Striker does not score, does not pass, does not provide assists

Playing as Man City with the following tactic

1006829925_Screenshotfrom2020-10-1616-35-35.thumb.png.d24622e8d79a9436fa3ec34a5895b71c.png

I want possession football and I expect my striker to be the main scorer along with the AML-IF on attack.

In the first seasons, Aguero was my main striker and he was amazing. He scored a lot and provided many assists. Sterling as IF-At was scoring 10-15 goals as well and everything was fine.

But since Aguero got old, I used Gabriel Jesus as my main striker. I also bought Harry Kane, as the best DLF in the league. But they are both useless...They do not score, they do not provide any assists and they have the lowest rating in every game.

Look at this game. 1 shot and 9 passes for Jesus, 0 shots and 2 passes for Kane.881055747_Screenshotfrom2020-10-1616-35-45.thumb.png.0bd13613f29d49708a9e30ea86a27fff.png

Why don't they contribute in the game? What else can I do?

Edited by iliasgal

I can try that, but my idea was to dribble less and pass more in order to maintain possession. 

This is Gabriel Jesus' profile. It was not clear in the tactic screenshot above, but I have added the PI "Dribble More" specifically for him.

159608012_Screenshotfrom2020-10-1619-00-00.thumb.png.d25967381d0db11a1363b90dfad41905.png

Edited by iliasgal
1 hour ago, iliasgal said:

I can try that, but my idea was to dribble less and pass more in order to maintain possession

Dribble less is not a necessary instruction for possession-based football. You should always look to play to your team's strengths, regardless of the style of football you want to implement. 

159608012_Screenshotfrom2020-10-1619-00-00.thumb.png.d25967381d0db11a1363b90dfad41905.png

In your current setup, I would most probably play Jesus as a TQ or F9, Although given that your other (reserve) striker is Kane, maybe DLF would still be a better choice. Because Kane is definitely more of the DLF/CF type than TQ or F9. 

Other tweaks regarding roles and duties I would suggest include changing the AMR into IW on support and RB into WB on support (possibly with the Underlap right TI added).

29 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Dribble less is not a necessary instruction for possession-based football. You should always look to play to your team's strengths, regardless of the style of football you want to implement. 

I removed Dribble Less and both the team and Gabriel Jesus started playing better. Do you think I could even try Run At Defence? There are quite a few players with Dribbling over 16 in my squad.

34 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Other tweaks regarding roles and duties I would suggest include changing the AMR into IW on support and RB into WB on support (possibly with the Underlap right TI added).

I do that quite often, as my reserve AMR is more of an IW rather than a Winger.

But can an Underlap work for a IW-WB pair? I thought it was mostly for the W-IWB pair.

Interesting, I added dribble less in my juego de posicion tactical thread, but then have particular players the PI to dribble more. As positional play is a big part of Pep's system, I ran a half season simulation with city. All I did was load the tactic and simmed to 12/31/19.

City is in first and aguero has 15 goals. Maybe check it out for some ideas. 

I removed Dribble Less and both the team and Gabriel Jesus started playing better. Do you think I could even try Run At Defence? There are quite a few players with Dribbling over 16 in my squad

If I managed City, I would most probably use the Run at defence. However, given that you've already seen an improvement after just removing the Dribble less, just leave it where it is now and do not rush into making too many changes at once. 

But can an Underlap work for a IW-WB pair? I thought it was mostly for the W-IWB pair

Underlap can work for any pair. Just watch Rashidi's recent videos and you'll see what I mean ;)

16 hours ago, iliasgal said:

I removed Dribble Less and both the team and Gabriel Jesus started playing better. Do you think I could even try Run At Defence? There are quite a few players with Dribbling over 16 in my squad.

Bare in mind the TI only override roles that don't have a fixed instruction.  IF-At and W-Su both have Dribble More so telling team to Dribble Less doesn't affect them.  It did affect Jesus, Davies and Cancelo who's Dribbling attribute is one of there best (and have physicals to use it) hence reduces how much they will make use of it, could be viewed as "wasted" points.  It also affected Silva and De Bruyne but its not one of there best and they have other strengths so less issue there.