[Scotland] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Scotland here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Scotland should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few positional changes for Dunfermline

Ryan Dow, in game he is natural at MR and AML, but in real life he has played MR/AMR for us every game he has played so he should be natural at AMR.

Likewise Dom Thomas, in game he is natural at AMR but he should be natural at AML.  He has played there every game for us.

Lewis Martin, he started his career at CB but for last 3 seasons has been played at LB.  In game he should be natural there.

Steven Whittaker, Hibs fans can confirm, but think he's played more as a CM/CDM these days.  He has played all his games for us there so far.  This position rating should be higher I'd think.

Also Fraser Murray has played CM and MR/AMR for us.  He doesn't have a rating at MR/AMR.  Our Manager confirmed when we signed him on loan that he can play on either side and through middle.

Other ratings, Euan Murray (firstly he looks natural at CB this year which is good) should have a higher leadership.  He's our captain, was captain at Raith Rovers and Southport so I think it should be higher than 9, something like 14 or more I'd reckon.  Aaron Comrie looks to have a 0 for determination.  This shouldn't be random, I'd say a 12.  He was excellent for us last year and was a very driven player.  Declan McManus, he wasn't playing for us last year, but from his previous spell and this current spell, his determination should be about 14 each.  He's not the most gifted player but was a very hard working determined player and still is.  Lastly is Kevin O'Hara, I get he has a high pace etc, but his finishing is very low for someone that scored about 14 goals for Alloa last season.  Compared to Lewis McCann who scored zero.  I'd say O'Hara should have 12/13 for finishing and McCann 10/11

Thanks

First Partick Thistle observations:

• Declan Glass still at club on loan, suffered an injury in pre-season and was sent back to Dundee United
  • Mason McCready (GK) is missing from the game, has been on the bench in the last two league matches
  • Shea Gordon is missing a 'Makes late run into the box' trait, it's his trademark thing.
  • Rhys Breen is numbered 12 when it should be 15, subsequently, Kieran Wright should be #12
  • As alluded to in the first point, Blair Spittal is #6 instead of Declan Glass
30 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

Albion Rovers finished last season in 9th place in Scottish League 2

Game says they finished 1st

Thanks - yeah this is a known issue, unfortunately we have set it up correctly in our DB but for some reason that is not transferring to game

2 minutes ago, MarcPTFC said:

First Partick Thistle observations:

• Declan Glass still at club on loan, suffered an injury in pre-season and was sent back to Dundee United
  • Mason McCready (GK) is missing from the game, has been on the bench in the last two league matches
  • Shea Gordon is missing a 'Makes late run into the box' trait, it's his trademark thing.
  • Rhys Breen is numbered 12 when it should be 15, subsequently, Kieran Wright should be #12
  • As alluded to in the first point, Blair Spittal is #6 instead of Declan Glass

Thanks - we will arrange to fix those necessary.  

Finding some of the Rangers players stats bizarre to be honest.

Could disagree with 90% of the players but i'll pick out the more glaring errors in my opinion.

Tavernier - The criticism of his defending was justified 3/4 years ago but seems like Football Manager still thinks he can't defend.

Heading - 9

Marking - 9

Tackling - 10

Positioning - 8

Also 10 for anticipation? For an assist machine? 8 for flair? 10 for determination?

This twitter thread goes in depth on his 19/20 stats...he's been even better this season so far.

https://twitter.com/football_sl/status/1250067583342125064

Barisic - 6 for bravery and 10 for determination?

Kamara - 18 first touch and 19 technique is high but think that could be lowered in order for him to recieve boosts to his mental stats which i just don't understand.
7 for aggression, 4 for bravery, 7 for concentration, 3 for flair and most criminally 10 for work rate? The guy works his socks off!!

Understand this could come across as a massive moan but i'm genuinely curious as to the rationale behind some of the attribtues assigned!

Edited by Whatawaster95
2 minutes ago, Whatawaster95 said:

Could disagree with 90% of the players but i'll pick out the more glaring errors in my opinion.

Tavernier - The criticism of his defending was justified 3/4 years but seems like Football Manager still thinks he can't defend.

Heading - 9

Marking - 9

Tackling - 10

Positioning - 8

Also 10 for anticipation? For an assist machine? 8 for flair? 10 for determination?

