Jump to content

FM21 - NEW PC/Laptop advice thread *** PLEASE READ OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING ***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

No idea which one you're talking about to be honest.

If you can let me know your budget and your intended use other than FM I can see what's around.

https://www.ebuyer.com/1129539-lenovo-legion-5-ryzen-7-16gb-512gb-ssd-rtx-2060-15-6-win10-82b10062uk?_sgm_campaign=scn_8b13a0d7b2000&_sgm_source=1129539&_sgm_action=click
 

sorry I meant this. 
 

I feel like this would potentially sort me out for the next few years playing FM at a decent level.

I don’t really need graphics as I prefer 2D Classic but performance wise I couldn’t find much else in the price bracket other than the HP Pavilion on Box with the same RYZEN 7 4800H processor

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jackk! said:

https://www.ebuyer.com/1129539-lenovo-legion-5-ryzen-7-16gb-512gb-ssd-rtx-2060-15-6-win10-82b10062uk?_sgm_campaign=scn_8b13a0d7b2000&_sgm_source=1129539&_sgm_action=click
 

sorry I meant this. 
 

I feel like this would potentially sort me out for the next few years playing FM at a decent level.

I don’t really need graphics as I prefer 2D Classic but performance wise I couldn’t find much else in the price bracket other than the HP Pavilion on Box with the same RYZEN 7 4800H processor

https://www.box.co.uk/1L6F7EAABU-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-15-ec1009na_2958259.html

If you mean this one then I'd be inclined to go for it.  The 1660Ti is more than enough in terms of graphics card anyway, so missing out on the one with the 2060 is not going to be an issue for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

https://www.box.co.uk/1L6F7EAABU-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-15-ec1009na_2958259.html

If you mean this one then I'd be inclined to go for it.  The 1660Ti is more than enough in terms of graphics card anyway, so missing out on the one with the 2060 is not going to be an issue for you.

Thanks Kev.

Do you happen to have an opinion on the general quality of either? 
 

I had a HP Pavilion before and I didn’t think it was great, but I don’t know if that was a one off or if there’s been improvements since etc as it was 2011 I bought it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jackk! said:

Thanks Kev.

Do you happen to have an opinion on the general quality of either? 
 

I had a HP Pavilion before and I didn’t think it was great, but I don’t know if that was a one off or if there’s been improvements since etc as it was 2011 I bought it. 

Can't really comment, as there's always going to be difference between models, and even good designs will have bad units.

If you're unsure on HP, there's always this Asus which has basically the same spec: https://www.box.co.uk/GA502IU-AL014T-ASUS-ROG-Zephryrus-GA502IU-AL014T_3015719.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

Just been reading through this thread as I'm looking to buy a new laptop after my old one of 6/7 years looks to be finally packing in.  I appreciate you have responded to a huge amount of requests, so thanks in advance for your help!

I'm looking to spend around £500-£600 on a new laptop which can run FM21 (3D, a few nations and leagues loaded etc) alongside standard everyday use such as Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, browsing the internet, basic Excel/Word etc. 

I'm in bit of a unique situation in that I've earned some rewards at work which can only be reclaimed from mainstream stores (John Lewis, Currys etc) - do you have any recommendations on models/have you seen any particularly good deals over the last few days?  

Thanks again for your help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2020 at 13:01, kevhamster said:

The 1050Ti will be ample for FM.

Do check the full CPU spec though to make sure it is the improvement you think it is.  That's a very generic description and doesn't give the CPU model, or even which generation i5 it is.

Quick update, thanks for the advice that helped massively. Got a reply from the seller and the CPU was pants.

So managed to blag another desktop with a AMD Ryzen 5 2400g and although the GPU is part of the chipset it's still really good. Got it for £280 with a 1440p monitor chucked in with it too. FM21 running like a dream now.

Cheers again, lifesaver!

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Quick update, thanks for the advice that helped massively. Got a reply from the seller and the CPU was pants.

So managed to blag another desktop with a AMD Ryzen 5 2400g and although the GPU is part of the chipset it's still really good. Got it for £280 with a 1440p monitor chucked in with it too. FM21 running like a dream now.

