[Discussion] Game Difficulty, Scouting, Transfers, and Financnes

Mac2298

As a FM Mobile veteran (I've played every version, for hours I dare not calculate), it's been hard for me with recent versions of the game not to notice a trend that the game seems to be getting easier. I don't think the problem is the match engine; rather, it's too easy to improve a lower-tier team through the transfer market. You can basically take any team, play a season, sell your top performer for 200% of your starting transfer budget, and use your scouting team to pick up 3 youngsters with four+ star potential. You can essentially farm your way through improving your team, which isn't terribly realistic. It's great fun to take a League 2 team and win the Champions League in 6 seasons, but it gets old the third or fourth time around.

I think the easy way to fix this is to make the transfer market harder. It's really easy to pick up bargain youngsters that inevitably flourish and fetch 3-4 times their original market value. To fix this,

1) Teams should not keep 100% of transfer income. Finances should be more nuanced, like the full FM game, and lower teams should need to depend on selling players to keep a positive cash flow. Having a gradient of percentages depending on the club's financial situation and league stature, with a sliding scale that can be adjusted as you improve finances, would be great.

2) Scouting needs to be harder. As a League 1/2 team, I shouldn't be able to send my youth scout out and have him come back with 15 players under 20k with 4+ star potentials that soon take the league by storm.

3) Offers for players from other clubs shouldn't be so high.

These and any other tweaks to make the market harder to dominate will really make the game a lot more interesting than just a grind to farm youth players.

• 2 years later...