[Scotland] Data Issues

On 12/11/2020 at 17:38, Giro said:

Just to add to this, you say that you can't go Rangers because of the 'issues' but it's exactly what we ask you to do every year. Don't just load up - look at attributes - complain. Play through for a season and see how the players are performing and more importantly, developing, then if you still feel there's an issue, let us know. Alot of the initial complaints of Rangers being underrated elsewhere, have quietened down now that folk have started playing through. As @ATW says Patterson & Bassey already have CAs that place them as first teamers  with everyone outwith the Glasgow 2, where, like irl, they're on the cusp and both have PAs that could see them be very good top flight players. 

Apologies that you found my last post a complaint. 

I'm just baffled how anyone could watch Bassey this week and think he wasn't suited to Wing back role. Stats such as Dribbling 10, Teamwork 10 and Passing 10 are very unfair. I do agree he isn't as good in the final third as Barasic, but he certainly gets to the final third as much, if not more. Compare him to Celtic's 'back up' Left back and it makes the stats of Bassey even more baffling. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, AidanH96 said:

Julien should have more than 6 vision (see his assist for Klimala vs Hamilton) & a dribbling rating of 6 is also a bit harsh (that's only 1 higher than Duffy's!).

Based on what iv seen on Jullien he is very hard to judge, the assist for Klimala was out the top drawer but iv yet to see him play a similar pass, in terms of his dribbling it could be on the lower side as you have mentioned.

Duffy needs a nerf to his tackling & decisions.

Majority of Duffy' attributes were from his parent club, his performances of recent could suggest a massive ability drop and a few attributes changed.

Mikey Johnston starts in the reserves & could do with a slight increase to his agility, balance, composure, decisions & stamina at least

Mikey has been out for a while now and hasn't played much football recently to judge him on, the reserves thing isn't a data issue its more how the game decides which squad is more suitable as far as I'm aware.

Callum McGregor having the cuts inside from both wings & runs with ball rarely traits is a strange one, I think he shouldn't have either & could probably have the dictates tempo trait.

PPM's for McGregor slipped past me, I agree with you on that and it should get fixed for full release the cuts inside was more earlier years when he was used out wide

Forrest shouldn't have the avoids using weaker foot trait as he scored a few with his left foot last season. Think he also needs improved ability at rwb.

Forrest usually moves the ball back on to his right before taking a shot.

Also with RWB id say its still a fairly uncomfortable position with forrest.

Elyounoussi could probably have his striker ability increased as he's played there often for us.

Edouard should have his work rate lowered from 16, his acceleration increased from 12 (Griffiths has 16 in comparison) & flair increased from 10. Also, not sure why he has the runs with ball down left trait when he's only played up front? He could be given the places shots trait.

Would say that Elyounoussi is no more than competent at playing the striker roll although should be natural at LW

In terms of Edouard, His work rate stat could be a bit too high and will be considered, The Runs with Ball down left must have been done in game as not set in DB

On 10/11/2020 at 23:35, Ter said:

Yeah the socks are blue in the 3D texture. Will get that one sorted.

Ryan Christie and Ryan Kent both have blonde hair in the 3D match engine which seems a little strange.

I've noticed a few others as well that I'll try to find the names for.

2 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Ryan Christie and Ryan Kent both have blonde hair in the 3D match engine which seems a little strange.

I've noticed a few others as well that I'll try to find the names for.

Christie down as light brown in DB

Just now, Logan1888 said:

Christie down as light brown in DB

I'll grab some screenshots as possibly something to do with my game?

I've noticed Christie, Kent, Lewis Ferguson and Martin Boyle at the moment all blonde hair that doesn't look right.

All have the correct hair colour on my FM20 3D highlights.

It's almost as much of an eyesore as Rangers' blue socks in the game :lol:

3 hours ago, Cam1998 said:

Hearts

Third kit is again navy/salmon instead of black/maroon as it is pictured/irl. 

Michael Smith can play CM as well as RB & CB. 

image.png.f45cabc48a1b34c9780e21f57b0a9962.png

I am managing Hearts and have the correct kits. You sure you don't have a kit pack from last season ? 

Agree with you about Michael Smith, could also make a case about LB as well. 

3 hours ago, Cam1998 said:

Hearts

Third kit is again navy/salmon instead of black/maroon as it is pictured/irl. 

Michael Smith can play CM as well as RB & CB. 