This twitter thread goes in depth on his 19/20 stats...he's been even better this season so far.

Kamara - 18 first touch and 19 technique is high but think that could be lowered in order for him to recieve boosts to his mental stats which i just don't understand.
7 for aggression, 4 for bravery, 7 for concentration, 3 for flair and most criminally 10 for work rate? The guy works his socks off!!

Understand this could come across as a massive moan but i'm genuinely curious as to the rationale behind some of the attribtues assigned!

Tavernier is great going forward but fm have him spot on again for defending. He is Rangers weak line when defending and certainly doesnt deserve more for heading or Tackling.

Dundee-

• I assume it's just a timing thing, but I'll list it anyway...Dorrans transferred to WSW 
  • Charlie Adam doesn't have Dundee as a favoured club
  • Johnathon Afolabi's strength is 7 and his balance is 5...I would expect higher considering his hold up play is a strong point for him...I would expect both to be at least 10.
  • Fin Robertson recently signed a contract until 2023...his in game contract expires is 2021

When it comes to Rangers, I echo some of the feedback already made in here.

Kamara's mental attributes are too low (particularly work rate, concentration and bravery). He is usually at his best in the bigger matches and that is generally down to his intelligence and work rate. I know there sometimes has to be a balancing act so if needs be I'd personally sacrifice a point off his passing or vision for the other improvements I think are warranted.

Hope this is the right place for this.

Started an Aberdeen save and pretty quickly into the season there's rumour of a consortium takeover.  Could just be a minor thing and easy to ignore but with Dave Cormack only just taking the reins in real life I'd highly doubt there would be any kind of takeover, even rumoured.

28 minutes ago, Mpage2701 said:

Dundee-

• I assume it's just a timing thing, but I'll list it anyway...Dorrans transferred to WSW 
  • Charlie Adam doesn't have Dundee as a favoured club
  • Johnathon Afolabi's strength is 7 and his balance is 5...I would expect higher considering his hold up play is a strong point for him...I would expect both to be at least 10.
  • Fin Robertson recently signed a contract until 2023...his in game contract expires is 2021

Dorrans is a timing issue, this has been set at our end.  I have updated Adam and Robertson. 

Edited by ATW
3 minutes ago, johncapspipes said:

Christophe Berra at Hearts is injured out for 4-6 months in-game, but is already back in full training and played tonight (10/11) from the start against East Fife.

What start date did you use?

1 hour ago, Come on ye pars said:

A few positional changes for Dunfermline

Ryan Dow, in game he is natural at MR and AML, but in real life he has played MR/AMR for us every game he has played so he should be natural at AMR.

Likewise Dom Thomas, in game he is natural at AMR but he should be natural at AML.  He has played there every game for us.

Lewis Martin, he started his career at CB but for last 3 seasons has been played at LB.  In game he should be natural there.

Steven Whittaker, Hibs fans can confirm, but think he's played more as a CM/CDM these days.  He has played all his games for us there so far.  This position rating should be higher I'd think.

Also Fraser Murray has played CM and MR/AMR for us.  He doesn't have a rating at MR/AMR.  Our Manager confirmed when we signed him on loan that he can play on either side and through middle.

Other ratings, Euan Murray (firstly he looks natural at CB this year which is good) should have a higher leadership.  He's our captain, was captain at Raith Rovers and Southport so I think it should be higher than 9, something like 14 or more I'd reckon.  Aaron Comrie looks to have a 0 for determination.  This shouldn't be random, I'd say a 12.  He was excellent for us last year and was a very driven player.  Declan McManus, he wasn't playing for us last year, but from his previous spell and this current spell, his determination should be about 14 each.  He's not the most gifted player but was a very hard working determined player and still is.  Lastly is Kevin O'Hara, I get he has a high pace etc, but his finishing is very low for someone that scored about 14 goals for Alloa last season.  Compared to Lewis McCann who scored zero.  I'd say O'Hara should have 12/13 for finishing and McCann 10/11

Thanks

As a hibs fan I can confirm that Fraser Murray is certainly not a wide player. Crawford might see fit to play him out of position but he should need to be trained for some time to become natural there. Wouldnt suit playing wide with his lack of pace anyway.

