[Scotland] Data Issues

33 minutes ago, JMcK910 said:

The disparity between the Old FIrm squads is shocking, players having the same stats as FM17/FM18 database is laughable realIy.

I'm not bothered about individual stats i.e. Taverniers crossing 14 but I do agree with above posters, Barisic for example was made much worse in last years FM compared to previous year including a stealth change to his PA and competency at LB when he is arguably one of the best performers in the league and Europe.

These obserations are not due to this season alone there were similar spells last season before the turn of the year.

Same stats - you mean attributes as are in FM17/FM18 is frankly nonsense.  Granted not all attributes will change but I will ask you to provide me with a single player at Rangers that have not had a single attribute changed in 3 years.  

As for Barišić he has been greatly improved. Both CA and PA have improved for this version.  But I have no idea what you think a stealth PA change is as the CA/PA's are never announced by the research teams but for a player now being 27 or 28 it is much easier to decide what that number is.   As for his position competency DL nor WBL has changed for worse, in fact his DL rating went UP.  

Edited by ATW
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Come on ye pars said:

Appreciate I've not saw as much as him as Hibs fans, but he has played there in most games for us so far.  I'm not suggesting making him natural there, but at least should have some rating.

Fraser is accomplished playing coming in off the left, he can play across the attacking midfield front, his stats haven't been changed for ages, he's also right footed, was left footed last 2-3 games.

51 minutes ago, ATW said:

Same stats - you mean attributes as are in FM17/FM18 is frankly nonsense.  Granted not all attributes will change but I will ask you to provide me with a single player at Rangers that have not had a single attribute changed in 3 years.  

As for Barišić he has been greatly improved. Both CA and PA have improved for this version.  But I have no idea what you think a stealth PA change is as the CA/PA's are never announced by the research teams but for a player now being 27 or 28 it is much easier to decide what that number is.   As for his position competency DL nor WBL has changed for worse, in fact his DL rating went UP.  

Thanks for your input but perhaps read more carefully what I said.

20201111132307_1.jpg

20201111132554_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, JMcK910 said:

Thanks for your input but perhaps read more carefully what I said

Go on.   Take a look at your screenshots and tell me the main thing that sticks out.  Go on... do it.  And it's not the LB score.  

Edited by ATW
10 minutes ago, ATW said:

Go on.   Take a look at your screenshots and tell me the main thing that sticks out.  Go on... do it.  And it's not the LB score.  

If you are alluding to the LWB stat being 20 then it's irrelevant as IRL and in the game Gerrard plays a flat back four making this change innacurate, and damaging along with the many attributes that were lowered.

Anyway this is missing the point, I brought it up to show the lack of improvement shown in the Rangers squad in comparison to others in the league.

Edited by JMcK910
8 minutes ago, JMcK910 said:

If you are alluding to the LWB stat being 20 then it's irrelevant as IRL and in the game Gerrard plays a flat back four making this change innacurate, and damaging along with the many attributes that were lowered.

Anyway this is missing the point, I brought it up to show the lack of improvement shown in the Rangers squad in comparison to others in the league.

And I'm telling you for FM21 you're wrong with your summary.   

And, you're wrong again.  The difference between Celtic and Rangers has never been closer since at least 2012 and Rangers have never been further ahead than the rest since the same time 

Edited by ATW
9 minutes ago, ATW said:

And, you're wrong again.  The difference between Celtic and Rangers has never been closer since at least 2012 and Rangers have never been further ahead than the rest since the same time 

Stats are always subjective I suppose. many people will debate small changes. One thing that bothers me about the differences in both clubs finances, now we all know that Rangers finances arent great but Celtic starting the game with 72m in the bank seems silly. I know in the last couple of years they had around 38m in the bank but to have doubled in 12/18 months seems very very unlikely. 

Will most likely allow Celtic to spend way more than they are likely to in real life. 

10 minutes ago, ATW said:

Stop using the FM21 CA16s you have infront of you, the FM21 position CA attributes you have infront of you, the FM21 positon ratings you have infront of you to try and win your argument man!

5 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

Stats are always subjective I suppose. many people will debate small changes. One thing that bothers me about the differences in both clubs finances, now we all know that Rangers finances arent great but Celtic starting the game with 72m in the bank seems silly. I know in the last couple of years they had around 38m in the bank but to have doubled in 12/18 months seems very very unlikely. 

Will most likely allow Celtic to spend way more than they are likely to in real life. 

Aye, the Celtic money in the bank is one we haven't caught and we can only apologise for that. The 2020 accounts were released a few days after the Assistant researcher lockout. It should be adjusted to 18million to reflect their accounts but I'm not sure if we're going to be able to get it in. But it has been spotted.

Peter Lawwell's attributes have been adjusted for 21 and he should be in charge of ingame negotiations, so we're hoping that he'll be a bit tighter in 21, to match his real life counterpart but we can only wait and see.

