Jump to content

4411 are the player roles fine?


Recommended Posts

My personal take would be to keep center back PAIR with same mentality of defend. With back 3 you can be more adventurous.

You don’t appear to be occupying the 10 spot at all. I might suggest either being more intentional about Striker dropping deep or allowing your CMD to be BBM.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, s0ni42 said:

My personal take would be to keep center back PAIR with same mentality of defend. With back 3 you can be more adventurous.

You don’t appear to be occupying the 10 spot at all. I might suggest either being more intentional about Striker dropping deep or allowing your CMD to be BBM.

 

CMD with a DLP/D? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like your AM strata will be empty. Wingers are wide players, CMs both have Hold Position so they won't move forward... I would change this two. Probably DLP-De and BBM or CM-De and RPM-Su. Something like that. Probably with the "De" on the right. I prefer to have some cover for my WB-At than my W-At (he already has a FB-Su behind him)

On a midfield pairing, I try to have a combination of Take More Risks, Hold Position and Get Further Forward/Roam From Position and one De duty and one Su duty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lfds89 said:

I feel like your AM strata will be empty. Wingers are wide players, CMs both have Hold Position so they won't move forward... I would change this two. Probably DLP-De and BBM or CM-De and RPM-Su. Something like that. Probably with the "De" on the right. I prefer to have some cover for my WB-At than my W-At (he already has a FB-Su behind him)

On a midfield pairing, I try to have a combination of Take More Risks, Hold Position and Get Further Forward/Roam From Position and one De duty and one Su duty.

Might be better to keep both CMs holding, but then have a MR or ML come inside as playmaker, with attacking full back overlapping. Helps shield the central defence better without the ball. Then on the opposite flank, a winger staying wide with a full back staying deeper. Balanced.

Edited by Domus Clamantium
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Domus Clamantium said:

Might be better to keep both CMs holding, but then have a MR or ML come inside as playmaker, with attacking full back overlapping. Helps shield the central defence better without the ball. Then on the opposite flank, a winger staying wide with a full back staying deeper. Balanced.

I would find that too static on the midfield, but whatever works

 

3 hours ago, rossenori said:

 

this is what i have right now. RB doesn't go up far enough, tends to sit behind RM. still not sure since i usually just stick with 4123

1.JPG.0c52aed788c1883c9de481a0657826e4.JPG

A CWB-At isn't going forward? That's odd. Since you have a player cutting inside, you can try with a WB-At but it shouldn't be an excuse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rossenori said:

 

this is what i have right now. RB doesn't go up far enough, tends to sit behind RM. still not sure since i usually just stick with 4123

1.JPG.0c52aed788c1883c9de481a0657826e4.JPG

I feel like you have a really good set up here. I actually had a less aggressive attacking full back in mind like FB(A). Wingbacks tend to close down too heavily (can be tweaked) and get too fancy on the ball, and I'm skeptical a 442 is suited to having a complete wingback roaming wild in it.

The main reasons your full back won't get forward enough are mentality and shape.

What are they currently?

Other than that I suspect WP(S) wasn't coded to drift inside off the ball with your team in possession well enough in this version of the game.

Edited by Domus Clamantium
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dazza11 said:

@rossenori the roles mean very little without knowing what team and player instructions you intend to use? Are you using the overlap instruction on the right? 

 

6 hours ago, Domus Clamantium said:

I feel like you have a really good set up here. I actually had a less aggressive attacking full back in mind like FB(A). Wingbacks tend to close down too heavily (can be tweaked) and get too fancy on the ball, and I'm skeptical a 442 is suited to having a complete wingback roaming wild in it.

The main reasons your full back won't get forward enough are mentality and shape.

What are they currently?

Other than that I suspect WP(S) wasn't coded to drift inside off the ball with your team in possession well enough in this version of the game.

no instructions for now aside from overlap, float crosses, exploit flanks, shorter passing. structured, counter or standard. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rossenori said:

 

no instructions for now aside from overlap, float crosses, exploit flanks, shorter passing. structured, counter or standard. 

 

Exploit flanks will push the full back forward but structured and counter or standard will see them sit deeper than you might like.

Structured makes defenders defend first and foremost, but it's great for penetration and quicker transitions.

Aside from that, imho:

- turn off Look For Overlap. That's meant for teams that are trying to play a possession game or are very dominant unlocking teams that sit deep. You want your right back to bomb on, but and if you give him the right mentality he will, but you don't also need to tell your players to hold up the ball to unleash him. You just need him to be an option, a threat, to give width to the team down the right, and even without the overlap instruction, that threat can be a reality if he gets the ball, which without the instruction, he sometimes will.

