[FMT20] - The First Star of The European Cup

ashjm

October 2048/49

Grasshoppers Zurich - Swiss Super League

image.png.2e2c6800d76a45bfae7d2176b4a24543.png

qEuBJ1L.png?1

b06Z40j.png?1

Not a bad month at all really. We did loose the first game of the month but we did play well in it. We won our next two games in the league which was really important for us and now moved us away from the drop zone. We also got through to the quarter final of the cup but we play Young Boys there so I feel that maybe the end of the run

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

November 2048/49

Gx7f2zJ.png?1

SnMuwlC.png?1

An amazing month and so very nearly perfect. It is always good to get a derby win. We also managed to win against two teams above me in the league table. We drew the last game which is a real shame as they are by far the worst team in the league. We are looking good at the moment, there seems to be a small gap being made between us and 5th which I like

December 2048/49

C23Wc2W.png?1

ZI0AIhz.png?1

So we went into the month knowing that it was a tough group of fixtures. We lost the first one but that was to be expected, they scored really late on so that was disappointing. We did draw and win the next two so that sets us well going into the Winter Break. Now the break is going to be interesting as I think there is some business to be done, I can see aspects of my squad that need improvement so I will look to address them.

4q32uTf.png?1

We have a very decent budget but our finances are awful so I dont want to risk too much by spending loads and loads. 

January 2048/49

v9wlKSi.png?1

e70RPJC.png?1

We had a little bit of a break and this allowed me to play some friendlies which did well in getting some very credible draws. We had one game in the league at the end of the month and we played well, we were pushed hard but managed to get win, to keep us well clear of 5th. 

One player came into the squad he is a left wing back as this was a spot of need

Juan Thuram-Ulien

February 2048/49

MD5LI3k.png?1

Ap2kQtl.png?1

A real shocking month where nothing we tried seemed to work. The worry for me is up top as we are not scoring anywhere near enough. We have seemed to stop creating chances and worryingly our defence in the last game was awful to. I am going to have a look at the tactics I think

March 2048/49

OTwBqub.png?1

pENAQq8.png?1

Two wins and a draw get us back on track and keep us in a European spot. I would love to take this team into Europe, I am really starting to worry about the finances of this team we are now 3mil in debt,

April 2048/49

5SXcuHF.png?1

xN25YiS.png?1

One loss away from home and three huge wins at home. This was vital this month and moves us into 4th. I honestly think this will now secure our European spot. 

End of Season 2048/49

HAQj7pT.png?1

QldMlB9.png?1

Well that was more nervy that it needed to be. We did ok, but we really should have won against Lugano but in the end it was enough to see us go into Europe. All being said I am happy with how the season went, I am chuffed to get European football and I thought we played well most of the season. The squad does need some work though as this team is no where near the standard to be playing at this level. 

Stars of Season

Aldin Kadric - young lad who plays infront of the back four. Maybe my favourite player at the club does nothing wrong and is very solid

David David - excellent from the middle of the park, very creative and maybe the most talented player in the squad

Bastian Soler - I was unsure about him when I brought him into the squad but he has blown me away with his performances this year

Next Season

I would love to stay here but the finances are a huge issue. I have no cash to spend next year and no wages as they have taken a large chunk off the budget so I am already over budget. I am really not sure

zkevtGl.png?1

Pre Season 2049/50

EvsbcqW.png?1

So we are expected to do a little better than we were last year, we expected to stay clear of the drop zone. I actually think the division is better this year than it was last due to the purchases coming into the league. 

zjlYXYN.png?1

We had a decent enough preseason where we recorded some very good wins along the way. 

We were unable to bring anyone in (accept one deal which I tied up last year) as such no one left as well as we need to keep the squad as is really.

Mohd Azwan Abdul Razak - he was the only player to come in. He was my Malaysian superstar who went to Australia. Luzern brought him to Switzerland last year but were not using him so I picked him up. Its nice to have a friendly face in the squad. He is developing nicely, I gave him his debut as 16 year old with the National Team 61 caps at 23 is not bad

July  2049/50

Ul6Koyd.png?1

pp6RcE8.png?1

A fantastic start to our season and as about as good as I could have hoped for. A well fought draw from one of the best teams in the league was followed by a super win. We then smashed a Greek team in the Euro Conference to go into the next round. Really good start to the year I am most pleased by how well we are moving the ball. I cant believe I am now 30 years in the future, 

August  2049/50

4YUuWKB.png?1

72t6NWu.png?1

A very busy August finally comes to an end. In the League we have not been fantastic as we managed to get a win, draw and two losses. Its not ideal but we have been paying teams who are at the top of end of Swiss football. In Europe we were amazing as we smashed pass some decent teams to get into the European Conference League Group. We have a fairly winnable group so it should be good fun. 

September 2049/50

fEy9hov.png?1

ANijh5g.png?1

A very decent month for us where the league form picks up a lot. We got a win in the cup to go into the next round easily. In the league we won all but one game and the game we did not win we really should be doing. It does put us into European spots though it is early doors. In Europe we did well we got a win and close loss to a decent Dutch side. Certainly not a bad start. 

October 2049/50

dRaUy5d.png?1

kCeRRuf.png?1

So we continued our up and down form in the league we actually failed to get a win and we really should have done. In the cup we go through again and will face Young Boys next. We also got a win in Europe to continue our decent form there. I however wont be at the club any more. I have decided to resign, the reason is finances despite making nearly £6mil this year we are still £4.5mil in the red and we just continue to loose money. I cant offer deals that will keep my players here for next year. I have lots of clubs sniffing around my better players and I know they will eventually be sold. My time here is over, I am not happy but I just feel with the way the finances are I will struggle.