Board setting next season's expectations don't take into account retiring players and loanees

I just finished a season in Vanarama North.

Starting expectations was to not get relegated.

I managed to reach and win the playoffs with a poor team, thanks to free loans of very strong youths from upper division clubs. I also had one great retiring DR who only agreed to sign because I also gave him a staff role.

Now after I won the playoffs, the board are expecting me to finish midtable next season in the Vanarama National League. But if you exclude the loanees and retirees, I still have the same team that was supposed to fight against relegation in Vana North! They didn't give me a warchest either to explain this, they gave me 35k which can buy me one decent Vana North player, 2 if transfer listed.

That's a pretty big design oversight isn't it? Expectations should be based on the current team + transfer budget.

24 minutes ago, epicrecruit said:

I just finished a season in Vanarama North.

Starting expectations was to not get relegated.

I managed to reach and win the playoffs with a poor team, thanks to free loans of very strong youths from upper division clubs. I also had one great retiring DR who only agreed to sign because I also gave him a staff role.

Now after I won the playoffs, the board are expecting me to finish midtable next season in the Vanarama National League. But if you exclude the loanees and retirees, I still have the same team that was supposed to fight against relegation in Vana North! They didn't give me a warchest either to explain this, they gave me 35k which can buy me one decent Vana North player, 2 if transfer listed.

That's a pretty big design oversight isn't it? Expectations should be based on the current team + transfer budget.

High expectations comes with overachieving.

46 minuti fa, FrazT ha scritto:

I agree that once you are successful, the board expectations will increase

Yeah, but that is an issue if Board doesn't look to real team value. 

I often deliberately lose matches if i'm overacheiving too much so that i can really built up the team slowly.

I guess part of the expectation is that if you managed to build a team to do what you did last year, then you can do that again? There’s nothing to stop you going out and getting a load more loanees again. 
I have to say I kind of disagree with the board setting unrealistic expectations too quickly, although that may be board dependent. I finished fifth with Wolves after being told I was expected mid table, now my new expectations are top half, after upgrading the squad for a tilt at the europa league. I guess it comes down to chairman/board attributes

I do plan on getting more loanees of course, but my base team that I have to fill the rest of the match squad with is now much worse than before, compared to the opposition. They are barely Vana North material. Now they're playing in the Vana National. I can't field 11 good loanees.