Jump to content

FM21 - NEW PC/Laptop advice thread *** PLEASE READ OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING ***


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, SlayerX said:

What would be deemed a "good" price?

Whatever the price is is the price. 

We can't advise on that - if you want to negotiate the price yourself, that's up to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

Whatever the price is is the price. 

We can't advise on that - if you want to negotiate the price yourself, that's up to you.

Sure you can.

The price is ultimately set by the seller. Just because Pogba is bought for £90m+ doesnt meant that he's worth £90m+.

Same with laptops. The Dell that I'm looking at is currently going for £1,499.99. Again, doesnt mean it's worth it. The Medion is going for £595 and yet you, yourself, recommended the Medion.

And yeah, I will negotiate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Sure you can.

The price is ultimately set by the seller. Just because Pogba is bought for £90m+ doesnt meant that he's worth £90m+.

Same with laptops. The Dell that I'm looking at is currently going for £1,499.99. Again, doesnt mean it's worth it. The Medion is going for £595 and yet you, yourself, recommended the Medion.

And yeah, I will negotiate.

I don't set the prices - nor does anyone else on the  forums.

I have no idea what anything is worth. I only recommend based on what is found and in people budget.

If you want to buy it - then buy it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I don't set the prices - nor does anyone else on the  forums.

I have no idea what anything is worth. I only recommend based on what is found and in people budget.

If you want to buy it - then buy it.

This is pretty much it.  I have my idea on what I personally would be happy to pay for stuff.  Out of that Dell and the Medion, yes I'd have recommended the Medion when factoring in the price as if it was me making the purchase, I couldn't justify the extra price for the Dell.

The other side of the coin is prices are a little inflated currently anyway due to the cost of components.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So... a good price would be?

£700? 

Never mind. Maybe it's an unanswerable question like, "does God exist?" or "Why are the Kardashians a thing?".

 

Edited by SlayerX
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SlayerX said:

So... a good price would be?

£700? 

Never mind. Maybe it's an unanswerable question like, "does God exist?" or "Why are the Kardashians a thing?".

 

What's the price they are asking for

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm helping my brother look for a laptop to play FM21 on. It would only be used for the game

Budget is around £300 - in an ideal world, he'd like to be able to play multiple nations and 3d, but I don't think that's going to be possible in our range. 

Are there any laptops that you would be able to suggest? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kaaay said:

Hi, I'm helping my brother look for a laptop to play FM21 on. It would only be used for the game

Budget is around £300 - in an ideal world, he'd like to be able to play multiple nations and 3d, but I don't think that's going to be possible in our range. 

Are there any laptops that you would be able to suggest? 

In my opinion it would be a waste of money to even suggest anything.

Or see if there's a way you get some more money together. I'd recommend about 500-600 or a decent laptop to play FM on.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning Guys, I'm looking to get a new laptop. Budgets around £1000 can stretch it abit if needed. I usually like doing journey men saves so i do like running quite a few leagues. mostly use it for gaming, mostly FM as well.

 

thanks in advance 

Edited by hilmz88
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kaaay said:

Hi, I'm helping my brother look for a laptop to play FM21 on. It would only be used for the game

Budget is around £300 - in an ideal world, he'd like to be able to play multiple nations and 3d, but I don't think that's going to be possible in our range. 

Are there any laptops that you would be able to suggest? 

 

6 minutes ago, Smurf said:

In my opinion it would be a waste of money to even suggest anything.

Or see if there's a way you get some more money together. I'd recommend about 500-600 or a decent laptop to play FM on.

 

 

Smurf is correct, there really is very little in that price range.

There is this refurb laptop - it's likely to struggle with the 3D graphics, so settings will need to be lowered or play in 2D, but the CPU isn't terrible and does meet the minimum requirements:

https://www.laptopstation.co.uk/product/laptops/latitude-3500-4/

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, hilmz88 said:

Morning Guys, I'm looking to get a new laptop. Budgets around £1000 can stretch it abit if needed. I usually like doing journey men saves so i do like running quite a few leagues. 