Cheers again, lifesaver!

Glad to be of help!

Those Ryzen desktop APUs have really good integrated graphics so they do the job nicely if you're on a tighter budget. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Glad to be of help!

Those Ryzen desktop APUs have really good integrated graphics so they do the job nicely if you're on a tighter budget. 

They do that! Able to run on medium/high graphics will zero issue. It's quite the jump from the older laptop with its i3 4005u and onboard graphics anyway! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This one looks like it has good specs and only at USD600 - any catch I should be aware of? I’ll be using for work and FM

 

  • Windows 10 Home 64
  • 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor
  • Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics
  • Memory 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2x8GB)

  • Storage 512 GB Intel® SSD + 32 GB Intel® Optane™ memory

  • Processor and graphics Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)+Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cptnmrvl said:

 

  • Processor and graphics Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)+Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics

Look up the min specs for the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Look up the min specs for the game.

OK thanks, I thought it was the “up to” that mattered. My bad

 

what about this? How do I figure out the base processing rate? They haven’t written it anywhere 

 

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-laptop-17t-cg100-touch-optional-19t04av-1

 

Operating system Windows 10 Home 64 
Processor and graphics Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 (up to 4.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores) + Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics 
Memory 16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB) 
Display 17.3" diagonal FHD, IPS, WLED-backlit, edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080) 
Storage 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA; 128 GB SSD

 


additional $100 for more storage if needed 

Operating system Windows 10 Home 64 
Processor and graphics Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 (up to 4.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores) + Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics 
Memory 16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB) 
Display 17.3" diagonal FHD, IPS, WLED-backlit, edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080) 
Storage 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Intel® Optane™ memory 32 GB
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cptnmrvl said:

OK thanks, I thought it was the “up to” that mattered. My bad

 

what about this? How do I figure out the base processing rate? They haven’t written it anywhere 

 

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-laptop-17t-cg100-touch-optional-19t04av-1

 

Operating system Windows 10 Home 64 
Processor and graphics Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 (up to 4.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores) + Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics 
Memory 16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB) 
Display 17.3" diagonal FHD, IPS, WLED-backlit, edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080) 
Storage 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA; 128 GB SSD

 


additional $100 for more storage if needed 

Operating system Windows 10 Home 64 
Processor and graphics Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 (up to 4.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores) + Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics 
Memory 16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB) 
Display 17.3" diagonal FHD, IPS, WLED-backlit, edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080) 
Storage 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Intel® Optane™ memory 32 GB

CPU wise, it'll do the job. Base speed on that one is 2.40GHz. 

If you play in 3D, I'd consider the Iris XE Integrated Graphics as untested at this point as I've had no feedback from anyone with it to tell me how it performs, but reportedly it is a huge improvement on the old Intel UHD integrated GPU. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2020 at 12:40, kevhamster said:

https://www.box.co.uk/81LK0039UK-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-L340-15_2934443.html is a cracking deal at the moment.  Excellent CPU and a dedicated graphics card which will enable the 3D graphics at max settings.  It's £599.99, but definitely a worthy upgrade over the ones priced under £500.

 

Hi Kev. I think I missed the boat on that one, as the price is up to £699 now. Is there anything equivalent that looks good to you at the moment? I'm looking for the iPhone SE of laptops really - rather than high-end, I'm more looking for the best on a budget. Thanks. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kevhamster said:

CPU wise, it'll do the job. Base speed on that one is 2.40GHz. 

If you play in 3D, I'd consider the Iris XE Integrated Graphics as untested at this point as I've had no feedback from anyone with it to tell me how it performs, but reportedly it is a huge improvement on the old Intel UHD integrated GPU. 

which of these would get me the most value for money? My budget goes up to usd$800 too if there’s something better you recommend. Gaming wise I’ll only run FM, will also use for work. I don’t necessarily have a preference for gaming laptops since I only play FM but reading through negative reviews of non gaming laptops confuses and scares me that they won’t have the processing power so I’m hesitant, figured might as well guarantee myself better processing power if I get one of these 
 


1) $420 Lenovo ideapad gaming l340

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-l340-15-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/6419028.p?skuId=6419028