Edited by Giro
8 minutes ago, Giro said:

Stop using the FM21 CA16s you have infront of you, the FM21 position CA attributes you have infront of you, the FM21 positon ratings you have infront of you to try and win your argument man!

Hilarious mate. 

22 minutes ago, ATW said:

I get your point and sorry for any grief, not intended. Stats are subjective I get that but when you simulate seasons on FM21 Rangers finishing 20-30 points behind Celtic doesn’t make sense. Again, it’s a game I get that, it’s crunching numbers but I’d think the two teams would be a lot closer. 

Just now, JMcK910 said:

I get your point and sorry for any grief, not intended. Stats are subjective I get that but when you simulate seasons on FM21 Rangers finishing 20-30 points behind Celtic doesn’t make sense. Again, it’s a game I get that, it’s crunching numbers but I’d think the two teams would be a lot closer. 

And in my tests, Motherwell are relegated 3 times out of 5  despite being top 6-7 club.  We cannot cater for RNG but trust me we're not out to get Rangers and they are the best they have been in almost a decade.  While the gulf between everyone else out side of Celtic for the most part has got bigger.  But RNG is still a thing. 

18 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

As @Giro already stated that is our bad, and as soon as we can it will be fixed.  But we have as again stated done other things to stop Celtic splashing cash all over the shop (we hope).  

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but i'm not exactly sure where the issue is coming from. Started a game as Arbroath and I don't have an Assistant Manager. I'm thinking that Ian Campbell automatically leaves with Dick Campbell, but it's seeming to lead to Arbroath not having an Assistant Manager as a listed position. It won't allow me to sign an Assistant without getting rid of another coach.

2 minutes ago, Mpage2701 said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but i'm not exactly sure where the issue is coming from. Started a game as Arbroath and I don't have an Assistant Manager. I'm thinking that Ian Campbell automatically leaves with Dick Campbell, but it's seeming to lead to Arbroath not having an Assistant Manager as a listed position. It won't allow me to sign an Assistant without getting rid of another coach.

Ah, so this will be why someone was asking about Hibs being assistant managerless last night. If you could report it in the Transfers/contracts forum here please mate, as I don't think there's anything we can do, data input wise, to prevent this happening.

Please assess some stats for a few of the Rangers players. 

Tavernier has improved massively in his defending. Part of a Rangers team who has conceded 4 goals all season to date, and he's played directly against some top wingers in the last few seasons and handled it well. It's no longer a fact that he struggles defensively and his stats should reflect that, even if it means reducing some other attributes to balance. 

Kamara's stats are decent, but imbalanced. His mental skills are very low in comparison to others. Surely he can't compete in Old firm games and top international games like has with these stats.

Helander has also been overlooked slightly. Without going into too much details on his stats, he's a Swedish international and has been our best defender in Europe, yet he is only rated at 3 stars. 

Last point, please assess potential of both Nathan Patterson and Calvin Bassey, both are effectively back up full backs and are thought very highly of. Both should be included in full squads to start with and have attributes and potential to reflect that. Not many players come through the Rangers academy to make it, and Patterson has done that, he's also shown enough for SG to keep him as our sole replacement at right back. Bassey is the produce of a top academy in England, he's made 5 appearances so far in the first team and dare I say we only got him due to the cross boarder compensation, as it was reported that he was wanted by likes of West Ham. 

Apologies if this seems to be a moan, most of it seems spot of just think Tavernier and Kamara could be better balanced. Helander should be slightly better and Bassey and Patterson should be squad players to start with, and attributes and potential to reflect that. 

Thanks 

Small one for Hearts. When doing the squad numbers for the season it says Steven Naismith's preferred number is 7, I would have thought if he was to have a preferred number it would be 14 due to it being his squad number at Hearts since joining and his most used squad number throughout his career. Thoughts?  

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steven-naismith/rueckennummern/spieler/12763 

1 hour ago, Giro said:

Aye, the Celtic money in the bank is one we haven't caught and we can only apologise for that. The 2020 accounts were released a few days after the Assistant researcher lockout. It should be adjusted to 18million to reflect their accounts but I'm not sure if we're going to be able to get it in. But it has been spotted.

Peter Lawwell's attributes have been adjusted for 21 and he should be in charge of ingame negotiations, so we're hoping that he'll be a bit tighter in 21, to match his real life counterpart but we can only wait and see.

Fwiw, the board just gave me £43m to spend in November. I’m aware of the finance issue obviously as I raised it but seems Pistol Pete is still not tight enough. I imagine he wakes up in hot sweats at the thought of spending that money 

I know James Forrest is a right winger but he can also play wing back. When Lennon started playing a 3-5-2, Forrest was mainly playing as the wing back before he got injured against Riga. 

