[FM21] Rate my Regen/Newgen Thread

PequenoGenio

On 13/03/2021 at 19:41, ShaunG95 said:

w5XQbhN.png

Just came through my youth academy, looks like one of the best young players I've seen at that age in England.

NGKhChR.png

One year on, as we can see he's a lot lot better already. Trained him to be natural from the left as an inverted winger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/03/2021 at 23:23, ShaunG95 said:

NGKhChR.png

One year on, as we can see he's a lot lot better already. Trained him to be natural from the left as an inverted winger.

iyvuscL.png

He's only just turned 18 here, worked on his quickness and his ability in the final third over the past couple of years. He's now working on his attacking movement. It won't be long before he breaks into the first team at this rate, I feel.

23 hours ago, causeforconcern said:

First season Nurnberg save- not much to write home about in our first intake except for one player...but what a player! Only just turned fifteen too.

Untitled.png

Professional too! I'd argue that he'd actually make a really good CB or B2B CM.

15 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

Professional too! I'd argue that he'd actually make a really good CB or B2B CM.

Yeah his height makes my eye twitch thinking about him at fullback but it is actually a position I need strengthening and top left backs can sometimes be scarce. 

He's already developing rapidly half a year later and I'll give him his debut when he's old enough to qualify (think you have to be sixteen or seventeen). 

• 3 weeks later...

off the back of a champions league win this little beauty just beat haaland to the ballon dor   84 goals in 94 games   dont think iv ever had a player valued that much for a 21yo especially in holland not playing for the big boys      the best 1.9m ive ever spent

Untitled.jpg

My current wonderkid. Not the best attributes, but wow he is good, he is outscoring, out assisting everyone in my team currently. He even lead Turkey to Euro's win in 2024. Does anyone have any traits he could use? He is playing simply as Winger-A. I'm afraid I ruin him if I give him any traits.

20210506190140_1.jpg

On 06/05/2021 at 16:37, Daffinius said:

Hi :-) is am new at this game. Is this regen good? I think so :-D how should I train him? Thx for your help :-) 

IMG_20210506_135623.jpg

he he awesome for 15 but unsure how much he will develop his determination is 11     workrate is 10    but not sure what his mentality says as its in another language

On 06/05/2021 at 09:15, bluejoe561 said:

First team material already at 15. Best newgen i have had and I've had a few good ones for my Real Sporting side.

vTX1E4.jpg

Terrific all round spread- how are you going to use him?

Sporting have such an abundance of talent from the get go- tempted to start a save actually although their kits this season are diabolical which has put me off. 

15 hours ago, causeforconcern said:

Terrific all round spread- how are you going to use him?

Sporting have such an abundance of talent from the get go- tempted to start a save actually although their kits this season are diabolical which has put me off. 

I play with an AMC so he looks ideal for that position. I want to give him a full season in the u19's to develop and bang some goals in before I decide his next step.  I'm thinking a simple AMC on support who helps out but drives forward with the ball. He certainly has the team ethics to lend a hand and flair to excite. Sporting has been fun. I still have one youth from the original team who is in the side. 

2 hours ago, bluejoe561 said:

I play with an AMC so he looks ideal for that position. I want to give him a full season in the u19's to develop and bang some goals in before I decide his next step.  I'm thinking a simple AMC on support who helps out but drives forward with the ball. He certainly has the team ethics to lend a hand and flair to excite. Sporting has been fun. I still have one youth from the original team who is in the side. 

I'm going to start a Sporting save I think. How did Gragera, Gaspar and Pelayo turn out? That right back Rosas looks sharp too. 

5 hours ago, causeforconcern said:

I'm going to start a Sporting save I think. How did Gragera, Gaspar and Pelayo turn out? That right back Rosas looks sharp too. 

Gragera was wanted by a lot of big clubs and after holding on hoping he would turn into a star he never really got any better so was sold maybe 3 seasons in. Got rid of Gaspar and Rosas early on. I had big hopes for Pelayo Morilla and he is the one who is still in the team. He can play AMC but I play him on the left. Vice captain now played over 200 games he is an all rounder. Players like Mendez, Garcia, Diaz and Marino were steady 1st team players until we improved. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed how average/poor concentration generally is for newgen attackers? I've found it to be very rare for a winger, attacking midfielder or striker to have above average concentration from the offset, I find that it is always the attribute that seems to be lacking - this is also something that is applicable to some younger players in the game who aren't newgens. I have recently started training my attacking players as shadow strikers to try and combat this as this is one role that does work on concentration, I will report on any noticeable increases along the way.

On 25/05/2021 at 22:14, ShaunG95 said:

Has anyone noticed how average/poor concentration generally is for newgen attackers? I've found it to be very rare for a winger, attacking midfielder or striker to have above average concentration from the offset, I find that it is always the attribute that seems to be lacking - this is also something that is applicable to some younger players in the game who aren't newgens. I have recently started training my attacking players as shadow strikers to try and combat this as this is one role that does work on concentration, I will report on any noticeable increases along the way.

