FM24 - PC/Laptop advice thread *** PLEASE READ OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING ***

24 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Cheers for the input @kevhamster yeah think I will just upgrade it as not really got enough FM time available to me these days to be wasting loads of time on processing screens. 

Seen a few posted recently under the £1000 that should do a decent job. Put off Asus a little bit as this one doesn’t even have a caps lock button which is pretty annoying. The laptop cursor bit is a bit annoying to use too. 

If FM is the only game you play, you don't need to go nuts with graphics cards and can get something which will do the job for way less than a grand.  Will you be looking at other games?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

If FM is the only game you play, you don't need to go nuts with graphics cards and can get something which will do the job for way less than a grand.  Will you be looking at other games?

Nah, to be honest I only play FM, no real interest in other games. Will stream Amazon Prime or YouTube every now and then and would like to add a few other leagues to my save and be quicker than it is now but overall nothing amazing. 

5 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Nah, to be honest I only play FM, no real interest in other games. Will stream Amazon Prime or YouTube every now and then and would like to add a few other leagues to my save and be quicker than it is now but overall nothing amazing. 

You mentioned you were put off by ASUS, but stated mainly the lack of a Caps Lock key.  This one is ASUS but definitely has a Caps Lock key: https://www.box.co.uk/M413IA-EB369T-ASUS-VivoBook-14-AMD-Ryzen-5-8GB-RAM-512_3555388.html

It'll process pretty quickly, but you may need to turn the graphics settings down to medium.

Or, there is this one which does have a bit of a stronger CPU and will definitely play the 3D graphics at max settings, but is more expensive than the other one: https://www.box.co.uk/NH.QBFEK.005-Acer-Aspire-7-AMD-Ryzen-5-8GB-RAM-256GB-_3557426.html

Edited by kevhamster

4 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Struggling to purchase the last link. Think it’s out of stock at every place. Just my luck :D 

Ah, didn't spot that it's pre-release. 

It's all good though, this one is broadly similar: https://www.box.co.uk/1D5F9EAABU-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-AMD-Ryzen-5-8GB-RAM-2_3554471.html

Would this run FM okay do you think?

No other game use for the machine and I’m only looking as get a massive discount with O2 through work so price is irrelevant.

Plus it comes with £200+ wireless headphones for free.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-book-pro?cm_mmc=googleuk-_-PPC_Direct_Tablets-_-Tablet-SamsungGalaxyBookPro-Pure-Generics-Phrase-_-%22galaxybookpro%22+Phrase#gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoqDDopKp8AIV44BQBh3fdQFQEAAYAiAAEgLsOPD_BwE

15 hours ago, Blanch82 said:

Would this run FM okay do you think?

No other game use for the machine and I’m only looking as get a massive discount with O2 through work so price is irrelevant.

Plus it comes with £200+ wireless headphones for free.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-book-pro?cm_mmc=googleuk-_-PPC_Direct_Tablets-_-Tablet-SamsungGalaxyBookPro-Pure-Generics-Phrase-_-"galaxybookpro"+Phrase#gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoqDDopKp8AIV44BQBh3fdQFQEAAYAiAAEgLsOPD_BwE

Processor wise, yes should be decent. 

Integrated graphics capability should be OK as well, although may not be able to handle max graphics settings. Not had any specific feedback from anyone regarding the Iris XE graphics on the 11th gen i5 and i7 chips, but it is supposed to be pretty good. 

Hello fellow FM fans, im so glad ive found this!

I finally have some money together to be able to buy a hopefully decent laptop, and seen a few i currently like on ebay. My limited amount of knowledge would suggest the second laptop has a better spec than the first one? All these CPU numbers and Graphics cards give me a headache!

My budget is about £800, not to worried about brand. Gaming wise FM, Rome Total War (So Good!!) and maybe a few others. Would like a laptop that would last a while. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-TUF-FA506II-BQ058T-15-6-Gaming-Laptop-Ryzen-5-R5-4600H-8GB-512GB-GTX1650Ti-/114552313428?hash=item1aabd99654
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265032347288?epid=7042128769&hash=item3db528ae98:g:XGkAAOSwaXRgf~Fz

Any advice or laptop suggestions is gladly taken.

