The XIth Annual FMCU Awards

deltablue

23 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Unfortunately I think according to the rules it does if it wins. Anyway your timing is impeccable...

48797477901_57ccc8ce41_c.jpg.a1789b83372507646ab836e6abc3044d.jpg

And the winner is.... FM21 Placeholder Post!

It's even madder than that. I thought it was a great idea when someone voted for it, then the very last set of votes made it one of 4 threads on 2 votes and since I wasn't actually voting this year (and I could still judge thread names) I decided that was a rather unsatisfactory situation and cast a tiebreaker vote. It makes a change from the usual puns so congratulations on winning through the 'ironic' vote. :D

We're all a bunch of comedians in here! :lol:

4 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Actually he hadn't won it before, even when he was winning almost everything else :D I looked up the past threads to prepare for this one with you winning last time and ManUtd1 before that.

Wow. :eek: That is a surprise. Well deserved then. 

So we come to the end of the 2020 FMCU Awards, and I'm glad that after a slow start a few of you helped turn it into a decent event in the end. Here are our winners in full...

Best Newcomer: Rumple43
Best Fountain of Youth: Irchester Utd. Tier 10. England. Home. Youth Only (Jimbokav1971)
Best Team: Lens (Smp20) and Volta Redonda (_Ben_)
Best Retro: The Hart Chronicles Vol IV (PH71)
Best Story: The Nearly Men Vol IV (ManUtd1)
Best Poster: Makoto Nakamura
Best Thread Name: FM21 Placeholder Thread (Deisler26)
Best Journeyman Career: Stuniverse's FM20 Thread and The Hart Chronicles
Best Career Thread: Voltaco (_Ben_)
Best Manager: Jimbokav1971

It's interesting to see a greater variety this year with no one winning more than 2 awards.

I nodded off halfway through the awards ceremony. That's not a judgement...I'd been up  long time and needed sleep. Also, I'm old:kriss:

Many worthy winners.

Thanks to whoever put a nomination my way for the best title. To lose to FM21 Placeholder Post? It's an honour. I know what to name mine for FM21. Please Put Votes Here, or something. :D 

Evening, folks -- been a busy day at the office, so I'm only able to just log in now to catch up.  Honored to have been nominated (much less won!), and to be among such good company.

I'm really ready for 21 to get back started, with @Deisler26's award-winning #DanskeDanke, before the Nearly Men ride again...hopefully things are calming down, so I can get them on here again!  As always, a thank you to our gracious host, @deltablue, who deserves an award for putting up with us and pulling this together at a time of year when attention spans are short...

giphy.gif

Kidding aside, on to the FM21 cycle!

Been massively out of the loop recently, pushed for time to read threads properly, let alone play my own.

Sadly, I didn’t get a chance to add my votes in due to this, but congratulations to all the winners. Thoroughly shocked to have a vote, especially for the category it was, as my storytelling narrative fell away as the save went on (my brain couldn’t juggle all of the aspects.

I was planning on staying on FM20, finishing my trip towards Denmark, then starting a new save to challenge PH71 for retro crown, but the new features especially around interactions are tempting me to 21. I just need to find the save idea...and the time...

2 hours ago, scousevasey said:

Been massively out of the loop recently, pushed for time to read threads properly, let alone play my own.

Sadly, I didn’t get a chance to add my votes in due to this, but congratulations to all the winners. Thoroughly shocked to have a vote, especially for the category it was, as my storytelling narrative fell away as the save went on (my brain couldn’t juggle all of the aspects.

I was planning on staying on FM20, finishing my trip towards Denmark, then starting a new save to challenge PH71 for retro crown, but the new features especially around interactions are tempting me to 21. I just need to find the save idea...and the time...

Maybe you should find the time to #Danske?

10 hours ago, anagain said:

I nodded off halfway through the awards ceremony. That's not a judgement...I'd been up  long time and needed sleep. Also, I'm old:kriss:

Many worthy winners.

Thanks to whoever put a nomination my way for the best title. To lose to FM21 Placeholder Post? It's an honour. I know what to name mine for FM21. Please Put Votes Here, or something. :D 

Should be a winner tbh

5 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Maybe you should find the time to #Danske?

Had an enjoyable sojourn in Denmark a couple of versions ago, which led to the aim to get back there in the geographical save, so I was tempted, but I want to try and build a club, possibly youth only.

Theoretically I cagoule fraudulently sign up, play in Denmark and never complete the #Danske by never moving to Brondby...

Congrats everyone on their wins and those who were nominated (nice to have a couple in there myself). Thanks @deltablue for organising and really pushing for those additional votes. 

Looking forward to FM21 and all the great stories that will come with it!

