Extremely Contrasting Player Attributes

Are there any players in FM that have extremely contrasting technical, mental or physical abilities? e.g. an outfielder who is very tall but really bad at heading and jumping or someone who is a brilliant leader but rubbish technically... 

It would be interesting to see if any players fit these sorts of niche categories. Feel free to suggest and share your own. 

Two attributes that I think should be more highly correlated are aggression and bravery. I just scouted a guy with 17 aggression and 7 bravery. The game itself seems confused on this point as well. My scouting report will often say of the low bravery guy: "tendency not to get stuck into rough challenges can put his teammates under some pressure." But then the you look at the description of the aggression attribute, and it calls aggression the "willingness to get stuck in."

I think I have seen more issues with regens than genuine players, but I do recall having a winger once who had Pace 18 but Acceleration of 7. I always thought of him as a juggernaut, takes a while to get going but once he is up to top speed, he is uncatchable.

I haven't kept tabs on his current ratings, but Marko Arnautovic at Stoke, despite being huge would not aerially compete for the ball. He would typically take an extra step or two and back off to try and bring it down with his first touch.

I just rated him to have a lesser jumping reach than a player his height should - this would mean he would use his natural height to try and get possession and not just jump for a header.

1 hour ago, fivetwelvepony said:

Two attributes that I think should be more highly correlated are aggression and bravery. I just scouted a guy with 17 aggression and 7 bravery. The game itself seems confused on this point as well. My scouting report will often say of the low bravery guy: "tendency not to get stuck into rough challenges can put his teammates under some pressure." But then the you look at the description of the aggression attribute, and it calls aggression the "willingness to get stuck in."

Basically the guy will constantly harass the opposition, but at the same time won't throw himself into a tackle. Looking at the original DB, a bunch of more offensive players have this combination actually. Players who aggressively chase the ball up the pitch, but whom you won't see throwing themselves in front of the ball. For some reason a lot of them are actually playing in the Bundesliga, guess German researchers doing German researcher things.

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

I haven't kept tabs on his current ratings, but Marko Arnautovic at Stoke, despite being huge would not aerially compete for the ball. He would typically take an extra step or two and back off to try and bring it down with his first touch.

I just rated him to have a lesser jumping reach than a player his height should - this would mean he would use his natural height to try and get possession and not just jump for a header.

Do you think "Uses first touch to control aerial balls instead of jumping for headers" would be a useful PPM addition? The amount of times players refuse to do that when attacking corners in FM20 makes me wish it was in the game :P