Edit to say was just looking at ebay as an example, im sure ive missed about 1000 websites :D

Thank you all. 

Edited by TheDon1989

19 hours ago, TheDon1989 said:

Hello fellow FM fans, im so glad ive found this!

I finally have some money together to be able to buy a hopefully decent laptop, and seen a few i currently like on ebay. My limited amount of knowledge would suggest the second laptop has a better spec than the first one? All these CPU numbers and Graphics cards give me a headache!

My budget is about £800, not to worried about brand. Gaming wise FM, Rome Total War (So Good!!) and maybe a few others. Would like a laptop that would last a while. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-TUF-FA506II-BQ058T-15-6-Gaming-Laptop-Ryzen-5-R5-4600H-8GB-512GB-GTX1650Ti-/114552313428?hash=item1aabd99654
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265032347288?epid=7042128769&hash=item3db528ae98:g:XGkAAOSwaXRgf~Fz

Any advice or laptop suggestions is gladly taken.

Edit to say was just looking at ebay as an example, im sure ive missed about 1000 websites :D

Thank you all. 

Same specs - just a bit cheaper

https://www.box.co.uk/39P48EAABU-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-AMD-Ryzen-5-8GB-RAM-5_3561212.html

Hello Folks, I got hopefully an interesting one for you.

Suppose I have absolutely no money constraints. None at all and I can get any latest card/component shipped, no exceptions.

What components should I use to have extremely fast processing speed? How many hours per season with instant sim do you reckon? 

And yes, this is a real request. Appreciate the replies.

Edited by casxera

8 hours ago, casxera said:

Hello Folks, I got hopefully an interesting one for you.

Suppose I have absolutely no money constraints. None at all and I can get any latest card/component shipped, no exceptions.

What components should I use to have extremely fast processing speed? How many hours per season with instant sim do you reckon? 

And yes, this is a real request. Appreciate the replies.

CPU: https://www.ebuyer.com/1126985-amd-ryzen-9-5950x-am4-processor-100-100000059wof

Motherboard: https://www.ebuyer.com/914648-msi-ryzen-x570-meg-unify-ddr4-am4-motherboard-meg-x570-unify?gclid=Cj0KCQjwp86EBhD7ARIsAFkgakibAgL0HfT-cQs3i7R2l1U6E1ZwfYs-yccP23IHcOPPEuM1LQ6XB_waApNrEALw_wcB

RAM: https://www.ebuyer.com/990270-corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-4000-pc4-32000-c18-amd-optimized-cmw16gx4m2z4000c18

Graphics card isn't relevant in terms of processing speed, but you will need to choose something to go with that.  FM isn't graphics intensive, so most graphics cards will suffice.  If you're playing other modern AAA games, you'd probably want to pair it with one of the RTX 30 series cards once they're in stock.

Of course, you could go even higher on the CPU and go for the AMD Threadripper here, which is to my knowledge the most powerful desktop CPU currently available: https://www.ebuyer.com/1142753-amd-ryzen-threadripper-pro-3995wx-wof-processor-100-100000087wof

But, for the purposes of FM I'm not sure if the gains would make the significant extra cost worthwhile.  Also, I don't believe that the Threadripper is compatible with this motherboard, so you'd need to look at a different mobo option.

Edited by kevhamster

57 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

CPU: https://www.ebuyer.com/1126985-amd-ryzen-9-5950x-am4-processor-100-100000059wof

Motherboard: https://www.ebuyer.com/914648-msi-ryzen-x570-meg-unify-ddr4-am4-motherboard-meg-x570-unify?gclid=Cj0KCQjwp86EBhD7ARIsAFkgakibAgL0HfT-cQs3i7R2l1U6E1ZwfYs-yccP23IHcOPPEuM1LQ6XB_waApNrEALw_wcB

RAM: https://www.ebuyer.com/990270-corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-4000-pc4-32000-c18-amd-optimized-cmw16gx4m2z4000c18

Graphics card isn't relevant in terms of processing speed, but you will need to choose something to go with that.  FM isn't graphics intensive, so most graphics cards will suffice.  If you're playing other modern AAA games, you'd probably want to pair it with one of the RTX 30 series cards once they're in stock.