Noticed this alot in my save as well. Lots of single digit concerntration players inclusding some with the lower side of that (4-6).

I sort all trainging out for all 3 teams, so I'll also add the Set Piece - Defending corners training to try to improve this (It'll be in the day before a match). Like you, I also have a lot of attackers training as Shadow Strikers to mitigate. I've got this up by 2-3 in a few players over the 2 years I've had them (so overall it's gone from 7/8 to 10). I'll post again on this when I see how a AML with 4 for this stat comes along, it's still way too early in my save to judge any minor changes ATM.

15 hours ago, plcarlos said:

Noticed this alot in my save as well. Lots of single digit concerntration players inclusding some with the lower side of that (4-6).

I sort all trainging out for all 3 teams, so I'll also add the Set Piece - Defending corners training to try to improve this (It'll be in the day before a match). Like you, I also have a lot of attackers training as Shadow Strikers to mitigate. I've got this up by 2-3 in a few players over the 2 years I've had them (so overall it's gone from 7/8 to 10). I'll post again on this when I see how a AML with 4 for this stat comes along, it's still way too early in my save to judge any minor changes ATM.

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad it isn't just me who have noticed this. I think it's quite normal for a younger player to have poorer concentration as a secondary school teacher... however, there are some anomalies within this.

Keep me updated as to your progressions!

1 hour ago, ShaunG95 said:

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad it isn't just me who have noticed this. I think it's quite normal for a younger player to have poorer concentration as a secondary school teacher... however, there are some anomalies within this.

Keep me updated as to your progressions!

Will do - Although I'm a slower player than most here. FYI - The Raudamentor Role also trains concentration, so the below player will get 6 months minimum with that role + the training scehdules which have now been modified to have a few set piece modules that train that:

1316683250_RMDStart.JPG.8bd56fbc060ecec01d696d9092c681f5.JPGRDMTraining.JPG.08bfbc31f0a967fcb8b5c9869356e133.JPG

Not seeing it yet, by my HOYD went crazy about this guy in the last intake. I do keep a lot of players that most would throw away - Star ratings are not always what they seem, and I have host of players who will sell for good money, and can step in in the short term

Edited by plcarlos

1 hour ago, DylanParry said:

Is there at all a regen or youth list that you could ACTUALLY sign with a Welsh Premier League club? 

You are better off scouting around regions for players to sign for Welsh Premier League club :thup:

image.thumb.png.aacfbc198f079213a3a68252f85b4839.png

I've got this kid at Red Bull Salzburg right now.  I'm not sure what to train him as. Currently I have him training as an anchorman but I feel I may be wasting him there. What are your opinions?

Tactic as per below:

image.png.f5177545795dc12a0aa17879b012c9ad.png

managed to build a beastly team at groningen just some of my starting 11 camavingas the non regen  ..come to a point now where im starting to dominate everything but it never gets boring because im trying my best to keep a 100% record if theres any draws then somethings not right we keep changing =)    image.png.c3610f7d2c0a4c1125743fb486440d06.pngimage.png.7aec55cf1ea5377e613cee7fb59d91f0.pngimage.png.1f371c21b2204b012f5945ecbc65ad65.pngimage.png.9a7aab61cf84dd83f1e1e20de7a829e6.pngimage.png.6291ac3c25fe2fa5fa5a353f63b72bef.pngimage.png.9651526cefb6eeb6fda7c46dc6b8dac6.pngimage.png.23219c978cf04d68659276eafdfe6b3e.pngimage.png.ae94684b47b91290ae591a38a03aa0ee.pngimage.png.9aff3924a38ba22f42895346715f8576.png

image.png.22a0f0f4d42774a793180beeae894e8b.png

Edited by robevz

4 hours ago, robevz said:

should become best player in your save he prob aint far off that now

Ah, you underestimate my ability to not get the best out of good players!

Currently got him playing a 6.7 after 20 games! He's got 10 assists though so at least he's useful!

7 hours ago, Grifty said:

Ah, you underestimate my ability to not get the best out of good players!

Currently got him playing a 6.7 after 20 games! He's got 10 assists though so at least he's useful!

just going by my first team 11 i posted just above your post that i posted on friday....im quite good at spotting when someones going to become a world beater by a few things personality..determination..work rate  etc he loooks a good one from what i can see =)

Bought this guy for 7 million. My highest currently was 6 million for a defender and sold him for 9.5 after 4 years. Not too shabby. He's currently worth 5 million, haha.

Anyway 16 year and already so good? I hope so. Probably going to train is technique or so and use him as an advanced forward or as a poacher. If he does great I hope to sell him for 30m + 20-40% sell-thingy.

Naamloos.png

Edited by RinusFM

Interested to see how good this guy is. First time I've had a pretty long save in FM. 6 titles in a row in Denmark, the kings. 5 doubles to go along with it. And I feel like this guy might the player to take me to the next level. Am I wrong?

fm1.png

Hello everyone. I am managing UTA Arad, my favorite team from my country, Romania. I am at the 24/25 season and so far i have signed a few good regens.

