Jump to content

FM21 - NEW PC/Laptop advice thread *** PLEASE READ OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING ***


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Polski97 said:

Thanks Kev ! 

 

My biggest issue with laptop is the battery ... do you reckon the battery can be replaced ? 

Sorry, I can't answer that for sure. 

However, usually a battery can be replaced even if its one which is designed to be kept in place. Usually, in these cases it just means unscrewing the laptop chassis an unscrewing the battery from its compartment. 

But, I don't have detailed knowledge of the model itself so can't give a definitive answer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ready to play the big game again. Been playing the touch version on the switch the last couple of years. Now my kids are getting older I have abit more time on my hands. Budget between £500-£700.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/acer-nitro-5-an515-54-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-gtx-1650-256-gb-ssd-10205925-pdt.html

 

Been looking around and found this one. My kids will also want to play Minecraft type games aswell

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Danitfc87 said:

I'm ready to play the big game again. Been playing the touch version on the switch the last couple of years. Now my kids are getting older I have abit more time on my hands. Budget between £500-£700.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/acer-nitro-5-an515-54-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-gtx-1650-256-gb-ssd-10205925-pdt.html

 

Been looking around and found this one. My kids will also want to play Minecraft type games aswell

 

Thanks

Yep, that'll do a decent job for you. Good price as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 15/12/2020 at 15:44, kevhamster said:

More storage is never a bad thing.  I've actually found it here for the same price as the 256GB model on Box:

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/medion-crawler-e10-core-i5-10300h-8gb-512gb-ssd-15.6-inch-geforce-gtx-1650-30029418/version.asp

That’s for the advice Kev, went with the one from Box due to quickness of delivery etc......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

My current late-2016 MacBook Pro is goosed. So I’m looking at replacing, I’m not very tech-savvy but wanted advice on the M1 MacBook. Specifically, will there be a tangible difference in performance between the Air and the Pro, and again will there be a big difference between 8gb and 16gb of RAM? 
 

edit : I should add its performance when using FM21 I’m referring to! 😁
 

thanks in advance 😁

Edited by Duddy89
Clarifying question
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 15/12/2020 at 20:48, kevhamster said:

A desktop will always be a better value choice than a laptop if you have the space.

This is a cracking deal for £700: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-pcs/acer-nitro-n50-110-gaming-pc-ryzen-5-gtx-1650-1-tb-hdd-10209356-pdt.html

The only real downside to it is that it's got a hard drive as opposed to a SSD.  But the CPU is excellent and the graphics card is more than enough for FM.

 

 

Or, this is also excellent value.  The CPU isn't quite as strong, but at £550 this is actually really good value:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-pcs/pc-specialist-vortex-gr-gaming-pc-intel-core-i3-gtx-1650-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10205565-pdt.html

You get the SSD for the system, plus a 1TB HDD.

Is this any better?  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fierce-MR-X-Gaming-PC-Compatible/dp/B07DLB4TPK?th=1

Looks to be the same processer & graphics card as the £700 one above, but with 16GB RAM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Adamm90 said:

Is this any better?  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fierce-MR-X-Gaming-PC-Compatible/dp/B07DLB4TPK?th=1

Looks to be the same processer & graphics card as the £700 one above, but with 16GB RAM.

It is in fact slightly better, as it has the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU rather than the 3500.

So, specs-wise it's a better deal.  My only reservation would be in terms of warranty with these smaller Amazon sellers, having had a case in the past where the seller vanished before the apparent warranty period expired.  But as long as you're happy with that, then the Amazon one does represent better value on a pure specs to price basis.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. What is the most important hardware component for the fm? For sure it should be balanced to avoid bottlenecks. How much is the GPU and the RAM involved in the gaming speed? I think the GPU is also doing a lot of work, but maybe only in the 3D matches. I'm only playing in the text mode.

My Laptop System:

Model: MSI GE73 VR

CPU Model: i 7 7700 HQ

CPU Base Frequency: 2.8 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.8 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2400 MHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Storage Type: SSD

Is it worth a try to go on 32 GB RAM? Or would the CPU be a bottleneck?

 

Thanks mates :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/12/2020 at 13:48, Smurf said:

Do you need a monitor?

You can go up to 16gb RAM but it put it over the €600 - but 8gb is enough and you could always buy more ram anyway and put it in later - 8gb is enough though.