Of course, you could go even higher on the CPU and go for the AMD Threadripper here, which is to my knowledge the most powerful desktop CPU currently available: https://www.ebuyer.com/1142753-amd-ryzen-threadripper-pro-3995wx-wof-processor-100-100000087wof

But, for the purposes of FM I'm not sure if the gains would make the significant extra cost worthwhile.  Also, I don't believe that the Threadripper is compatible with this motherboard, so you'd need to look at a different mobo option.

Hey much appreciated! I will have a look at these during lunch. Thanks again!

Hey, so I’m looking to get a laptop to run FM, my budget is around $500. I’ve found a slightly used Acer Aspire 3 with i5 10th gen processor, which through my research seems decent. However, the graphics card is Intel UHD, which I’ve heard is less optimal. How well will the 3D match engine run with that processor/graphics card?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Tendy41 said:

Hey, so I’m looking to get a laptop to run FM, my budget is around $500. I’ve found a slightly used Acer Aspire 3 with i5 10th gen processor, which through my research seems decent. However, the graphics card is Intel UHD, which I’ve heard is less optimal. How well will the 3D match engine run with that processor/graphics card?

Thanks!

Without knowing exactly which processor it's hard to say. There are several 10th gen i5 CPUs. 

In terms of graphics though, expect to use lower settings. 

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

Without knowing exactly which processor it's hard to say. There are several 10th gen i5 CPUs. 

In terms of graphics though, expect to use lower settings. 

It’s the i5-1034G1

1 minute ago, Tendy41 said:

It’s the i5-1034G1

That has a base clock speed of 1.00GHz, which is below the recommended clock speed.

Whilst it will likely run the game, you may find it throttles significantly under load impacting performance.  I'd recommend against it to be honest.

That has a base clock speed of 1.00GHz, which is below the recommended clock speed.

Whilst it will likely run the game, you may find it throttles significantly under load impacting performance.  I'd recommend against it to be honest.

The guy I’m buying it off ran the “can you run it” test on it and it said that the laptop met all the recommended requirements for FM21.

18 minutes ago, Tendy41 said:

The guy I’m buying it off ran the “can you run it” test on it and it said that the laptop met all the recommended requirements for FM21.

The turbo speed does exceed the system requirements. Reaching that speed does depend on the CPU keeping the heat down. 

As I said, the laptop will likely run the game. But with the base clock speed being so low, you may get a performance hit under load. 

So, up to you. 

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

The turbo speed does exceed the system requirements. Reaching that speed does depend on the CPU keeping the heat down. 

As I said, the laptop will likely run the game. But with the base clock speed being so low, you may get a performance hit under load. 

So, up to you. 

Alright, thanks for your help.

What about Ryzen 5 4000 series with an Nvidia Gforce MX350 graphics card? That should be able to run leagues and 3D engine pretty well right?

1 hour ago, Tendy41 said:

Alright, thanks for your help.

What about Ryzen 5 4000 series with an Nvidia Gforce MX350 graphics card? That should be able to run leagues and 3D engine pretty well right?

Yes. 4th gen Ryzen 5's are very capable and the MX350 will be fine for FM's graphics. 

Afternoon,

Looking at buying a new machine (ideally around the £800-1000 mark, with scope to spend up to £1500 if deemed worthwhile) which is basically solely for FM with the occasional excel files that I need to work from home on. Would prefer a laptop, as I spend an evening a week in a hotel room with work so it would be nice to be able to travel with it. However, it isn’t essential, as I would rather prioritise performance for journeyman saves with larger databases. Currently looking at this on Box.co.uk... 

(https://www.box.co.uk/1L6F7EAABU-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-AMD-Ryzen-7-16GB-RAM-_2958259.html)

... which scores well, in the benchmark test results compared to other laptops.

