The outfield goalkeeper and the goalkeeper target man save!

north_london_fan

In this save I have taken over Norwich, with the aim of staying in the league whilst playing an outfielder in goal and a goalkeeper as a target man up top.

For the outfield goalkeeper, I chose the best outfielder, who had decent attributes in the standard goalkeeper role. These were anticipation, concentration, decisions, positioning, agility, first touch and passing. To fill this role I went with Lewis Wing from Blackburn.

For the goalkeeper up front, I chose a goalkeeper with the best possible attributes in the target man support role. These were first touch, aggression, anticipation, bravery, composure, decisions, off the ball, teamwork, balance, jumping reach and strength. For this role, I went with Lee Nicholls from MK Dons.

As for tactics I will play a custom direct counter attacking 442 tactic, as I feel this will put pressure on the goalkeeper to see how he does and I feel this suits the target man role quite well. In order for the target man to get more goals etc, I have set him to stay forward for every defensive set play and each attacking set piece will be aimed towards him. He is also our direct free kick and penalty taker.

I will do an update each match.

20201102162255_1.jpg

20201102162322_1.jpg

20201102162421_1.jpg

Match 1:

In this away friendly against HK Pegasus, our target man got a goal from a near post corner and set up our overlapping left back with a knock down from the counter. However, the one time our goalkeeper was tested he failed and the ball went into the back of the net.

20201102170859_1.jpg

Match 2:

With our second friendly in Hong Kong, against Lee Man, our target man scored two goals. The first one was a penalty, with the second coming from a cross from the left back where he scored a header. In the second match in a row, our goalkeeper was called upon to make a save and this time he did not disappoint, as he saved a clear cut chance to keep a clean sheet. 

20201102173115_1.jpg