Case
PCS 6003B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i3 Quad Core Processor i3-9100 (3.60GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF H310M-PLUS GAMING R2.0: Micro-ATX, DDR4, LGA1151, USB 3.1 - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti - DVI, HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive
256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (1900 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
 

Price: €581.00 including VAT and Delivery

Unique URL to re-configure: https://www.pcspecialist.ie/saved-configurations/intel-home-office-pc-II/M32Y4GMBBN/

 

You can tinker the settings in the link above.

 

Hi!

I just wanted to thank you for your help.

I eventually found an offer from a guy living nearby, who imho setup a decent system.

I paid 650€ for :

i5 9600kf

16gb ddr4 3600mhz ram

gtx 1660 super

256SSD + 1TB HDD

27' fullHD iiyama monitor.

 

All in pristine condition with warranty and so on.

 

FM runs like butter.

I was almost crying seeing the fans within the ME, i probably played 2k hours with the lowest settings..

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
36 minutes ago, vladikliese89 said:

Hey guys. What is the most important hardware component for the fm? For sure it should be balanced to avoid bottlenecks. How much is the GPU and the RAM involved in the gaming speed? I think the GPU is also doing a lot of work, but maybe only in the 3D matches. I'm only playing in the text mode.

My Laptop System:

Model: MSI GE73 VR

CPU Model: i 7 7700 HQ

CPU Base Frequency: 2.8 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.8 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2400 MHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Storage Type: SSD

Is it worth a try to go on 32 GB RAM? Or would the CPU be a bottleneck?

 

Thanks mates :)

More RAM would make no difference for FM, 8GB would be enough for FM in any situation (if you were only running FM, obviously if you have lots of other apps open using memory that can change the situation)

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vladikliese89 said:

Hey guys. What is the most important hardware component for the fm? For sure it should be balanced to avoid bottlenecks. How much is the GPU and the RAM involved in the gaming speed? I think the GPU is also doing a lot of work, but maybe only in the 3D matches. I'm only playing in the text mode.

My Laptop System:

Model: MSI GE73 VR

CPU Model: i 7 7700 HQ

CPU Base Frequency: 2.8 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.8 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2400 MHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Storage Type: SSD

Is it worth a try to go on 32 GB RAM? Or would the CPU be a bottleneck?

 

Thanks mates :)

The CPU is the bottleneck - the GPU will only be used for the graphics and the GTX 1070 is more than enough for FM anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all,

 

I'm in the market for a new laptop as I'm currently at home recovering from a broken leg, and got FM21 as a birthday present, but my current laptop is really struggling with it. I've read so many different comments about different laptop recommendations that it's made my brain hurt. 

 

My budget is around £1000 but not specifically looking for something that expensive. I want something where I can play a decent amount of FM and use it for general browsing. It also needs to be lightweight as I'll be taking it to work with me when I'm back so I can play FM on my (sometimes lenghty) breaks. 

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, D_york19 said:

Evening all,

 

I'm in the market for a new laptop as I'm currently at home recovering from a broken leg, and got FM21 as a birthday present, but my current laptop is really struggling with it. I've read so many different comments about different laptop recommendations that it's made my brain hurt. 

 

My budget is around £1000 but not specifically looking for something that expensive. I want something where I can play a decent amount of FM and use it for general browsing. It also needs to be lightweight as I'll be taking it to work with me when I'm back so I can play FM on my (sometimes lenghty) breaks. 

 

Cheers

For something fairly light, this'll do the job quite nicely at £550: https://www.box.co.uk/M413IA-EB573T-ASUS-Vivobook-14-M413IA-EB573T_2955297.html

Good processor and strong integrated graphics (good enough for medium 3D settings on FM, possibly higher).

Or, for the ultra portable there's the new M1 based Macbook Air, which is just shy of £1,000 but at 13" is going to be very lightweight and portable: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8797748?clickSR=slp:term:macbook air m1:2:19:1

Don't go for the older Intel based Macbooks though.

Edited by kevhamster
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, D_york19 said:

Evening all,

 

I'm in the market for a new laptop as I'm currently at home recovering from a broken leg, and got FM21 as a birthday present, but my current laptop is really struggling with it. I've read so many different comments about different laptop recommendations that it's made my brain hurt. 

