Here's the question. 

Hi, my name is silentgoma.

I'm broadcasting a game on Twitch platform in Korea now.

You're wondering why I sent you an email.  

First of all, I like and am interested in a game called Football Manager, so the main content of the broadcast is football manager. 

So! I would like to gather opinions of Korean users and share their questions.

Here's the question. 

1. I think the price of the game is expensive compared to the game graphics.

2. Can't you measure the transfer fee according to reality?

3. Why is the gap between Poten in each country's league so wide?

(Of the four major leagues (EPL, Serie, Bundesliga, La Liga), why is the EPL the strongest and the German league weak and low potential? 

It would be fun if the national balance was right, but it's hard because it's not like that.)

4. Best-line-up standard for each round of the respective leagues?

(There is a way to choose the best Eleven as the real game. Are we going to select the best Eleven based on MVP scores in the FM game? Or is it performance?

5. When will the NetPlay issue(Bug) be resolved?

(Netplay is a user-multi game in FM called virtual draft game!)

6. When will the match engine in the game be replaced?

7. Can a player's maximum individual abilities be changed to 30 instead of 20?

8. Please make a gauge for each stage of individual tactics. 

(I hope there will be more multi-stage gauges in individual tactics, such as advancing and using wide space.)

(When attacking, I only shoot too many times, so if there's someone next to me, I hope there's a cutback.)

(Get rid of Trequartistas and Mezzalas that tell you where your role is.)

9. XG Create

( I hope there will be training such as defense line practice and triangle making.)

10. translation error improvement

When I summed up my opinions, I found out this.

Can you explain why there are these things?

• Administrators
On 31/10/2020 at 08:10, silentgoma said:

Hi, my name is silentgoma.

I'm broadcasting a game on Twitch platform in Korea now.

You're wondering why I sent you an email.  

First of all, I like and am interested in a game called Football Manager, so the main content of the broadcast is football manager. 

So! I would like to gather opinions of Korean users and share their questions.

Here's the question. 

1. I think the price of the game is expensive compared to the game graphics.

2. Can't you measure the transfer fee according to reality?

3. Why is the gap between Poten in each country's league so wide?

(Of the four major leagues (EPL, Serie, Bundesliga, La Liga), why is the EPL the strongest and the German league weak and low potential? 

It would be fun if the national balance was right, but it's hard because it's not like that.)

4. Best-line-up standard for each round of the respective leagues?

(There is a way to choose the best Eleven as the real game. Are we going to select the best Eleven based on MVP scores in the FM game? Or is it performance?

5. When will the NetPlay issue(Bug) be resolved?

(Netplay is a user-multi game in FM called virtual draft game!)

6. When will the match engine in the game be replaced?

7. Can a player's maximum individual abilities be changed to 30 instead of 20?

8. Please make a gauge for each stage of individual tactics. 

(I hope there will be more multi-stage gauges in individual tactics, such as advancing and using wide space.)

(When attacking, I only shoot too many times, so if there's someone next to me, I hope there's a cutback.)

(Get rid of Trequartistas and Mezzalas that tell you where your role is.)

9. XG Create

( I hope there will be training such as defense line practice and triangle making.)

10. translation error improvement

When I summed up my opinions, I found out this.

Can you explain why there are these things?

•  

To try and answer some of these:

1 - FM hasn't in the past been a game reliant on graphics. They are a visual aid for what happens on the pitch - we've gone from commentary only, to 2D and now 3D over the years. We're hopeful you'll notice the improvements for FM21 and we feel our graphics team are taking strides forward with the quality in game. We think FM for playability and enjoyment is definitely value for money and shouldn't be defined by just one aspect of the whole game.

2 - We work to make it as realistic to real life figures as possible. Sometimes you may find AI teams ask for a lot for their prospects - this is them saying no. If the user could go out and sign everyone it'd be both unrealistic and too easy. If anyone has examples where they feel the transfer side is unrealistic with specific examples then feel free to let us know on these forums. 

3 - Don't quite follow this question. Please explain.

4 - Unsure on this one, do you mean the league best XI's being selected in game? How are they calculated? 

5 - What is the issue exactly? Has it been raised on our bug forum? There aren't any further plans at this time for FM20.

6 - Match engine is worked on and improved every year. There's no plans currently to completely 'replace' it, but a lot of work has been done under the hood in recent years to allow us to make advancements that wouldn't have been possible before.

7 - Not sure I understand why your want 30? Currently it's done out of 200, but only 20 is represented on screen. So a player say may have finishing displaying of '11' but this could be say 11.4. When it hits 11.6, it will round up to 12. We feel this is the best way to display the ability of players and there are no plans to change it at this time.

8 - There are no plans to remove roles from game. Sliders which existed before, were removed because there's nothing in real football that mimics what the sliders provided. Players are defined by instructions given in real football terminology, so that's what is represented in game.

And remember just because a manager instructs a player to do something, the players have their own mind and attributes. Some players will use their flair and creativity to do things which aren't following the general team instructions. 

9 - More details on FM21 will be revealed in the coming weeks.

10 - We have a large number of people working on translation all year round to try and make it as accurate as possible. If you do find errors (especially when you notice any when FM21 comes out) please do raise them via our 'Translation' section of our Bugs Forum so our team can make any fixes/improvements.

Hope the above is of some use. Thanks.