Total Storage Capacity 256 gigabytes

Solid State Drive Capacity 256 gigabytes

System Memory (RAM) 8 gigabytes

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Processor Speed (Base) 2.3 gigahertz

Intel 9th Generation Core i5 9300HF

 

2) $450 hp pavilion gaming 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-256gb-ssd-shadow-black/6427566.p?skuId=6427566

Total Storage Capacity 256 gigabytes

Solid State Drive Capacity 256 gigabytes

System Memory (RAM) 8 gigabytes

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Processor Speed (Base) 3 gigahertz

AMD 3rd Generation Ryzen 5

Ryzen™ 5 4600H

 

3) $600 Asus tuf gaming

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-tuf-gaming-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-ti-256gb-ssd-black/6425894.p?skuId=6425894

Total Storage Capacity 256 gigabytes

Solid State Drive Capacity 256 gigabytes

System Memory (RAM) 8 gigabytes

Intel 10th Generation Core i5

i5-10300H

 

4) $670 acer nitro 5

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-nitro-5-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-256gb-ssd-obsidian-black/6413246.p?skuId=6413246

Total Storage Capacity 256 gigabytes

Solid State Drive Capacity 256 gigabytes

System Memory (RAM) 8 gigabytes

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Processor Speed (Base) 3 gigahertz

AMD 3rd Generation Ryzen 5

4600H

 

5) $600 Lenovo ideapad 5

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-IdeaPad-5-14-Laptop-AMD-Ryzen-7-4700U-Octa-Core-Processor-8GB-Memory-256GB-Solid-State-Drive-Windows-10-Platinum-Grey-81YM005YUS/350186513?selected=true
 

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa Core Processor

Display: 14.0" FHD LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display

Memory: 8GB OnBoard DDR4 2666 MHz RAM

Internal Storage: 256GB 2242 NVMe TLC SSD Storage

Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics

Edited by cptnmrvl
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris_FM said:

Hi Kev. I think I missed the boat on that one, as the price is up to £699 now. Is there anything equivalent that looks good to you at the moment? I'm looking for the iPhone SE of laptops really - rather than high-end, I'm more looking for the best on a budget. Thanks. :)

How about this @kevhamster - really appreciate your thoughts or alternative suggestions. :thup: Thank you.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/asus-tuf-fx505gt-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-gtx-1650-512-gb-ssd-10208029-pdt.html

Edit: I see you recommended this on a previous page for a similar price: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/156-asus-tuf-gaming-a15-fa506ih-al047t-bonfire-black-144hz-fhd-ryzen-5-8gb-ddr4-512gb-ssd-gtx-1650-w - any particular thoughts on that comparison?

Edited by Chris_FM
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chris_FM said:

How about this @kevhamster - really appreciate your thoughts or alternative suggestions. :thup: Thank you.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/asus-tuf-fx505gt-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-gtx-1650-512-gb-ssd-10208029-pdt.html

Edit: I see you recommended this on a previous page for a similar price: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/156-asus-tuf-gaming-a15-fa506ih-al047t-bonfire-black-144hz-fhd-ryzen-5-8gb-ddr4-512gb-ssd-gtx-1650-w - any particular thoughts on that comparison?

Scan one

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Some amazing work in here from Kev and Smurf - I tip my hat to you both! Wondered if I could join in and ask for some advice.

 

I'm looking for a new laptop and have a budget of up to about £700. It's almost exclusively to play FM21 on (a decent amount of leagues on a large database), with some Remote Desktop'ing to a work server thrown in (standard office work). I don't really stream or listen to music, nor do I edit videos/photos. Would quite like it to last 5 years or so.

 

Have never watched the game using the 3D engine before. Wouldn't mind giving it a whirl, but equally happy to continue using 2D.