 

My budget is around £1000 but not specifically looking for something that expensive. I want something where I can play a decent amount of FM and use it for general browsing. It also needs to be lightweight as I'll be taking it to work with me when I'm back so I can play FM on my (sometimes lenghty) breaks. 

 

Cheers

 

10 hours ago, kevhamster said:

For something fairly light, this'll do the job quite nicely at £550: https://www.box.co.uk/M413IA-EB573T-ASUS-Vivobook-14-M413IA-EB573T_2955297.html

Good processor and strong integrated graphics (good enough for medium 3D settings on FM, possibly higher).

Or, for the ultra portable there's the new M1 based Macbook Air, which is just shy of £1,000 but at 13" is going to be very lightweight and portable: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8797748?clickSR=slp:term:macbook air m1:2:19:1

Don't go for the older Intel based Macbooks though.

Just throw my boot in here - 

Keep in mind the Mac with M1 chips are only available in the 13 inch laptop range. So if you want a bigger screen - don't go with the Mac just yet.

For £1000 - I found this thin and light laptop https://www.box.co.uk/81YX0001UK-Lenovo-Legion-Y740S_2943307.html

But the Mac M1 is getting rave reviews. I'm still on the fence about it, but it gets a good benchmark in the benchmarking threads.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, 

My budget is 400 to 600 euro. I would like to buy a new laptop that will enable me to play longer careers with more leagues loaded, whilst browsing the internet at the same time. 

I have my eye on this one: https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-aspire-5-a515-44-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-512-gb-ssd-black-10208163-pdt.html

Would it suffice? I am in Ireland. It would be better if I avoid the UK sites cos of import charges and so on due to Brexit. Thanks very much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

vor 23 Stunden schrieb kevhamster:

The CPU is the bottleneck - the GPU will only be used for the graphics and the GTX 1070 is more than enough for FM anyway.

How much speed i would loss of playing on a PC without a GPU? I‘ve a PC with a i7 6700 CPU with 3.4 GHz and a 8 mb Cache, with also 16 Gb RAM, but without a GPU. The i7 6700 is a little bit better than the i7 7700 HQ. But i don’t know how much the GPU processor is supporting the CPU at gaming. Its maybe worth a try to do a benchmark on both devices.

Edited by vladikliese89
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 18/12/2020 at 11:09, vladikliese89 said:

Hey guys. What is the most important hardware component for the fm? For sure it should be balanced to avoid bottlenecks. How much is the GPU and the RAM involved in the gaming speed? I think the GPU is also doing a lot of work, but maybe only in the 3D matches. I'm only playing in the text mode.

My Laptop System:

Model: MSI GE73 VR

CPU Model: i 7 7700 HQ

CPU Base Frequency: 2.8 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.8 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2400 MHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Storage Type: SSD

Is it worth a try to go on 32 GB RAM? Or would the CPU be a bottleneck?

 

Thanks mates :)

That processor is too weak for the GPU for playing 1080p.

However, if you switch your resolution to 1440P or 2160P you could see some imrpovement.

 

You'd have to upgrade your CPU to a better pairing.

Ryzen 5 2600 would be a better processor for the GPU at 1080p

 

However, you say you play text only? So you're better off downgrading.

If you could - downgrade your GPU to GTX 1650 TI.

 

The bottlenecking is happening between your processor and the graphics card. 

Mind you - it's not that bad. 

More RAM will not help.

 

That's according to this site

https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Core_i7-7700HQ/GeForce_GTX_1070/0KS0UNlu/16/100/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad ending to my laptop with daughter spilling drink on it and it is now unusable

So, I have a budget of c£1000  to spend, little more if it worth going above to play FM and the like.

Any suggestions welcome

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 19/12/2020 at 12:08, vladikliese89 said:

How much speed i would loss of playing on a PC without a GPU? I‘ve a PC with a i7 6700 CPU with 3.4 GHz and a 8 mb Cache, with also 16 Gb RAM, but without a GPU. The i7 6700 is a little bit better than the i7 7700 HQ. But i don’t know how much the GPU processor is supporting the CPU at gaming. Its maybe worth a try to do a benchmark on both devices.

The only difference the lack of a GPU would make is that you'd be using the onboard GPU for the graphics - so there'll be no difference to processing speed between matches, but you'll need to set the 3D graphics settings much lower to get a stable framerate during games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, kstoyle said:

Bad ending to my laptop with daughter spilling drink on it and it is now unusable

So, I have a budget of c£1000  to spend, little more if it worth going above to play FM and the like.