 

thanks in advance 

https://www.box.co.uk/FX506HE-HN018T-ASUS-TUF-GAMING-F15-Intel-Core-i7-8GB-RA_3617147.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All 

Budget of £900-1000 looking to purchase a new laptop in next couple of days. Computer is simply for playing FM and surfing/watching Netflix etc (no other games played) - Portability & Battery Life are "nice to haves"

Looking into the Benchmarks thread I see nothing better than a bog standard Macbook Air M1 at that budget in terms of cpu performance for FM which is THE priority (screen size no issue for me - so willing to go for anything in between 13-16 inches)

Have used both Macbooks and Windows laptops before, so happy with either OS.

Would appreciate if anyone can recommend me any alternatives at around the same budget, if they think I can do better

Many thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Connor said:

Hi All 

Budget of £900-1000 looking to purchase a new laptop in next couple of days. Computer is simply for playing FM and surfing/watching Netflix etc (no other games played) - Portability & Battery Life are "nice to haves"

Looking into the Benchmarks thread I see nothing better than a bog standard Macbook Air M1 at that budget in terms of cpu performance for FM which is THE priority (screen size no issue for me - so willing to go for anything in between 13-16 inches)

Have used both Macbooks and Windows laptops before, so happy with either OS.

Would appreciate if anyone can recommend me any alternatives at around the same budget, if they think I can do better

Many thanks in advance

I've only ever used Windows.  Last week I bought an M1 Macbook Air and it's the best decision I've ever made.

Portability was key for me and it blows the competition out of the water on that front.  Performance is also exceptional, as the benchmarking thread shows.  

I run the graphics on high too which is crazy really for a fanless portable machine

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, hilmz88 said:

do you think M1 MacBook Air would be better than the laptop posted above 

No, not if your usage is for mostly FM. Screen size shouldn;t be ignored, and the portability of the macbook is undoubtedly great, but if your main usage is FM then Windows is simply a better option. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Connor said:

Hi All 

Budget of £900-1000 looking to purchase a new laptop in next couple of days. Computer is simply for playing FM and surfing/watching Netflix etc (no other games played) - Portability & Battery Life are "nice to haves"

Looking into the Benchmarks thread I see nothing better than a bog standard Macbook Air M1 at that budget in terms of cpu performance for FM which is THE priority (screen size no issue for me - so willing to go for anything in between 13-16 inches)

Have used both Macbooks and Windows laptops before, so happy with either OS.

Would appreciate if anyone can recommend me any alternatives at around the same budget, if they think I can do better

Many thanks in advance

 

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

I've only ever used Windows.  Last week I bought an M1 Macbook Air and it's the best decision I've ever made.

Portability was key for me and it blows the competition out of the water on that front.  Performance is also exceptional, as the benchmarking thread shows.  

I run the graphics on high too which is crazy really for a fanless portable machine

 

58 minutes ago, hilmz88 said:

do you think M1 MacBook Air would be better than the laptop posted above 

 

45 minutes ago, Craigus89 said:

No, not if your usage is for mostly FM. Screen size shouldn;t be ignored, and the portability of the macbook is undoubtedly great, but if your main usage is FM then Windows is simply a better option. 

Try not to forget the M1 MacBook Pro is only available in 13 inch screens.

If that's an issue then it's not for you.

As portable as a 13 inch is - it might not be best for everyone.

It's also limited to 8gb RAM

 

I did find this one

https://www.box.co.uk/Honor-MagicBook-Pro-AMD-Ryzen-5-16GB-512_3814504.html

Half the price
as It's twice the storage 

Bigger Screen

Twice the RAM

 

Outside of thin/light/portablity (but still portable)

https://www.box.co.uk/82JU002XUK-U-Lenovo-Legion-5-(2021)-AMD-Ryzen-5-16GB-_3817755.html

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, hilmz88 said:

It's close between all 3

The 5600h is the fastest base speed and good turbo speed.