16 minutes ago, Ter said:

Are you playing in the Europa League?

I've just had this as well in the first game of the season against Aberdeen.

Sometimes in Europe we wear an all blue kit, however, I can't remember ever seeing that in the league and certainly not a Blue-White-Blue combination from recent memory.

Edited by Johnsey
9 minutes ago, Hibs1875 said:

As a hibs fan I can confirm that Fraser Murray is certainly not a wide player. Crawford might see fit to play him out of position but he should need to be trained for some time to become natural there. Wouldnt suit playing wide with his lack of pace anyway.

Appreciate I've not saw as much as him as Hibs fans, but he has played there in most games for us so far.  I'm not suggesting making him natural there, but at least should have some rating.

16 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

I've just had this as well in the first game of the season against Aberdeen.

Sometimes in Europe we wear an all blue kit, however, I've never seen that in the league and certainly not a Blue-White-Blue combination.

Yeah the socks are blue in the 3D texture. Will get that one sorted.

1 hour ago, Hibs1875 said:

Tavernier is great going forward but fm have him spot on again for defending. He is Rangers weak line when defending and certainly doesnt deserve more for heading or Tackling.

Thats completely untrue (of the Tav of today) but would take the discussion in a whole other direction. 

I will say that even at 14 Tav's crossing is too low. As a comparison Morelos' crossing is 12 and Hagi's is 16. Id suggest that Tav is a far better deliverer of a ball into the box that either of those two and his huge assist numbers for the club would back that up. Not done too much of a deep dive into the players stats but that was one that really jumped out at me. 

Marvin Bartley is down as having signed for Livingston this year on the Transfer history page but he's been there for a year.

Hibs also have a sell on for John McGinn believed to be between 10-15% 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-transfer-news-mcginn-sell-18623857

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/reports-claim-hibs-line-receive-incredible-windfall-sale-john-mcginn-manchester-united-544803

9 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

Thats completely untrue (of the Tav of today) but would take the discussion in a whole other direction. 

I will say that even at 14 Tav's crossing is too low. As a comparison Morelos' crossing is 12 and Hagi's is 16. Id suggest that Tav is a far better deliverer of a ball into the box that either of those two and his huge assist numbers for the club would back that up. Not done too much of a deep dive into the players stats but that was one that really jumped out at me. 

I think 14 is fair for Tav. Although he's been excellent this season his crossing can still be erratic. For example against Hamilton under no pressure he crossed 2 right out for goal kicks.

2 hours ago, seanydude said:

I’m not gonna say no to it but I’m not sure the Celtic balance should be so high at £73m at game start. it’s gonna make budgets incredibly high within a year or two

Finances were amended but not shown, finances from celtic were only released other week,

June 30th revenue was announced at 70.2m

Edited by Logan1888

Couple little Aberdeen things

A few youth players missing

Evan Towler - LB

Also there is 3 non full time players 

Tom Findlay - RW

Corey Gerrard - RB

Luke Renforth - CM

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/09/02/afc-youth-academy-the-class-of-2020/

Barry Robson should be a first team coach as well as U18s Manager

I feel Graham Kirk is also a fitness coach for the first team as well as head of sports science 

https://www.afc.co.uk/staff/graham-kirk/

I dont believe George Good is involved in the first team as a fitness coach, again I feel this should be Graham Kirk

James Walker is an u18s sport scientist 

https://twitter.com/jpfwalker

3 hours ago, Whatawaster95 said:

Tavernier - The criticism of his defending was justified 3/4 years ago but seems like Football Manager still thinks he can't defend.

Heading - 9

Marking - 9

Tackling - 10

Positioning - 8

They stats are crazy to me when McGregor kicks it long he always kicks it to Tav so heading should be higher, how in god's earth is his marking and tackling that low? Seems like somebody watched a few games a few years ago and decided that's how he is

6 hours ago, markmeatsix91 said:

Evan Towler - LB

Tom Findlay - RW

Corey Gerrard - RB

Luke Renforth - CM

I feel Graham Kirk is also a fitness coach for the first team as well as head of sports science 

I dont believe George Good is involved in the first team as a fitness coach, again I feel this should be Graham Kirk

Evan Towler - have you got as DOB for him, as all I can see is mentioning that he will become full time when he leaves school in December, which make me think that he does not turn 16 till then which would mean he is too young for this years version.   Same question for all the other youths. 