 

Any advice appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by BluebirdsCCFC
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cptnmrvl said:

which of these would get me the most value for money? My budget goes up to usd$800 too if there’s something better you recommend. Gaming wise I’ll only run FM, will also use for work. I don’t necessarily have a preference for gaming laptops since I only play FM but reading through negative reviews of non gaming laptops confuses and scares me that they won’t have the processing power so I’m hesitant, figured might as well guarantee myself better processing power if I get one of these 
 


1) $420 Lenovo ideapad gaming l340

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-l340-15-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/6419028.p?skuId=6419028

Total Storage Capacity 256 gigabytes

Solid State Drive Capacity 256 gigabytes

System Memory (RAM) 8 gigabytes

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Processor Speed (Base) 2.3 gigahertz

Intel 9th Generation Core i5 9300HF

 

2) $450 hp pavilion gaming 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-256gb-ssd-shadow-black/6427566.p?skuId=6427566

Total Storage Capacity 256 gigabytes

Solid State Drive Capacity 256 gigabytes

System Memory (RAM) 8 gigabytes

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Processor Speed (Base) 3 gigahertz

AMD 3rd Generation Ryzen 5

Ryzen™ 5 4600H

 

3) $600 Asus tuf gaming

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-tuf-gaming-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-ti-256gb-ssd-black/6425894.p?skuId=6425894

Total Storage Capacity 256 gigabytes

Solid State Drive Capacity 256 gigabytes

System Memory (RAM) 8 gigabytes

Intel 10th Generation Core i5

i5-10300H

 

4) $670 acer nitro 5

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-nitro-5-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-256gb-ssd-obsidian-black/6413246.p?skuId=6413246

Total Storage Capacity 256 gigabytes

Solid State Drive Capacity 256 gigabytes

System Memory (RAM) 8 gigabytes

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Processor Speed (Base) 3 gigahertz

AMD 3rd Generation Ryzen 5

4600H

 

5) $600 Lenovo ideapad 5

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-IdeaPad-5-14-Laptop-AMD-Ryzen-7-4700U-Octa-Core-Processor-8GB-Memory-256GB-Solid-State-Drive-Windows-10-Platinum-Grey-81YM005YUS/350186513?selected=true
 

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa Core Processor

Display: 14.0" FHD LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display

Memory: 8GB OnBoard DDR4 2666 MHz RAM

Internal Storage: 256GB 2242 NVMe TLC SSD Storage

Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics

Number 2 - that's an amazing deal.  I'd snap it up before it's gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BluebirdsCCFC said:

Hi all,

 

Some amazing work in here from Kev and Smurf - I tip my hat to you both! Wondered if I could join in and ask for some advice.

 

I'm looking for a new laptop and have a budget of up to about £700. It's almost exclusively to play FM21 on (a decent amount of leagues on a large database), with some Remote Desktop'ing to a work server thrown in (standard office work). I don't really stream or listen to music, nor do I edit videos/photos. Would quite like it to last 5 years or so.

 

Have never watched the game using the 3D engine before. Wouldn't mind giving it a whirl, but equally happy to continue using 2D.

 

Any advice appreciated. Thank you!

https://www.box.co.uk/82B50042UK-Lenovo-Legion-5-15_2938438.html

Excellent processor and the dedicated graphics card will enable 3D at max settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris_FM said:

Thank you. :) What makes you say that? I'm a real novice with this sort of thing, so any explainer would be awesome. Thanks!

 

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

Experience 

Smurf's not wrong.

The reason I'd choose the one at Scan is because the processor is better.  The specs are otherwise pretty much the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Number 2 - that's an amazing deal.  I'd snap it up before it's gone.

Ah bugger looks like it’s not available. Does 5) do the job for FM? I read that ryzen processors ending in “U” might throttle performance to keep the computer cool

 

$600 Lenovo ideapad 5

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-IdeaPad-5-14-Laptop-AMD-Ryzen-7-4700U-Octa-Core-Processor-8GB-Memory-256GB-Solid-State-Drive-Windows-10-Platinum-Grey-81YM005YUS/350186513?selected=true
 

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa Core Processor

Display: 14.0" FHD LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display

Memory: 8GB OnBoard DDR4 2666 MHz RAM

Internal Storage: 256GB 2242 NVMe TLC SSD Storage

Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cptnmrvl said:

Ah bugger looks like it’s not available. Does 5) do the job for FM? I read that ryzen processors ending in “U” might throttle performance to keep the computer cool

 

 

$600 Lenovo ideapad 5

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-IdeaPad-5-14-Laptop-AMD-Ryzen-7-4700U-Octa-Core-Processor-8GB-Memory-256GB-Solid-State-Drive-Windows-10-Platinum-Grey-81YM005YUS/350186513?selected=true
 

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa Core Processor

Display: 14.0" FHD LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display

Memory: 8GB OnBoard DDR4 2666 MHz RAM

Internal Storage: 256GB 2242 NVMe TLC SSD Storage

Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics

It's possible with any CPU with U at the end of it.  U means "ultra low power", but that one is a decent processor.