Marc Bertrand(first photo): i've signed him in the second season for 4.7M from another Romanian side, Viitorul Constanta. I consider him the best player of my team, and a great regen.

Flavio Gammara(second photo): signed him in the third season for 4.2M from the argentinian side, River Plate. This one is also good.

Fabio Lescano(third photo): i have signed him this season for the record amount of 15M from the same team, River Plate. So far he's doing good.

Sergiu Tamaș(forth photo): he is from my first intake. He is one of the best young talent from my academy.

Bella Szabo(last photo): he is also from my first intake. i think he may be the best youngstar from the academy.

I want your oppinions. Which one is the best regen?

Bertrand.png

Gammara.png

Lescano.png

Tamas.png

szabo.png

Edited by Kattegat10

On 30/05/2021 at 14:43, plcarlos said:

Will do - Although I'm a slower player than most here. FYI - The Raudamentor Role also trains concentration, so the below player will get 6 months minimum with that role + the training scehdules which have now been modified to have a few set piece modules that train that:

1316683250_RMDStart.JPG.8bd56fbc060ecec01d696d9092c681f5.JPGRDMTraining.JPG.08bfbc31f0a967fcb8b5c9869356e133.JPG

Not seeing it yet, by my HOYD went crazy about this guy in the last intake. I do keep a lot of players that most would throw away - Star ratings are not always what they seem, and I have host of players who will sell for good money, and can step in in the short term

Well, this is a bit furthure on: image.png.1d7cbfbd3f9bbd15cee49982fb389391.png +3 to his concentration whilst being trained as a Raudamentor. Current focus is on passing. Determination and work rate came up via poor perfornamce warnings.

Meanwhile - Each UK youth intake period now takes me over a weekend to get though hunting for players. It's a simple look through each clubs youth intake looking at a specific attributes, especially any areas my U18s\youth preivew\intake might be weak on. This guy stood out, and to be this good at 16 with 5 star rating still is frightening.. Poached as soon as I saw him from Southampton

image.png.2161cd6f6aa38dfbf8e9ff7243be1fe5.png

Finally. THIS guy is why you go scouting the portugese giants. He's going to cost me a whopping £63M overall, but:

image.png.32da592ced00961659d11d42c6be7c01.png

Unsure whether to Train him as a winger to round him out, or as a Central defender. He'd be insane at both.

Edited by plcarlos

On 24/06/2021 at 17:41, plcarlos said:

image.png.32da592ced00961659d11d42c6be7c01.png

Unsure whether to Train him as a winger to round him out, or as a Central defender. He'd be insane at both.

I'd train Edinho as a winger just for the versatility because he already looks like an exceptional CB, perhaps have his training focus on final third to improve his composure and decisions and he'll be an absolute monster wherever you choose to play him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/07/2021 at 12:16, KlaaZ said:

Probably still the best own academy regen I've ever had. 

20210722131335_1.thumb.jpg.1bba37c77342ec291b76e085126de0da.jpg

i like the look of him very naughty ..i thought my keeper in the post above called juan was good but this guy is insane for a gk..mine has 20 for one on ones too it looks great haha

just a one off post as i know this is a player posting section but i posted most of my starting 11 wonderkids earlier on this same page above & this is now the outcome every season
happy regen hunting peeps :cool:

image.png.ccb85362edb96aaaeb7da7c6e53155be.png

Edited by robevz

First year intake at Ajax. Just one month later.

Best newgen i have ever had in any FM ever, going to start him straight in Jong ajax. I think that i already have Onana's successor

68ba327d03112747ff41e6dd83233a9b.png

Edited by Raymond85

On 01/08/2021 at 10:10, Raymond85 said:

First year intake at Ajax. Just one month later.

Best newgen i have ever had in any FM ever, going to start him straight in Jong ajax. I think that i already have Onana's successor

68ba327d03112747ff41e6dd83233a9b.png

reminds me of my current keeper juan  so yours should turn out world class looking at those stats...i wouldnt care how old he is id throw him in next season should become a beast   image.png.3ca8e30f985ea774b7120e077cf4d98b.png

2 ore fa, robevz ha scritto:

reminds me of my current keeper juan  so yours should turn out world class looking at those stats...i wouldnt care how old he is id throw him in next season should become a beast   image.png.3ca8e30f985ea774b7120e077cf4d98b.png

Well, i am starting my second season, so i still have Onana coming back from ban. He is going to go through my youth teams, but for sure i will play him as soon as i move on my starter

On 08/08/2021 at 13:22, birkelse said:

Bought this striker in Hamburg.   Pace is the issue here, but i will see, how it goes . The most expensive player in my 17 season game with Linfield.  13,75 million £ .  

hmm pace.JPG

He's a defensive midfielder? I wouldn't play him as a striker!