter on the park however his performances, he never shy's away from the ball, he clearly leads by example in terms of performance and attitude and finally he never misses a game and the fact Goldson also has a higher leadership rating than him makes it even more bizarre.

Link to post
Just now, 2 Girls 1 Schlupp said:

Would there be any consideration into Tavs leadership ?  Out of the 12 current premiership team he only has a higher leadership than 2 other captains. He may not be a shouter on the park however his performances, he never shy's away from the ball, he clearly leads by example in terms of performance and attitude and finally he never misses a game and the fact Goldson also has a higher leadership rating than him makes it even more bizarre.

All the qualities you mention are governed by different attributes. Leadership is the shouty attribute, which controls how well the example they set is transmitted to their teammates.

Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...