7 minutes ago, NickmarJr said:

Do you guys know when he last played CM as checking the likes of Transfermarkt etc. he does not have any mention of CM.  I have past your comment onto the Hearts Researcher though to consider!  As for Left Back, he is set as "competent" in the DB but will not show up on his "known positions".  Do you think that should be higher? 

40 minutes ago, ATW said:

Do you guys know when he last played CM as checking the likes of Transfermarkt etc. he does not have any mention of CM.  I have past your comment onto the Hearts Researcher though to consider!  As for Left Back, he is set as "competent" in the DB but will not show up on his "known positions".  Do you think that should be higher? 

He played there for 4 or 5 games last season, transfermarkt has it as DM but I would have said it was CM. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-smith/leistungsdaten/spieler/103934/plus/0?saison=2019 

I would say competent would be fine for his CM, enough that you could play him there and he won't look out of place but doesn't necessarily need to show on his positions. As he only played there a few times but done well every time. 

As for left back, competent may be fine, he has filled in there a few times for injuries and again never looked out of place. I am happy to leave it to the Hearts researcher as to if it needs upped or not. Thanks for confirming. 

2 hours ago, NickmarJr said:

He played there for 4 or 5 games last season, transfermarkt has it as DM but I would have said it was CM. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-smith/leistungsdaten/spieler/103934/plus/0?saison=2019 

I would say competent would be fine for his CM, enough that you could play him there and he won't look out of place but doesn't necessarily need to show on his positions. As he only played there a few times but done well every time. 

As for left back, competent may be fine, he has filled in there a few times for injuries and again never looked out of place. I am happy to leave it to the Hearts researcher as to if it needs upped or not. Thanks for confirming. 

Thanks for coming back to me mate.  I have passed the info/let the Hearts researcher know and he will decide what yo do :D

Edited by ATW
11 hours ago, NickmarJr said:

image.png.f45cabc48a1b34c9780e21f57b0a9962.png

I am managing Hearts and have the correct kits. You sure you don't have a kit pack from last season ? 

The picture of the kit is correct, however the colour with the writing where it says "Third" in your picture is not. Should be black background with Maroon writing (not navy/pink).

19 hours ago, Johnsey said:

I'll grab some screenshots as possibly something to do with my game?

I've noticed Christie, Kent, Lewis Ferguson and Martin Boyle at the moment all blonde hair that doesn't look right.

All have the correct hair colour on my FM20 3D highlights.

It's almost as much of an eyesore as Rangers' blue socks in the game :lol:

I had the same issue yesterday, think it might be a bug as forrest was running around with sandy hair

4 hours ago, musha_13 said:

The picture of the kit is correct, however the colour with the writing where it says "Third" in your picture is not. Should be black background with Maroon writing (not navy/pink).

Fair point, never even noticed that myself. Good spot. Hopefully gets fixed. 

On 10/11/2020 at 23:48, Ter said:

Apologies to Ter my phone being wierd and won't let me delete previous post I made. 

Small one, started a quick save with rangers. McGregor is starting vice captain. Should be Goldson

18 hours ago, NickmarJr said:

I can remember meaning to add this when he filled in under Stendel. We were short of  a ball winner in there with Haring goosed and the whelan debacle , Clare was also  flying at rb if I remember correctly. Can't see him being used this season in there but as he is with LB I'll get him competent when possible..cheers.

2 minutes ago, MrHappypill said:

I can remember meaning to add this when he filled in under Stendel. We were short of  a ball winner in there with Haring goosed and the whelan debacle , Clare was also  flying at rb if I remember correctly. Can't see him being used this season in there but as he is with LB I'll get him competent when possible..cheers.

Haha FS don't remind me of the Whelan debacle! :lol:

Nah I doubt he would be used in CM this season also but he is more than capable of playing there if required. Cheers for sorting it, top man.

I'm raising this as an issue with Dundee, but it looks like many other clubs are effected by this. The game seems to default many u18 players to the reserve squad, leaving the u18s missing. This is a bit weird considering the only reserve matches are the very short reserve cup...surely these players should start in the U18? 

I have raised this issue in the League Specific issues, but the u18 league seems to not actually play the matches...it's as if they league isn't even loaded 

5 hours ago, Logan1888 said:

I had the same issue yesterday, think it might be a bug as forrest was running around with sandy hair

Yea must be as I've noticed Souttar, Haring and Smith at Hearts all suffer with the same sandy hair phenomenon.