All 3 are excellent.

Just depends if you want. The 5600H and possibly the 11800h are not 'as portable'

image.png.29c4a92e40211b5a8cb36ede21f70115.png

And not forgetting the M1 Mac - should you prefer a 13 inch

image.png.92d89065cb58c90c381e9f3660bb7e55.png

 

There isn't much in it. 

 

The Honor Magic Book (4600H) does not have a dedicated graphics card

If that's important to play 3D matches on High Detail - then it's not for you.

 

All 4 options are exceptionally good for FM.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you save about £500 going for Windows option.

Two have very good graphics cards - and expandable RAM (16 already).

Longevity shouldn't be an issue.

 

M1 chip is an option if you prefer 13 inch screen.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Connor said:

Thanks Smurf for you input and offering alternatives to the Macbook Air M1

Based on you stating the 5600h might be the way to go, I came across this... any good in terms of a deal?

https://www.box.co.uk/G513QC-HN014T-ASUS-ROG-STRIX-G15-AMD-Ryzen-5-8GB-RAM-5_3611816.html

Looks good - 8gb RAM though - which is more than enough.

But I am on the verge of personally recommending 16gb RAM as standard.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, hilmz88 said:

Well it's 17 inches. Might be losing a bit on portability. 

But look good

4 hours ago, avra06 said:

Hi looking at this laptop for FM 2021. Usually 5 leagues, large database. I do like 3d but I'm an old school player too with 2d. Let me know your thoughts. 

https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-edge/ThinkPad-E14-Gen2-AMD/p/20T6000CAU

That's designed more towards portability. Nothing wrong for what you described. But if you don't mind sacrifice of processing power.

What's the budget and what do you plan on doing with the laptop in general?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your reply. I am thinking around $900 AUD. 

I plan on web surfing, checking emails, YouTube and Football Manager. I don't play any other games. 

Edited by avra06
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30/06/2021 at 07:36, hilmz88 said:

Morning Guys, I'm looking to get a new laptop. Budgets around £1000 can stretch it abit if needed. I usually like doing journey men saves so i do like running quite a few leagues. mostly use it for gaming, mostly FM as well.

 

thanks in advance 

Have a look on ebay for a 2nd hand one. I couldn't afford  a new gaming pc so got a asus gaming desktop. Its been bang on plays all the top European leagues and 3 South America. 3d is great and I can also play dayz and other games. Spent 400.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All

 

Completely new here so appreciate any guidance/ recommendations. I would be looking for laptop predominantly for FM only looking to load 5/6 nations on large database and looking to play on 3D (ideally)  From reading through most recent posts similar to my price points of around £550. If there is any I have missed and better options/ value that would be great

https://ao.com/product/81yq0015uk-lenovo-laptop-grey-77769-251.aspx

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9396461?clickSR=slp:term:asus vivobook 15 15.6 inch ryzen 5 8gb 256gb fhd laptop:1:11:1

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-inspiron-14-5405-14-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-silver-10208028-pdt.html

https://ao.com/product/81lk01pruk-lenovo-ideapad-l34015irh-laptop-black-81658-251.aspx

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a good laptop for 6-8 nations and 3D match engine?