Any suggestions welcome

Are you looking to play any other games?  If so, what games are you interested in aside from FM?  And what else will you be wanting to do with the computer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, 

I am looking to replace my broken laptop and my budget is around £700. Could anyone let me know if the laptop I’ve attached would be sufficient enough to play multiple leagues and run the 3D engine smoothly? 
 

Thanks in advance! 

F8340D36-CB20-423A-9C51-82EB7D9852BD.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Ltfc089 said:

Hi all, 

I am looking to replace my broken laptop and my budget is around £700. Could anyone let me know if the laptop I’ve attached would be sufficient enough to play multiple leagues and run the 3D engine smoothly? 
 

Thanks in advance! 

F8340D36-CB20-423A-9C51-82EB7D9852BD.png

I'd recommend this over it: https://www.box.co.uk/81LK010TUK-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-L340-15_2834990.html

The Ryzen 5 3550H isn't a massively strong processor.  It's not terrible by any means, but the i5-9300H on this one scores a lot more highly on the benchmarks, so this should offer a stronger performance.   Other than that, it has the same graphics card and RAM as the one you've screenshotted there, as well as the same amount of storage.

Edited by kevhamster
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I went with the Currys deal, runs FM very well.

Asking for my brother now who's looking at this...https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15s-eq0537na-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-128-gb-ssd-black-10212906-pdt.html

 

I think the processor and amount of ram should do nicely. Not sure on graphics though, how well would that likely run the engine?

Thanks vm

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a couple of posts on some of the Honor Magicbook laptops, but any views on the Magicbook Pro?

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HONOR-MagicBook-Multi-screen-Collaboration-Fingerprint/dp/B08HNDT366?th=1 - £800 on Amazon at the moment, which seems a good deal, albeit I worry that the lack of a dedicated graphics chip will mean that the 3d engine for FM won't be very smooth?

FM would be the only graphics 'intensive' thing that I'd use the laptop for, as my work is Word / Excel based, and every review I can find for the Magicbook Pro has been overwhelmingly positive.  I'm therefore leaning towards it, unless someone wiser than me can point me in the direction of a better option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Are you looking to play any other games?  If so, what games are you interested in aside from FM?  And what else will you be wanting to do with the computer?

Not really. Just a bit of Netflix, internet, FM. Rarely turn on laptop for anything other than FM. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I’m looking to replace my old laptop. 
My budget is around 500-700 euros.

I found these 3 and would like some advice. I only play fm and use the laptop for internet, netflix,...

Would any of these suffice?

Thanks

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/hp-15s-eq0070nb-laptop-15-6-inch-azerty/9300000014277908/

https://www.mediamarkt.be/nl/product/_lenovo-laptop-ideapad-3-15ada05-amd-ryzen-5-3500u-business-black-81w100r1mb-1897525.html#specificaties--

https://www.mediamarkt.be/nl/product/_acer-laptop-aspire-3-a315-23-r0w5-amd-ryzen-5-3500u-nx-hvteh-00b-1889570.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, kstoyle said:

Not really. Just a bit of Netflix, internet, FM. Rarely turn on laptop for anything other than FM. 

This for just over £1000

https://www.box.co.uk/FA506IV-HN429T-ASUS-TUF-GAMING-A15-FA506IV-HN429T_3062880.html

For under £1000

https://www.box.co.uk/1L6F7EAABU-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-15-ec1009na_2958259.html

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Boksor said:

Hi,

I’m looking to replace my old laptop. 
My budget is around 500-700 euros.

I found these 3 and would like some advice. I only play fm and use the laptop for internet, netflix,...

Would any of these suffice?

Thanks

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/hp-15s-eq0070nb-laptop-15-6-inch-azerty/9300000014277908/

https://www.mediamarkt.be/nl/product/_lenovo-laptop-ideapad-3-15ada05-amd-ryzen-5-3500u-business-black-81w100r1mb-1897525.html#specificaties--

https://www.mediamarkt.be/nl/product/_acer-laptop-aspire-3-a315-23-r0w5-amd-ryzen-5-3500u-nx-hvteh-00b-1889570.html

They all seem to be the same in terms of CPU and RAM, so I'd say go with the cheapest one.  