37 minutes ago, scousevasey said:

Had an enjoyable sojourn in Denmark a couple of versions ago, which led to the aim to get back there in the geographical save, so I was tempted, but I want to try and build a club, possibly youth only.

Theoretically I cagoule fraudulently sign up, play in Denmark and never complete the #Danske by never moving to Brondby...

Absolutely doable tbh!! That’s the point of it all! #DanskeDanske to your own tune!

Edited by Deisler26

15 hours ago, deltablue said:

So we come to the end of the 2020 FMCU Awards, and I'm glad that after a slow start a few of you helped turn it into a decent event in the end. Here are our winners in full...

Best Newcomer: Rumple43
Best Fountain of Youth: Irchester Utd. Tier 10. England. Home. Youth Only (Jimbokav1971)
Best Team: Lens (Smp20) and Volta Redonda (_Ben_)
Best Retro: The Hart Chronicles Vol IV (PH71)
Best Story: The Nearly Men Vol IV (ManUtd1)
Best Poster: Makoto Nakamura
Best Thread Name: FM21 Placeholder Thread (Deisler26)
Best Journeyman Career: Stuniverse's FM20 Thread and The Hart Chronicles
Best Career Thread: Voltaco (_Ben_)
Best Manager: Jimbokav1971

It's interesting to see a greater variety this year with no one winning more than 2 awards.

I've got to say that I'm honoured! Thanks so much to all who voted for me. Also - massive congratulations to all the other winners - @Jimbokav1971; you were my inspiration, way back in the Gibraltar and initial San Marino days, to play how I play, @Makoto Nakamura; the way you speed through but the reader still feels connected with the game world is awesome, @smp20; I wasn't even sure that was a thread from this year but to share an award with someone who has always made the game look so easy (thinking back to your Austria Vienna and Irish saves) is an honour and @ManUtd1 - I can only aspire to write as wonderfully as you do!

I just love playing FM and I use these boards as I way of writing down my thoughts - I never expected to see so many people enjoying what goes on inside my head!

Thanks to all who voted for me, an unexpected pleasure to win a few awards!

Many thanks to @deltablue for all the effort in hosting.

Apologies for not getting round to voting, but in all honesty I've been slacking a bit this year in terms of reading other threads so didn't feel in much of a position to vote.

One thread I have followed though is Jimbo's Irchester Youth one which I think is great. Due to his high levels of updates I'm still not even sure if I've got half-way through it yet, think last time I read it I was at the bit where he'd just got to League 2 :D 

On 06/11/2020 at 21:02, deltablue said:

48797477901_57ccc8ce41_c.jpg.8f54b6ec678969c15f628f60d9c4a339.jpg

Once again we have joint winners. With 3 votes each it's Stuniverse's FM20 Adventure and The Hart Chronicles Vol: IV.

Thank you very much to everybody who voted, or considered voting for Stuniverse's FM20 Adventure in the XIth Annual FMCU Awards. I am honoured and touched that anyone would do so. Many thanks.

On 06/11/2020 at 19:27, deltablue said:

48797477901_57ccc8ce41_c.jpg.60d0510762d79895ac6ff2362187817d.jpg

OK then. Well the nominees are... Cheez3y, Lodi Lemmer, Mkeredbeard and Rumple43.

And the winner is... Rumple43!

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Apologies, I tend to be a bit rushed and insular on these boards, popping up to post and then disappearing off to either play or write stuff up (or work, ahem). I didn't even know these awards were a thing (hence my newcomer tag I suppose), but I am genuinely chuffed to not only have been voted for, but to have won as well. Excellent inspiration to keep going to, really appreciate it.

Pretty cool to be included in something that has been going for 11 years as well, that's class.

On 06/11/2020 at 19:31, Carambau said:

Congrats Rumple43 :)

Thank you, very kind indeed!

On 06/11/2020 at 20:18, deltablue said:

Now where was I? Oh yes, we reach the half-way mark with Best FMCU Story. The bard-like nominees are...

fmonit's A Migrant Story in Sicily, Cheez3y's Bring The Champions League Back To Romania... To Bukarest... To Steaua..., Stuniverse’s FM20 adventure, Abulezz's Kafra FC 2020, Scousevasey's Starting from the bottom, Rumple43's The Pride of (50% of) Sheffield (though they forgot Sheffield F.C.) and ManUtd1's The Nearly Men Vol IV.

Delighted to get a nomination for this as well, and congrats to @ManUtd1 on the win.

Technically, we're looking to be the pride of 25% of Sheffield since there's also Stocksbridge Park Steels just round the corner from me as well haha

Thanks to all, what a cool way to start the week!