Couple of quick questions… I have searched some the forums but haven’t really found anything that is that current. (If i’m wrong i do apologise)

1)     I only have ever played the game using the 2D match engine (never really been a fan of the 3D option). What (if any) specification differences should I be looking at? Is it just a case of a lower spec graphics card being able to handle the game's requirements?

2)     In terms of processing capabilities, to what degree is it worth moving upwards from cost perspective? Is it worth moving up another £300/£400 to get the additional performance benefits? At that point, does a desktop become a better choice?

Any advice hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Bradders96 said:

Afternoon,

Looking at buying a new machine (ideally around the £800-1000 mark, with scope to spend up to £1500 if deemed worthwhile) which is basically solely for FM with the occasional excel files that I need to work from home on. Would prefer a laptop, as I spend an evening a week in a hotel room with work so it would be nice to be able to travel with it. However, it isn’t essential, as I would rather prioritise performance for journeyman saves with larger databases. Currently looking at this on Box.co.uk... 

(https://www.box.co.uk/1L6F7EAABU-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-AMD-Ryzen-7-16GB-RAM-_2958259.html)

... which scores well, in the benchmark test results compared to other laptops.

Couple of quick questions… I have searched some the forums but haven’t really found anything that is that current. (If i’m wrong i do apologise)

1)     I only have ever played the game using the 2D match engine (never really been a fan of the 3D option). What (if any) specification differences should I be looking at? Is it just a case of a lower spec graphics card being able to handle the game's requirements?

2)     In terms of processing capabilities, to what degree is it worth moving upwards from cost perspective? Is it worth moving up another £300/£400 to get the additional performance benefits? At that point, does a desktop become a better choice?

Any advice hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1) Only playing in 2D means you don't need to worry about the graphics card really, as anything currently available will happily handle the dots on the 2D match engine.

2) With the laptop model you've chosen, you are starting to get to the point of diminishing returns when it comes to spending the extra.  The Ryzen 7 4800H is very strong and the laptops currently available won't generally see a huge performance uplift over what it can do, although a 5th gen Ryzen 7 would see a bit of an uplift.  Is it worth an extra £400 or so?  Hard to quantify because everyone's preferences, expectations and disposable cash are different.  I don't think the difference in performance will be huge, but I can't swear to it as the only 5th gen Ryzen's on the benchmarking thread currently are on desktops.

In terms of when a desktop becomes a better choice, given your preference for the laptop due to your travelling I'd say just stick with the portable option.  The performance gap has closed quite a bit over the last couple of years.

So after accidentally dropping my laptop the other day and it smashing to pieces, I’ve decided after 5 years to finally purchase a new one

the last one I had I asked in one of these thread about 5 years ago I bought one that was recommended to me and it was perfect and reliable after all this time so thought I might as well do the same for this 

I have a £500 budget which I can’t really go over, the only game I’ll be playing on it will be FM

with my last laptop the highest graphic settings I could run the game at was medium without it being choppy so it would be nice to be able to run them higher with the laptop being comfortable

Do you want to watch Netflix? Yes 
Do you play other games? No
Do you want to edit videos? No
Listen to music, spotify? Not often on laptop
Do you edit photos? No

All help would be appreciated 

Edited by DanielSwfc

I'm looking to buy a new laptop after mine broke recently and ideally I want it to run FM 21 at least as well as my old one did. If you can recommend one that will run it even better for my budget, that will be an added bonus.

How important is the base clock speed of the processor? A lot of the laptops you are recommending have a slightly lower base speed than my previous laptop but a much higher boost speed. To compare, I was using a HP laptop with a base clock speed of 2.7GHz and a boost speed of 2.9GHz (I think). So yeah, anything that will run FM just as smoothly is what I'm after. 

My budget is about £600 although I am willing to go slightly above that if needs be. 

Do you want to watch Netflix? No
Listen to music, spotify? No
Do you edit photos? No

I literally only use my laptop to play FM and browse the internet. 

Any help is much appreciated! 

Cheers

9 hours ago, TomFm1990 said:

I'm looking to buy a new laptop after mine broke recently and ideally I want it to run FM 21 at least as well as my old one did. If you can recommend one that will run it even better for my budget, that will be an added bonus.