Would that position be able to be added to his profile, in terms of how good a wing back he is then that's debated I guess. 

14 minutes ago, seanydude said:

Fwiw, the board just gave me £43m to spend in November. I’m aware of the finance issue obviously as I raised it but seems Pistol Pete is still not tight enough. I imagine he wakes up in hot sweats at the thought of spending that money 

Lawwell and Desmond have a few Caribbean Islands to buy as well as a helicopter each, give him the money back to him :lol:

Edited by littledragon84
26 minutes ago, littledragon84 said:

I know James Forrest is a right winger but he can also play wing back. When Lennon started playing a 3-5-2, Forrest was mainly playing as the wing back before he got injured against Riga. 

Would that position be able to be added to his profile, in terms of how good a wing back he is then that's debated I guess. 

Tbf Forrest does have a profile at RWB but it’s unconvincing. I don’t think that’s wrong, he didn’t really operate in the RWB position despite being on the team sheet there.

1 hour ago, NickmarJr said:

Small one for Hearts. When doing the squad numbers for the season it says Steven Naismith's preferred number is 7, I would have thought if he was to have a preferred number it would be 14 due to it being his squad number at Hearts since joining and his most used squad number throughout his career. Thoughts?  

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steven-naismith/rueckennummern/spieler/12763 

Decent point to raise. I'm unsure when this would have been added he wore it at Kilmarnock then Norwich guessing it was Norwich and I've never picked up on it. His birthday is the 14th of September so may have came from that.

43 minutes ago, seanydude said:

Something that was a worry. Will certainly make things more difficult than they should have been. 

8 minutes ago, MrHappypill said:

Decent point to raise. I'm unsure when this would have been added he wore it at Kilmarnock then Norwich guessing it was Norwich and I've never picked up on it. His birthday is the 14th of September so may have came from that.

ive just checked he was 14 at Rangers aswell. so 14 could very well be a preferred number. 

51 minutes ago, MrHappypill said:

Yeah thought it would have been something that slipped through the net, if it can be changed then please do, if not then not a big deal! 

43 minutes ago, martyngames said:

In the premiership only 3 subs are allowed per game, in real life it is 5 for the first season

No.  It is set correct for the Premiership.  Please make sure when trying to use the 5 subs you use them in only 3 stoppages (not including Half Time). 

2 minutes ago, ATW said:

No.  It is set correct for the Premiership.  Please make sure when trying to use the 5 subs you use them in only 3 stoppages (not including Half Time). 

I was going to mention this, in the championship the rules state 5 subs allowed but the Championship clubs actually voted against this. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54353395

Not sure if it was put in before the vote and therefore missed the deadline, just FYI.

1 minute ago, NickmarJr said:

I was going to mention this, in the championship the rules state 5 subs allowed but the Championship clubs actually voted against this. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54353395

Not sure if it was put in before the vote and therefore missed the deadline, just FYI.

Known issue - and should hopefully be fixed for the actual release of the game. 

7 minutes ago, ATW said:

Nice one, I do try to have a read of known issues or to see if anyone else has posted before saying anything, but there's that many posts on here its hard to keep up :lol:

Apologies if this isn’t the right place.

The Old Firms wages seem a bit off to me to be honest.

I have attached a photo (source Kieran McGuire) to show the difference between the Old Firm wages the last number of years.

Right now the current Celtic first team squad on FM is around £380,000 per week (just under £20,000,000 for the year) I appreciate I haven’t included youth and staff costs but these still won’t get anywhere near Celtics real life wage bill of £50-60 million the previous 3 years.

Personally I think Edouard, Jillian, Ntcham, Forrest, Griffiths, Ajeti and Barkas are all to low for starters.

Rangers first team wage budget on the other hand is around £350,000 per week. Just £30,000 short of Celtic which is far from true in real life)

Personally I would start with Morelos the highest paid player at £25,000 per week and move down. I don’t see Roofe being on anywhere near £35,000 to be honest and Defoe at £30,000 is also too much for who was essentially signed as backup/mentor role for the squad.

appreciate these things are difficult to get right but I think there should be a bigger gap to reflect real life. 

A9E1A245-A930-4A68-A0AE-C50FC2B607F8.png

Ayr United
No Longer at Club
Nathan Baird

No Place of Birth
Viljami Sinisalo (on loan from Aston Villa) - Espoo, Finland  https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-sarkic-transfer-cutler-18308588
Liam Miller – Irvine, Scotland
Finn Ecrepont – Ayr, Scotland
Mark McKenzie – East Kilbride, Scotland https://www.forfarathletic.co.uk/item/4115-loons-sign-ayr-united-striker

Wrong Date of Birth
Luke McCowan – Game has 9/12/1999. Should be 9/12/1997 https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luke-mccowan/profil/spieler/468264

Wrong Contract End Date
Aaron Muirhead – Game has 31/5/21. Signed a 2 year deal in the summer. Should end 31/5/2022
Patrick Reading – End date is set as 30/6/2022. Suspect this should be 31/5/2022 for a Scottish based player

Link for both https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-make-double-signing-22392107

Height/Weight being automatically generated
Andy Murdoch      Weight 66kg    Height 169cm
Patrick Reading    Weight 65kg     Height 170cm
Paul Smith             Weight 60kg    Height 169cm

1 hour ago, simplythebest92 said:

Apologies if this isn’t the right place.

