When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Erm, wtf SI?! It's only 6.30, I've been online a couple of hours, and this is th first react I've tried giving

image.png.35ecd3a41598a700c66d02927952bd67.png

Please give this post upvotes to ease the pain lads

There's only one way for SI to make up for this gross negligence...

1 minute ago, Meddlloide said:

I really demand an explanation and apology from SI. I saw the advertisement and bought a key and then on steam it says the game is locked? What is this.

That's the spirit bonny lad. Demand an explanation on what? There's no guaranteed release date for the beta.

The FULL game will be released on 24th.

1 minute ago, davehanson said:

Miles said that it wont be the usual release time of the day due to the ongoing covid situation. NHS in England needs the bandwidth so I am guessing he means it will be a late evening release, probably about 8 or 9pm UK time.

This must be a joke. 

1 minute ago, boroinbishop said:

I just got this advert on Facebook too, if it isn't already out I think it's safe to say it is coming at some point today.

Screenshot_20201110-063458_Facebook.jpg

Probably some pre-scheduled add-release on the ‘2-week mark’... but still...

13 minutes ago, Alfredo James said:

Hello Fellow Singaporean... i heard last year its 4pm uk time... so if its the same this year, its 12am for us :(

I do not mind at 12am as i can spare another 2 hours to kick start the game.. Glad i'm working from home..

We need some GIFs and banter back in here. They never said the beta would be released today. The advert appeared overnight in the UK, clearly it was timed.

Noone can demand anything. SI aren't letting you down by it not being available at midnight on the 10th.

I think some people need to put their big boy pants on.

Serious mode over.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, godlessshoes said:

We need some GIFs and banter back in here. They never said the beta would be released today. The advert appeared overnight in the UK, clearly it was timed.

Noone can demand anything. SI aren't letting you down by it not being available at midnight on the 10th.

Serious mode over.

spacer.png

Don't you worry my fellow FM player. I'm here, so is @ferrarinseb , @toffee71 and @gunner86 will be along soon, not to mention all the other FM nerds that have been involved since day one. Here's a Chuck Norris gif to get us going

chuck norris GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

2 minutes ago, godlessshoes said:

Serious mode over.

spacer.png

Noone complain about the delay really

Only the advertisements. 

But by clarifying that I do not intending for being "win in court" camp neither! 

il y a 6 minutes, davehanson a dit :

Miles said that it wont be the usual release time of the day due to the ongoing covid situation. NHS in England needs the bandwidth so I am guessing he means it will be a late evening release, probably about 8 or 9pm UK time.

Please, not this kind of thinking so early in the morning

giphy no.gif

11 minutes ago, Siepe1990 said:

Isn’t this the first time the beta hasn’t released prior to the ‘2 weeks’ mark? Trying to think about if it happened before...

It's usually early, this will be the first time that I can remember. I guess we've been lucky in the past. I have confidence today though. 

With the adverts, I reckon they were pre-timed on the assumption its never been later than 15 days before in previous years, so it would definitely be out by now. There is probably a big problem that delayed things last minute. It's very bad PR work as some people will have bought the game specifically after seeing those ads, thinking its available immediately. That being said, 95% of us would have already bought and won't care about the ads.

Edited by Reflection86

28 minutes ago, Alfredo James said:

Hello Fellow Singaporean... i heard last year its 4pm uk time... so if its the same this year, its 12am for us :(

We singaporeans are always hoping that it drops exactly at midnight our time :-) rarely happens.  last year I think it was midnight london time.

3 minutes ago, Meddlloide said:

They are puttin ads on instagram and facebook. What a joke how you even defend tht, it's fraudulent advertisement. Without these ads never would have bought.

Yet here you still are longing for the game :lol:

Look, the ads are the ads, until someone says the beta is released, it's not going to be released. Also, its not even 7AM here in England yet.

As @Reflection86 says, these will be timed ads, as well as being targeted advertising. I would be surprised if the beta, NOT THE FULL GAME, isn't out today, and by today I mean before midnight tonight. It's people like you that will only moan, and not report bugs when the beta comes out anyway

1 minute ago, Reflection86 said:

With the adverts, I reckon they were pre-timed on the assumption its never been later than 15 days before in previous years, so it would definitely be out by now. There is probably a big problem that delayed things last minute. That being said, it's very bad PR work as some people will have bought the game specifically after seeing those ads, thinking its available immediately. That being said, 95% of us would have already bought and won't care about the ads.

"Bad PR"?  Is this the only thing you've ever purchased?  Is this your first-ever customer experience?  I think someone might not have a healthy sense of perspective.

They are usually early in releasing it, and it will come out when its ready to come out, all we can do is prepare:

- Children sent away
- Phone disconnected
- Desk Cleaned up
- Ideal situation wife loves the game and us playing
- Otherwise -- send wife on holiday, worse case divorce and rinse repeat
- Prepare snacks
- Prepare "distractions" in the event of unavoidable crash

Just now, stripeyfox2015 said:

cool. hope you've got plenty of money then....

Any lawyer would say something along the lines of 'It's not worth the time and effort for a £30 game, that you're getting an unfinished product before release date as a gesture of goodwill.

1 minute ago, Nonlondoner said:

"Bad PR"?  Is this the only thing you've ever purchased?  Is this your first-ever customer experience?  I think someone might not have a healthy sense of perspective.

Haha. I personally couldn't care less about the ads, I bought the game in September! If you can't see how ads all over Facebook and Insta stating a product is out now since midnight can be considered bad PR, that's your opinion mate. I'm entitled to mine.

hace 1 minuto, Meddlloide dijo:

If it's not out don't put ads that's inexcusable. It's simple.

It’s probably just bad coordination with whoever leads the marketing campaigns, either Sega or an external marketing company. Big mistake from that company? Sure, bad faith from SI? No way.

Just now, Rashidi said:

They are usually early in releasing it, and it will come out when its ready to come out, all we can do is prepare:

- Children sent away - Mine will be at school from 08:40 - 15:10. Check.
- Phone disconnected - Check
- Desk Cleaned up - I work from home, easy to sort this out. Check.
- Ideal situation wife loves the game and us playing - My beautiful wife to be will be at work all day. Check.
- Otherwise -- send wife on holiday, worse case divorce and rinse repeat - See above.
- Prepare snacks - Already stocked up. Check.
- Prepare "distractions" in the event of unavoidable crash - Please no

1 minute ago, Reflection86 said:

Haha. I personally couldn't care less about the ads, I bought the game in September! If you can't see how ads all over Facebook and Insta stating a product is out now since midnight can be considered bad PR, that's your opinion mate. I'm entitled to mine.

Haha same, I bought the game about 6 weeks ago

1 minute ago, Icy said:

It’s probably just bad coordination with whoever leads the marketing campaigns, either Sega or an external marketing company. Big mistake from that company? Sure, bad faith from SI? No way.

They can explain that in court. You could put general advertisement without PLAY NOW. They knew it wouldn't be out at the time the ads started.