What are your plans for FM21?

Jimbokav1971

On 07/11/2020 at 22:31, Maw74 said:

At the moment my plan is to do a journeyman/career game, Not totally sure but maybe Ledley king career as a manager.😁

I am gonna continue on FMT20 with Mawborough, not that anyone is interested but I am loving my save.🤣

I am also tempted to go for a bit of a change, I prefer/love the FMT version but always tempted to give full game a proper go, the temptation is to do my one club save on full game and do a career game on FMT.

The idea which resonated with me the most was trying a save with Coventry City.  Back in the Championship after a long and protracted decline.

Seems like a fun challenge.  I'm old enough to remember them being a mainstay in the top flight!

I always want to do a different save from the year previous but I always end up doing the same thing. I get too attached to the club I start with and i never leave so once I achieve everything or get bored of a save I start up a new one. 

I just played as Anderlecht for 4 seasons and won the league every season. I just couldn't bring myself to leave, I'm going to start unemployed this year and do a non-league to legend type save and force myself to leave clubs.

Past saves include Ipswich and Brest..... god I loved my Brest save... I am such a child I only chose them because ... well Brest :)

I'm focusing on actual players this save instead of the team as whole.

It will be a Youth Development save (as I always do) and I will be using strictly players from my own Academy. 

My write-up will follow the careers of the stars the Academy puts out - of course, there will be a review on how the team did.

It is a Create-a-Club save, with the club replacing Bath in the Vanamara South and I have called it Sophara United (no more Kafra). 

back at Chelsea, in a 1 club, ridiculous achievement, challenge based save I've cooked up myself. 3 phases, 1st phase is enjoy the new players and transfers brought in with this years game. 

2nd phase is transition to a youth intake only set up

3rd phase is do a domestic only youth intake.

over arching attempt to make the club the most successful in the world.

with the usual spreadsheet / goal highlights / week by week Premier League round up.

I don't see myself buying another iteration of the game for a while if ever (I've bought 3 in a row now) so this is going to last me a long long time (famous last words)

I was guilty of being mostly good/top teams in fm20, just for an easy life. Found relatively easy glory with ac Milan and Roma. 
I’d really like to try and make something of a Coventry save, as they my club, but I just don’t think I’m good enough to pull it off. 
back in the day it was always always Coventry I started with but I haven’t done so in previous years of FM, so I am giving it a go again this year, but damn it is haaard. I don’t think I have it in me these days to make the game too challenging for myself. 

1 hour ago, Harrymcintyre said:

I was guilty of being mostly good/top teams in fm20, just for an easy life. Found relatively easy glory with ac Milan and Roma. 
I’d really like to try and make something of a Coventry save, as they my club, but I just don’t think I’m good enough to pull it off. 
back in the day it was always always Coventry I started with but I haven’t done so in previous years of FM, so I am giving it a go again this year, but damn it is haaard. I don’t think I have it in me these days to make the game too challenging for myself. 

At least the finances will be better with Coventry being in the Championship.

My favorite ever save on FM was many years a go when Coventry were in the Championship and season after season I just managed to survive and I had so much fun trying to scrape around a squad. Constantly having to sell my best players but not having much money to re-invest.

I had a fun save with Coventry on FM20 where I got them into the Premiership and managed to bring back Callum Wilson and James Maddison.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

At least the finances will be better with Coventry being in the Championship.

My favorite ever save on FM was many years a go when Coventry were in the Championship and season after season I just managed to survive and I had so much fun trying to scrape around a squad. Constantly having to sell my best players but not having much money to re-invest.

I had a fun save with Coventry on FM20 where I got them into the Premiership and managed to bring back Callum Wilson and James Maddison.

Scraping around with relegation and just surviving is familiar! madders and wilson back would be the dream!

I worry with the Covid situation and coventry not being in our own stadium it would be quite a long haul before theres any real finances to be able to work with.