They won't be massively quick, but will play the game. 

Looking at those sites in general, there isn't a huge amount at the 700 euro price point which is worth considering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

They all seem to be the same in terms of CPU and RAM, so I'd say go with the cheapest one.  

They won't be massively quick, but will play the game. 

Looking at those sites in general, there isn't a huge amount at the 700 euro price point which is worth considering.

Are they at least better than the one I want to replace?

https://www.coolblue.be/product-url/765442?utm_source=vanessa&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=notspecified&cbirid=067A2D5B1E9511ADFF5404A653696F3E

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kevhamster said:

I'd recommend this over it: https://www.box.co.uk/81LK010TUK-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-L340-15_2834990.html

The Ryzen 5 3550H isn't a massively strong processor.  It's not terrible by any means, but the i5-9300H on this one scores a lot more highly on the benchmarks, so this should offer a stronger performance.   Other than that, it has the same graphics card and RAM as the one you've screenshotted there, as well as the same amount of storage.

Thank you for the advice mate! I’ll get that one then! My last one didn’t really do well with the 3D engine so that was my main focus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Boksor said:

In honesty, no.

The integrated GPU is better, so will be able to handle higher settings for the 3D match graphics.

 

However, there doesn't appear to be much in it in terms of CPU strength.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7200U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3500U/m153577vsm760067 actually seems to rank the Intel higher (although the scores it shows for the Ryzen are slightly better, so I'm not sure how it ranks the Intel higher to be honest).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmark-List.2436.0.html? does rank the Ryzen higher, as shown below:

image.thumb.png.e54838c97dfe3b53112b432e31ef76de.png

However, I'm not convinced the Ryzen 5 3500U offers enough of an uplift to make spending that much on a new laptop worthwhile.

My advice would be to save a bit more and go for something like this:

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3-82ey00brmh-gaming-laptop-15-6-inch/9300000005807196/?bltgh=jWEtulDQm2DEfOJ1BM5B1g.qJ8quv3oHxTmjfW2ZH9F9A_0_34.36.ProductTitle

Much stronger CPU so you'll be getting an actual worthwhile upgrade, plus as a bonus it has a dedicated graphics card to enable the 3D matches at the highest settings.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Treating myself to a new laptop for Xmas.

Ive searched with filter Amazon, Curry’s, and from my very basic understanding I have stumbled upon 2 x 14 inch laptop that I’m undecided on and was hoping you good people could give some feedback or if you are aware of any better deals for the same price. I appreciate any assistance here and offer my thanks in advance of input.

I will be using for FM and uni/work so spreadsheets, word processing.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-14-cf2509na-14-laptop-intel-core-i5-512-gb-ssd-silver-10215346-pdt.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089M24YXW?tag=track-ec-uk-178054-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&ascsubtag=ecSEPxma11kiyzbjiz

Mat

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mathpwllwilliams said:

Treating myself to a new laptop for Xmas.

Ive searched with filter Amazon, Curry’s, and from my very basic understanding I have stumbled upon 2 x 14 inch laptop that I’m undecided on and was hoping you good people could give some feedback or if you are aware of any better deals for the same price. I appreciate any assistance here and offer my thanks in advance of input.

I will be using for FM and uni/work so spreadsheets, word processing.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-14-cf2509na-14-laptop-intel-core-i5-512-gb-ssd-silver-10215346-pdt.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089M24YXW?tag=track-ec-uk-178054-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&ascsubtag=ecSEPxma11kiyzbjiz

Mat

Neither to be honest.  Also, the Amazon listing appears inaccurate as it says it has the Ryzen 7 3700X, but according to the Asus site it would be the Ryzen 7 3700U and there is a huge difference between those two CPU models.

Source: https://www.asus.com/uk/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-14-M413DA/

image.thumb.png.5c97000c9e22aacd99c4e000a2b077d3.png

 

In that price range, this is a much better option.  Much stronger processor and decent integrated graphics capability:

https://www.box.co.uk/M413IA-EB573T-ASUS-Vivobook-14-M413IA-EB573T_2955297.html

Edited by kevhamster
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mathpwllwilliams said:

Thanks for coming back to me kevhamster.

I will go as you recommend on that basis.