The Old Firms wages seem a bit off to me to be honest.

I have attached a photo (source Kieran McGuire) to show the difference between the Old Firm wages the last number of years.

Right now the current Celtic first team squad on FM is around £380,000 per week (just under £20,000,000 for the year) I appreciate I haven’t included youth and staff costs but these still won’t get anywhere near Celtics real life wage bill of £50-60 million the previous 3 years.

Personally I think Edouard, Jillian, Ntcham, Forrest, Griffiths, Ajeti and Barkas are all to low for starters.

Rangers first team wage budget on the other hand is around £350,000 per week. Just £30,000 short of Celtic which is far from true in real life)

Personally I would start with Morelos the highest paid player at £25,000 per week and move down. I don’t see Roofe being on anywhere near £35,000 to be honest and Defoe at £30,000 is also too much for who was essentially signed as backup/mentor role for the squad.

appreciate these things are difficult to get right but I think there should be a bigger gap to reflect real life. 

A9E1A245-A930-4A68-A0AE-C50FC2B607F8.png

Morelos last contract was 30k IIRC according to the media. 

4 minutes ago, TomF95 said:

image.png.86c860e81b1a9d651a9727d82ff7c75a.png

Hello, been told this may be a data issue with Queen's Park's reputation. Look at those odds to win the league!

Queen's Park are expected to win the league at an absolute canter.  They have signed players that could probably show up and do well in the Championship.  Not to mention at this time likely if going wrong being able to throw money at the problem. 

46 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Ayr United
No Longer at Club
Nathan Baird

No Place of Birth
Viljami Sinisalo (on loan from Aston Villa) - Espoo, Finland  https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-sarkic-transfer-cutler-18308588
Liam Miller – Irvine, Scotland
Finn Ecrepont – Ayr, Scotland
Mark McKenzie – East Kilbride, Scotland https://www.forfarathletic.co.uk/item/4115-loons-sign-ayr-united-striker

Wrong Date of Birth
Luke McCowan – Game has 9/12/1999. Should be 9/12/1997 https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luke-mccowan/profil/spieler/468264

Wrong Contract End Date
Aaron Muirhead – Game has 31/5/21. Signed a 2 year deal in the summer. Should end 31/5/2022
Patrick Reading – End date is set as 30/6/2022. Suspect this should be 31/5/2022 for a Scottish based player

Link for both https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-make-double-signing-22392107

Height/Weight being automatically generated
Andy Murdoch      Weight 66kg    Height 169cm
Patrick Reading    Weight 65kg     Height 170cm
Paul Smith             Weight 60kg    Height 169cm

Thanks for this.  We will see what has already been done, and what hasn't will try and do as soon as.  

Hi, 

Don't know if this is the right place but the Scottish Championship will be the only Scottish league not to have the 5 sub rule in place, and it will stick to the usual 3 sub rule. The game still has the 5 sub rule in place for the Championship, although appreciate if this is not possible to fix easily! 

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54353395 

3 hours ago, ATW said:

28 minutes ago, merryroversrule said:

Hi, 

Don't know if this is the right place but the Scottish Championship will be the only Scottish league not to have the 5 sub rule in place, and it will stick to the usual 3 sub rule. The game still has the 5 sub rule in place for the Championship, although appreciate if this is not possible to fix easily! 

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54353395 

We are aware of this please see 1st quoted post

Edited by Bryantonfan

Not sure if this qualifies as a Data issue as it is to do with the 3D textures (much like the blue socks).

Quite a few of my players seem to have the incorrect hair colour in the 3D highlights. Kent and Davis seem to have sandy blonde hair for some reason.

Truthfully speaking I have absolutely no clue how coaching stats are worked out. But it does seem odd to me that Danny McGrain is regarded as one of if not the best defensive tactical coaches in game. Especially when over the last few years this has been Celtics biggest issue. 

On 11/11/2020 at 08:44, TFin18 said:

This may not be a bug but I don't think queen's park of the Scottish 3rd division would have £80,000 of transfer budget to spend 

It's been sort of answered elsewhere on the thread, but you may not be aware they're not an amateur club anymore hence why they are also massive favourites for the league (despite having Ray McKinnon in charge).