5 hours ago, wardog said:

Apologies to Ter my phone being wierd and won't let me delete previous post I made. 

Small one, started a quick save with rangers. McGregor is starting vice captain. Should be Goldson

This unfortunately is down to licensing. Ter had Goldson down as vice captain, the SPFL asked for it to be changed to McGregor. 

Edited by Giro

I have noticed that rangers, when playing at home, their home strip consists of blue shirt,  white shorts and blue socks. this is incorrect. Rangers traditionally wear black socks with red tops. But whenever wearing their home strip on the game, it is always blue socks

image.thumb.png.ce6095cfffe9ecf960b737885ab85b45.png

11 hours ago, musha_13 said:

Yeah sorry this is what I meant, I should have been clearer! Last year the kit on 3D graphics was wrong and just wanted to let you guys know. A small thing but something you notice a lot during a Hearts save haha.

Also yeah I agree on what's been said of Smith above. He probably won't play there this season but is very capable in CM and would be of use in a save. Cheers!

I'm not sure this is a data issue or an issue within the game but I've just finished my first season and Celtic didn't win the league yet Lennon was kept as manager, I can't see realistically Lennon or Gerrard keeping their job at the end of the season if they fail to win the title.

12 hours ago, David19827 said:

I'm not sure this is a data issue or an issue within the game but I've just finished my first season and Celtic didn't win the league yet Lennon was kept as manager, I can't see realistically Lennon or Gerrard keeping their job at the end of the season if they fail to win the title.

Aye, there's nothing we can really change here data wise as the game doesn't understand the significance of 10 in a row.

We could lower Gerrard & Lennon's job security, but then that might see them both getting replaced immediately.

We could also change the 'Winning the league' ambition rating, so it's required, but could you imagine this thread if you're all getting sacked from Rangers and Celtic after one season :ackter::lol:?

Edited by Giro
17 hours ago, Giro said:

This unfortunately is down to licensing. Ter had Goldson down as vice captain, the SPFL asked for it to be changed to McGregor. 

oh wow I didn't think licencing would cause such an issue. More than fair enough. McGregor is a fair replacement in this case thank you for responding on this under these circumstances

2 minutes ago, wardog said:

oh wow I didn't think licencing would cause such an issue. More than fair enough. McGregor is a fair replacement in this case thank you for responding on this under these circumstances

No problems bud, you responded way better than some of us *cough* @ATW *cough*  when we found out, as it makes us look daft :lol:. Iirc its the same with the Dundee Utd and Aberdee vice-captains.

2 minutes ago, Giro said:

No problems bud, you responded way better than some of us *cough* @ATW *cough*  when we found out, as it makes us look daft :lol:. Iirc its the same with the Dundee Utd and Aberdee vice-captains.

I can imagine you guys take great pride in your work and for a fully licensed league (as far as i'm aware) would be extremely frustrating. But also I respect not your guys not at fault. And I think McGregor probably next best solution 

18 hours ago, Giro said:

out of interest why do the SPFL care and decide who is the vice captain on football manager? 

1 hour ago, NickmarJr said:

out of interest why do the SPFL care and decide who is the vice captain on football manager? 

No idea, that's way above my station, but they do :lol:. Its an interesting wee insight into how clubs think, when you see what they come back with. 

We are lucky though, the SPFL give us a lot of free reign, when you see what other licensed countries need to put up with.

1 minute ago, Giro said:

No idea, that's way above my station, but they do :lol:. Its an interesting wee insight into how clubs think, when you see what they come back with. 

We are lucky though, the SPFL give us a lot of free reign, when you see what other licensed countries need to put up with.

yeah just thought it was strange that they would want it changed, considering most clubs announce who the captain etc is. And even if they don't, if the captain isn't playing you can see who the vice is! Didn't know why they would want it changed. Thanks for answering. 

17 minutes ago, Giro said:

Seems crazy but also glad they give free reign. 

On another note might be data so putting here incase, ive raised this up in transfer section aswell. After brexit Prem went to a squad registration system, 17 foreign players in line with England. but also a requirements for work permits are still there and required. Seems odd that both are in play. 

If i could choose Squad reg please, work permits in Scotland are always a pain haha

Major bit of pedantry here, but just saw the "scored his first goal for the club" message pop up for Matty Kennedy at Aberdeen during a game. Checked his stats post-match and it shows that as his only goal, but he scored in the cup replay against Kilmarnock last season. I see the 19-20 Scottish Cup seems to have been wiped from the record in-game though, is that why his goal vanished?

