What's your Beta Save going to be??

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since they are back to the Championship, bringing Coventry back to the Premier League and trying to achieve something special with them would probably be my plan. Also there's traditional Italian sides that have achieved promotion last season, they would be nice too.

Peterborough, Wealdstone or Brentford.

Most likely Wealdstone just to look at the new features, test tactics, etc. Then a long-term save at Posh or Brentford later on.

So excited. :D

Edited by RKM

St Johnstone, as always. First time in 7 years I can start a save without feeling bad about making Tommy Wright unemployed. Rebuild well underway as the squad is now filled with Scottish youngsters set up for expansive 3-4-3 football.

Scotland has a few interesting saves this season for people who like lower league saves.

Bottom of the pile is Brechin City, finished bottom of the league system last but avoided relegation due to the season not being completed. 17/18 they were in the second tier, and then suffered 2 consecutive relegation.

In the 3rd tier you have Falkirk and Partick Thistle both of whom have support levels larger than some top flight clubs, and a history of being top flight clubs, yet both face a fight to get promoted from that division against a modern day Gretna in Cove Rangers.

Second tier you once again have Hearts down there, despite having one of the largest budgets in the country. You'll have Craig Gordon, Steven Naismith and Liam Boyce at your disposal, in a division that contains part time sides. Alongside them is Dundee who, despite being one of the largest clubs in the country on paper, haven't had a sustained spell in the top flight for decades. A sleeping giant save there.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Johnstone, as always. First time in 7 years I can start a save without feeling bad about making Tommy Wright unemployed. Rebuild well underway as the squad is now filled with Scottish youngsters set up for expansive 3-4-3 football.

Scotland has a few interesting saves this season for people who like lower league saves.

Bottom of the pile is Brechin City, finished bottom of the league system last but avoided relegation due to the season not being completed. 17/18 they were in the second tier, and then suffered 2 consecutive relegation.

In the 3rd tier you have Falkirk and Partick Thistle both of whom have support levels larger than some top flight clubs, and a history of being top flight clubs, yet both face a fight to get promoted from that division against a modern day Gretna in Cove Rangers.

Second tier you once again have Hearts down there, despite having one of the largest budgets in the country. You'll have Craig Gordon, Steven Naismith and Liam Boyce at your disposal, in a division that contains part time sides. Alongside them is Dundee who, despite being one of the largest clubs in the country on paper, haven't had a sustained spell in the top flight for decades. A sleeping giant save there.

I've been eyeing up Partick as a possibility as it goes...

Was hoping being back in lockdown minimal to do SI would take pity on us and release the BETA slightly earlier... apparently not lol 

Either way I'll start with Saints and get the feel of the game there and then branch out in time 

Edited by psychonutter

I always play with my team Bristol City, I just loose interest with other teams but I have spent a lot of time in Palermo so I may look at another save with them at some point as they are my second most live watched team..  

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thank you for this! This may just be a rags to riches save for me on full release

5 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Thank you for this! This may just be a rags to riches save for me on full release

Best of luck! They're one of the unluckiest clubs going in terms of managers. This is their results so far...

2020-11-08_14-16-49.png.795eb39e3217e83c6ea917161e062d1c.png

Only win against Albion Rovers came between managers, so they threw a 3 year contract at the caretaker, and then lost 5-0 just a few days later.

After today’s game I might break my tradition of never playing top teams and try to rebuild Real Madrid getting rid of the old glories except Ramos and Bencema and signing a real 9 to play along him in a 442.

Hey all, long time player of the game and long long time member here but today is my first post. I am dying to get stuck into this with lockdown etc and cannot wait to the release date. So my query is: will i be able to load up all nations as i usually do and start my sunday league footballer with no badges start unemployed game with the Beta? Or is it more advisable to wait for full release? Anyone do this previously and regret it? I will spend hours organising which would be a monumental pain in the rear if i have to do it all over again on the official release. Thanks.

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Best of luck! They're one of the unluckiest clubs going in terms of managers. This is their results so far...

2020-11-08_14-16-49.png.795eb39e3217e83c6ea917161e062d1c.png

Only win against Albion Rovers came between managers, so they threw a 3 year contract at the caretaker, and then lost 5-0 just a few days later.

Yes. Glorious. 

1. Vitesse (Arnhem) 2nd in Eredivisie atm, always my main club.

2. Aston Villa. My Prem team cause my first football shirt someone gave me was theirs. Been to Holte End!!

3. Prolly a LLM save in the Vanarama South for the first time. Anyone recommend a team for me?

Edited by fmupdater2k16

1 hora atrás, fmupdater2k16 disse:

2. Aston Villa. My Prem team cause my first football shirt someone gave me was theirs. Been to Holte End!!

3. Prolly a LLM save in the Vanarama South for the first time. Anyone recommend a team for me?

Dulwich Hamlet @ Champion Hill stadium

9 hours ago, fmupdater2k16 said:

Another yellow black fan. Didn't expect that. 

Can't decide. It is between

1. Torquay, the team I support but rarely play as

2. SKA Khabarovsk - just look how remote they are. 3800 miles from Moscow. Getting them to champions league

3. An Island team to dominate Europe - Tenerife, Ajaccio, something like that

4.  A bleak team from Scotland - Elgin, maybe

5. Unemployed journeyman save in South America.

Got a few save ideas lined up for this FM: 

Man United - Always first, and actually quite excited to play with them particularly this year, as they youth teams have had a major overhaul, so there'll be plenty of wonderkids to develop, hopefully! Also hoping the starting players are a bit more realistically rated, as I feel they've been massively overrated the last few FM editions, and have won the leagues/treble first season a few times. 

Parma/Napoli - Torn between the two, although I think I'll kick off with Parma, and do a Napoli one later next year if I get bored. Should be an interesting challenge as they signed a whole load of unknown talents and South Americans over the summer. 

Real Betis/Valencia - GF is from Sevilla, and have been to watch Betis, so have an affliction for them, although FM20 bugged me with them because Fekir was only comfortable in AM position, William Carvalho could only play DM, and they rest of the midfielders seemed more suited to a 4-3-3 formation! Hopefully there's a bit more flexibility in the players this year. Valencia also an interesting challenge, presumably having no money to strengthen, and selling almost all their key players. Again, might start out with Betis and come to Valencia later next year. 

Monaco/Nice - Had a few ace saves with Monaco in recent times, on FM20 winning the league on the last day by 1 point ahead of PSG! Love their setup of having a lot of younger players (Geubbels, Pellegri etc.), and also a bit of a fallen giant in recent times, although Nice is also looking interesting this season, starting out in the Europa league, having a bit of a overhaul with players like Gouiri, Schneiderlin etc. and backed by a sugar daddy. 

Would like a German save, but not sure who to be tbh. Had a good 3 seasons with Hertha last FM, although nothing about their squad this year really excites me. Dortmund also seems a bit too easy to get to elite status. Gladbach possibly?