 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-inspiron-15-5502-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-256-gb-ssd-silver-10217071-pdt.html

 

Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/07/2021 at 15:35, Georged701 said:

Hi All

 

Completely new here so appreciate any guidance/ recommendations. I would be looking for laptop predominantly for FM only looking to load 5/6 nations on large database and looking to play on 3D (ideally)  From reading through most recent posts similar to my price points of around £550. If there is any I have missed and better options/ value that would be great

https://ao.com/product/81yq0015uk-lenovo-laptop-grey-77769-251.aspx

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9396461?clickSR=slp:term:asus vivobook 15 15.6 inch ryzen 5 8gb 256gb fhd laptop:1:11:1

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-inspiron-14-5405-14-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-silver-10208028-pdt.html

https://ao.com/product/81lk01pruk-lenovo-ideapad-l34015irh-laptop-black-81658-251.aspx

Within the same price range is this which is a better spec than all of the above: https://www.box.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-7-AMD-Ryzen-5-8GB-RAM-256GB-_3557426.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi all

The hinge on my 18 month old Dell has snapped (for no obvious reason, it’s been sat on a table and hasn’t moved)…

https://www.europc.co.uk/dell-g3-15-3590-intel-core-i5-9300h-8gb-ram-256gb-ssd-1tb-sata-15.6-1920x1080-fhd-3gb-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-dell-1-yr-wty-149054.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwuIWHBhBDEiwACXQYsXD4DgNlqghcj8CxstfZub2o4iPdQ-1jfECuL_DMfrBy0agSXQkl4xoCSN0QAvD_BwE

I’ve just bought this to come tomorrow, mainly to be used for work (word and excel) and internet browsing:

https://www.johnlewis.com/hp-pavilion-15-eg0041na-laptop-intel-core-i7-processor-16gb-ram-512gb-ssd-15-6-inch-full-hd-silver/p5464374#product

If anyone has any experience of both, or just any thoughts on:

a) how the new HP laptop will fare with FM (only game I play) and

b) how the new HP will fare compared to the old Dell with FM

i’d be grateful for your thoughts.

Many thanks in advance, much appreciated 

John

Edited by Finchie
Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Finchie said:

Hi all

The hinge on my 18 month old Dell has snapped (for no obvious reason, it’s been sat on a table and hasn’t moved)…

https://www.europc.co.uk/dell-g3-15-3590-intel-core-i5-9300h-8gb-ram-256gb-ssd-1tb-sata-15.6-1920x1080-fhd-3gb-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-dell-1-yr-wty-149054.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwuIWHBhBDEiwACXQYsXD4DgNlqghcj8CxstfZub2o4iPdQ-1jfECuL_DMfrBy0agSXQkl4xoCSN0QAvD_BwE

I’ve just bought this to come tomorrow, mainly to be used for work (word and excel) and internet browsing:

https://www.johnlewis.com/hp-pavilion-15-eg0041na-laptop-intel-core-i7-processor-16gb-ram-512gb-ssd-15-6-inch-full-hd-silver/p5464374#product

If anyone has any experience of both, or just any thoughts on:

a) how the new HP laptop will fare with FM (only game I play) and

b) how the new HP will fare compared to the old Dell with FM

i’d be grateful for your thoughts.

Many thanks in advance, much appreciated 

John

The new laptop will do just fine for FM.  The processing speed between matches should be better than the Dell, as the CPU is better. 

The Dell will have the edge in terms of 3D graphics settings due to having a dedicated graphics card, but the Iris XE integrated graphics in the CPU on the new one is supposed to be quite capable so should handle medium settings at least. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks, 

Looking for a laptop recommendation. It's basically being bought just for FM. I'd love something that handles leagues with ease and has very quick processing times. Playing some 3D but not high specs. Budget around 500-800.

What are the things to look out for / options? is it better to go for an actual "gaming laptop" or is that just marketing? 

 

Really appreciate any help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, TheGhostofPaulLambert said:

Hi folks, 

Looking for a laptop recommendation. It's basically being bought just for FM. I'd love something that handles leagues with ease and has very quick processing times. Playing some 3D but not high specs. Budget around 500-800.

What are the things to look out for / options? is it better to go for an actual "gaming laptop" or is that just marketing? 

 

Really appreciate any help. 

Calling a laptop a gaming laptop isn't marketing as such - it signifies that it has a dedicated graphics card and can therefore handle modern games, which is something a computer with only the GPU integrated into the CPU will struggle with.