How important is the base clock speed of the processor? A lot of the laptops you are recommending have a slightly lower base speed than my previous laptop but a much higher boost speed. To compare, I was using a HP laptop with a base clock speed of 2.7GHz and a boost speed of 2.9GHz (I think). So yeah, anything that will run FM just as smoothly is what I'm after. 

My budget is about £600 although I am willing to go slightly above that if needs be. 

Do you want to watch Netflix? No
Listen to music, spotify? No
Do you edit photos? No

I literally only use my laptop to play FM and browse the internet. 

Any help is much appreciated! 

Cheers

Clock speed isn't the be all and end all, but the main thing we look for when recommending when it comes to the base clock speed is that it as least the same level as that recommended by SI (1.8GHz for FM21, 2.1GHz for FM20 and earlier).

There's a lot which goes into CPU performance and a 2.1GHz CPU newly out now is likely to be stronger than a 2.5GHz CPU which came out 4 years ago.  We look at the benchmark scores of CPU's to get an idea of what the performance is like.

In terms of a good laptop in that price range, I'd recommend this: https://ao.com/product/1n7v2eaabu-hp-laptop-silver-78039-251.aspx - excellent processor and decent integrated graphics which will enable 3D match graphics at medium settings or possibly higher.

Clock speed isn't the be all and end all, but the main thing we look for when recommending when it comes to the base clock speed is that it as least the same level as that recommended by SI (1.8GHz for FM21, 2.1GHz for FM20 and earlier).

There's a lot which goes into CPU performance and a 2.1GHz CPU newly out now is likely to be stronger than a 2.5GHz CPU which came out 4 years ago.  We look at the benchmark scores of CPU's to get an idea of what the performance is like.

In terms of a good laptop in that price range, I'd recommend this: https://ao.com/product/1n7v2eaabu-hp-laptop-silver-78039-251.aspx - excellent processor and decent integrated graphics which will enable 3D match graphics at medium settings or possibly higher.

Thanks for the quick suggestion!

Had a little look around for laptops comparable to the HP and found this one which is about £50 more: https://www.box.co.uk/M513IA-BQ482T-ASUS-VivoBook-15-AMD-Ryzen-5-8GB-RAM-512_3554014.html

Which would you recommend out of the two? 

40 minutes ago, TomFm1990 said:

Thanks for the quick suggestion!

Had a little look around for laptops comparable to the HP and found this one which is about £50 more: https://www.box.co.uk/M513IA-BQ482T-ASUS-VivoBook-15-AMD-Ryzen-5-8GB-RAM-512_3554014.html

Which would you recommend out of the two? 

Specs-wise, they seem identical aside from the one at AO having a 256GB SSD and the one at Box having a 512GB SSD.

On that basis, performance should be pretty much the same so it comes down to how much storage you want on it.

9 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Specs-wise, they seem identical aside from the one at AO having a 256GB SSD and the one at Box having a 512GB SSD.

On that basis, performance should be pretty much the same so it comes down to how much storage you want on it.

Awesome. Thank you so much for your help.

On 13/05/2021 at 19:52, DanielSwfc said:

So after accidentally dropping my laptop the other day and it smashing to pieces, I’ve decided after 5 years to finally purchase a new one

the last one I had I asked in one of these thread about 5 years ago I bought one that was recommended to me and it was perfect and reliable after all this time so thought I might as well do the same for this 

I have a £500 budget which I can’t really go over, the only game I’ll be playing on it will be FM

with my last laptop the highest graphic settings I could run the game at was medium without it being choppy so it would be nice to be able to run them higher with the laptop being comfortable

Do you want to watch Netflix? Yes 
Listen to music, spotify? Not often on laptop
Do you edit photos? No

All help would be appreciated 

Wanting to buy one for next weekend so any help would be appreciated :)

Hi there,

I'm looking to get back into Football Manager after a couple of years absence. As a massive technophobe I'd be really grateful if you could point me in the right direction. I've done a little bit of digging and think this might be ok - https://www.dell.com/en-uk/work/shop/laptops/new-inspiron-14-5000/spd/inspiron-14-5405-laptop/bn54505#techspecs_section