-You're set to play like a counter attacking team, but you are set as Structured with Shorter Passing. To unlock the offensive strength of Structured you need your team to play direct so they can exploit the vertical space a structured shape allows. On the other hand, if you play Structured your compactness will be reduced between the lines, and without a DM that could be a problem. You  need to decide whether you will  play direct (or maybe default passing style) and structured or fluid and shorter passing, and ultimately that comes down to whether you have players in your team who are good all rounders (Fluid) or players who are particularly strong at set jobs (Structured) or indeed something between that (Flexible). The way you've set roles indicates you want to play specific jobs, and playing a target man will lend itself well to a direct style of play, so on the face of it, structured looks your best bet. In which case, your team will benefit from a direct passing style, but you must also accept lower possession as a result on the understanding that you will be incisive the chances you get, though the shots you got on goal may be fewer.

-Early crosses may be beneficial to exploit space in behind and for the target man to have more space to dominate aerially/create chances in behind for the shadow striker.

Edited by Domus Clamantium
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Domus Clamantium said:

Exploit flanks will push the full back forward but structured and counter or standard will see them sit deeper than you might like.

Structured makes defenders defend first and foremost, but it's great for penetration and quicker transitions.

Aside from that, imho:

- turn off Look For Overlap. That's meant for teams that are trying to play a possession game or are very dominant unlocking teams that sit deep. You want your right back to bomb on, but and if you give him the right mentality he will, but you don't also need to tell your players to hold up the ball to unleash him. You just need him to be an option, a threat, to give width to the team down the right, and even without the overlap instruction, that threat can be a reality if he gets the ball, which without the instruction, he sometimes will.

-You're set to play like a counter attacking team, but you are set as Structured with Shorter Passing. To unlock the offensive strength of Structured you need your team to play direct so they can exploit the vertical space a structured shape allows. On the other hand, if you play Structured your compactness will be reduced between the lines, and without a DM that could be a problem. You  need to decide whether you will  play direct (or maybe default passing style) and structured or fluid and shorter passing, and ultimately that comes down to whether you have players in your team who are good all rounders (Fluid) or players who are particularly strong at set jobs (Structured) or indeed something between that (Flexible). The way you've set roles indicates you want to play specific jobs, and playing a target man will lend itself well to a direct style of play, so on the face of it, structured looks your best bet. In which case, your team will benefit from a direct passing style, but you must also accept lower possession as a result on the understanding that you will be incisive the chances you get, though the shots you got on goal may be fewer.

-Early crosses may be beneficial to exploit space in behind and for the target man to have more space to dominate aerially/create chances in behind for the shadow striker.

I was seeing way too many long balls on direct. My RB just won't bomb forward with the current mentality and shape until the ball is in the final third, which is a little too late. As one of my better players, I'd prefer him to be more involved with the transition too. Another issue right now is the SS not making runs past the TM unless we're by the penalty area, may have to switch to an AF or something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rossenori said:

I was seeing way too many long balls on direct. My RB just won't bomb forward with the current mentality and shape until the ball is in the final third, which is a little too late. As one of my better players, I'd prefer him to be more involved with the transition too. Another issue right now is the SS not making runs past the TM unless we're by the penalty area, may have to switch to an AF or something. 

You could try to increase mentality to Standard or even Control but then "nerf" it with Be More Disciplined and Lower Tempo to reduce creative freedom and reduce risk taking on the ball. Alternatively or perhaps as well, you could bump up shape to Flexible.

Direct equating to long balls to nothing could be heavily influenced by playing a target man. Is DLF(S) out of the question?

If you're curious about effects of the tactical tweaks but don't want to impact the success of your save, you can try saving the game and then continuously play out matches and reloading as an experiment.

Edited by Domus Clamantium
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Domus Clamantium said:

You could try to increase mentality to Standard or even Control but then "nerf" it with Be More Disciplined and Lower Tempo to reduce creative freedom and reduce risk taking on the ball. Alternatively or perhaps as well, you could bump up shape to Flexible.

Direct equating to long balls to nothing could be heavily influenced by playing a target man. Is DLF(S) out of the question?

If you're curious about effects of the tactical tweaks but don't want to impact the success of your save, you can try saving the game and then continuously play out matches and reloading as an experiment.

thats exactly what im doing. im a at loss right now, replaying a game we should be winning. opposition seems to be scoring out of nothing every game, a lot of individual errors, chances not being taken. i might just switch back to a formation and system that im familiar with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...