The main thing you should look for though is a decent CPU.

This one is actually a very decent price for the spec:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/asus-tuf-a17-17-3-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-gtx-1650-256-gb-ssd-10214131-pdt.html

Edited by kevhamster
Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Calling a laptop a gaming laptop isn't marketing as such - it signifies that it has a dedicated graphics card and can therefore handle modern games, which is something a computer with only the GPU integrated into the CPU will struggle with.

The main thing you should look for though is a decent CPU.

This one is actually a very decent price for the spec:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/asus-tuf-a17-17-3-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-gtx-1650-256-gb-ssd-10214131-pdt.html

Amazing thanks. Potentially stupid question. Is there a noticeable 200 quid difference between that and say this which I've seen mentioned on here a few times...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0877L4KMD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_RXGJMC8658S4PGMVEY5W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheGhostofPaulLambert said:

Amazing thanks. Potentially stupid question. Is there a noticeable 200 quid difference between that and say this which I've seen mentioned on here a few times...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0877L4KMD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_RXGJMC8658S4PGMVEY5W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

In fairness, no.  Looks the same spec to me.

So, I'd go for the one on Amazon, as that price is pretty amazing to be honest.  I tend to forget to look on Amazon when it comes to these as the search function for laptops is such a complete nightmare on the Amazon site.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

In fairness, no.  Looks the same spec to me.

So, I'd go for the one on Amazon, as that price is pretty amazing to be honest.  I tend to forget to look on Amazon when it comes to these as the search function for laptops is such a complete nightmare on the Amazon site.

Great stuff you're an absolute hero..final question I promise...

 

On that link There is a GTX 1650 and GTX 1650i for 80 quid more. Is it worth the upgrade or not?

 

Many thanks again. I owe you a virtual beer.

Edited by TheGhostofPaulLambert
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheGhostofPaulLambert said:

Great stuff you're an absolute hero..final question I promise...

 

On that link There is a GTX 1650 and GTX 1650i for 80 quid more. Is it worth the upgrade or not?

 

Many thanks again. I owe you a virtual beer.

If FM is the only game you play, then no.  The standard 1650 is more than enough.

If you do play other games, then it could well be worth the upgrade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 25/06/2021 at 09:00, kevhamster said:

Yeah, for £530 that's an absolute bargain.

On the basis of this conversation, I also bought this desktop, albeit with a different discount code, and its absolutely spot on. 

Many thanks to you all for pointing us in the right direction! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Taunton said:

Hi.

Is a Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 ok for FM?

Cheers in advance.

Yes, that graphics card is more than enough for max settings.

You need to pay more attention to the CPU when it comes to FM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys, 

 

Im looking for a new Laptop specifically to play FM21 and FM22 later this year but I'm not too up to speed on Whats what these days,  Do I need dedicated graphics if I'm only using it for Football Manager? (I would like to use the 3d engine),

I would like a 15" screen or bigger, At least 500gb HD preferably SSD but its not essential. 8gb Ram, I'm not sure about processors and graphics cards. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

My budget is £500-600

Thanks in advance.

 

would this be suitable?  https://www.johnlewis.com/asus-vivobook-15-x512da-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-processor-8gb-ram-512gb-ssd-15-6-inch-full-hd-silver/p5324041

Edited by Gruff
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Gruff said:

Hi Guys, 

 

Im looking for a new Laptop specifically to play FM21 and FM22 later this year but I'm not too up to speed on Whats what these days,  Do I need dedicated graphics if I'm only using it for Football Manager? (I would like to use the 3d engine),

I would like a 15" screen or bigger, At least 500gb HD preferably SSD but its not essential. 8gb Ram, I'm not sure about processors and graphics cards. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

My budget is £500-600

Thanks in advance.