Barry Robson is set as Manager U18's and Coach (First Team) in our DB, if that is not showing up in game then you will need to add a bug report in the right section, sorry.

Kirk and Good have been fixed. 

8 hours ago, aaronmcginn1 said:

Marvin Bartley is down as having signed for Livingston this year on the Transfer history page but he's been there for a year.

Hibs also have a sell on for John McGinn believed to be between 10-15% 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-transfer-news-mcginn-sell-18623857

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/reports-claim-hibs-line-receive-incredible-windfall-sale-john-mcginn-manchester-united-544803

Marvin Bartley is down as joining in June 2019 as a player, but he only became Reserve Team Manager this season which I think is causing your problem.  Unfortunately this is not a data error, but I we will see what can be done? 

As for McGinn, that is not a Scottish DB issue.  Please request that in the Premier League Data Issue thread. 

10 hours ago, TFin18 said:

This may not be a bug but I don't think queen's park of the Scottish 3rd division would have £80,000 of transfer budget to spend 

No that'll be correct. They just sold Hampden, have a millionaire putting money in, and have been signing players well above their level.

When loading a game with Hearts, it shows last season as finishing 6th in Scottish Championship, this should be 12th in Scottish Premiership. 

Is the remaining fixtures of the 2019/20 Scottish Cup going to be played? There's no fixtures planned for this in the game as far as I can see.

Only complaint for St Johnstone is the board "requiring" a top 6 finish. Understand why its been done (our chairman actually said we required a top 6 finish in ~January) and due to recent finishes, but it doesn't feel right that a St Johnstone manager could be under huge pressure for finishing 8th.

The chairmans comments about the top 6 finish were based on us needing to prevent heavy losses...

Screenshot_20201111-075710_Chrome.jpg.346d12dd86adc3da58fe3ad13cdce4c6.jpg

... and since then, despite making 6th, the budget/wage spend has been slashed by a lot. We've got the smallest squad in the league IRL.

Not even started a season proper yet to judge how harsh the board will be with under performance. Might be more realistic to make it less of a requirement.

Not sure the future plans of becoming the "best of the rest" within a couple of seasons is realistic either.

Edited by RandomGuy.
1 minute ago, JustSomeHonkey said:

When loading a game with Hearts, it shows last season as finishing 6th in Scottish Championship, this should be 12th in Scottish Premiership. 

Is the remaining fixtures of the 2019/20 Scottish Cup going to be played? There's no fixtures planned for this in the game as far as I can see.

Known issue regarding placements.  I believe this is a know bug

No.  As mentioned somewhere else, the 2019/20 competitions will not be played but will likely be updated in the January update with the correct finishing positions.  

7 hours ago, markmeatsix91 said:

Evan Towler - LB

Tom Findlay - RW

Corey Gerrard - RB

Luke Renforth - CM

As @ATWhas mentioned, the youth players I couldn't find any information about at all except in that article. Evan Towler will turn 16 in December so cannot be included in the game.

For James Walker, I yet again couldn't find any information on him apart from he's a "Youth Academy Sports Scientist", and I can only see him working with up to U16 age range.

If you have any information on any of these people then please feel free to tell us and we can try include it in the game if applicable.

Just a little heads up anyone looking at the Hearts squad/data...Zaliukas has been made a fav person.

Some of the backroom staff have moved on Lombard, Brenkel and Berry off the top of my head they have been removed and their replacements added. I missed the cut of for this data but it should make it for the proper release date.

Liam McFarlane and Bailey Dall are the same as above both should feature in the youth squad come the 24th.

1 hour ago, CaylumM said:

As @ATWhas mentioned, the youth players I couldn't find any information about at all except in that article. Evan Towler will turn 16 in December so cannot be included in the game.

For James Walker, I yet again couldn't find any information on him apart from he's a "Youth Academy Sports Scientist", and I can only see him working with up to U16 age range.

If you have any information on any of these people then please feel free to tell us and we can try include it in the game if applicable.