1 hour ago, Colbert said:

Major bit of pedantry here, but just saw the "scored his first goal for the club" message pop up for Matty Kennedy at Aberdeen during a game. Checked his stats post-match and it shows that as his only goal, but he scored in the cup replay against Kilmarnock last season. I see the 19-20 Scottish Cup seems to have been wiped from the record in-game though, is that why his goal vanished?

Not a researcher but think only league goals count for that. I played Kai Kennedy at rangers he scored 4 in Europa League then 1 in league after said was his first senior goal 

Some Hearts bits, nothing major really on top of what has already been mentioned:

-Away kit graphic is missing the Save the Children sponsor, third kit is the only one without sponsor.

-Hearts have worn all maroon in all cup games so far this season, might be worth considering changing their home cup kit to have maroon shorts instead of white as default (Not sure if this is actually possible but worth a try!)

-Hearts home GK kit is light blue and away is orange as shown here: https://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/browse/c-Kits-1/c-Goalkeeper-14 The blue one looks good in the game engine but the others appear to be all yellow or all black

The squad numbers need a look at. Ginnelly and Wighton have the wrong squad numbers (Wighton should be #15, and Ginelly #30)

-Andy Halliday should have #16, could well be preferred number as he wore and Rangers and noticed it tattoo'd on his forearm in his squad pic.

image.thumb.png.d08ade6508b9433b73b9cd342bde9174.png-

-Ross Stewart should be #13

-The under-18/reserve squad numbers are from last season. Unfortunately I can't find any online evidence as to what they should be but have noticed a few that appeared on the bench on league cup game vs East Fife eg. McGill #36, Logan #37, Darge #44, Denholm #49 https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1326232012680798208/photo/1 Aside from actually contacting the club I'm not sure how to get these, this would probably not get a quick reply from the club if any! :D 

19 hours ago, Ausie said:

Very minor ‘issue’ but when selecting place of birth I noticed ‘Clydebank’ is listed as being in Renfrewshire. This is incorrect it is West Dunbartonshire.

It might be minor, but it is still a data error.  Thanks

On 15/11/2020 at 21:09, TFin18 said:

Players are refusing to sign with me saying they need me to be up in the next division up when I've already been promoted to that league, lost like 3 players already cause of it

Hi mate, defo sounds like a bug.  Not a data issue though.  Would recommend posting that issue in the transfer/contract area as it will need looked at.  

I feel like Rangers are being underrated.  This is a team who reached the last 16 of the Europa League last season beating Porto, Braga, Feynoord, etc.  This season Rangers have 7 points from their first 3 Europa games and look set for the knockout stages again.

Domestically the team are 9 points clear at the top and have already beat Celtic at Parkhead.

Rangers have only conceded 4 goals all season.  Despite playing teams like Willem ii, Galatasaray, Celtic, Standard, Poznań, Benfica, etc.

Bassey’s physicality and forward running is excellent.  He’s strong in the air as well.  He needs a buff.  

Just my opinion.

Edited by PigeonStrangler
On 15/11/2020 at 21:08, TFin18 said:

You don't know much about football do you 

Duffy has been an absolute calamity for Celtic this season.  He was dropped for their last game.  He’s been at fault for numerous goals.  Can’t pass at all.  Celtic fans are labelling him one of their worse signings in years.  

I’m a Scottish football fan.  Duffy is horrific.  There’s no one in Scotland who thinks Duffy is a quality player, trust me.

On 12/11/2020 at 19:27, Reiss Munro said:

Almost the entire rangers team is underrated!!! 

nikola katic: CA- 3 PA-3 1/2

borna barisic: CA- 3 1/2 PA is the same

james tavernier: CA- 3 1/2 PA is the same

how can 2 fullbacks posting some of the best returns for goals and assists aswell as clean sheets this season not be 4 stars??

ryan jack: CA- 3 PA is the same

ryan Kent: PA only 4 despite the fact he’s the best player in the rangers team and on current form in the league in general. 

And as I already stated the transfer pricing of the players is an absolute joke in the game, especially when compared to much worse players who either cost more or are the same price it’s ridiculous.

Tavernier has one of the highest goals and assists returns, for a defender, on the planet right now.  If Rangers keep performing the way they have been I wouldn’t be surprised if England called up Tavernier just to have a look at him.