The FM 21 no money? Suck a free transfer challenge.

A little early for FM 21 so that people in the Beta can make a quick start of they like. It is called the FM 21 challenge put other FM's are also allowed ofcourse.

The goal of this challenge

Start at a club who was previously unplayable and make them champions in the league and their respective continental championship, without spending a single dime (in transferfees).

The Rules

Start the game unemployed, load the league you want ,I advise some other leagues as well for an more realistic and fun challenge, and simulate one year into the future.

It is prohibited to use the in-game editor, to avoid this check the button ‘prevent use of in-game editor’ at the start. To get into the hall of fame attribute masking should also be left on so don’t check the box ‘disable attribute masking’ if you want to get into the hall of fame.

‘’Just like previous years, the players for the newly playable clubs need to be added which can be done using the 'advanced' option on the database size. The players from the four feeder league have to be added. You can also add anything else you like to increase the size of the database.’’ -Dafuge . You can also click the ‘add players to playable clubs’ box, I don’t know if this will work tough.

If you care about your own holiday % or think this would put a stain on your hall of fame resumé (if u don’t skip to ‘’Add a new one’’). Add an unemployed manager, just a random one. Go on a holiday for one whole season (the reload dates are different for each country so you’ll have to find this out for yourself). When you find a team you like, retire your random manager. Add a new one, and give him the least amount of football knowledge a man ever possessed (This means no coaching badges). Also give him my footballing capability (I played in a league so bad that even blind people could have become top scorer). The rest of the attributes can be divided however you like.

No hopping clubs! You either beat it with the club you started with or you can start over again (when you get sacked).

Post a picture of your settings and your manager profile at the start of the save, to prove that spot in the hall of fame belongs to you. I advise y’all to do this the day you take over the club.

Incoming players

-Only free transfers or youth players are allowed.

-No loans!

- You can sweep other teams youth players but only if there is no transfer fee or compensation fee in place, read free. (for example amateur clubs youth players)

Outgoing players

-        It is allowed to loan out your players.

-        It is allowed to put a buyback clause on outgoing players but the clause needs to equal 0 if you want to get them back.

-        Make some bank boy

Your story

It would be massively appreciated if you share your store on this forum, for example at the end of every season make a season summary including the following: transfer history of the season, best player, youth intake and final results in the different competitions. You can add whatever you like in this summary of course. Screenshots are also applauded but please do this via an other image hosting website and paste the link in this thread(or else the page would become very slow).

Hall of fame

Football manager version

Club

Win the national league (year)

Completed the challenge (year)

Edited by Basschaapje.2

Hey @Basschaapje.2, cool idea!

I don't agree that it's just a youth challenge @HawkAussie

This is harder than the dafuge challenge & easier than the youth only challenge, it sits somewhere nicely in the middle, and is actually how I usually play the game too!

I always end up with a squad of rejected youth players, released from top teams after not making the cut to go pro mixed with players on the verge of retirement, released from bigger clubs as they decline & are replaced. 

22 hours ago, Motlhen said:

Hey @Basschaapje.2, cool idea!

I don't agree that it's just a youth challenge @HawkAussie

This is harder than the dafuge challenge & easier than the youth only challenge, it sits somewhere nicely in the middle, and is actually how I usually play the game too!

I always end up with a squad of rejected youth players, released from top teams after not making the cut to go pro mixed with players on the verge of retirement, released from bigger clubs as they decline & are replaced. 

I totally agree with you, it is somewhere in between the two. If you play like this anywat, keep me posted.

Nice i did a holiday save with some dutch club in the 6th tier and moved to FC Utrecht because i got fired later on. I bought a striker from Barcalona (for free) and he developed like crazy in the past year. This was his last season. I also have another pretty good striker, this was his season and these are his stats. I also had some good free ones from Real Madrid, is it me or do most of these free gods come from Real or Barca. 

P.S. I have loaded more than just spain and the Netherlands

23 hours ago, Basschaapje.2 said:

Nice i did a holiday save with some dutch club in the 6th tier and moved to FC Utrecht because i got fired later on. I bought a striker from Barcalona (for free) and he developed like crazy in the past year. This was his last season. I also have another pretty good striker, this was his season and these are his stats. I also had some good free ones from Real Madrid, is it me or do most of these free gods come from Real or Barca. 

P.S. I have loaded more than just spain and the Netherlands

That's some mad form!

I rarely make it to the heights of poaching freebies from Barca or Real but that's because I usually start pretty low down in the league pyramid and try and stay a one-club manager. This chat made me remember I DO have a save where I started in Spain at Villarreal & managed to pip Real Madrid to 3rd place. Some of the freebies I picked up were:

Donnarumma
Daniele Rugani
Rafinha (Barca)
Steve Mounie (20 goal season!)

Good luck with FM21!

3 hours ago, north_london_fan said:

Can you do this challenge in a league with only one tier and does it have to be in Europe?

Sure u can do it in a league with only one tier as long as there is a relegation/promotion going on and you pick a team that promoted in the first season. Any continent is fine ofcourse i just think the champions league (in europe) will be the hardest. But you can go anywhere in the world as long as you pick a team which was previously unplayable.

so i turned it around ‘kinda’ not losing in 7 games and rising to 14th place (around 1 novemberish). Now my game froze and it was last saved on august 28th. So back at rock bottom. Just gonna go on a holiday to november. EDIT: so instead of my 7 games unbeaten run the holiday went 6 losses and one win.... i might just kill off this career.

Edited by basschaapje