Is it worth a slight upgrade to this for another £50?

https://www.box.co.uk/M413IA-EB574T-ASUS-VivoBook-14-M413IA-EB574T_2955298.html

 

More storage is never a bad thing, so I'd say yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, charlstonbigspuds said:

Is this any good?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-3i-14-laptop-intel-core-i7-256-gb-ssd-blue-10212814-pdt.html

If you are only using the laptop solely for FM is 4gb of RAM enough?

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend it - low base clock speed for the CPU.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-5-14-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-platinum-grey-10208021-pdt.html

That's a better bet.  Much better CPU and better graphics capabilities.

It's Windows 10 S, so you'll need to follow these instructions to take it out of S mode (S mode means it will only allow apps to be installed from the Microsoft store, meaning Steam and Epic, and by extension, FM cannot be installed):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switching-out-of-s-mode-in-windows-10-4f56d9be-99ec-6983-119f-031bfb28a307

In terms of your question over 4GB RAM.  Technically, 4GB is fine as it is within the minimum requirements stated by SI.  But, you should always aim for 8GB ore more, especially if you want to have multiple programs running at once.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, me again! I posted yesterday regarding a suitable laptop that could handle the 3D with ease. Just before I purchased something recommended to me I’ve seen this - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/acer-nitro-5-17-3-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-gtx-1650-256-gb-ssd-10205985-pdt.html

could anyone give advice on this and whether it would be good enough to handle the game easily? I know the memory isn’t massive but tbh I’d only use it to play FM haha.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ltfc089 said:

Hi guys, me again! I posted yesterday regarding a suitable laptop that could handle the 3D with ease. Just before I purchased something recommended to me I’ve seen this - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/acer-nitro-5-17-3-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-gtx-1650-256-gb-ssd-10205985-pdt.html

could anyone give advice on this and whether it would be good enough to handle the game easily? I know the memory isn’t massive but tbh I’d only use it to play FM haha.

 

It's good and would do the trick.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Neither to be honest.  Also, the Amazon listing appears inaccurate as it says it has the Ryzen 7 3700X, but according to the Asus site it would be the Ryzen 7 3700U and there is a huge difference between those two CPU models.

Source: https://www.asus.com/uk/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-14-M413DA/

image.thumb.png.5c97000c9e22aacd99c4e000a2b077d3.png

 

In that price range, this is a much better option.  Much stronger processor and decent integrated graphics capability:

https://www.box.co.uk/M413IA-EB573T-ASUS-Vivobook-14-M413IA-EB573T_2955297.html

Thanks for the advice!

Finally went for this one, paying a bit more but definitely will last langer too. Could also get it with a nice discount so I think it's a very good deal.
https://www.lenovo.com/be/nl/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-5-series/Lenovo-Legion-5-15ARH05/p/82B500E7MB

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, bigbeezer said:

Hello,

 

Going to get back into FM,

Is there a laptop that would run all leagues in all counties on the largest DB quite fast?

 

Budget would be up to £1000, the less the better tho lol

 

thanks

Fast is subjective. My suggestion would be to look at the benchmarks thread, but I don't believe any computer would run a setup that large quickly. A database that size is hugely intensive on the CPU. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Fast is subjective. My suggestion would be to look at the benchmarks thread, but I don't believe any computer would run a setup that large quickly. A database that size is hugely intensive on the CPU. 

Im hopeless with computers lol.

How many countries do you guys play?

what would be a good laptop for between 800 and 1000 quid?

 

thinking about leagues/nations

 

Argentina

Brazil

China

croatia

denmark

england

finland

france

germany

greece

italy

japan

netherlands

northern ireland

norway

poland

portugal

rep of ire

russia

scotland

spain

sweden

turkey

ukraine

usa

 

 

would that be seen as a lot?

 

cheers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

Im hopeless with computers lol.

How many countries do you guys play?

what would be a good laptop for between 800 and 1000 quid?

 

thinking about leagues/nations

 

Argentina

Brazil

China

croatia

denmark

england

finland

france

germany

greece

italy

japan

netherlands

northern ireland

norway

poland

portugal

rep of ire

russia

scotland

spain

sweden

turkey

ukraine

usa

 

 

would that be seen as a lot?

 

cheers

 

That would be quite a lot.

This is about as good as you can find for a grand.  Very strong CPU: https://www.box.co.uk/GA502IU-AL014T-ASUS-ROG-Zephryrus-GA502IU-AL014T_3015719.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...