Git-like cloud save multiplayer

Bakayoko

Hi,

It would be nice if i could play a game with my mate where we can play both at our own computer and in our own time in the same save.

The way i see this working is as follows.
There is a main save game stored in the cloud. At the beginning of a 'turn' we both get a branch of this main save data. We can both then do things that don't require progressing in time. Think scouting, tactics training etc.

When you're done with the turn you click the continue button to indicate you're ready to progress. The other can see this. You can still change things after this.
When everybody has clicked 'continue' the branches get merged into the main save. time is progressed and all get a new branch. and so forth

only for matches against each other we both need to be online, set a desired speed and the match is played and interacted with in real time.

The processing is done in the cloud so you can have a nice fat cloud instance to speed it up ;-)
It wouldn't even take too much cloud cycles, just the merging and processing. Merging shouldn't be a problem cause we're in our own little part of the data, i can't see where there would be conflicts.
FM on the computer won't be more than a client

That's my basic idea, please consider it as i can imagine it would attract a lot of former CM/FM players that have little time to meet up with a mate to play FM back to the game

regards,

Peter