Just to confirm what's been said, we can't add Findlay, Gerrard & Renforth until we can get a DoB. Findlay was an S3 pupil when he signed in the summer of '18, so he'd either be 13 or 14, which means he could now only be 15.

Gerrard, he was playing for the U12s back in '16, so again could now be 15 or 16.

They signed the same time as Finn Yeats (16) who signed as a F/T professional. The fact these 3 didn't, suggests theyre still of school age. Again, we might be wrong, but until we can get proof, they can't be added.

Edited by Giro

The rat (Rodgers) being an icon again is annoying. He ruined any chance of being an icon at the club with his actions. I’d put MON as a club icon as he’s still held in high demand, certainly over the rat. Also feel Brother Walfrid needs to be higher than favoured personnel. Should probably be a club legend.

A few issues with Rangers;

Cedric Itten can play right wing and did so against Kilmarnock this season.

Leon Baloguns overall ability seems low in comparison to is role within the Rangers team in real life.

As previously mentioned James Tavernier’s defensive stats seem low, I would argue any problems he’s had aren’t due to his technical ability whilst defending, (i.e his tackling), rather that he is caught out of position due to him attacking so much. His jumping reach at 8 also seems low, his goal against Galatasaray shows just how high in the air he can reach through his jump. His crossing also seems low compared to Hagi, Tavernier has shown for years that his crossing is one of his best attributes and I’d argue it’s on a level par with even Barasic’s. 

12 hours ago, Ter said:

I think 14 is fair for Tav. Although he's been excellent this season his crossing can still be erratic. For example against Hamilton under no pressure he crossed 2 right out for goal kicks.

I'd disagree I'd suggest 16 for crossing for tav and probably a reduction for hagi. 

I think you'll be hard pressed to find two people in the country who cross more than the rangers full backs. I'm sure somebody could make a compilation of the poor ones. But just as equally could get a host of the good ones. I don't think tav is at the same level as BB in terms of his delivery. But I also think better than Hagi. These stats could be adjusted elsewhere. But we are talking about a lad here who's joint top scorer and top assists in the league from right back at present. 

I suspect on current form some changes defensively across the board for rangers in update that I know won't be applicable at present. But as others have hinted usually tavs issues defensively come from him being forward and thus out of position for counters...  But something you can see from Europa League games and especially the game against Celtic he's improving on. But again this is very hard because any noticeable upgrades would put him in England call up category which although possible in real life would be unlikely. 

I haven't had a full look over Scottish players. But respect our discussions every year so I'll likely be back in a few days. But seen these comments regarding tav and wanted to put my two cents in. 

The disparity between the Old FIrm squads is shocking, 

I'm not bothered about individual stats i.e. Taverniers crossing 14 but I do agree with above posters, Barisic for example was made much worse in last years FM compared to previous year including a stealth change to his PA and competency at LB when he is arguably one of the best performers in the league and Europe.

These obserations are not due to this season alone there were similar spells last season before the turn of the year.

Edited by Dean Gripton
deleting disrespectful and plain incorrect comments
28 minutes ago, wardog said:

I'd disagree I'd suggest 16 for crossing for tav and probably a reduction for hagi. 

I think you'll be hard pressed to find two people in the country who cross more than the rangers full backs. I'm sure somebody could make a compilation of the poor ones. But just as equally could get a host of the good ones. I don't think tav is at the same level as BB in terms of his delivery. But I also think better than Hagi. These stats could be adjusted elsewhere. But we are talking about a lad here who's joint top scorer and top assists in the league from right back at present. 

I suspect on current form some changes defensively across the board for rangers in update that I know won't be applicable at present. But as others have hinted usually tavs issues defensively come from him being forward and thus out of position for counters...  But something you can see from Europa League games and especially the game against Celtic he's improving on. But again this is very hard because any noticeable upgrades would put him in England call up category which although possible in real life would be unlikely. 

I haven't had a full look over Scottish players. But respect our discussions every year so I'll likely be back in a few days. But seen these comments regarding tav and wanted to put my two cents in. 

I agree with you on the point that Tavernier probably won’t get into the England squad so he shouldn’t have an ability that would get him there, but when you look at England’s current right backs it isn’t surprising he can’t get in, I don’t have access to the editor so I can’t tell how high his current ability is now but I guess it is significantly lower than current England right backs.