Budget is around £500.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by City123456

On 15/05/2021 at 15:56, DanielSwfc said:

Wanting to buy one for next weekend so any help would be appreciated :)

I think you'll struggle to get a laptop that runs the graphics higher than medium for £500.  £650+ is where the systems with decent dedicated graphics start

That said i've found this for £550 but if you use the code DASINSP10 at the checkout it brings it down to £494.10

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/laptops/inspiron-15/spd/inspiron-15-5505-laptop/cn55003?cjevent=a6c8ade1b65611eb802c00e70a180510&dgc=CJ&publisherid=3743973&cjdata=MXxOfDB8WXww&gacd=9684977-24628710-5750457-280362152-136708306&dgc=af&VEN1=14311761-7988612-0p009g79gkc1&dclid=CO-p28K6zvACFQjJuwgdiKYBUA

I'm sure @Smurf and @kevhamster may know better but it seems a bargain to me as Ryzen onboard graphics are usually pretty strong

@City123456 This fits the bill for you too

Edited by Brother Ben

26 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

I think you'll struggle to get a laptop that runs the graphics higher than medium for £500.  £650+ is where the systems with decent dedicated graphics start

That said i've found this for £550 but if you use the code DASINSP10 at the checkout it brings it down to £494.10

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/laptops/inspiron-15/spd/inspiron-15-5505-laptop/cn55003?cjevent=a6c8ade1b65611eb802c00e70a180510&dgc=CJ&publisherid=3743973&cjdata=MXxOfDB8WXww&gacd=9684977-24628710-5750457-280362152-136708306&dgc=af&VEN1=14311761-7988612-0p009g79gkc1&dclid=CO-p28K6zvACFQjJuwgdiKYBUA

I'm sure @Smurf and @kevhamster may know better but it seems a bargain to me as Ryzen onboard graphics are usually pretty strong

Thanks mate, really appreciate it. I'll take a look at that one

Edited by City123456
Fat fingers

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

Top class mate! That’s the one I was looking at but I was already stretching the budget going to £500, cheers pal

3 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

That's a cracking deal. 

Hello, Looking to purchase or improve my current desktop PC.

I've been playing FM online with my friend and he has an insane PC for speed so with him being host and seeing how quick, it's made me want to improve my own or purchase a brand new desktop.

My friend has a graphics card called PNY 3090 I believe he said.

According to device manager, I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050.

I'm pretty hopeless regarding desktops etc but I can provide more info if required.

Regarding FM (I've just got back into it again)

8 countries loaded on large database and on the advanced section I have South America as the continent with  players top division clubs ticked, and then players top division clubs from about 20 nations (Norway,Croatia,Russia etc) with an approximate player count of 60,380 and a 2 star speed.

My FM feels to run perfectly fine which is great, not super slow, but would love it speeded up a little.

Regarding budget : If a complete brand new, possibly £1000 - £1,500 perhaps.

EDIT: Forgot to add, FM is my main game for PC, But also the "slim" possibility of CoD online.

Apologies if i've missed anything out. 

Edited by J Beckford 16

13 minutes ago, J Beckford 16 said:

Hello, Looking to purchase or improve my current desktop PC.

I've been playing FM online with my friend and he has an insane PC for speed so with him being host and seeing how quick, it's made me want to improve my own or purchase a brand new desktop.

My friend has a graphics card called PNY 3090 I believe he said.

According to device manager, I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050.

I'm pretty hopeless regarding desktops etc but I can provide more info if required.

Regarding FM (I've just got back into it again)

8 countries loaded on large database and on the advanced section I have South America as the continent with  players top division clubs ticked, and then players top division clubs from about 20 nations (Norway,Croatia,Russia etc) with an approximate player count of 60,380 and a 2 star speed.

My FM feels to run perfectly fine which is great, not super slow, but would love it speeded up a little.

Regarding budget : If a complete brand new, possibly £1000 - £1,500 perhaps.

Apologies if i've missed anything out. 

The thing we'd really need to know is your current CPU and RAM.

The GTX 1050, although an older card now, is still more than enough for FM's max settings.