 

would this be suitable?  https://www.johnlewis.com/asus-vivobook-15-x512da-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-processor-8gb-ram-512gb-ssd-15-6-inch-full-hd-silver/p5324041

Nope, dedicated graphics cards are not a necessity if FM is the only game you're playing, and the recent Ryzen 5 and 7 chips, or 11th gen i5 or i7's have decent integrated graphics which should allow for 3D settings in FM at the higher end of the settings spectrum,

Taking into account your requirements, this is the one I'd go for:

https://www.box.co.uk/M513IA-BQ483T-ASUS-VivoBook-15-AMD-Ryzen-7-8GB-RAM-512_3554015.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all I’m a returning FM player from over the years. I have mainly been playing all the FM games on my old laptop which has officially died. Also I have played the last 2 years on my Nintendo Switch but the Touch version doesn’t really do it for me anymore and I’m trying to find a cost effective laptop to buy as it will only be for FM and the odd surfing the internet.

I have found this laptop which is a bit on the pricier side for me, however curry’s provide a pay later offer which I’d look at taking advantage of.

 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-14-dv0511sa-14-laptop-intel-core-i3-256-gb-ssd-silver-10212879-pdt.html#

 

Could anyone advise if this laptop would be able to run FM21 and likely FM22 when it’s out. I usually load a good number of leagues so I’m not too worried about it taking awhile to complete a week. But also wouldn’t want it to take hours. Any help or advice would be great thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Patbyatt said:

Hi all I’m a returning FM player from over the years. I have mainly been playing all the FM games on my old laptop which has officially died. Also I have played the last 2 years on my Nintendo Switch but the Touch version doesn’t really do it for me anymore and I’m trying to find a cost effective laptop to buy as it will only be for FM and the odd surfing the internet.

I have found this laptop which is a bit on the pricier side for me, however curry’s provide a pay later offer which I’d look at taking advantage of.

 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-14-dv0511sa-14-laptop-intel-core-i3-256-gb-ssd-silver-10212879-pdt.html#

 

Could anyone advise if this laptop would be able to run FM21 and likely FM22 when it’s out. I usually load a good number of leagues so I’m not too worried about it taking awhile to complete a week. But also wouldn’t want it to take hours. Any help or advice would be great thanks.

It'll run FM21 for sure..... it's  not a great choice though if I'm honest.  The i3's tend to be a little bit underpowered, and they don't get the benefit of the Iris XE integrated graphics which the 11th gen i5 and i7's have.

For an extra £20 this is quite a lot better: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15s-eq1510sa-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-silver-10207935-pdt.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Which of these Processors is more powerful and more suited to FM please?

 

To me it looks like the i5 is the more powerful of the 2 but I read somewhere Ryzen are better for games. 
 

Any help greatly appreciated. 326C06F8-7863-49DA-ABA0-8AEBCCDA0A70.jpeg.0fc649543a8b6ae89bab9e48e06adcd0.jpegB259C0A8-34FD-4F3A-B45C-1C5671AD6440.jpeg.de3c036ff436191d3fa4625ad507a787.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/07/2021 at 00:53, kevhamster said:

It'll run FM21 for sure..... it's  not a great choice though if I'm honest.  The i3's tend to be a little bit underpowered, and they don't get the benefit of the Iris XE integrated graphics which the 11th gen i5 and i7's have.

For an extra £20 this is quite a lot better: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15s-eq1510sa-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-silver-10207935-pdt.html

Thank you for the input, if I buy a new laptop I will definitely go for the one you suggested over the one I linked.

Sorry to ask another question. I’m looking at possibly repairing my old laptop instead as possibly a cheaper way of playing FM. I have an old Sony Vaio PCG-81112M from around 2011, I wasn’t sure if the specs are better than the one you linked. I think it is probably had it’s best days and beyond repairs.  I would have to buy a new battery as mine only lasts 5minutes, fix the fan from overheating somehow and also figure out how to fix my keyboard pressing multiple keys at the same time. I’m no expert so this may be more hassle than it’s worth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...