Jump to content

When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

Both goalkeepers have the lowest ratings despite it being 0-0 in the 78th minute.

Hmm.

Yea that’s because if you saw the stats, they only 1-2 shots on targets between both teams. Can’t give a Keeper a good rating when they haven’t done anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sedge11 said:

Yea that’s because if you saw the stats, they only 1-2 shots on targets between both teams. Can’t give a Keeper a good rating when they haven’t done anything.

You can't give them a good rating but you shouldn't penalise them for not having any shots to face.

They should get at least an average rating.

How can the strikers get a higher rating than the goalkeeper when, like you say, each team only had one or two shots on target?

Edited by tiotom92
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiotom92 said:

You can't give them a good rating but you shouldn't penalise them for not having any shots to face.

They should get at least an average rating.

I'm not sure it really matters to be honest and feels a bit picky. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tiotom92 said:

You can't give them a good rating but you shouldn't penalise them for not having any shots to face.

They should get at least an average rating.

How can the strikers get a higher rating than the goalkeeper when, like you say, each team only had one or two shots on target?

Would be worth checking the keeper distribution then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 7 minutes, sedge11 a dit :

Yea that’s because if you saw the stats, they only 1-2 shots on targets between both teams. Can’t give a Keeper a good rating when they haven’t done anything.

That's weird though, top teams will have the lowest gk ratings?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kiingallen said:

They're hardly trying to show the game to us i think. Skipping through a lot, considering they've been playing it a while now

I agree they go fast through certain things that are new, on the other hand, you do get a glimpse and some things I'm looking forward digger deeper into so there's that. Could have done with a bit more preparation but I guess it's all last-minute decision stuff...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

You can't give them a good rating but you shouldn't penalise them for not having any shots to face.

They should get at least an average rating.

How can the strikers get a higher rating than the goalkeeper when, like you say, each team only had one or two shots on target?

The keepers did have an average rating. 6.0 is average.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiotom92 said:

All players start on 6.7 because that is average.

You won't see even the worst players average a 6.0 rating because that is a poor rating.

It is a scale of 1-10. 6.0 is average. 

 

It may be the new norm, they've always started on 6.7. Things may have changed. What does it matter if they don't concede?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

It is a scale of 1-10. 6.0 is average. 

 

It may be the new norm, they've always started on 6.7. Things may have changed. What does it matter if they don't concede?

It's not a new norm, it's been like that for at least 10 years.  It doesn't matter that it's a 1-10 scale - you never see players getting ratings of 3, whereas you fairly frequently see players getting ratings of 8.

It doesn't matter a great deal - I was just pointing out that it's slightly worrying considering they've claimed to have fixed goalkeeper ratings (which were broken). The GK ratings in the subsequent games have looked more promising though, so things are looking up.

Edited by tiotom92
Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say as being a full time carer for my wife the one thing I love doing when I have a few spare moments is play Football Manager. I would be extremely grateful if FM 2021 can come sooner rather than later because what I was watching on Twitch this definitely looks the best version of the game ever 👍Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

It's not a new norm, it's been like that for at least 10 years.  It doesn't matter that it's a 1-10 scale - you never see players getting ratings of 3, whereas you fairly frequently see players getting ratings of 8.

It doesn't matter a great deal - I was just pointing out that it's slightly worrying considering they've claimed to have fixed goalkeeper ratings (which were broken). The GK ratings in the subsequent games have looked more promising though, so things are looking up.

I haven't watched the stream yet, but there's an article on FMFC that says they've rewritten the ratings. So it may be that they now start on a 6. Back in the good old days, I think they started on a 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gunner86 said:

I haven't watched the stream yet, but there's an article on FMFC that says they've rewritten the ratings. So it may be that they now start on a 6. Back in the good old days, I think they started on a 5.

I'm watching the stream and they still start on 6.7. I've been playing since CM4 and I don't remember them starting on a 5? Not saying you're wrong, I might just not remember. I wish they would overhaul the ratings system though, instead of players almost always scoring between a 6 and an 8.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiotom92 said:

I'm watching the stream and they still start on 6.7. I've been playing since CM4 and I don't remember them starting on a 5? Not saying you're wrong, I might just not remember. I wish they would overhaul the ratings system though, instead of players almost always scoring between a 6 and an 8.

Ah fair enough if they're starting on a 6.7 still. The article did say they'd rewritten them.

And starting on a 5 was way back in the CM2 days, I think possibly the Italia version which was 95/96, so we're talking very old days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

Ah fair enough if they're starting on a 6.7 still. The article did say they'd rewritten them.

And starting on a 5 was way back in the CM2 days, I think possibly the Italia version which was 95/96, so we're talking very old days.

They've just talked about the redesigned ratings actually! Interesting stuff.

Miles says they've boosted wing-back and defensive midfield ratings as well as goalkeeper ratings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sebN said:

Redesigned Press conference + gestures as headline features just for them to send assistant to the press on twitch :idiot:

They have done loads of press conferences, they will now be doing that so they can show more of the game off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

They've just talked about the redesigned ratings actually! Interesting stuff.

Miles says they've boosted wing-back and defensive midfield ratings as well as goalkeeper ratings.

Yeah, from what I've read sounds like a full on redoing that takes into account position specific stats to create them

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Twitch live stream, at the end of each half there is a tactics pitch showing feedback on your team's passing from the assistant from what I can tell.

It has to be the most useless and pointless feature in the game! The pitch is covered with player icons so you all you see is a cluttered pitch which shows nothing but chaos.

Surely this needs removing or changing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...