Follow these steps to bring up the relevant details, and copy/paste, or take a screenshot.  :)

17 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

The thing we'd really need to know is your current CPU and RAM.

The GTX 1050, although an older card now, is still more than enough for FM's max settings.

Follow these steps to bring up the relevant details, and copy/paste, or take a screenshot.  :)

Thanks for the response!

Yeah the 1050 runs well enough, it's just between the days etc which is a little slow for me now. I forgot to add in the post above (I'll re-edit) but FM is my main game but also interested in CoD perhaps but not necessary. 

Hope these screenshots help!

image.png

image.png

Edited by J Beckford 16

1 hour ago, J Beckford 16 said:

Thanks for the response!

Yeah the 1050 runs well enough, it's just between the days etc which is a little slow for me now. I forgot to add in the post above (I'll re-edit) but FM is my main game but also interested in CoD perhaps but not necessary. 

Hope these screenshots help!

image.png

image.png

This should do the job for both FM and CoD, and you will see a huge increase on the speed between matches on this as well:

https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/amd-am4-gen3-pc/qmmNgWcWSh/

Hi I'm looking to get a gaming laptop to be used mainly for FM aswell as a bit of coursework but nothing major , willing to spend about £900 what's the best one out there for this amount ? Thanks 

11 hours ago, TJ90 said:

Hi I'm looking to get a gaming laptop to be used mainly for FM aswell as a bit of coursework but nothing major , willing to spend about £900 what's the best one out there for this amount ? Thanks 

https://www.box.co.uk/82GN001KUK-Lenovo-Legion-5-AMD-Ryzen-7-8GB-RAM-512G_3064876.html

8 minutes ago, Adamm90 said:

Is there much value in Dell gaming desktops? I can get this for around £1,050: https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/gaming-and-games/new-g5-gaming-desktop/spd/g-series-5000-desktop/cd500015

I’ll mainly be playing FM, but also FIFA if it’s capable, and some other simulation games (Planet Coaster etc).

For the price, that's very good.  It'll be able to handle whatever game you want to throw at it.

46 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

For the price, that's very good.  It'll be able to handle whatever game you want to throw at it.

Excellent, and as I go to order it’s out of stock. :D

1 hour ago, Adamm90 said:

Excellent, and as I go to order it’s out of stock. :D

This is an alternative for you:

https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/amd-am4-gen3-pc/UpURd7tAFK/

The CPU is stronger than the one at Dell.  The graphics card isn't as strong, but still will be more than enough to handle the games you've mentioned.

Hey guys looking for some advice got a budget of around £400 want a laptop that can handle long term saves with a good few nations loaded on a pref large databases also want it to be quick if possible. I usually play only commentary so 3D isn’t essential just long term large saves.. thanks if anyone can help me as I have no idea about specs etc 

Edited by jackripper

7 minutes ago, jackripper said:

Hey guys looking for some advice got a budget of around £400 want a laptop that can handle long term saves with a good few nations loaded on a pref large databases also want it to be quick if possible. I usually play only commentary so 3D isn’t essential just long term large saves.. thanks if anyone can help me as I have no idea about specs etc 

There's not a huge amount to recommend under £400, but I have found a couple which are OK. 

If you're happy to get a refurb unit, I'd go for this: https://www.laptopstation.co.uk/product/laptops/ideapad-3-14-2/

Or, if you're not happy to go for a refurb, I'd go for this one: https://www.box.co.uk/M509DA-BQ912T-ASUS-AMD-Ryzen-3-8GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-15.6_3062613.html

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

There's not a huge amount to recommend under £400, but I have found a couple which are OK. 

If you're happy to get a refurb unit, I'd go for this: https://www.laptopstation.co.uk/product/laptops/ideapad-3-14-2/

Or, if you're not happy to go for a refurb, I'd go for this one: https://www.box.co.uk/M509DA-BQ912T-ASUS-AMD-Ryzen-3-8GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-15.6_3062613.html

Thank you sorry to be a pain but how would they run fm would it be slow and what limit of leagues could I run etc approximately, cheers for the quick response also