Of the remaining ones, I'd go for this one due to it having the best CPU and the graphics card:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-nitro-5-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-256gb-ssd-obsidian-black/6413246.p?skuId=6413246

 

 

If that one's gone, I'd probably choose the one with the i5-10300h.  The Ryzen 7 4700U scores a little higher on notebookcheck (but they are close), but the one with the i5 also has a dedicated graphics card so you'll be able to play 3D at max settings.

The Ryzen one though does have decent integrated graphics and should at least manage medium settings for 3D.

 

 

 

Edited by kevhamster
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chris_FM said:

How about this @kevhamster - really appreciate your thoughts or alternative suggestions. :thup: Thank you.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/asus-tuf-fx505gt-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-gtx-1650-512-gb-ssd-10208029-pdt.html

Edit: I see you recommended this on a previous page for a similar price: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/156-asus-tuf-gaming-a15-fa506ih-al047t-bonfire-black-144hz-fhd-ryzen-5-8gb-ddr4-512gb-ssd-gtx-1650-w - any particular thoughts on that comparison?

 

15 hours ago, Smurf said:

Scan one

 

13 hours ago, Chris_FM said:

Thank you. :) What makes you say that? I'm a real novice with this sort of thing, so any explainer would be awesome. Thanks!

 

12 hours ago, Smurf said:

Experience 

All anyone has to do is go to https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmark-List.2436.0.html

Find both processors and tick mark them - and hit the restrict button

image.png.b4a19decc9e203436ab6a7ee6d92100e.png

 

If you're still not sure - go to https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

Find both and compare them

image.png.a041a5616f7d0d2f98a03a2aeb08c872.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Browno22 said:

Wouldn't recommend it.

 

26 minutes ago, fergieperth said:

It'd be ok.

17 minutes ago, craigh86 said:

Is a Chromebook  useless for FM?

Its has a Intel UHD Graphics is that not good enough? Happy with 2D match play. 

Yep - Chromebooks don't run Windows. It runs Chrome OS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, 

looking at getting a new laptop but I’m not the most tech savvy I was wondering if the one in the link would be capable of decent speed on a large database of around  115k players & about 24 playable nations I could always reduce the number of playable nations if needs be, budget of about £1000 any advice is appreciated, thanks https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-envy-13-ba0512sa-13-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-1-tb-ssd-silver-10206974-pdt.html 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Truetalk said:

Hi guys, 

looking at getting a new laptop but I’m not the most tech savvy I was wondering if the one in the link would be capable of decent speed on a large database of around  115k players & about 24 playable nations I could always reduce the number of playable nations if needs be, budget of about £1000 any advice is appreciated, thanks https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-envy-13-ba0512sa-13-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-1-tb-ssd-silver-10206974-pdt.html 

Nope - see the one I just posted https://www.box.co.uk/laptops/sort/2/refine/46562~144409$46562~191220$46563~67704$46567~200191$max~1000

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tzahy said:

Would you say that this laptop will be better then the I have posted? 

It's a fact it's better. Faster, and more cores/threads. 

image.png.bd887b2872b31e0256a1637583662733.png

 

Graphics card isn't as good

But more than adequate for FM

image.png.50b2f3bfda7c741bf0eb1688a13bdfe4.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dsdans said:

Do you guys have a "this is what we would 100% recommend sub £500" choice?

I'm not too fussy, just want to play a good amount of leagues, usually use 2D match engine

There is no catch-all here - prices move all the time, as does product availability.

Right now, the best I can find under £500 is this: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9085538

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...